HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Frolov expected to miss 7-10 days

Old
03-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Rather than address substance, you, once again, wish to cast aspersion. . Nor is this the first time I have mentioned that on this site, and funny, you are the ONLY PERSON, who doesnt seem to get that DL is truly interested in what long term fans, STH's as well as casual fans think and feel about the team, so he can tune in to the team's fan base. It's why I have been invited to and attended several of these private meetings and almost all the breakfasts and meet the GM functions. Its why DL endures being asked questions mundane and bizzare far more often than most GM's make themselves available. That and a bit, ahem, of ego too.

But just so you can feel special, and so you check up on me, Maybe you would like the names of the four other STH's present in that meeting in the executive conference room at Toyota Training Center in June of 2008, or maybe you can ask Kelly Cheesman, Chris McGowan or Mike Alteri, heck even ask Hexy or DL himself to confirm as fact )that when I asked DL who they had considered as coaching candidiates to replace Crawford [he had just recently been fired] I asked if they had called up or spoken with Harpo (who I have known and skated with for many years, and who kept his house in Manhattan Beach when he took a job with the Blackhawks after he got the axe along with Andy Murray). DL looked at Hexy, surprised, and said that they hadn't thought of him, but they would certainly "put him on the list" (DL loves his lists) to evaluate for hiring. [And I must have been right, as he got hired!]

So yeah, if suggesting the name of a well qualified, yet previously not considered person for a job vacancy equates in your mind with TELLING THE GM HOW TO DO HIS JOB then I am guilty as charged. YES I TOLD THE GM HOW TO DO HIS JOB. Now I have neither the time nor inclination to attempt to justify myself to you any further, instead I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way. But either way I don't give a damn what you think is priceless.
Harpo not selling his house wasn't that big of a deal, his kids were still in high school at the time.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 11:58 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Well the season is over with Fro injured no doubt

Kopitar looked very platooned out there against STL

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:47 AM
yankeeking

Quote:
Rather than address substance, you, once again, wish to cast aspersion. . Nor is this the first time I have mentioned that on this site, and funny, you are the ONLY PERSON, who doesnt seem to get that DL is truly interested in what long term fans, STH's as well as casual fans think and feel about the team, so he can tune in to the team's fan base. It's why I have been invited to and attended several of these private meetings and almost all the breakfasts and meet the GM functions. Its why DL endures being asked questions mundane and bizzare far more often than most GM's make themselves available. That and a bit, ahem, of ego too.

But just so you can feel special, and so you check up on me, Maybe you would like the names of the four other STH's present in that meeting in the executive conference room at Toyota Training Center in June of 2008, or maybe you can ask Kelly Cheesman, Chris McGowan or Mike Alteri, heck even ask Hexy or DL himself to confirm as fact )that when I asked DL who they had considered as coaching candidiates to replace Crawford [he had just recently been fired] I asked if they had called up or spoken with Harpo (who I have known and skated with for many years, and who kept his house in Manhattan Beach when he took a job with the Blackhawks after he got the axe along with Andy Murray). DL looked at Hexy, surprised, and said that they hadn't thought of him, but they would certainly "put him on the list" (DL loves his lists) to evaluate for hiring. [And I must have been right, as he got hired!]

So yeah, if suggesting the name of a well qualified, yet previously not considered person for a job vacancy equates in your mind with TELLING THE GM HOW TO DO HIS JOB then I am guilty as charged. YES I TOLD THE GM HOW TO DO HIS JOB. Now I have neither the time nor inclination to attempt to justify myself to you any further, instead I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way. But either way I don't give a damn what you think is priceless.
I owe you a beer partner for handling this so well I would have told him to kiss my Irish .......

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 12:53 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

This tantrum guy seems to be very positive of stuff 1,000 miles away from his home - it must be a burden to be so right about everything

PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 07:13 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
This tantrum guy seems to be very positive of stuff 1,000 miles away from his home - it must be a burden to be so right about everything
This coming from a guy who calls himslef "Resident Pessimist". You wonder why I'm tried of listening to you so called "fans" of the Kings. Why can't a Kings fan site be positive? Everywhere I go, all I hear is *****ing and complaining about every single little thing that management or coaching does. Does anyone know of a Kings site that a real fan can go to and discuss our love for the Kings instead of how much you hate everything they do? Like after a loss, instead of thinking you know who should have been in the linup instead of who the coach had in, or who should have taken the shootout shots, or who should have been on the pp, maybe the other team just played a great game and beat us. You guys say it like if you were there coaching, everything would have went EXACTLY according to plan. I'm willing to bet that I've played a lot more hockey in the real world and made it farther than most of you and I'm not afraid to say that I think I know how the game is played and coached a lot more than many of you. Not everyone out there, but a lot of you. I stopped going to LetsGoKings.com for this exact reason. I hate reading all this crap. Now you'll say "well if you don't like, don't come here then", and I really wish there was somewhere else besides Hammond's blog I could go to have some grown up discussions about the Kings. But it's limited to where a guy can go so can't you guys just stop acting like you know so much about hockey and be a fan for chr*st sake?

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 07:41 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
This coming from a guy who calls himself "Resident Pessimist". You wonder why I'm tried of listening to you so called "fans" of the Kings. Why can't a Kings fan site be positive? Everywhere I go, all I hear is *****ing and complaining about every single little thing that management or coaching does.
You apparently haven't been here after the Kings win 2 or 3 in a row. Then all the pessimists return to their caves and the optimists come out of their cages. That's the circle of life around here - and any forum for that matter.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:30 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
You apparently haven't been here after the Kings win 2 or 3 in a row. Then all the pessimists return to their caves and the optimists come out of their cages. That's the circle of life around here - and any forum for that matter.

- T

Ya I guess you're right Tony. I don't know why I thought this place might be different than a Star Wars fan site.....

Old
03-26-2009, 10:33 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
It's not a knee jerk response. I've been reading quite a few of your posts in all the different forums and your message comes across pretty clear to me: everything DL does or has done is wrong or will be wrong. You don't even wait to see what happens, you just blame him right away. DL has never said Frolov is being traded, not going to be re-signed or anyting of the like. All he said was "he's finally playing like he cares", and for some of you, that translated into "he's being traded". He's not the one benching Frolov because of his brutal play of late, that's Murray. And if you think a GM can call down and tell the coach how to do his job you're crazy. So don't act like this is the first negative thing you've ever said on these boards my friend. I just finally got tired of listening and had to put my two cents in.....
Well, that's because some of us can read between the lines. You apparently need everything spelled out for you.

Do you believe everything you read and hear or are you capable of independent thinking?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 10:40 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Well, that's because some of us can read between the lines. You apparently need everything spelled out for you.

Do you believe everything you read and hear or are you capable of independent thinking?
gimme a break dude. You can speculate all you want but you have NOTHING to back up what you 'think'. If he gets moved, I guess you know everything, but if he doesn't, well I guess I was right all along and you know jack. Which I'm pretty sure is the case....

Old
03-26-2009, 10:47 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
gimme a break dude. You can speculate all you want but you have NOTHING to back up what you 'think'. If he gets moved, I guess you know everything, but if he doesn't, well I guess I was right all along and you know jack. Which I'm pretty sure is the case....
Of course it's speculation but do you really expect DL to come out with an announcement that Frolov will be traded? How stupid would that be?

Didn't you think that Cammy would be traded last offseason? If so, how did you come to that conclusion? If not, you're not too bright. Sorry but you do have to read between the lines because more often than not, the business side of hockey will prevent gm's like DL to come out in the open and make such an announcements.

Old
03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Of course it's speculation but do you really expect DL to come out with an announcement that Frolov will be traded? How stupid would that be?

