HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knuble may not be a Flyer next year

Old
03-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Black Ice

vCash: 500
I really like Knuble and I hope Homer can work something out to keep him. There are other less useful people they can get rid of.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:05 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
I really like Knuble and I hope Homer can work something out to keep him. There are other less useful people they can get rid of.
The problem in keeping Knuble is that Holmgren will find real difficulty in moving pieces that appear to be overpaid at this point (Lupul or Carle, for example).

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
IrishSniper87

Keep Knuble at a fair rate. 1 year deal.

Trade Lupul for picks. Trade Jones for picks. Trade both even if you have to trade down to dump them.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:16 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
They should have done the same thing with briere. Have him at a 2.5 million cap hit and pay the wife 4 million a year for that hefty grocery bill she needs to feed herself.
bwa hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah
too funny, I needed that

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:20 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

I'm a big Knuble fan and I'll be bummed if he leaves. He was there for us in the worst year in club history, and has been nothing but solid since signing with Philly. He still outscores guys like Lupul, and it's not realistic to expect jvr to step in and pot 25 goals his first few years.

imo he deserves to retire a Flyer.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
I wonder if there's any rules against that. Hire his wife as some bogus executive and pay her a couple million a year.
Someone tried that with Wade Redden's wife I think. Or someone's wife. It's been tried. And it's failed.

I was never under the assumption that Knuble was going to be here at all. Scott Hartnell is being paid nice money, and for what he does and has been doing, he needs to and has been taking over that role.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Mo0sE

Send a message via AIM to Mo0sE
I was watching daily news live last night and this topic came up. Tim P, Ed Moran, Michael B were all on the panel. They were saying how Knuble may take a discount and the flyers could give him a deal that would include incentives... it would really suck to see him go..

Mo0sE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo0sE View Post
I was watching daily news live last night and this topic came up. Tim P, Ed Moran, Michael B were all on the panel. They were saying how Knuble may take a discount and the flyers could give him a deal that would include incentives... it would really suck to see him go..
It's life under the salary cap. Holmgren knew two years ago this day would come, and I don't think it's really keeping him up at night in shock.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's life under the salary cap. Holmgren knew two years ago this day would come, and I don't think it's really keeping him up at night in shock.
I'm not sure what he's done to make you believe he has any premeditated thoughts about the long-term ramifications of the moves he makes.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:50 PM
XS Chop

I think we'll miss more than his goal scoring as well. He's the closest thing to the grizzled old vet we have here. Kimmo's the next closest thing we have to that but I don't think thats really the role he plays (Hatcher/Smith style) in the locker room. This team has the chance of going from young and exciting to too young without an old warhorse to help pull them together.

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:11 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Id rather Knuble than Jones/Carle/Lupul

but if he wants a multiyear deal its risky since hes over 35

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
If we lose Knuble and keep that lazy sack of crap that clearly hasn't earned his contract, I will flip.
Ditto.

KEEP KNUBLE!!!! Lose Lupul or Carle, whatever just get him signed!

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Id rather Knuble than Jones/Carle/Lupul

but if he wants a multiyear deal its risky since hes over 35
depends on the type of contract he wants...we would have to move Lupul to accommodate him, since Homer basically signed away all of Knuble's current contract to Lupul. Then you factor in the possibility of JVR on this team and you have another problem. given the likelihood of Sbisa being on this club next year, I would be shocked if they don't look to move Jones to bring him in (but that would be far too rational, so who knows).

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
If we lose Knuble and keep that lazy sack of crap that clearly hasn't earned his contract, I will flip.

I'd rather keep Knuble as well. Unfortunately, if I'm an opposing GM the idea of signing a Knuble as an UFA would be much more enticing than trading assets for the lazy,streaky winger that's overpaid. Giving Lupul that contract was beyond dumb and all we hear about in the media is how Briere's contract was an albatross. At least when we signed Briere we needed the scoring. I still can't think of a good reason for Lupul's extension. I wish Lansberg would have asked Clarke about that contract on OTR last night.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:35 PM
coda

It would be a major drag if Knuble left the team....he's one of my favorite players....I think hes essential to the team leadership, him, carter, timo and cannon are what holds the team together...imo...

coda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 02:55 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by coda View Post
It would be a major drag if Knuble left the team....he's one of my favorite players....I think hes essential to the team leadership, him, carter, timo and cannon are what holds the team together...imo...
Hartnell. Dont forget Hartnell. Losing Knuble would suck, but in all honesty Hartnell plays a similar game and Hartnell is not a terrible leader. Id like to keep Knuble until JvR is good to go.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:01 PM
coda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Hartnell. Dont forget Hartnell. Losing Knuble would suck, but in all honesty Hartnell plays a similar game and Hartnell is not a terrible leader. Id like to keep Knuble until JvR is good to go.
..hartnell is my other fav.........i just ment when it comes to age and skill leadership....

coda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
phlocky

Quote:
This is how I feel. I know that many of you wanted Knuble gone at the beginning of the season but we are seeing now just how valuable he is. He works so well with Gagne and he's just such a Flyer at heart. Bring back Knuble, let Lupul go, and biring in JVR to replace HIM.

Damn, he's always been one of my favorite players while he's been here. Damn, now you guys have me all depressed thinking he's not gonna be here next year. I'll have to drink even more beer tonight when I go out

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:09 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
This is how I feel. I know that many of you wanted Knuble gone at the beginning of the season but we are seeing now just how valuable he is. He works so well with Gagne and he's just such a Flyer at heart. Bring back Knuble, let Lupul go, and biring in JVR to replace HIM.

Damn, he's always been one of my favorite players while he's been here. Damn, now you guys have me all depressed thinking he's not gonna be here next year. I'll have to drink even more beer tonight when I go out
This and an unhappy face does not compute in my head. Sorry.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:14 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by coda View Post
..hartnell is my other fav.........i just ment when it comes to age and skill leadership....
oh yeah, but i mean if this team does let knuble go I think Hartnell can fill that role better than anyone. he skates better and is younger. Id like to keep Knuble, but Im not gonna lose sleep over the possibility of losing him. Leadership shouldnt be an issue. Timonen, Briere, were captains at the NHL level, Hartnell in juniors, I see Biron as a leader, Gagne has been here forever and has had the A on his sweater for years so losing Knuble isnt a HUGE deal. I really would like to see the team make room and sign JBo and bring up Sbisa and maybe JvR.

Dump Jones, Carle, and Lupul, dont resign knuble. Should get it done.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:14 PM
UseYourAllusion

I like Knuble a lot, and he's a perfect fit for his role. This sucks. I blame Lupul. **** him

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:39 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Thats a shame. Im a big fan.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:09 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

I'd rather have Knuble than Lupul.

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
if he wants anymore than $2m, he can walk

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 05:07 PM
DrHamburg

Well, saying you would rather have Lupul rather than Knuble really doesn't make a difference because Lupul is signed. I guess the question is what is the market value going to be for a guy Knubles age for a 25-30 goal scorer. He is at what 2.7 mil now? In free agency do you think he can get 3.5 or more? And then consider how much would it be to sign another free agent or call someone up who can net 25 goals next to Gagne and Giroux

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote