HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Alexander Frolov expected to miss 7-10 days

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2009, 04:51 PM
  #1
MxK1NGS
Registered User
 
MxK1NGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 2,828
vCash: 500
Alexander Frolov expected to miss 7-10 days

http://kings.nhl.com/team/app/?servi...ticleid=415055

It's the end of the season..
Not much of something big but I hope he is good for next year..

So Brad Richardson gets the call-up..
I know there is news about Frolov in the Kings Notebook but I wanted to single it out for the BIG NEWS!






**BTW thanks for changing it to Injury Report**


Last edited by MxK1NGS: 03-23-2009 at 05:01 PM.
MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 04:58 PM
  #2
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
New lines:

Handzus - Kopitar - Williams
Purcell - Stoll - Brown
Calder - Richardson - Simmonds
Ivanans - Armstrong - Harrold

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 05:35 PM
  #3
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Yay let the tanking begin!

Edit: The tanking already began with TM benching Fro. Now it's just less conspicuous

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
  #4
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
New lines:

Handzus - Kopitar - Williams
Purcell - Stoll - Brown
Calder - Richardson - Simmonds
Ivanans - Armstrong - Harrold
Is this from Hammond or your own wild speculation?

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
  #5
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOFaClown View Post
Is this from Hammond or your own wild speculation?
It's from LAKings.com

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:14 PM
  #6
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,434
vCash: 500
there's a trade coming!!!!!

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
  #7
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 42,650
vCash: 500
Wonder what kind of lower body injury.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:24 PM
  #8
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,705
vCash: 500
Well, at least he and Gaborik will have something to talk about.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:26 PM
  #9
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup
 
kingsholygrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Derpifornia
Country: United States
Posts: 42,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Well, at least he and Gaborik will have something to talk about.
Nah, Gabs is in. Koivu is out.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
  #10
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,740
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Wonder what kind of lower body injury.
His groin, again.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:43 PM
  #11
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
Semi off-topic, did any of you notice on nhl.com's site, they have a short story about Fro being hurt. Here's the link. How in the world did they confuse Brian Boyle with Fro (second picture)? The only thing similar is the 2 on the jersey and brown hair.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 12:05 AM
  #12
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
What is it with these Russians and eastern euro types and their groins?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 09:30 AM
  #13
The Judge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
That was Frolov's last game as a King.

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
  #14
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,903
vCash: 500
He should have his hip looked at as well. Isn't that what caused Gaborik's chronic groin issues?

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 12:02 PM
  #15
FootKnight
This ****ing team
 
FootKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,260
vCash: 500
Anyone else think Fro might have been playing injured for a bit? I know it says in a collision in Chicago, but the guy's played injured before and I wouldn't put it past him to try to just play through a minor injury without telling anyone.

FootKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 12:29 PM
  #16
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Start the "he's injury plagued" story line, leading up to his eventual trade, so the apologista's have a way to rationalize it. That and he never really bought in to TM's defensive system, as evidenced by his benchings.

I'll save myself the flames by NOT naming names now, but I think its easy to predict who on this board will be spouting these excuses when trying to support his upcoming trade.

Besides, I'm sure Frolov is going to be greedy and want more than he's worth when its time for him to renegotiate

And what better way to assure your exit from this team than to not agree to take the DL/team discount such that DL will not re-sign him. Combine that with a defensive lapse or two throughout the season, and we definitely don't need that kind of player on our team. Right DL?

And all that will be proof that Frolov doesn't have Kings logo tatooed on his butt.
Good thing I didnt eat breakfast this morning!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 01:22 PM
  #17
Goallum
Registered User
 
Goallum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
What is it with these Russians and eastern euro types and their groins?
That's what she said.

Goallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 03:04 PM
  #18
mikealive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cypress, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
TM must've gave him a swift kick in the nuts

mikealive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 04:45 PM
  #19
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Start the "he's injury plagued" story line, leading up to his eventual trade, so the apologista's have a way to rationalize it. That and he never really bought in to TM's defensive system, as evidenced by his benchings.

I'll save myself the flames by NOT naming names now, but I think its easy to predict who on this board will be spouting these excuses when trying to support his upcoming trade.

Besides, I'm sure Frolov is going to be greedy and want more than he's worth when its time for him to renegotiate

And what better way to assure your exit from this team than to not agree to take the DL/team discount such that DL will not re-sign him. Combine that with a defensive lapse or two throughout the season, and we definitely don't need that kind of player on our team. Right DL?

And all that will be proof that Frolov doesn't have Kings logo tatooed on his butt.
Good thing I didnt eat breakfast this morning!

So if you're right and they trade him does that mean you won't be a fan anymore?...how about if they don't trade him and they are able to re-sign him and you are wrong? then what?....you'll just dream up another issue and complain about it until you get one right??

