HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Revisiting the Zherdev trade

Old
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShirts702 View Post
Stop with the "never be moved" stuff. You don't know that. I bumped a thread a few days ago about Antropov and a lot of guys on this board ended up with a fat helping of crow.

The point is this: You don't know if anyone is interested in Redden. Nor do I.

PS: I bet there are at least 3-5 teams that could be enticed to take on Reddens contract. He's played A LOT better then we are giving him credit for. Weirder things have happened. Hell, Gretzky was dealt.
Let's not forget Redden also has NMC/NTC.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:51 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Give Zherdev a full year under Torts before giving up on him.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:53 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm View Post
Give Zherdev a full year under Torts before giving up on him.
Why anyone would give up on the team leader in goals, points, +/- is ridiculous.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Why anyone would give up on the team leader in goals, points, +/- is ridiculous.
pretty much, honestly why are people surprised?.....this is what he always does. He did it in CLB............the guy can score though and of course he is coming back

Good trade overall.........I miss ur darn Tyutin but this team has D and doesnt have alot of talented wingers

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 09:46 PM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Let's not forget Redden also has NMC/NTC.
IMO, to much is made out of NMC/NTC. If Sather had a deal in place for Redden to be moved, say to Edmonton (Just an example) and Redden said "No way." Sather and co. would simply have to bury him in Hartford at that point.

Remember, there will be one LESS year on the contract next year, and even less the year after. The point is, he's not unmovable. Will it be hard? Probably. Will we incur some sort of cost (draft pick with him perhaps?) Could be.

I didn't mean to come off like a JO SSM, I just don't like to deal in absolutes when the NHL and trades are the subject.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:57 AM
rmcg11

lets not forget they also took backman overpaid salary off our books as well

edit: his salary actually isn't that bad now that i checked it haha

Last edited by rmcg11: 03-25-2009 at 01:00 AM. Reason: more information
rmcg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 02:35 AM
DontStaal

Zherdev gives this team and the fans something that we wouldn't have had without him... and thats creativity. This guy has pure skill. Sure, he doesn't seem like he shows effort at times, but he can be molded. He is still young.

And maybe 60 points is underachieving, but the whole team is underachieving right now.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:27 PM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
Zherdev gives this team and the fans something that we wouldn't have had without him... and thats creativity. This guy has pure skill. Sure, he doesn't seem like he shows effort at times, but he can be molded. He is still young.

And maybe 60 points is underachieving, but the whole team is underachieving right now.
I agree that you don't ask a throughbred to become a plowhorse. The Rangers are a team of plumbers and few surgeons. Heck, Gretzky wouldn't be a PPG player on this team.

Z occupies apposing teams attention when he's on the ice. Put a complimentary skilled player and watch him blossom. 80 points seasons are NOT out of the question. While 24 is young, he's not a kid; so What you see is what you get. Torts system is tailor made for Z. I repeat. Put a complimentary center on his line and he will put up a PPG.

HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 05:19 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

People are actually comparing Z to Kovalev? I was a big Kovalev fan, but he was NEVER as productive as a Ranger as Z already is. Kovalev never reached 60 points in his Ranger career, which Z most likely will...which, in turn, will be the 2nd time he will have done it in his career. And, only now is he playing under a offensively-aggressive coach. Z will take off under Torts.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote