HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings 1st Rounder

Old
03-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Karlssonlee

vCash: 500
Dany Heatley
Alexander Picard
Columbus's 2nd round pick 2009 (Vermette deal)

for

Oscar Moller
Jonathon Bernier
Jack Johnson
1st round pick in 2009

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Dany Heatley
Alexander Picard

for

Oscar Moller
Jonathon Bernier
Jack Johnson
1st round pick in 2009
It might be somewhat fair value now, but in 5 years LA would seriously, seriously regret this. I dont see a single GM in the whole league that would do this. Trade our future no1 goaltender, no1 dman, potential 2nd-line Jordan Staal-like centre, AND our first pick? There's just no way. No way at all.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 01:57 PM
DoughtyJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
Heatley

for

2009 1st
Brown
Tuebert

I'd like to see if I can get a 2nd rounder if possible
LOL...thats funny...... Keep Heatley....!!!
i wouldn't trade Brown for Heatley straight up!!

DoughtyJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
It might be somewhat fair value now, but in 5 years LA would seriously, seriously regret this. I dont see a single GM in the whole league that would do this. Trade our future no1 goaltender, no1 dman, potential 2nd-line Jordan Staal-like centre, AND our first pick? There's just no way. No way at all.
The thing is, you get an established 50goal scorer 90-100pt player. It would give LA one of the deadliest lines in the NHL. Heatley - Kopitar - Brown. The Sens receive potential, these players could not live up to their respective potential that they are projected to be.

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 02:38 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

If LA has the 6th pick, and Ottawa has the 10th-12th:

Ottawa's 1st and Kelly for L.A's 1st.

Kelly's not a playmaking center, or scoring winger, but he fits in well pretty much everywhere (got some 1st line time last year), and would be a very good 3rd line center for you guys. To move up 4-6 slots, thats the most I'd give in a deep draft.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:19 PM
idlehnds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyJovi View Post
LOL...thats funny...... Keep Heatley....!!!
i wouldn't trade Brown for Heatley straight up!!
I am a huge kings fan.. I mean huge fan... and what you just said there is ridiculous. If you were a Dean Lombardi and you got that offer you would take it in a heartbeat. I am usually just a lookyloo on the boards and I felt this needed a reply.

idlehnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Dany Heatley
Alexander Picard

for

Oscar Moller
Jonathon Bernier
Jack Johnson
1st round pick in 2009
Oh heck no.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:30 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Oh heck no.
Agreed, I think take out Bernier, even then its not really a great deal.

Old
03-28-2009, 03:47 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Ryan Smith? Jeremy Williams? Lee Stempniak? Surely LA could do better than that. What about something around Kaberle?
Those first 3 names do not belong in the same sentence as 1st round pick, and we don't need Kaberle. We need a winger.

In my wildest dreams I see the Kings trade up to grab MSP or Schenn.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 03:49 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
If LA has the 6th pick, and Ottawa has the 10th-12th:

Ottawa's 1st and Kelly for L.A's 1st.

Kelly's not a playmaking center, or scoring winger, but he fits in well pretty much everywhere (got some 1st line time last year), and would be a very good 3rd line center for you guys. To move up 4-6 slots, thats the most I'd give in a deep draft.
Handzus, Stoll, Armstrong, Kopitar, Boyle.

All centers.

Why do we downgrade to grab...let this sink in a little...Kelly!

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:02 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
Handzus, Stoll, Armstrong, Kopitar, Boyle.

All centers.

Why do we downgrade to grab...let this sink in a little...Kelly!
On the Kings site, only Army, Kopitar, and Stoll are listed as centers. And I'd much rather Kelly on my 3rd line than Army. And that's the point, I wouldn't give up a whole lot to move up like 3-5 spaces in a ridiculously deep draft.

Old
03-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlehnds View Post
I am a huge kings fan.. I mean huge fan... and what you just said there is ridiculous. If you were a Dean Lombardi and you got that offer you would take it in a heartbeat. I am usually just a lookyloo on the boards and I felt this needed a reply.
And since you've been such a huge kings fan and have been here forever, you know about this thread.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...f+dustin+brown

Plenty of posters type their opinion, but this one sticks out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senators39 View Post
If I had the chance, I'd trade Heatley straight up for D. Brown. This guy is amazing, he's in the Shane Doan, Brendan Morrow mold. Hits, scores, leads, does it all, and he's on an unbelieveable contract. I wouldn't even be surprised if Kings fans wouldn't trade him straight up for Heatley. He's one of the youngest captains in the league, and he is only getting better. Heatley is in the right place at the right time, and he has a wicked release. D. Brown does everything else, and then some. Exactly what Ottawa has needed for 10 years.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 04:22 PM
CM-

Quote:
I am a fan of neither and in the cap world I think Dustin Brown at 3.175 mil over Heatley's 7.5 mil.
Brown is good for 30+ goals 60+ pts 150+ Hits.
heatley is good for 40+ goals 90+ pts.
Both are good in there own right but what you add into the equation is the fact that for 3.325 mil I think you can gets someone who can add 10 goals and 30 points.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:37 PM
idlehnds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
I am a fan of neither and in the cap world I think Dustin Brown at 3.175 mil over Heatley's 7.5 mil.
Brown is good for 30+ goals 60+ pts 150+ Hits.
heatley is good for 40+ goals 90+ pts.
Both are good in there own right but what you add into the equation is the fact that for 3.325 mil I think you can gets someone who can add 10 goals and 30 points.
Dustin Brown is a great player by far and I love the kid..... but... I feel when you can get someone that is top 10 in the league in scoring and has proved it many times you grab that guy. I guess you can argue the fact that dustin brown is a good leader, is young, and more of a complete player but Heatley is still young at 28 and has had 2 50 goal seasons.

Its a hard trade to make cuz the kings have soo much cap room this offseason they can pick up a guy like gaborik or franzon to help out on scoring instead of trading away Brown for Heatley. Basically regardless of the teams position in terms of the cap if you would compare a Dustin Brown at 3+ trade for Danny Heatley at 7+ I personally would pay more and get a dynamic scorer like Heatley.

As I type this I realize I suck at arguing my point and realize I may not make all that sense but I feel you can replace Dustin Browns role easier than you can replace Heatleys. Especially watching how bad the kings cant score this year.

idlehnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
kihei

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Your delusional if u think Ryan Smyth has the same value as Jeremy Williams and Lee Stempniak.
Read the original post, turkey. You're the one who is delusional but it is self inflicted. If you actually require an explanation, the point is simple: neither of the three players, regardless of their talent level as you see it, fetches LA's first round draft pick.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Roof Daddy

From an outside opinion I don't really see the Kings moving their pick unless they finish 7th and the draft goes something like this

1 Tavares
2 Hedman
3 Duchene
4 MSP
5 Schenn
6 Kane

At 7 (despite his injury) Cowen would be best player available, and it would seem they've more or less addressed their D in the last few drafts (Doughty, Hickey, Teubert) as well as having Greene locked up, and JMFJ and Quincey to lock up in the off-season.

Therefore, if they were willing to move the pick, I'd do:

To EDM: 7th overall, Boyle

To LA: (hopefully) 15th pick, Cogliano

Boyle's a bit of an unknown at this point, but with that size I'd take the gamble. Cogliano seems to be able to produce at a decent clip (right around the 20 goal mark) despite getting minimal PP time and playing with checkers/pluggers all the time. I question his hockey sense at times, but his speed is world class.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
From an outside opinion I don't really see the Kings moving their pick unless they finish 7th and the draft goes something like this

1 Tavares
2 Hedman
3 Duchene
4 MSP
5 Schenn
6 Kane

At 7 (despite his injury) Cowen would be best player available, and it would seem they've more or less addressed their D in the last few drafts (Doughty, Hickey, Teubert) as well as having Greene locked up, and JMFJ and Quincey to lock up in the off-season.

Therefore, if they were willing to move the pick, I'd do:

To EDM: 7th overall, Boyle

To LA: (hopefully) 15th pick, Cogliano

Boyle's a bit of an unknown at this point, but with that size I'd take the gamble. Cogliano seems to be able to produce at a decent clip (right around the 20 goal mark) despite getting minimal PP time and playing with checkers/pluggers all the time. I question his hockey sense at times, but his speed is world class.
Kings wouldn't do it. Cogliano is good, but the Kings do not like their top 6 forwards small. Williams is small but his intangables make up for it.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 08:35 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Kings wouldn't do it. Cogliano is good, but the Kings do not like their top 6 forwards small. Williams is small but his intangables make up for it.
Your GM is known to have a big stiffy for Cogs, if we offered this, he'd probably take it. I don't see us offering this. Lowe has a big stiffy for Cogs too.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Your GM is known to have a big stiffy for Cogs, if we offered this, he'd probably take it. I don't see us offering this. Lowe has a big stiffy for Cogs too.
Where is this "known"?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 08:47 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
I am sorry to say but Cogliano and a 1st to move up to the 6th or 7th spot. I wouldnt give up that much. Cogs doesnt even play on the top two lines most of the time or the top 2 power plays but yet still will still give you 20 goals. I think with a new coach coming in next year that the players on Edmonton will be scoring up to their potential. I dont think Edmonton will do much. Low has made some bad signings and we will have to live with it.

I would do Cogs and a 2nd for your 1st otherwise it would be a no go and I already know that you guys wont.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:07 PM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would do Cogs and a 2nd for your 1st otherwise it would be a no go and I already know that you guys wont.

Cogliano and a 2nd for a top10 pick?
In your dreams

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:08 PM
CM-

Quote:
Dustin Brown is a great player by far and I love the kid..... but... I feel when you can get someone that is top 10 in the league in scoring and has proved it many times you grab that guy. I guess you can argue the fact that dustin brown is a good leader, is young, and more of a complete player but Heatley is still young at 28 and has had 2 50 goal seasons.

Its a hard trade to make cuz the kings have soo much cap room this offseason they can pick up a guy like gaborik or franzon to help out on scoring instead of trading away Brown for Heatley. Basically regardless of the teams position in terms of the cap if you would compare a Dustin Brown at 3+ trade for Danny Heatley at 7+ I personally would pay more and get a dynamic scorer like Heatley.

As I type this I realize I suck at arguing my point and realize I may not make all that sense but I feel you can replace Dustin Browns role easier than you can replace Heatleys. Especially watching how bad the kings cant score this year.
true at the same salary or close salaries I could agree to this. But this is the biggest fact who would you rather have:

Heatley - 50 Goals - 100 Pts
or
Brown - 30 Goals - 60 pts
Justin Williams - 30 Goals - 60 points

The 2 only cost 175k more than Heatley. In the Cap world it isn't always about the most talent. The Kings may never spend to the cap but if they keep Brown over getting Heatley they keep the room to add more salary if they want to.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post

Cogliano and a 2nd for a top10 pick?
In your dreams
If only he had said something like, "I already know that you guys wont." Oh wait, he did!

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
So Cogs biggest intangible (blazing speed, something the Kings seem to lack), wouldn't benefit the Kings because he isn't 6' or 200lbs? I mean I don't know much about the Kings, and maybe what you claim is actually their team philosophy word for word, but really? If they were offered Pat Kane, they'd decline?

I realize Cogs' ceiling is probably 30-30 guy, but thats not bad considering you add that and probably end up getting a forward with size with the 15th pick anyway (Kassian projected to be mid 1st rd).

At the end of the day, what helps the Kings more

Boyle and Kadri??? or Cogs and Kassian???

Now for all the Oiler fans who don't like the proposal, Cowen is unlike anything in the system or on the current roster - monster shutdown Dman with wheels. He has a bit of a hill to climb with injury recovery, but this guy paired with Gilbert or Grebs erases half the goals against that their high risk/reward style induces.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
So Cogs biggest intangible (blazing speed, something the Kings seem to lack), wouldn't benefit the Kings because he isn't 6' or 200lbs? I mean I don't know much about the Kings, and maybe what you claim is actually their team philosophy word for word, but really? If they were offered Pat Kane, they'd decline?I realize Cogs' ceiling is probably 30-30 guy, but thats not bad considering you add that and probably end up getting a forward with size with the 15th pick anyway (Kassian projected to be mid 1st rd).

At the end of the day, what helps the Kings more

Boyle and Kadri??? or Cogs and Kassian???

Now for all the Oiler fans who don't like the proposal, Cowen is unlike anything in the system or on the current roster - monster shutdown Dman with wheels. He has a bit of a hill to climb with injury recovery, but this guy paired with Gilbert or Grebs erases half the goals against that their high risk/reward style induces.
Is Cogliano as good as Kane. REEALLY. NO

Moses Doughty is online now   Reply With Quote