HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-pit

Old
03-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Price4Prez

vCash: 500
Mtl-pit

To Montreal:

Malkin
Dupuis

To Pittsburgh:

A.Kostitysn
S.Kostitsyn
Komisarek
Higgins
1st pick 09'
1st pick 10'

Thoughts???

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:18 PM
schumway2

If Komisarek re-signed that would probably make Pittsburgh pretty strong. They certainly wouldn't be lacking wingers anymore. I still doubt they do it. There's no impact player going to Pittsburgh in this deal. Just a lot of solid players.

schumway2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Crosberry87

.No.

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Hockeygod66

komaiserk is a free agent take him away from your proposal. If malkin was being traded anonther team is going pay more for him then this.

Hockeygod66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:41 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

two words: Hell No.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Malkin and Crosby are untouchable right now.

It doesn't matter if you offer fair value etc. It just doesn't interest the Pens.

Maybe 1 day we'll have to move Malkin or Crosby but not soon.

If the cap goes down? blah blah blah Ain't happening. There will be other cap casualties before 1 of those 2 and we haven't even had to move those yet.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Asquaredx2

Yeah, Pittsburgh doesn't do this.

Even if Malkin were put on the market, the Pens would get a tonne of better offers.

From an Ottawa perspective, I'd offer Heatley, Volchenkov, Sens' 1st (right now looking potentially like Brayden Schenn) and then some, and that's still probably not enough.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

No.

1) Because pens fans will want more. What they don't understand is a team > Malkin, or Crosby, or Ovechkin, or Gretzky, or Lemieux, or whoever.

Nobody is going to trade 10 ****in' players, or like 6, or 7 and picks for one ****in' player.

If they do, they should be fired and never, ever, ever hired again.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:15 PM
AK

Start with Markov in any package involving Malkin to Montreal.

Then add much, much more.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Kman777

Gotta say Andrei Kostitsyn would look incredible flanking Crosby. As I understand a lot of wingers haven't excelled playing with Crosby because he plays a really fast game at high speed. Andrei is renowned for being able to pull moves and get shots off quickly while in full stride. IMO, Kostitsyn is already a lock to score 40 sometimes in the near future playing with Montreal. Having a career playing alongside Crosby, he's sure to hit 50 at least once.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:21 PM
mastodon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No.

1) Because pens fans will want more. What they don't understand is a team > Malkin, or Crosby, or Ovechkin, or Gretzky, or Lemieux, or whoever.

Nobody is going to trade 10 ****in' players, or like 6, or 7 and picks for one ****in' player.

First of all, relax. And secondly,

Philadelphia Flyers traded Ron Hextall, Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon, 1st round selection (Jocelyn Thibault) in 1993, 1st round selection (later traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, later traded to the Washington Capitals - Nolan Baumgartner) in 1994 and cash to the Quebec Nordiques for Eric Lindros.

I know it'll never happen, just sayin'.

mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon View Post
First of all, relax. And secondly,

Philadelphia Flyers traded Ron Hextall, Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon, 1st round selection (Jocelyn Thibault) in 1993, 1st round selection (later traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, later traded to the Washington Capitals - Nolan Baumgartner) in 1994 and cash to the Quebec Nordiques for Eric Lindros.

I know it'll never happen, just sayin'.
Colorado got cups... Philly didn't.

Right now, I agree with pens fans it's stupid to trade either of them (Crosby, or Malkin) but when it comes to it, I guarantee pens fans are going to be a little mad, cause they didn't get pretty much a second franchise in return.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM
mastodon

Quote:

Right now, I agree with pens fans it's stupid to trade either of them (Crosby, or Malkin) but when it comes to it, I guarantee pens fans are going to be a little mad, cause they didn't get pretty much a second franchise in return.
Yeah I agree. If it does eventually happen, it'll be tough to make a good trade.

mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Sergei Kostitsyn and Chris Higgins aren't worth much.

Andrei Kostisyn is more talented, but as inconsistent than Satan.

Canadiens aren't going to trade their 1st pick when they're hosting the draft and it's the franchise's centenary.

Komisarek is an UFA.

Penguins won't bother unless Markov in included in a package deal with 2 other quality players, and some prospects and draft picks.

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 07:23 PM
JTG

For Malkin, you'd probably be better off giving Pittsburgh Montreal's whole roster, then Shero will send back the **** he doesn't want.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 07:25 PM
JTG

Quote:
No.

Philly says whuddup

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Miller Time

Pitt fans won't accept... understandably so.

but from my pov, the only reason I'd be ok with it from a habs pov is because we have a boatload of depth when it comes to complementary young talented (and unproven) players. That and because we've been without a true star player for decades now...

Call me biased or crazy or whatever, but if I was sitting with Crosby and Malkin on my team, and an average pool of prospects/young players coming up, I'd have to give this offer serious consideration (assuming that it was with Komisarek signed/willing to sign a long term deal)

think about it...

Pens with Crosby, Stall, down the middle, Kost, Kost jr, Kunitz, Higgins on the wings, and Tangradi/Caputi/Zabotel in the pipeline... that's a pretty solid group of young talented top 6 players that could keep the franchise loaded for the next decade.

Add to 1st round picks, and Komisarek (one of the better young physical dmen in the league), and I dare contend that this kind of return might just justify moving a top 5 player such as Malkin IN A CAP WORLD...

Malkin's cap hit the next 4 years is 8.7M... basically what Komi/Kost/Higgins will cost the next 3-4 years.

I dunno, maybe keeping the "twin towers" is a no-brainer. Maybe they can find a way to keep enough depth/talent around Sid and Geno to be a regular contender (they did reach the cup finals last year, but let's not forget that they paid heavily to add hossa, who is no longer there)... but watching this year unfold, and looking at what their lineup looks like moving forward, it's hard to see where they will be able to add enough talented complementary while paying Crosby/Malkin/Staal/Fleury what they are paying them.

While it may make the fans happy to keep Sid and Geno, reminding them of the Lemieux/Jagr glory days, in the cap era moving one of the two(max contract) guys for the right collection of young (cheap) talented players and picks seems to me to be the smarter move if they want to be contenders year in year out.

It could work for both teams for a team like the habs (or the Yotes... Kings... other team with lot's of young talented depth), but I think the kind of return he'd generate could cripple teams who lack young depth and already have lot's of $$ locked up in older players.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
MVPMalkin71

No Freakin Way!

MVPMalkin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

If the Pens were to trade Malkin it would be to a West team so it wouldn't come back to bite them in the ass.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:

Yea but first they needed a goalie, and here we go Patrick Roy

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

No from a Habs' POV.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
What they don't understand is a team > Malkin, or Crosby, or Ovechkin, or Gretzky, or Lemieux, or whoever.
Depends on the team...

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Jaded-Fan

No. Other thoughts come to mind but will stick with that one.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:07 AM
DwightKSchrute

haha wow

DwightKSchrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:52 AM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

To the OP: You made this almost exact proposal 1½ months ago ... that one was rightly rejected by the Penguins fans, what made you think that they would accept this one?

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=606006

spiny norman is offline   Reply With Quote