HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

STH "Town Hall" Meeting Report

Old
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Interesting read, thanks. I'll be going on the 6th as well, and I'll hopefully be able to get some questions answered.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Miss Mess

vCash: 500
Interesting read.
I hope Knuble does take a pay cut and returns next year!! love that guy

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post

To be honest, I think the new ones are just a shade brighter than the originals, but they were once brighter than the dark orange I believe Orange Crush 89 was thinking about.
I think a good reason they look different is the camera/photo quality.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Terence Peterman

I love these posts. This is about as candid the information we receive will ever get.

The orange becoming the home jersey is awesome, but I'd still like to see more of a mid 90s version, or one like the current, just orange. Oh well, can't win them all, I guess.

As far as Biron's contract goes: He's not getting five, and you can't blame the agent for asking for that much (even if it's absurd) because it's his job. Different tunes will be getting sung come free agency, because people won't want to spend. Teams (and the league in general) aren't stable enough to spend in this type of market.

Hopefully Jones and Lupul are gone.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I love these posts. This is about as candid the information we receive will ever get.

The orange becoming the home jersey is awesome, but I'd still like to see more of a mid 90s version, or one like the current, just orange. Oh well, can't win them all, I guess.

As far as Biron's contract goes: He's not getting five, and you can't blame the agent for asking for that much (even if it's absurd) because it's his job. Different tunes will be getting sung come free agency, because people won't want to spend. Teams (and the league in general) aren't stable enough to spend in this type of market.

Hopefully Jones and Lupul are gone.
Exactly I think we should let Biron test the water, realize its ****ing cold, then try to sign him more reasonably.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Orange Crush 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Let's compare:

To be honest, I think the new ones are just a shade brighter than the originals, but they were once brighter than the dark orange I believe Orange Crush 89 was thinking about.
Yes, this is going to sound absurd at first glance, but we're going to rely on pictures of the jerseys? You can take two pictures of the same thing with the same camera and have the colors come out different... now we're talking cameras from different eras of different jerseys (cripes, some websites make the current Flyers jerseys look brown... ****ing brown).

Now, getting past that point. Before you or anyone else argues this any further go get a CURRENT flyers home or road jersey and the CURRENT third jersey and put the oranges next to each other, the third jersey is brighter. Now go to a sports memorabilia store that sells old jerseys wearing the CURRENT third jersey and compare that orange to the pre-Lindros era jerseys. Vastly different.

But nevertheless. I don't care if it's red orange, naval orange orange or carrot orange, the Flyers belong IN orange and it's about ****ing time it's going to be our home color.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:26 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Great read.
I knew Stevens sucked on something behind the bench. I started thinking maybe he was a, smoker.

On the topic of goalies, I don't want Thomas. I'd rather us keep Marty, and sign a young prospect and throw him in th, number 2 spot.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Bryz4shiz

Thanks for the post a lot of really great stuff. I'm glad it looks like Knuble will be back.

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Jaymin

Send a message via Yahoo to Jaymin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I have no idea why, but the "Hole Candy" thing is ****ing hilarious. Sure John, I bet you really do love to suck on some holes. I.e.- Randy Jones' hole.

Thanks for this posting, by the way. I decided not to go since I wasn't too sure what it was all about.
This is to SouthBeach. Kambo was kidding, aka making a joke based on what she ready with the "hole candy" part of the post. It is amusing and I for one can appreciate Kambo's sense of humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
I swear, you are a sick individual, with uncalled for crap.
If you got that she was sick for making that joke, then I'm sorry you are the sick one.

Quote:
You can't be any more than 12.
Only someone around the age of 12 would make a comment like that. Grow the F up!

