HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > General Sports
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Brown Breaks Non-pitching Hand

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2004, 09:45 PM
  #1
Mr Brownstone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: 596 miles away
Country: United States
Posts: 4,897
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Brown Breaks Non-pitching Hand

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...rioles_yankees :lol :lol

Mr Brownstone is offline  
Old
09-03-2004, 10:41 PM
  #2
guinness
swedish milkmaid
 
guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Missoula, Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,755
vCash: 500
Kevin Brown's frustrating season finally reached a boiling point, and now his hot temper could cost the New York Yankees (news) at the most important time. Brown broke his non-pitching hand when he punched a wall in the clubhouse Friday night during a 3-1 loss to the Baltimore Orioles (news) that cut New York's lead in the AL East to just 2 1/2 games over Boston.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Who knew walls were hard? :lol


Last edited by guinness: 09-03-2004 at 10:49 PM.
guinness is offline  
Old
09-03-2004, 10:43 PM
  #3
Chartrand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Bahrain
Posts: 2,209
vCash: 500
That's a terrible break for the Yankees...




...did I just say break?

Chartrand is offline  
Old
09-03-2004, 11:32 PM
  #4
FearTheFlyers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500

FearTheFlyers is offline  
Old
09-03-2004, 11:52 PM
  #5
johnny cool
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
this is the greatest thing that ever happened.

kevin brown is the dumbest ****ing idiot on the planet. kiss the yankees good night

johnny cool is offline  
Old
09-04-2004, 12:28 AM
  #6
VO #23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Calling out silly ass HF trolls since 1997
Country: Iraq
Posts: 5,446
vCash: 500
I'm anxiously awaiting Son of Steinbrenner's response.

VO #23 is offline  
Old
09-04-2004, 01:32 AM
  #7
LuckyLUC20
Registered User
 
LuckyLUC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Somewhere in So-Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Brown's always had a temper.

He did something similar to that with the Dodgers last year. He tore up something in the dressing room in I think Arizona or San Francisco or maybe somewhere else. I can't remember for some reason.. but KB has never been good at controlling his emotions.

LuckyLUC20 is offline  
Old
09-04-2004, 01:35 AM
  #8
IkeaMonkey*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO #23
I'm anxiously awaiting Son of Steinbrenner's response.
THIS IS GREAT FOR THE YANKEES!!! WE GET A CHANCE TO THROW OUT THE UNBEATABLE EL DUQUE EVERY 4 DAYS NOW. WE NOW HAVE THE BEST PITCHING STAFF IN THE MAJORS WITH EL DUQUE GOING EVERY 4 DAYS!

IkeaMonkey* is offline  
Old
09-04-2004, 07:46 AM
  #9
Douggy
Registered User
 
Douggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,803
vCash: 500
But Really... How badly does he need his left hand anyways? Anyone remember Jim Abbott?

Douggy is offline  
Old
09-04-2004, 07:47 AM
  #10
Stammer Time*
Sons of Pirates
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,308
vCash: 107
Don't forget...

"WHAT TEAM IS ABOVE THE REDSOX IN THE STANDINGS"

Stammer Time* is offline  
Old
09-04-2004, 01:42 PM
  #11
Dropkick Alex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Amherst, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VO #23
I'm anxiously awaiting Son of Steinbrenner's response.
As am I

Dropkick Alex is offline  
Old
09-04-2004, 01:56 PM
  #12
Fleet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: city of Richmond, V
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Fleet*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brownstone
Yeah I heard that on ESPN.
I've been an Orioles fan since I was in Kindergarten. I like the Jays and the Braves too.

Fleet* is offline  
Old
09-05-2004, 09:12 AM
  #13
Dropkick Alex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Amherst, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,224
vCash: 500
Out 3 weeks...

Dropkick Alex is offline  
Old
09-05-2004, 02:50 PM
  #14
lux_interior
Registered User
 
lux_interior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
I heard on the Jim Rome show that Jeff Weaver leads the NL in "quality starts." Personally, I think this is a questionable statistic, and I don't know of a site that can verify that this is true. Nonetheless, in light of this recent Kevin Brown broken hand development, perhaps the Dodgers got the better end of that deal.

lux_interior is offline  
Old
09-05-2004, 02:57 PM
  #15
LuckyLUC20
Registered User
 
LuckyLUC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Somewhere in So-Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
I heard on the Jim Rome show that Jeff Weaver leads the NL in "quality starts." Personally, I think this is a questionable statistic, and I don't know of a site that can verify that this is true. Nonetheless, in light of this recent Kevin Brown broken hand development, perhaps the Dodgers got the better end of that deal.
Not only did we get Weaver, but we also got Yhency Brazoban. Brazoban has become the new set-up man and has done a great job so far. His numbers are similar to Mota's numbers (even better) after the trade happened. Not to mention, the guy is very young and could be a future closer for any team. Eric Gagne has shown a lot of confidence in him.

We definitely won that deal.. and yes, Weaver has the most quality starts in baseball. I heard Vin Scully say it during one of the games. Also, I think it was on Baseball Tonight. His record should be better than it is now. Most of those 10 losses were because the Dodgers couldn't score for him.

