HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers sign Jordan Eberle

Old
03-24-2009, 09:56 AM
rigger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't know if the Oilers need to find a '#1 goalie.' Just go with Roloson and JDD next year, that's if Roloson wants to stay, I know he didn't in October.
I may have missed a post about how this involves Eberle unless you are proposing a trade.

I would trade Eberle for a bona-fide youngish starting goaltender. But Im merely a fan.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
35g+39a in 61 games, 15th in the WHL in goals despite missing 11 tilts. Not bad at all.
Hmmm, I kind of was expecting a little more, didn't he have over 40 last year? maybe I'm thinking of someone else but yeah not bad.

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Phaedrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
I think it has to be mentioned every single time that video is posted ... Pierre McGuire is an idiot. "Tavares' magical play!" --- Yeah, throwing it blindly into a Russian defender on your backhand? Not knocking Tavares or anything but... As if that goal was the result of "Tavares' magical play" .. McGuire is such a boneheaded mancrushing ****** sometimes. Blinded by 'unnatural' love.

I give Ellis the most credit on that play after Eberle.
I was thinking the same thing myself after watching the video... Tavares? He only mentioned Eberle as an after thought. McGuire is just another brick in Hockey Canada's wall... building up the legend that is Tavares, just as they did for Crosby and Stamkos.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
jh477

I had a dream last night that Eberle was the captain of the Oilers. I'm not even joking.

Maybe I'm going crazy.

jh477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
Hmmm, I kind of was expecting a little more, didn't he have over 40 last year? maybe I'm thinking of someone else but yeah not bad.
I think I remember a similar stat. Something like 43 goals in a league nobody has scored more than 50 in since 2003.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 02:27 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
Oilers need to go on minor re-build. This is a good way to start.

Miss PO next year, trade Souray and other assets for picks, draft a goalie, build strong D with draft, and get more depth on O.
that's what they're already doing!

you think that going into the season with Gagner Cogliano and Brodziak as 3 of your 4 centres isn't a rebuild? As well as Gilbert and Grebeshkov and Smid being younger defencemen.... The Oilers are in a position right now where they feel they have the pieces required, it's just a matter of waiting until they hit a level that is good enough to have success, that's what a rebuild is! They are already in the middle of what you're asking them to do.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by millax View Post
Oilers have no interest in trading Eberle unless it is in a deal where they receive a legit superstar (ala Kovalchuk or Lecavalier).
Oilers prospects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I like this kid no homo. Wanted the Devils to get him but I think we did pretty well by drafting his European equivalent (Tedenby).

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:14 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by millax View Post
Oilers have no interest in trading Eberle unless it is in a deal where they receive a legit superstar (ala Kovalchuk or Lecavalier).

Considering that won't happen, you won't see Eberle getting dealt.
Hay look, its a representative of the Edmonton Oilers!

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote