HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

STH "Town Hall" Meeting Report

Old
03-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Yeah Kambo, **** off with your dirty filthy **** filled **** hole of a mouth

Also, I love how Stevens makes vids for the players. Im convinced he makes cakes now. ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
he does make ****ing cakes, you dumb ****, what the **** is with all the *******s on this ****ing board? You **** **** *** ***** bag juggling ass**** cloud **** **** **** **** donkey **** **** **** stick ******* ass**** ********ass bench
I'm pretty sure you could say all the ****ing ****** ass words in the ******* world, just as long as you don't mention Randy ****ing ****HOLE Jones. That's what makes it bad.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:08 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Marty stuff is disconcerting to me.

I mean, if he finishes out the season at around .917 and has a strong playoffs, I'm betting he could find someone to give him 5 million (Huet got 5.625) and we just can't afford that unless we do some major shifting.

The fact that we don't appear to have made any progress with him makes it worse.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:21 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Awesome post, very good read.

I take the not trading Nitty to possibly meaning that if we traded him that he would not of passed a physical for his new team ??????

Good news on maybe keeping Knubsy for bonus related contract

Goalie situation will need to be addressed seriously, I think we will need to trade for either a Lehtonen or Schneider and then sign a cheap, veteran Back-up (Cujo) type. If Biron is looking for a huge raise(ie 5 mill +)he's gots to go.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Awesome post, very good read.

I take the not trading Nitty to possibly meaning that if we traded him that he would not of passed a physical for his new team ??????

Good news on maybe keeping Knubsy for bonus related contract

Goalie situation will need to be addressed seriously, I think we will need to trade for either a Lehtonen or Schneider and then sign a cheap, veteran Back-up (Cujo) type. If Biron is looking for a huge raise(ie 5 mill +)he's gots to go.
Dear Marty, did you notice the part where the cap is coming DOWN???

Thanks.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Homer says we have no goalies for next year and he is not sure what we are going to do yet. He says that Marty's agent wants WAY too much money and that he is not Marty Brodeur even though he outplayed him last night. They last spoke to Marty in December and he wants to stay but the agent is the pain. They will try again to bargain with him. He said that Nitty is damaged goods and the Hip has and never will fully recover. He suggested with his words that this is Nitty's problem. He said he got many calls for Nitty at the trade deadline but he could not in good faith trade damaged goods Nitty to anyone. If Marty doesn't work out they will be looking into the Bulin Wall, Tim Thomas, Manny Fernandez, or try and make a trade.
i don't understand at all how this part can be true. there's no way that these guys are gonna get anything less than marty once the FA bidding war starts.

marty's gonna have to be the guy. we're probably looking at getting rid of jones here. if knuble takes a pay cut, we can keep him, but i don't know about being able to keep lupul. i don't like the idea of trading all these guys away, but i guess that's business.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Not entirely correct. The current shade was used before. I believe the colors went darker pretty soon after because it the orange jerseys looked too bright and was mistaken for white on black and white TV sets.

When? The orange of the current third jersey is brighter than any of the orange in any of those jerseys in the image above. Like I said, we currently are usuing two shades of orange. The orange on the home and away jerseys is darker than the orange on the third. And the orange on every early Flyers' jersey I've ever seen was so dark it was almost red.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 10:06 AM
slapsht25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
When? The orange of the current third jersey is brighter than any of the orange in any of those jerseys in the image above. Like I said, we currently are usuing two shades of orange. The orange on the home and away jerseys is darker than the orange on the third. And the orange on every early Flyers' jersey I've ever seen was so dark it was almost red.
the 69-72 jerseys were light like the current orange, the flyers added more red starting in 73

slapsht25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
jme42257

great read. man I wish I was a STH, def look forward to these posts!! Good stuff on the jerseys, the goalie situation makes me nervous, and the cap going down? not good.

jme42257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
That's a crock of ****. Anyone who's seen a 70's Flyers' jersey next to the orange jersey from this year can see that they are two, completely different, shades of orange. It's like red-orange vs carrot-orange.
Anyone thats seen a 70s Flyers jersey is either watching through the distorted craptacular lens of yesteryear or the impression left on their mind's eye some 30 years ago. Either way its not very accurate.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Hey, thanks for posting this. Great read. The tidbit about Homer's opinion on the refereeing is especially intriguing.

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:03 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
The person who runs the FlyersHistory site has a detailed look at jerseys going back to season one. The images aren't perfect but there is an abundance of info:

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/jerseyhistory.cgi

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:16 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
I swear, you are a sick individual, with uncalled for crap.
Im still trying to find a logical reason as to why you only post when Randy Jones is called. ONLY when Randy Jones' name is used. It's actually quite funny.

But in accordance to the article, we all knew about the goalie controversy. I am liking the current Biron, but no way in hell will I overpay for him.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
But in accordance to the article, we all knew about the goalie controversy. I am liking the current Biron, but no way in hell will I overpay for him.
It's not really overpayment on a bid market if someone is willing to pay it. That being said, I imagine some of these players/agents are going to be shocked at how little money is out there for FAs this summer.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:26 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Thanks for the info, agentj!

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:51 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo for Heart View Post
Thanks for the report. Pretty interesting stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
'Homer could not trade Niitty in good faith'

When I read this I was thinking what about Forsberg?

I'm not so sure if I want my GM worried about other guys' feelings when trades are made. I think you have to read between the lines there, and he just didn't want to trade him because there wasn't going to be a suitable replacement. Then again, if Biron gets hurt and we have a guy in net that the GM admitted is damaged goods, it's his job to have a guy in there who is not and not really give a damn about the other team if they want him.
I like the new shade better than the old. Actually I think it may depend on the pictures in the link provided above by MSE the old jersey orange does look similar to this one but in other pics like this one of Parent it looks much darker

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 03-27-2009 at 01:19 AM.
ilovetheflyers8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
he does make ****ing cakes, you dumb ****, what the **** is with all the *******s on this ****ing board? You **** **** zipper *** ***** bag juggling ass**** cloud **** cheese **** **** rabies **** donkey **** **** towel **** stick ******* ass**** ********ass bench
LOUD NOISES!!!!

ilovetheflyers8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:08 PM
chaosof99*

Let's compare:

Inaugural season:

1977-78:

1981-82:

This season:

To be honest, I think the new ones are just a shade brighter than the originals, but they were once brighter than the dark orange I believe Orange Crush 89 was thinking about.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:13 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It's not really overpayment on a bid market if someone is willing to pay it. That being said, I imagine some of these players/agents are going to be shocked at how little money is out there for FAs this summer.
That's the main hope, we clear enough to offer Biron 4-4.5 and hope that nobody else will pay it, realistically, who else is going to be looking at him right now?

Maybe LA, but they have Quick and Bernier already, I don't think there's going to be a huge goalie market.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
To be honest, I think the new ones are just a shade brighter than the originals, but they were once brighter than the dark orange I believe Orange Crush 89 was thinking about.
Not that I'm qualified to talk about colors, but I think the only reason the new ones look brighter than the originals is because of the advance in photographic technology. Colors pop in pictures much more today than in the past.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Marty might be the option for next season, is there anyone available this off-season who is much better than he is?

So if I read right we're wearing the orange jerseys in the playoffs? That's ****in awesome!

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Im still trying to find a logical reason as to why you only post when Randy Jones is called. ONLY when Randy Jones' name is used. It's actually quite funny.
And then she disappears when questioned about it.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
dr.rosenrosen

siked about the orange jerseys for the playoffs!!!!

dr.rosenrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
And then she disappears when questioned about it.
Ya know, I thought it was pretty hilarious when I've been pretty nonexistent on here for probably the past month, and I mention one thing about Jones and HEY! There's SouthBeach again. I swear whoever it is has a warning that pops up whenever Jones is mentioned, or whenever I post. It seems I'm the only one he goes after for the Randy Jones hate. And well now apparently, I have a dirty, filthy, whorish mouth.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:38 PM
ArmchairGM

Does this mean that Nitty's career is over?

And what does Homer mean by saying it is his problem?

ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Brophy

awesome post. i wonder how much to much is for Biron and I hope Knuble retires as a Flyer.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote