HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blanchard: Ribeiro talking about Koivu

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2009, 11:07 AM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I love the game of the broken telephone. I heard from so and so and so that Ribeiro used cocaine! I heard from so and so that Koivu saved a kitten from a tree.

Seriously, you guys are worse then those tabloid magazines.

Ribeiro kept it low key off the ice. Sure the "3 amigos" partied, but look at our current team they are no different. The only reason that Ribeiro and Theodore got the worst of it is because they were supposed to be our two french canadian stars...

From what we know (or believe), Koivu and Ribeiro didn't get along and one of them had to go. Did Bob make the right choice? Maybe... Maybe not. You can make a case for both players.
bang on !

The irony is that the same posters that were bringing the rumours about the 3 amigos , are the same that blamed the french medias , when they talked about the Kostitsyn brothers , or Price and Higgins .

Old
03-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
bang on !

The irony is that the same posters that were bringing the rumours about the 3 amigos , are the same that blamed the french medias , when they talked about the Kostitsyn brothers , or Price and Higgins .
It's funny that the same people defending Ribeiro and blaming Koivu, are the same people who believe the french media about the Kostitsyn brothers and Saku Koivu's leadership.

It's a two way ship.

Old
03-28-2009, 11:29 AM
kent_carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
It's funny that the same people defending Ribeiro and blaming Koivu, are the same people who believe the french media about the Kostitsyn brothers and Saku Koivu's leadership.

It's a two way ship.
We have seen worst when Chelios, Corson and Kordic were here, but at least they were producing. Ribiero's stats are facts, the rest is rumours coming from teenagers.

Old
03-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Mathletic

Quote:

It's a two way ship.
I'm not sure what the belief part about the Kostitsyn brothers is? I'd think police reports are rather convincing.

Old
03-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_carlson View Post
We have seen worst when Chelios, Corson and Kordic were here, but at least they were producing. Ribiero's stats are facts, the rest is rumours coming from teenagers.
he led the team in scoring and is now a top 30 in the league, so are you using Ribeiro's production as a knock?

Old
03-28-2009, 11:41 AM
kent_carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
he led the team in scoring and is now a top 30 in the league, so are you using Ribeiro's production as a knock?
Sorry, I dont. All I wanted to say is "there is absolutely NO facts about Ribeiro's behavior and the guy is producing. I don't understand the hate for this player. When you are shorter, lighter than the average player and your successful, that is quite an accomplishment. But then, a teenager from Windsor came with the cocaine story last night ...http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/shakeshead.gif

Old
03-28-2009, 11:46 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

It's a two way ship.
Well...when the police have tapes of the Bro , it is more credible than what we have read here about the nightlife of Ribeiro . I trust more the police and the medias , than the " sources " of Waffl.....

About Saku's leadership , i have read too many things going in the two sens , to beleive that it's black or white ; I beleive that Koivu is a great leader on the ice , but a bad captain out of the ice , because of his prima donna nature .

to me it's clear that few journalists have an agenda againts Koivu , but not as much as a lot of you think . You never had the idea that if there are soo much things that were wrote about Koivu and his leadership , it's simply because they are closed to the team , and they know what is going on ?

Old
03-28-2009, 11:51 AM
dutchy29

Riberio 19G 49A 160lb sack of fly dung. -4. These stats are based on the fact he gets
all kinds of 1st line playing time and all kinds of 1st line powerplay time. Not all-star talent in my book. Was Ninima a horrible return for him yes. Do we have two small centerman with just as much talent if not more than Riberio, yes. Let this non issue go,
We finished first in the conference last season without him and Gainey was a genius,
now a year later everyone is still harping about this trade.

Old
03-28-2009, 11:52 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_carlson View Post
The medias have talked about those players , as they also told that Ribeiro liked the night life , but as you said , the rest his all rumours coming from few members of this board , probably teenagers , yes .

Old
03-28-2009, 11:54 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
When I think of horrible sports "journalists" and analysts guys like Reajaune Tremblay and "Le Baron" immediately come to mind. Somehow I always forget about Blanchard... Probably a subconscious thing, he's brutal its not even funny.

Old
03-28-2009, 11:56 AM
number 11

Quote:
About Saku's leadership , i have read too many things going in the two sens , to beleive that it's black or white ; I beleive that Koivu is a great leader on the ice , but a bad captain out of the ice , because of his prima donna nature .
ok so you "hear things" about koivu and they must be true, but when people hear things about ribeiro they're not? give me one credible source saying koivu is a prima donna and that he's a bad captain off the ice. what the hell would you know about saku off the ice?

do ever see ex-hab players go after saku when they play against montreal? no. do habs players go after ribeiro and grabovski? yes. i think this is the best indicator of how players got along when they were playing together in montreal.

Old
03-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm not sure what the belief part about the Kostitsyn brothers is? I'd think police reports are rather convincing.
Police report saying what exactly?..that the broz KNEW a guy linked to organized crime??..Ouuuhhh..Nooooo, they must be deep into crap!
Almost everybody in here either knows directly a drug dealer or someone that knows one.
This story is as ridiculous as Mike Phelps's bong ''controversy''.
It's not because they know someone that they're into it as well.
Young kids like to party, drive nice cars and be surrounded by hot girls...Oh my god, what a bunch of irresponsible fools!! Let's trade those cancers!
The Kost broz partied last year, I saw them partying it up with Ovechkin and Markov at Buena. But we were winning, so who cares right.
I've seen Komi/Streit/Price/Chipper/Kost broz/Markov/Lats/Lappy/Gorges/Souray/Abby/Koivu/Higgins/O'Byrne/Grabovski partying on more than one occasion over the past couple of years. Furthermore, I know a handful of girls they hooked up with.

The Kost broz ''controversy'' is completely ridiculous and the media should be embarrassed to even have brought it up before getting all the facts. Also, idiots like Jean Perron that keeps claiming Price gets drunks before games or that there's probably some girls disguised as ''double agents'' to sabotage our players, should just shut the F up.

Quote:
Ribeiro lead our team in scoring with 65pts when we had a crappy team. The following year however, he only put up 51pts and the team chemistry seemed non-existent.
Now, I never wanted him traded, so not trying to knock him down, just thought it was important to precise he wasn't scoring in bunch.
Also, by his own admission, his trade made him mature into the player he now is. So, assuming he'd automatically be as good as he's become if he stayed here is wrong.

Like Whitesnake said, you always have to look at what you got in return. We got Niinima, and that's the only reason why this trade was bad.

Old
03-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Well...when the police have tapes of the Bro , it is more credible than what we have read here about the nightlife of Ribeiro . I trust more the police and the medias , than the " sources " of Waffl.....

to me it's clear that few journalists have an agenda againts Koivu , but not as much as a lot of you think . You never had the idea that if there are soo much things that were wrote about Koivu and his leadership , it's simply because they are closed to the team , and they know what is going on ?
This is a terrible post. You assume that the audio tapes are incriminating without knowing any facts, you assume that Koivu is not a leader in the locker room without any facts, and you assume that the french journalists know alot more than we do (which is completely false).

Old
03-28-2009, 12:53 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
ok so you "hear things" about koivu and they must be true, but when people hear things about ribeiro they're not? give me one credible source saying koivu is a prima donna and that he's a bad captain off the ice. what the hell would you know about saku off the ice?

do ever see ex-hab players go after saku when they play against montreal? no. do habs players go after ribeiro and grabovski? yes. i think this is the best indicator of how players got along when they were playing together in montreal.
I said i READ things ( from the newspappers ), i also said that i know that few journalists have an agenda againts Koivu , and that i don't beleive that everything is black or white . That means that i don't beleive everything that have been said about Koivu , by the medias . But i have read enough to make my own opinion about him .

What you don't seem to understand is that the things we hear or read about Koivu , are from the medias , when the things we hear about Koivu are from teanager of this board . I am sure that Ribeiro wasn't a saint , that he liked the night life during , but i can't give credit to all the stories that were told in this forum ,because the sources were teanagers in the need of attention . And i don't say that it 's impossible , but that until serious source will confirm , i won't beleive those rumour .

Gainey said in his press conference , that he didn't trade Ribeiro because he was a problem for the Habs , but because he 's the player the Stars asked for Niinima. It could be false , but until now , Gainey is more credible , than the anti-Ribeiro and their rumours , no ?

Old
03-28-2009, 01:04 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimflylice View Post
This is a terrible post. You assume that the audio tapes are incriminating without knowing any facts, you assume that Koivu is not a leader in the locker room without any facts, and you assume that the french journalists know alot more than we do (which is completely false).
I don't assume that the tape were incriminating the 2 brothers more than what was said ; that they were in relation with a big drug dealer , and that they were asking services from him , but that they were no charge againts them . I don't judge them , because we don't know if they even knew what kind of guy he was .

About Koivu , there are facts ; Ribeiro just told how Koivu was acting in the room , as did some journalists in the past , and yes , they know a lot more things than us ; they live around the players everyday .

Old
03-28-2009, 01:29 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

i'm not deleting any more crap.

Closed Thread