Didn't you think that Cammy would be traded last offseason? If so, how did you come to that conclusion? If not, you're not too bright. Sorry but you do have to read between the lines because more often than not, the business side of hockey will prevent gm's like DL to come out in the open and make such an announcements.
Frolov and Cammy's scenarios are no where NEAR beinbg the same situation. Cammy TOOK THE TEAM TO ARBITRATION!! Did Frolov??? NO HE DIDN"T. The only reason anyone thinks Frolov is not going to be resigned is because they read it on one of these boards and now, just like a bunch of sheep, you all follow with the same thoughts.

Frolov has done nothing anywhere NEAR what Cammy or O'Sullivan has done so why in the world would ytou speculate he is not going to be re-signed. Please give me ONE ounce of proof to support your thoughts....

Old
03-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Frolov and Cammy's scenarios are no where NEAR beinbg the same situation. Cammy TOOK THE TEAM TO ARBITRATION!! Did Frolov??? NO HE DIDN"T. The only reason anyone thinks Frolov is not going to be resigned is because they read it on one of these boards and now, just like a bunch of sheep, you all follow with the same thoughts.

Frolov has done nothing anywhere NEAR what Cammy or O'Sullivan has done so why in the world would ytou speculate he is not going to be re-signed. Please give me ONE ounce of proof to support your thoughts....
I'm not picking sides here, but off the top of my head there's the fact that Lombardi has questioned Frolov's drive several times, as well as the fact that Frolov has been scapegoated numerous times this season (in regards to him being benched).

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I'm not picking sides here, but off the top of my head there's the fact that Lombardi has questioned Frolov's drive several times, as well as the fact that Frolov has been scapegoated numerous times this season (in regards to him being benched).
Agreed, but in no way does that imply that he won't be resigned. They might be trying to motivate him to play to his full potential because they think he can be a star in this league. Players get benched all the time. That is the coach's decision, not the GM'S. And trust me, GM's do not call down to the coach and tell them how to do their job...

Old
03-26-2009, 11:09 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:

I could give you a hundred but I honestly don't think even one will make sense to you.

Onward and upwards I always say.

Old
03-26-2009, 11:11 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
I could give you a hundred but I honestly don't think even one will make sense to you.

Onward and upwards I always say.
good comeback buddy....my 8 year old brother used to say the same thing when he knew he was wrong and had no way out....just as I thought....you're just another whiner...

Old
03-26-2009, 11:18 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
good comeback buddy....my 8 year old brother used to say the same thing when he knew he was wrong and had no way out....just as I thought....you're just another whiner...
Your older 8 yr old brother obviously.

Old
03-26-2009, 11:22 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Quote:
This coming from a guy who calls himslef "Resident Pessimist". You wonder why I'm tried of listening to you so called "fans" of the Kings. Why can't a Kings fan site be positive? Everywhere I go, all I hear is *****ing and complaining about every single little thing that management or coaching does. Does anyone know of a Kings site that a real fan can go to and discuss our love for the Kings instead of how much you hate everything they do? Like after a loss, instead of thinking you know who should have been in the linup instead of who the coach had in, or who should have taken the shootout shots, or who should have been on the pp, maybe the other team just played a great game and beat us. You guys say it like if you were there coaching, everything would have went EXACTLY according to plan. I'm willing to bet that I've played a lot more hockey in the real world and made it farther than most of you and I'm not afraid to say that I think I know how the game is played and coached a lot more than many of you. Not everyone out there, but a lot of you. I stopped going to LetsGoKings.com for this exact reason. I hate reading all this crap. Now you'll say "well if you don't like, don't come here then", and I really wish there was somewhere else besides Hammond's blog I could go to have some grown up discussions about the Kings. But it's limited to where a guy can go so can't you guys just stop acting like you know so much about hockey and be a fan for chr*st sake?
It is obviously too great a burden for him to bear alone, so he chose this site to shed what he can't carry. And apparently that is alot, because he has played and coached, and gone farther than most, but not all, of us

I think his screen name lends more insight than he realizes.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:16 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

OK... everyone's got in their two cents. Back to Frolov's injury please.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Randart

Tony, Tony, Tony...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

- T
Well young man didn't we have this chat last time you used an all encompassing comment? Remember? (careful of the: every, all, never, always's etc...) you just set yourself up for a fall matey! Don't make me Moderate your comments man! LOL

Oh! and before I get started on the Tantrum boy just want to say sorry but I can't resist!

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Randart

Dear Tantrum boy...

Quote:
Wellp just had to address you laddie... in fact by your comments prahaps putting you in a package an shipping you to Red China would solve your woes... there every one must act as if they feel the same its a mandate from the government! But here we embrace our disparaging and divergent coments and views. I never really have gone to LGK cept a couple times, but seems you would fit the bill from all I heard of the folks there! I am one of the fans you single out with your comment about non hockey player cept on video or roller skates...

However I have coached a couple sports an was a teacher in one as a paid pro. Also competed at high level in a couple sports too. Been a fan of the LA kings for about 40years. And at this site quite some time before I even joined it. I respect the people here very much and some who's opinions are greatly different from mine I respect the most! I tend to the positive but dang my predicitions for this season were off!

Here is some wisdom for you Ladd... a great teacher knows he may learn more from his students then ever he may teach them. Something to keep in mind as you profess your own abilities and dismiss others so easliy! Much to be learned in this world if your mind is not too clouded over and closed down...

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randart View Post
Wellp just had to address you laddie... in fact by your comments prahaps putting you in a package an shipping you to Red China would solve your woes... there every one must act as if they feel the same its a mandate from the government! But here we embrace our disparaging and divergent coments and views. I never really have gone to LGK cept a couple times, but seems you would fit the bill from all I heard of the folks there! I am one of the fans you single out with your comment about non hockey player cept on video or roller skates...

However I have coached a couple sports an was a teacher in one as a paid pro. Also competed at high level in a couple sports too. Been a fan of the LA kings for about 40years. And at this site quite some time before I even joined it. I respect the people here very much and some who's opinions are greatly different from mine I respect the most! I tend to the positive but dang my predicitions for this season were off!

Here is some wisdom for you Ladd... a great teacher knows he may learn more from his students then ever he may teach them. Something to keep in mind as you profess your own abilities and dismiss others so easliy! Much to be learned in this world if your mind is not too clouded over and closed down...
Certainly a more polite posting than I managed toward the tantrum. Different perspectives, approaches, opinions and viewpoints indeed!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 08:16 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Certainly a more polite posting than I managed toward the tantrum. Different perspectives, approaches, opinions and viewpoints indeed!
Tantrum IS just a kid after all. I mean, how many of us have a brother 8 yrs old like he does?

Old
03-28-2009, 08:34 PM
MxK1NGS

Quote:
Tantrum IS just a kid after all. I mean, how many of us have a brother 8 yrs old like he does?
No offense, but you are just as bad.. I would mistake you for a "kid" as well. You are creeping down to the "KID"S" level by arguing with him.. Anyways, back on topic, I think Frolov's injury won't effect us because it is near the end of the season. All I care about is that he is healthy and better next year..

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 08:51 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
No offense, but you are just as bad.. I would mistake you for a "kid" as well. You are creeping down to the "KID"S" level by arguing with him.. Anyways, back on topic, I think Frolov's injury won't effect us because it is near the end of the season. All I care about is that he is healthy and better next year..
No offense taken as I wouldn't expect for you to understand.

You could clearly see that I'm not the only one to have argued with him. However, now that I (we) know how young he is, I think you'll see less arguing with him.

I think the biggest mistake some of us (including myself) make on the board is that we tend to think that we're often having discussions with posters our own age.

Old
03-30-2009, 06:51 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
so whats the deal with Frolov's injury? Is he back next game?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote