HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN & Tampa Penalities

Old
03-28-2009, 07:28 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
You have to learn to accept it when a commentator isn't fellating the team all the time. There was absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. If the penalties where the other way around you'd be the first ones crying to the top of your lungs about it.
*****. You just made me spit coffee all over my laptop.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 07:48 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
The point is that they have had the third most powerplays in the entire league this season.
Why is that the point? Who cares where it ranks? The fact they have had equal amount of PP and penalties is more important to me than where they rank.

The OP's point I think was to point out how many times it was referred to that we had an advantage of PP time. Conversely, when the same happens to us it is rarely mentioned.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Caseofcups*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Why is that the point? Who cares where it ranks? The fact they have had equal amount of PP and penalties is more important to me than where they rank.

The OP's point I think was to point out how many times it was referred to that we had an advantage of PP time. Conversely, when the same happens to us it is rarely mentioned.

+1

Caseofcups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Davebo
beep beep

I can't believe people are claiming mcguire ruined the game for them - what the hell kind of fans are you??? That was one of our most complete games of this season, and also confirmation in our new found confidence, and all you ****ers can do is whine about Pierre freakin Mcguire.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:39 AM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
How many games have we watched, this year and last,where the Habs were the team with the 8 penalty calls and our opposition with 1 penalty,AND WE NEVER HEARD MCGUIRE FROM TSN COMMENT ON THE UNFAIR CALLS.....BUT WHEN IT`S THE HABS GETTING THE POWER PLAYS LIKE TONIGHT,ALL OF A SUDDEN IT`S A CRIME !!!! Come on Mcguire give your head a shake.Most of the calls were good calls except one maybe.For a change our guys stayed out of the box........Great game boys !!!
I used to be so pissed that I couldnt afford TSN and had to watch all the games in french, but knowing thats the sort of analyst I would have to listen to, has completely dissolved my envy. I can't figure out how this guy got a job, someone
at TSN must have made him a deal, "you shut up for two seconds and I'll give you a job."

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:39 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
I can't believe people are claiming mcguire ruined the game for them - what the hell kind of fans are you??? That was one of our most complete games of this season, and also confirmation in our new found confidence, and all you ****ers can do is whine about Pierre freakin Mcguire.
ruined as in it was a great game that we thoroughly enjoyed, but had to put up with annoying and useless commentating. Everyone who is saying Pierre was just calling it like it was-- what if he started talking about the popcorn, or the adverts on the boards or how the ice is slippery or reading into Gainey's horoscope? It's just stupid, is not interesting, it's just hype. He's a hype man and that's annoying when you don't care about hype. Then he hypes his own hype. Why do people hate on Brunet? Are they ****ers cuz they aren't enjoying the game. It's really a separate topic, what people mean is:

AWESOME GAME! SHUTUP PIERRE!

as for the lopsided officiating...I may be remembering this wrong, but didn't we have it go against us WAY worse vs. Minny? Also, how many 5 on 3s did we have (which we have to kill ALL the time)? I think Tampa deserved their penalties and the refs were actually differentiating between a soft stick check and legitimate obstruction, hooking, etc. We were moving and they weren't. When you depend on the weak penalties, and the refs don't call them, then you get burned.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 05:48 PM
TroyM

I wasn't bothered at all, I think TSN is very balanced in their coverage of the Habs and look forward to them carrying more games in the next week!

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote