HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boynton's Goose Is Cooked (As A Panther)

Old
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsfan View Post
Your coach started it by benching Boynton in the third, so your coach brought this upon himself.
Did you watch that game? hmmmm,

03-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Oh just stop with the nonsense. Boynton deserved to be benched in the 3rd. He deserved to be sent to a gulag in Siberia for the way he played that game. And it wasn't just that game, he'd been bad for a while at that point. And then he apparently has a heated confrontation with DeBoer right after the game? What did he expect? Yeah, maybe DeBoer should have said something to him during the 3rd, but he certainly had no right to blow up on DeBoer after the way he played. He should have approached his coach in a quiet room at a later time out of sight of everybody else. Boynton was more in the wrong than DeBoer was.

And DeBoer has not lost the team. Anybody who thinks that is out to lunch.
Absolutely agreed! Just because some one is a "Boynton fan" doesn't give them the knowledge to claim something that simply isn't true. Boynton deserved every bit and more of the benching he got because he played horrible.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Oh just stop with the nonsense. Boynton deserved to be benched in the 3rd. He deserved to be sent to a gulag in Siberia for the way he played that game. And it wasn't just that game, he'd been bad for a while at that point. And then he apparently has a heated confrontation with DeBoer right after the game? What did he expect? Yeah, maybe DeBoer should have said something to him during the 3rd, but he certainly had no right to blow up on DeBoer after the way he played. He should have approached his coach in a quiet room at a later time out of sight of everybody else. Boynton was more in the wrong than DeBoer was.

And DeBoer has not lost the team. Anybody who thinks that is out to lunch.
Yeah, agreed.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:11 PM
nhsportsfan

Well, I'm not the only one that thinks that Boynton makes this team better. Also, the coach doesn't make a habit out of benching people. So it was wrong for him to single out Nick. Really, you don't deserve Boynton. You deserve your coach. You deserve your ninth place finish. You're a bunch of fanboy pariahs.

nhsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2009, 11:16 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Well, I'm not the only one that thinks that Boynton makes this team better. Also, the coach doesn't make a habit out of benching people. So it was wrong for him to single out Nick. Really, you don't deserve Boynton. You deserve your coach. You deserve your ninth place finish. You're a bunch of fanboy pariahs.
Hi, Boynton.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 04:24 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
What does this mean?

Again...did you watch the game? His play leading up to that game? Perhaps DeBo was a bit overbaord, but unless you were there, none of us know what happened.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Team started to fall apart after that fiasco. Coincidence?

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Whale4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Team started to fall apart after that fiasco. Coincidence?

I kinda saw the trade deadline as the primary turning point, myself.

Whale4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
You're a joke. Either your Boynton's gay lover or his grandmother. He adds some things to the team, things that are a dime a dozen around this league and that's it. Why was he on waivers last season?

Old
03-27-2009, 08:54 AM
ClawinAtcha

Thought I'd mention this since it has not been brought up:

In his first game back after the benching, Boynton had a goal and an assist and was a + 2 (iow, he seemed to respond well to me). He's had 4 points and been a +6 in the games he's played in since the benching.

Meanwhile, Eminger has 0 points and has been a -1 in his time as a Panther.

ClawinAtcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawinAtcha View Post
Thought I'd mention this since it has not been brought up:

In his first game back after the benching, Boynton had a goal and an assist and was a + 2 (iow, he seemed to respond well to me). He's had 4 points and been a +6 in the games he's played in since the benching.

Meanwhile, Eminger has 0 points and has been a -1 in his time as a Panther.
I agree he's played well since he's been back, which to me completely proves that PDB did the right thing. Boynton was horrible before the benching and it served as a wakeup call.

Old
03-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Exactly. I really like Boynton, but IMO he hadn't been playing well, and it was only AFTER the benching that he has really come on. Honestly? I think he's been better than Bouw on several nights. He was good last night too. But this Boynton is not the same Boynton I saw earlier with his erratic play, poor defensive positioning and slow skating. I really like the Boynton we have now, and if he needs to have a burr placed under his saddle periodically to get him to play this way, so be it.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by portal333 View Post
Hi, Boynton.
Seriously, it really is uncalled for that the players now use aliases on their HFBoards accounts to defend themselves. Kinda bumps them down a notch in my book.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 12:30 PM
ClawinAtcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I agree he's played well since he's been back, which to me completely proves that PDB did the right thing. Boynton was horrible before the benching and it served as a wakeup call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Exactly. I really like Boynton, but IMO he hadn't been playing well, and it was only AFTER the benching that he has really come on. Honestly? I think he's been better than Bouw on several nights. He was good last night too. But this Boynton is not the same Boynton I saw earlier with his erratic play, poor defensive positioning and slow skating. I really like the Boynton we have now, and if he needs to have a burr placed under his saddle periodically to get him to play this way, so be it.
Yeap. Although, I'm still wondering why he was scratched after he came back. Okay, so he was scratched for five games after the incident after the game against the Rags, then he comes back and plays three games (at Pit, at Buf, and at home against Tampa Bay) and seemed to be playing better (1G, 1A, +3). But then he was scratched for the next three games (Wash, Tor, and the Blue Jackets), and now he's back.

I dunno, I guess DeBoer was still feeling Eminger out (on this squad, at least), but I suppose he has come around to having Boynton back in the lineup. Second-guessing his decision is pointless since he knows his players 100x better than we do.

ClawinAtcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Seriously, it really is uncalled for that the players now use aliases on their HFBoards accounts to defend themselves. Kinda bumps them down a notch in my book.
If that's the case then where is Vokie? I think he is needed in the GDT.

Old
03-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
If that's the case then where is Vokie? I think he is needed in the GDT.
I won't touch that one. I think we know who Anderson is though.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Tuco

Quote:
I won't touch that one. I think we know who Anderson is though.
Haha, yeah. Kinda obvious.