LuckyLUC20 is offline  
Old
09-05-2004, 03:38 PM
  #16
guinness
swedish milkmaid
 
guinness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Missoula, Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Not only did we get Weaver, but we also got Yhency Brazoban. Brazoban has become the new set-up man and has done a great job so far. His numbers are similar to Mota's numbers (even better) after the trade happened. Not to mention, the guy is very young and could be a future closer for any team. Eric Gagne has shown a lot of confidence in him.

We definitely won that deal.. and yes, Weaver has the most quality starts in baseball. I heard Vin Scully say it during one of the games. Also, I think it was on Baseball Tonight. His record should be better than it is now. Most of those 10 losses were because the Dodgers couldn't score for him.
Reminds me of when he played for the Tigers. He's a good pitcher, as long as he stays focused.

guinness is offline  
Old
09-05-2004, 04:14 PM
  #17
lux_interior
Registered User
 
lux_interior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
So it's looking more and more like Weaver was just a bad fit for NYC and the NYC media.

lux_interior is offline  
Old
09-05-2004, 05:02 PM
  #18
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
So it's looking more and more like Weaver was just a bad fit for NYC and the NYC media.
everyone knew that. Weaver had awesome stuff in Detroit and anyone knew he'd be a star, he just wasnt cut out for New York, much like Suppan and Sauerbeck werent cut out for Boston.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
09-05-2004, 05:21 PM
  #19
lux_interior
Registered User
 
lux_interior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 8,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
everyone knew that. Weaver had awesome stuff in Detroit and anyone knew he'd be a star, he just wasnt cut out for New York, much like Suppan and Sauerbeck werent cut out for Boston.
How could everyone KNOW that. It was a theory, but until Weaver proved himself again outside of New York, that's all it could be.

lux_interior is offline  
Old
09-05-2004, 05:22 PM
  #20
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior
How could everyone KNOW that. It was a theory, but until Weaver proved himself again outside of New York, that's all it could be.
say whatever you want, anyone who watched weaver suddenly suck once he went to new york knew he just wasnt cut out for yankee town.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
  #21
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,734
vCash: 500
I'm not into all this hate Yankee stuff, but I think they've hit a new low. They want the Devil Rays to forfeit the first game of the doubleheader today because the Rays werent able to get out of Tampa. The DRays could have left earlier in the weekend but most of the staff and players wanted to be home with their families since Frances was coming through the area. I mean is their current slump and the Red Sox getting closer making them this nervous they have to ask for a forfeit from the DRays?! Maybe they should come down and see the damage and ask their players if they would have left their families down here while they sit in a hotel room 1,000 miles away twidling their thumbs.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
09-06-2004, 10:36 PM
  #22
johnny cool
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
I'm not into all this hate Yankee stuff, but I think they've hit a new low. They want the Devil Rays to forfeit the first game of the doubleheader today because the Rays werent able to get out of Tampa. The DRays could have left earlier in the weekend but most of the staff and players wanted to be home with their families since Frances was coming through the area. I mean is their current slump and the Red Sox getting closer making them this nervous they have to ask for a forfeit from the DRays?! Maybe they should come down and see the damage and ask their players if they would have left their families down here while they sit in a hotel room 1,000 miles away twidling their thumbs.
i'm not at all shocked by this

but i don't remember anyone demanding that the yanks forfeit when they missed two games after sept. 11th.

johnny cool is offline  
Old
09-07-2004, 12:01 AM
  #23
Shappa
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 683
vCash: 500
The Oakland-Boston game said a bit about Brown tonight, the colour guy (dunno his name) claimed to have watched Brown demolish a bat on a toilet on multiple occasions.... Stupid move by a stupid person, even in the highest fit of anger I can't figure out how your brain would let you get away with punching a wall, use a bat or something.... same effect with a better aftermath.

Shappa is offline  
Old
09-07-2004, 12:43 AM
  #24
LuckyLUC20
Registered User
 
LuckyLUC20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Somewhere in So-Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
I'm not into all this hate Yankee stuff, but I think they've hit a new low. They want the Devil Rays to forfeit the first game of the doubleheader today because the Rays werent able to get out of Tampa. The DRays could have left earlier in the weekend but most of the staff and players wanted to be home with their families since Frances was coming through the area. I mean is their current slump and the Red Sox getting closer making them this nervous they have to ask for a forfeit from the DRays?! Maybe they should come down and see the damage and ask their players if they would have left their families down here while they sit in a hotel room 1,000 miles away twidling their thumbs.
Yeah, I saw it on SportsCenter. That was really stupid for them to go to the Commissioner's office to try and get a forfeit. Honestly, it's ridiculous. Family and safety is much more important than a stupid baseball game.

LuckyLUC20 is offline  
Old
09-07-2004, 10:10 AM
  #25
Stammer Time*
Sons of Pirates
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 29,308
vCash: 107
Its just the Yankees being the Yankees...

Stammer Time* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.