Quote:
It's more about the dirty, filthy mouth on you and why this board has resorted to allowing this. It's certainly not fun to read. At least not by anyone over 12. I came on this post to read about an interesting hockey topic and you change it into garbage talk. Not cool.
I've said my peace already, go and get a life SouthBeach *perpares to be flamed by SouthBeach*

Jaymin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 06:14 PM
South Beach

I do not find that kind of stuff a joke, nor do I find it amusing. To each his own, however, it would be nice to be able to read an interesting post without childish foolishness.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
I do not find that kind of stuff a joke, nor do I find it amusing. To each his own, however, it would be nice to be able to read an interesting post without childish foolishness.
I've always been curious. What's it like to not have a sense of humor?

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
I've always been curious. What's it like to not have a sense of humor?
Probably something like this:

(left empty like his heart)

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 08:01 PM
South Beach

I have a great sense of humour, it just doesn't run quite that dirty. Bottom line is some find her funny and some don't. I ignore most of it and sometimes I just get tired of it.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
I have a great sense of humour, it just doesn't run quite that dirty. Bottom line is some find her funny and some don't. I ignore most of it and sometimes I just get tired of it.
There is an ignore button. If she bothers you that bad, use it.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Not really the way to build good faith. You screw them over, they're going to be less likely to help you out the next time around.

Holmgren learned from Clarke...who constantly made moves to build good will.
It's not screwing them over if they know what's going on. It's not like Niitty's hip issues are a major secret, and it's not like Homer doesn't have to or not have to tell them. It's not like teams never trade for guys who are hurt. And I wouldn't say Clarke was the bastion of good will either.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's not screwing them over if they know what's going on. It's not like Niitty's hip issues are a major secret, and it's not like Homer doesn't have to or not have to tell them. It's not like teams never trade for guys who are hurt.
But he's saying that he's damaged goods...which probably means they could not get anything of merit in return, and then what is the point of trading Nitty given the goaltending situation it would leave us?

He'd have to lie in order to get any value for Nitty on an expiring contract.

Quote:
And I wouldn't say Clarke was the bastion of good will either.
Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Eric Weinrich, Chris Therien, Patrick Sharp, etc. all beg to differ. Clarke could be an s.o.b., but he did attempt to act with honor in his dealings with teams and people.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:22 AM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Sir I find your comments to be disingenuous at best and grossly facetious at worst. I mean, hah!, "childish foolishness". My god, ring the bell. What Kambo said was clearly a textbook example of foolish childishness.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 02:45 AM
panayiotis

cap strategy

ummm try and trade Briere-Lupul-Carle. If that fails...Buy out briere. Send Lupul and Carle to minors. Goaltending....

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 03:01 AM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis View Post
ummm try and trade Briere-Lupul-Carle. If that fails...Buy out briere. Send Lupul and Carle to minors. Goaltending....
Buying out Briere is a HUGE mistake...

Trying to trade Lupul OR Carle is understandable...still we're not sending them to the minors...

And Goaltending is up to Marty really. He has the opportunity to stay here. It's up to him whether or not he is wearing orange and black next season.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 03:55 AM
DickTony

Quote:

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Readyrock
(・_・;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
And Goaltending is up to Marty really. He has the opportunity to stay here.
Maybe wherever Biron ends up, he can talk them into taking on his buddy Briere's contract. lololo

Readyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 08:44 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
That makes a lot of sense. Briere has, in my opinion, scored the 3 biggest goals of the season to date. Sounds like the kind of guy I want to buy out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Tampa Bay, Phoenix, Eric Weinrich, Chris Therien, Patrick Sharp, etc. all beg to differ. Clarke could be an s.o.b., but he did attempt to act with honor in his dealings with teams and people.
He traded Weinrich and Therien to be nice to them at the cost of the team's success in the playoffs. Weinrich and Therien would have been nice to have when we were running Sami Kapanen and Dennis Seienberg (off of a broken leg and hadn't played in 3 months) on defense in the playoffs.

He traded two guys (Comrie and Sharp), because Hitchcock didn't like them...and traded Comrie right after he traded FOR him.

He traded Manderville, a solid, 4th liner who won faceoffs for a proven POS in Billy Tibbets who was run out of town as fast as any person has ever been in this city.

