HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Will pay your internet fee, if Lecavalier isnt moved to the Canadiens at the draft

Old
03-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Why am I not surprised this is Habs fan's idea of fun? Even in jest, you guys love to riot.
Go bash french people elsewhere. No room for ignorance here.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Who's bashing French people? Oh, I see. Hab fans = French people. That would make you the ignorant one, wouldn't it...

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post

how is bashing habs fans bashing the french??

someone is being a bit thin skinned today.

Most true hab fans have thick skins and give as good as they get

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:31 PM
TheCH*

I don't want Lecavalier(well i do just not for the price).

Montreal would have to part with Markov+ in a deal involving Lecavalier imo, no thank you!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:48 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
It's an invitation to treat rather than a binding offer, so it's not enforceable. Just look at the Pepsi Harrier case a few years back...though this is in writing so it does fall under the provisions of the statue of frauds.
Agreed. There is no Consideration. I'm not burdened or forced to do anything at all in this situation (or anything that I wouldn't normally have the obligation to do). It is a promised action, or omission of action, that the promisee did not already have a pre-existing duty to abide by. Meaning that a contract needs us to do something or not do something in order for it to be valid. Saying I'll give you $100 if it rains tomorrow is technically not a contract. Saying I'll give you $100 if you run a mile in 4 minutes is a contract. Saying I'll give you a Ferrari if you get an A is not a contract because you're already obliged to do well in school. Saying that if you go to Harvard and graduate I'll give you $1 million is a contract because you were never obliged to go to Harvard.

I took business law like 3 years ago, so my law may be rusty .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
I still don't understand why Tampa would move Vinny.
Me neither, especially when he's one of the core reasons why some people still attend their games.

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Downie isnt as bad as you are claiming, in the time he had in the NHL, he showed he had some chemistry with Stamkos, showed that he was decent in the corners and as a playmaker. He isnt a top 6 player yet, but he could possibly become one. The only reason he was sent down the the AHL was to get 20 minutes+ a game rather than 12 minutes and so work on his conditioning. In that second stint in the AHL he was scoring at nearly 2 PPG.
Compared to the other names that were being mentioned, yes he is as bad as I am claiming. Of course if you think he deserves being mentioned amongst the likes of Lecavalier, St Louis, Stamkos, JT then by all means

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 06:59 PM
nothingtosee
female fan

seriously i can't stand it. we just got past the trade deadline and now we're talking about draft day. i just want to sleep until his new contract kicks in so i don't have to cringe every time i hear about Vinny possibly going elsewhere

nothingtosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:00 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Compared to the other names that were being mentioned, yes he is as bad as I am claiming. Of course if you think he deserves being mentioned amongst the likes of Lecavalier, St Louis, Stamkos, JT then by all means
Ok point taken, although I dont think he is that far from Prospal this year (mainly because this year is the off year, cant wait till next season to see good Prospal again)

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 07:24 PM
ALine9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickster View Post
No offense intended, but that seems absurd to me.

Brodeur may be the best goaltender of all time. He played his entire career (to date) with the Devils. He is a surefire HHOF first ballot player. Stevens surely had more character and exhibited more passion on the ice (largely due to his position and style of play), but I am yet to be convinced that Scott Stevens was more important to the Devils than Scott Stevens was.
While they were both here, Stevens was more important.

ALine9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Sparepart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingtosee View Post
seriously i can't stand it. we just got past the trade deadline and now we're talking about draft day. i just want to sleep until his new contract kicks in so i don't have to cringe every time i hear about Vinny possibly going elsewhere

As long as Lecavalier is on Tampa we will always hear Lecavalier-to-Montreal rumours. Its just a fact of life. I suggest you get used to it, lol.

Hey, as a habs fan I don't like it either. Just a big tease...

Sparepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:02 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
I still don't understand why Tampa would move Vinny.
If Tampa wins the lottery and drafts Tavares, I can see trading Vinny as an option(having 3 centers, Vinny + 2 which are potential #1s probably not the smartest way to go). The thing I don't get why is it always to Montreal, if the Lightning were planning on trading Vinny, I think there is much better trading partners out there then Montreal(I would be looking for either good young potential all star defensemen or wingers in return, only trading Chip of any value to Tampa would be Price from Montreal)

Last edited by boredmale: 03-25-2009 at 11:07 PM.
boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:12 PM
Claypool

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
If Tampa wins the lottery and drafts Tavares, I can see trading Vinny as an option(having 3 centers, Vinny + 2 which are potential #1s probably not the smartest way to go). The thing I don't get why is it always to Montreal, if the Lightning were planning on trading Vinny, I think there is much better trading partners out there then Montreal(I would be looking for either good young potential all star defensemen or wingers in return, only trading Chip of any value to Tampa would be Price from Montreal)
Neither Stamkos nor Tavares are proven, big-time talents. You stockpile talent, not trade it away. Plus, given how small the contracts for Stamkos and, potentially, Tavares will be, it's insane to move him.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Furious George
Ville the Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
That bum Markov wouldn't have any place in Tampa huh?

Furious George is offline   Reply With Quote