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 05:10 PM
  #20
aegwillnotwinthecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
So if you're right and they trade him does that mean you won't be a fan anymore?...how about if they don't trade him and they are able to re-sign him and you are wrong? then what?....you'll just dream up another issue and complain about it until you get one right??
Basically.

Welcome to the Kings forum.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
  #21
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
So if you're right and they trade him does that mean you won't be a fan anymore?...how about if they don't trade him and they are able to re-sign him and you are wrong? then what?....you'll just dream up another issue and complain about it until you get one right??
As they say in the Artillery: CHECK YOUR FIRE, CHECK YOUR FIRE.

I've been a long time STH and watching this team since I was a boy. (I'm 47 now).
I have rooted for this team through the good, the bad and the very, very ugly. My postions on this board are, what I believe, very well laid out and consistent. I have had my fair share of disagreements with others on this board on the substantive merits of my posts, but rarely get into it with posters making personal attacks, (as is implied by your message)

Now to answer your questions, since you obviously know not of what you speak: If they trade Frolov: No, sorry, I'll still be a fan; Although I'll have to re-think, again, whether you can trust what DL says on any given occasion. If they dont trade Frolov and they re-sign him---I'll be happy and say that DL got one right, just as I have admited as I send out my letter and bet payment to DL on the bet I made with him about Handzus proving his critics wrong this year.


You would do well to limit your comments to the substance of the post, or at least do your research before you knee jerk off a response.

And as for what I might dream up, its more along the lines of the Carl's Jr. girl than issues about the re-signing of a hockey player.


Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 03-24-2009 at 06:27 PM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:17 PM
  #22
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
As they say in the Artillery: CHECK YOUR FIRE, CHECK YOUR FIRE.

I've been a long time STH and watching this team since I was a boy. (I'm 47 now).
I have rooted for this team through the good, the bad and the very, very ugly. My postions on this board are, what I believe, very well laid out and consistent. I have had my fair share of disagreements with others on this board on the substantive merits of my posts, but rarely get into it with posters making personal attacks, (as is implied by your message)

Now to answer your questions, since you obviously know not of what you speak: If they trade Frolov: No, sorry, I'll still be a fan; Although I'll have to re-think, again, whether you can trust what DL says on any given occasion. If they dont trade Frolov and they re-sign him---I'll be happy and say that DL got one right, just as I have admited as I send out my letter and bet payment to DL on the bet I made with him about Handzus proving his critics wrong this year.


You would do well to limit your comments to the substance of the post, or at least do your research before you knee jerk off a response.

And as for what I might dream up, its more along the lines of the Carl's Jr. girl than issues about the re-signing of a hockey player.


It's not a knee jerk response. I've been reading quite a few of your posts in all the different forums and your message comes across pretty clear to me: everything DL does or has done is wrong or will be wrong. You don't even wait to see what happens, you just blame him right away. DL has never said Frolov is being traded, not going to be re-signed or anyting of the like. All he said was "he's finally playing like he cares", and for some of you, that translated into "he's being traded". He's not the one benching Frolov because of his brutal play of late, that's Murray. And if you think a GM can call down and tell the coach how to do his job you're crazy. So don't act like this is the first negative thing you've ever said on these boards my friend. I just finally got tired of listening and had to put my two cents in.....

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 03:24 PM
  #23
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
It's not a knee jerk response. I've been reading quite a few of your posts in all the different forums and your message comes across pretty clear to me: everything DL does or has done is wrong or will be wrong. You don't even wait to see what happens, you just blame him right away. DL has never said Frolov is being traded, not going to be re-signed or anyting of the like. All he said was "he's finally playing like he cares", and for some of you, that translated into "he's being traded". He's not the one benching Frolov because of his brutal play of late, that's Murray. And if you think a GM can call down and tell the coach how to do his job you're crazy. So don't act like this is the first negative thing you've ever said on these boards my friend. I just finally got tired of listening and had to put my two cents in.....
Unlike many others in this forum, I dont accept what I hear from Kings management as the gospel. Maybe you do, but I have been lied to by this organization too many times to take what they say at face value. Beyond that, You obviously havent read very far back. I have agreed with some of DL's moves, challenged him to support his positions on others (yes I do have a line to him), and outright disagreed with more still. (Calder, Preissing, Cloutier, Crawford: these are all good moves in your mind?)
I think we did well out of the Lubo trade, but you werent in the meeting that I was a couple of weeks before the '08 draft when DL placed Lubo on his board with all the boxes and said that his position was filled for many years as Lubo was under contract for that long -- blink your eyes and then he's gone.) I've also paid my bet with DL on Handzus. But even DL knows he screwed up the situation with Cammy and he has admitted it. Worse, the supposed replacement goal scorer for Cammy, Patrick O'Sullivan did not warm to the task and now he's gone too. GM's don't always get it right, but as a paying fan I have the right to expect that they will

So you see, when you judge a man by his words and deeds, and the words dont always jibe with the deeds, thats when I call him out. When DL doles out his sound bites, that aren't borne out by his subsequent actions, or gives out the AEG party line, I trot out the Schill moniker because it fits.