He whined and complained about losing Kim Johnsson for nothing (no compensation as had previously been in the old CBA) when it was well within the rules and boundaries of the game. This though at the defense of signing Ryan Kesler, (which other GMs also whined about).

With the Lightning, we just sent them all the crap we didn't want, and got them to fix our Chris Gratton problem.

And was trading Langkow for a 1st and 2nd round pick "good will" to their team? He knew he was ripping them off. Maybe to the guy, but not the team.

Firing Terry Murray coming off of a run to the finals?

Hardly 'good will' going on here. And all this good will, because, everyone think Bobby Clarke is such a nice guy. How many Stanley Cups did it win us by the way?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Jester

Quote:
He traded Weinrich and Therien to be nice to them at the cost of the team's success in the playoffs. Weinrich and Therien would have been nice to have when we were running Sami Kapanen and Dennis Seienberg (off of a broken leg and hadn't played in 3 months) on defense in the playoffs.
Good Will. Making decisions to your personal detriment just to be good to people is about the epitome of that. Don't disagree at all that we would have been better off if those guys were riding the pine the end of that season.

Quote:
He traded two guys (Comrie and Sharp), because Hitchcock didn't like them...and traded Comrie right after he traded FOR him.
Sharp asked out because he wanted a bigger role. Sharp and Hitch talk on the phone to this day...there was zero animosity between the two. Sharp just wanted to develop his career elsewhere.

Quote:
He traded Manderville, a solid, 4th liner who won faceoffs for a proven POS in Billy Tibbets who was run out of town as fast as any person has ever been in this city.
Absolutely NOTHING to do with what you're trying to argue. Nothing. Making a bad trade has nothing to do with your perspective on how to operate.

Quote:
He whined and complained about losing Kim Johnsson for nothing (no compensation as had previously been in the old CBA) when it was well within the rules and boundaries of the game. This though at the defense of signing Ryan Kesler, (which other GMs also whined about).
The KJ thing has nothing to do with good will, it was *****ing about the new system. Kesler was one of the few truly Machiavellian things he ever did. I applauded it.

Quote:
With the Lightning, we just sent them all the crap we didn't want, and got them to fix our Chris Gratton problem.
A whole bunch of crap we subsequently re-acquired?

Quote:
And was trading Langkow for a 1st and 2nd round pick "good will" to their team? He knew he was ripping them off. Maybe to the guy, but not the team.
Sent them back a scoring line winger that we probably could have used on that club after we stole one of their primary players.

Quote:
Firing Terry Murray coming off of a run to the finals?
Trying to engender good will between Lindros and management...a decision I believe he's since specifically stated regret about. That was a political decision, not one that Clarke really wanted to make. Murray was just another victim of Lindros (Podein and others as well).

Quote:
Hardly 'good will' going on here. And all this good will, because, everyone think Bobby Clarke is such a nice guy.
Only because you don't seem to really grasp what it is, and how it can operate in a social organization such as the NHL GMs club, or when dealing with players.

Quote:
How many Stanley Cups did it win us by the way?
Again, completely irrelevant to the claim your attempting to make. I would state that Clarke's desire to remain on good ground with most GMs in the league was a direct hindrance to the competitiveness of this team at times (see Weinrich, Therien, etc.).

Old
03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Jester

Quote:
That makes a lot of sense. Briere has, in my opinion, scored the 3 biggest goals of the season to date. Sounds like the kind of guy I want to buy out.
Missed this gem on first reading. We've won 40 games this season. Briere has been in the lineup for 7 of them, and scored 4 goals in games that we won.

That's a mighty high percentage of "biggest goals of the season."

Old
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Pope Pogo II

Send a message via AIM to Pope Pogo II Send a message via Yahoo to Pope Pogo II
Quote:
If all of that fails we could package Richards and Carter

Pope Pogo II is offline   Reply With Quote