Notices

General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Brown Breaks Non-pitching Hand

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Mr Brownstone

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Brown Breaks Non-pitching Hand

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...rioles_yankees :lol :lol

Old
09-03-2004, 10:41 PM
guinness
swedish milkmaid

Kevin Brown's frustrating season finally reached a boiling point, and now his hot temper could cost the New York Yankees (news) at the most important time. Brown broke his non-pitching hand when he punched a wall in the clubhouse Friday night during a 3-1 loss to the Baltimore Orioles (news) that cut New York's lead in the AL East to just 2 1/2 games over Boston.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Who knew walls were hard? :lol

Last edited by guinness: 09-03-2004 at 10:49 PM.
Old
09-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Chartrand

That's a terrible break for the Yankees...

...did I just say break?

Old
09-03-2004, 11:32 PM
FearTheFlyers

Old
09-03-2004, 11:52 PM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
this is the greatest thing that ever happened.

kevin brown is the dumbest ****ing idiot on the planet. kiss the yankees good night

Old
09-04-2004, 12:28 AM
VO #23

I'm anxiously awaiting Son of Steinbrenner's response.

Old
09-04-2004, 01:32 AM
LuckyLUC20

Brown's always had a temper.

He did something similar to that with the Dodgers last year. He tore up something in the dressing room in I think Arizona or San Francisco or maybe somewhere else. I can't remember for some reason.. but KB has never been good at controlling his emotions.

Old
09-04-2004, 01:35 AM
IkeaMonkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO #23
THIS IS GREAT FOR THE YANKEES!!! WE GET A CHANCE TO THROW OUT THE UNBEATABLE EL DUQUE EVERY 4 DAYS NOW. WE NOW HAVE THE BEST PITCHING STAFF IN THE MAJORS WITH EL DUQUE GOING EVERY 4 DAYS!

Old
09-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Douggy

But Really... How badly does he need his left hand anyways? Anyone remember Jim Abbott?

Old
09-04-2004, 07:47 AM
Stammer Time*
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Don't forget...

"WHAT TEAM IS ABOVE THE REDSOX IN THE STANDINGS"

Old
09-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO #23
As am I

Old
09-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Fleet*

Send a message via Yahoo to Fleet*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brownstone
Yeah I heard that on ESPN.
I've been an Orioles fan since I was in Kindergarten. I like the Jays and the Braves too.

Old
09-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Dropkick Alex

Out 3 weeks...

Old
09-05-2004, 02:50 PM
lux_interior

I heard on the Jim Rome show that Jeff Weaver leads the NL in "quality starts." Personally, I think this is a questionable statistic, and I don't know of a site that can verify that this is true. Nonetheless, in light of this recent Kevin Brown broken hand development, perhaps the Dodgers got the better end of that deal.

Old
09-05-2004, 02:57 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
I heard on the Jim Rome show that Jeff Weaver leads the NL in "quality starts." Personally, I think this is a questionable statistic, and I don't know of a site that can verify that this is true. Nonetheless, in light of this recent Kevin Brown broken hand development, perhaps the Dodgers got the better end of that deal.
Not only did we get Weaver, but we also got Yhency Brazoban. Brazoban has become the new set-up man and has done a great job so far. His numbers are similar to Mota's numbers (even better) after the trade happened. Not to mention, the guy is very young and could be a future closer for any team. Eric Gagne has shown a lot of confidence in him.

We definitely won that deal.. and yes, Weaver has the most quality starts in baseball. I heard Vin Scully say it during one of the games. Also, I think it was on Baseball Tonight. His record should be better than it is now. Most of those 10 losses were because the Dodgers couldn't score for him.

Old
09-05-2004, 03:38 PM
guinness
swedish milkmaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Not only did we get Weaver, but we also got Yhency Brazoban. Brazoban has become the new set-up man and has done a great job so far. His numbers are similar to Mota's numbers (even better) after the trade happened. Not to mention, the guy is very young and could be a future closer for any team. Eric Gagne has shown a lot of confidence in him.

We definitely won that deal.. and yes, Weaver has the most quality starts in baseball. I heard Vin Scully say it during one of the games. Also, I think it was on Baseball Tonight. His record should be better than it is now. Most of those 10 losses were because the Dodgers couldn't score for him.
Reminds me of when he played for the Tigers. He's a good pitcher, as long as he stays focused.

Old
09-05-2004, 04:14 PM
lux_interior

So it's looking more and more like Weaver was just a bad fit for NYC and the NYC media.

Old
09-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
So it's looking more and more like Weaver was just a bad fit for NYC and the NYC media.
everyone knew that. Weaver had awesome stuff in Detroit and anyone knew he'd be a star, he just wasnt cut out for New York, much like Suppan and Sauerbeck werent cut out for Boston.

Old
09-05-2004, 05:21 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
everyone knew that. Weaver had awesome stuff in Detroit and anyone knew he'd be a star, he just wasnt cut out for New York, much like Suppan and Sauerbeck werent cut out for Boston.
How could everyone KNOW that. It was a theory, but until Weaver proved himself again outside of New York, that's all it could be.

Old
09-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
How could everyone KNOW that. It was a theory, but until Weaver proved himself again outside of New York, that's all it could be.
say whatever you want, anyone who watched weaver suddenly suck once he went to new york knew he just wasnt cut out for yankee town.

Old
09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Hockeyfan02

I'm not into all this hate Yankee stuff, but I think they've hit a new low. They want the Devil Rays to forfeit the first game of the doubleheader today because the Rays werent able to get out of Tampa. The DRays could have left earlier in the weekend but most of the staff and players wanted to be home with their families since Frances was coming through the area. I mean is their current slump and the Red Sox getting closer making them this nervous they have to ask for a forfeit from the DRays?! Maybe they should come down and see the damage and ask their players if they would have left their families down here while they sit in a hotel room 1,000 miles away twidling their thumbs.

Old
09-06-2004, 10:36 PM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
I'm not into all this hate Yankee stuff, but I think they've hit a new low. They want the Devil Rays to forfeit the first game of the doubleheader today because the Rays werent able to get out of Tampa. The DRays could have left earlier in the weekend but most of the staff and players wanted to be home with their families since Frances was coming through the area. I mean is their current slump and the Red Sox getting closer making them this nervous they have to ask for a forfeit from the DRays?! Maybe they should come down and see the damage and ask their players if they would have left their families down here while they sit in a hotel room 1,000 miles away twidling their thumbs.
i'm not at all shocked by this

but i don't remember anyone demanding that the yanks forfeit when they missed two games after sept. 11th.

Old
09-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Shappa

The Oakland-Boston game said a bit about Brown tonight, the colour guy (dunno his name) claimed to have watched Brown demolish a bat on a toilet on multiple occasions.... Stupid move by a stupid person, even in the highest fit of anger I can't figure out how your brain would let you get away with punching a wall, use a bat or something.... same effect with a better aftermath.

Old
09-07-2004, 12:43 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
Yeah, I saw it on SportsCenter. That was really stupid for them to go to the Commissioner's office to try and get a forfeit. Honestly, it's ridiculous. Family and safety is much more important than a stupid baseball game.

Old
09-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Stammer Time*
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Its just the Yankees being the Yankees...

Closed Thread