Is he a genius for hiring TM? NO. I give him far more credit for hiring Harpo, and if you must know ask Jr. (Kings Kid-- who also attended that private meeting) who first suggested to DL that he take a look at Harpo as a coach to hire. (I'll give you a hint: it wasnt YOU)

And if you dont like reading what I have to say, I have one very simple word of advice: DON'T

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
  #24
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Unlike many others in this forum, I dont accept what I hear from Kings management as the gospel. Maybe you do, but I have been lied to by this organization too many times to take what they say at face value. Beyond that, You obviously havent read very far back. I have agreed with some of DL's moves, challenged him to support his positions on others (yes I do have a line to him), and outright disagreed with more still. (Calder, Preissing, Cloutier, Crawford: these are all good moves in your mind?)
I think we did well out of the Lubo trade, but you werent in the meeting that I was a couple of weeks before the '08 draft when DL placed Lubo on his board with all the boxes and said that his position was filled for many years as Lubo was under contract for that long -- blink your eyes and then he's gone.) I've also paid my bet with DL on Handzus. But even DL knows he screwed up the situation with Cammy and he has admitted it. Worse, the supposed replacement goal scorer for Cammy, Patrick O'Sullivan did not warm to the task and now he's gone too. GM's don't always get it right, but as a paying fan I have the right to expect that they will

So you see, when you judge a man by his words and deeds, and the words dont always jibe with the deeds, thats when I call him out. When DL doles out his sound bites, that aren't borne out by his subsequent actions, or gives out the AEG party line, I trot out the Schill moniker because it fits.

Is he a genius for hiring TM? NO. I give him far more credit for hiring Harpo, and if you must know ask Jr. (Kings Kid-- who also attended that private meeting) who first suggested to DL that he take a look at Harpo as a coach to hire. (I'll give you a hint: it wasnt YOU)

And if you dont like reading what I have to say, I have one very simple word of advice: DON'T


You're trying to tell me YOU are giving DL suggestions on who he hires to run the Kings?? WOW! That is the single most greatest line in any hockey thread on the entire internet I've ever read. Hey next time you're telling him how to do his job, can you suggest to him he should make a trade for Ovechkin and Crosby? Why don't you just tell him that he has to re-sign Frolov and he can't trade him, then you don't have to worry about it anymore...priceless..

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 08:49 PM
  #25
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
You're trying to tell me YOU are giving DL suggestions on who he hires to run the Kings?? WOW! That is the single most greatest line in any hockey thread on the entire internet I've ever read. Hey next time you're telling him how to do his job, can you suggest to him he should make a trade for Ovechkin and Crosby? Why don't you just tell him that he has to re-sign Frolov and he can't trade him, then you don't have to worry about it anymore...priceless..
Rather than address substance, you, once again, wish to cast aspersion. . Nor is this the first time I have mentioned that on this site, and funny, you are the ONLY PERSON, who doesnt seem to get that DL is truly interested in what long term fans, STH's as well as casual fans think and feel about the team, so he can tune in to the team's fan base. It's why I have been invited to and attended several of these private meetings and almost all the breakfasts and meet the GM functions. Its why DL endures being asked questions mundane and bizzare far more often than most GM's make themselves available. That and a bit, ahem, of ego too.

But just so you can feel special, and so you check up on me, Maybe you would like the names of the four other STH's present in that meeting in the executive conference room at Toyota Training Center in June of 2008, or maybe you can ask Kelly Cheesman, Chris McGowan or Mike Alteri, heck even ask Hexy or DL himself to confirm as fact )that when I asked DL who they had considered as coaching candidiates to replace Crawford [he had just recently been fired] I asked if they had called up or spoken with Harpo (who I have known and skated with for many years, and who kept his house in Manhattan Beach when he took a job with the Blackhawks after he got the axe along with Andy Murray). DL looked at Hexy, surprised, and said that they hadn't thought of him, but they would certainly "put him on the list" (DL loves his lists) to evaluate for hiring. [And I must have been right, as he got hired!]

So yeah, if suggesting the name of a well qualified, yet previously not considered person for a job vacancy equates in your mind with TELLING THE GM HOW TO DO HIS JOB then I am guilty as charged. YES I TOLD THE GM HOW TO DO HIS JOB. Now I have neither the time nor inclination to attempt to justify myself to you any further, instead I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way. But either way I don't give a damn what you think is priceless.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.