HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack PHANTOMS (schedule within post #403)

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2009, 09:12 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
With the final game at the Spectrum rapidly approaching it is looking as if this team is not going to make the playoffs. If it's determined one way or the other if they are or are not, I think it would be great to see the Phantoms sign old Phantoms like Neil Little, Frank Bialowas, Dave MacIsaac, Bruce Coles, etc to a PTO to play against Hershey. It would be awesome to see a full house complete with Hershey Sucks and We Want Frank chants.

BTW, I am taking my 3 year old son to the Spectrum for his first and last time next Sunday. I'm hoping to get a good picture of my wife, son and me in front of the Spectrum that I can add to my Spectrum wall in my new house.

Old
03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Phantoms have signed Mario Kempe to a PTO.

http://eliteprospects.com/

Old
03-27-2009, 11:07 AM
pelts35.com

This is a huge weekend for the Phantoms with all 3 games at home. Tonight's game is against a good Toronto team and the other two are against a very good Grand Rapids team.

Bingo only has 2 games (1 against a very good Hershey squad and 1 against a very poor Rochester team). If the Phantoms are to make the playoffs they really need to sweep the weekend.

Old
03-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Foo Faa

Anyone going the STH Town Hall meeting tonight before the game?

Old
03-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Joonas Lehtivouri (D) Philadelphia ADD Signed to ATO

http://stats.theahl.com/hm/transactions.php

oh, and Hersley recalled as well

Old
03-27-2009, 06:06 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Faa View Post
Anyone going the STH Town Hall meeting tonight before the game?
I'm not an STH so, no, but what on earth could be said at this meeting? It's not as if it's a surprise that the team is moving.

Old
03-27-2009, 09:40 PM
pelts35.com

Phantoms get shutout, but so does Binghamton.

Phantoms trail Bingo by 6 points and have a game in hand.

Old
03-27-2009, 10:47 PM
catchthesun

I was excited to see Kempe in the lineup tonight. I haven't kept tight tabs on the guy admittedly, but knew who he was and what his skillset was.

He's smaller than I remembered and he's really mousy. He didn't have a horrible game (seemed to get pushed around alot but didn't make any egregious mistakes) and I only wish the Phantoms would be in Philly for longer than 6 more games so I could see him possibly develop there.

As for the STH party, I knew a few people that went. Nothing of huge importance was said. Luukko still can't/won't say where the Brooks Group is moving the team, but it seems likely that the affiliation will stay. Again, this is the AHL and half the crap you hear is hearsay but that's a few of my hopes: move them reasonably close and keep the affiliation.

The one thing that gets me PO'd is the fact that they waited until ~7 games left to speak with the STHs. I'm a game plan holder and couldn't go, but those that pre-paid for their tickets were screwed over all year. In a perfect world, you'd respect those people that have been there since Day 1. I guess not?

Oh, and that was a painfully boring game. I have heard that at the meeting today, it seemed like they didn't expect the team to make the playoffs. The team played like they were already done.

The Phantoms play again tomorrow and Sunday. I just hope they play with some life.

Last edited by catchthesun: 03-27-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old
03-27-2009, 11:16 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Did Lehtivouri play tonight? Or he's not over yet im guessing?

Old
03-28-2009, 12:14 AM
catchthesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Did Lehtivouri play tonight? Or he's not over yet im guessing?
Munroe was in goal with Aubin still backing up. No Lehtivuori yet.

Old
03-28-2009, 07:05 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthesun View Post
As for the STH party, I knew a few people that went. Nothing of huge importance was said. Luukko still can't/won't say where the Brooks Group is moving the team, but it seems likely that the affiliation will stay. Again, this is the AHL and half the crap you hear is hearsay but that's a few of my hopes: move them reasonably close and keep the affiliation.
One reason why Luukko can't say is because the Brooks group doesn't know yet. If you believe what you read it appears that the team, temporarily, will head to Glens Falls, NY. What will be more interesting is if the Lehigh Valley area can work out a plan for an arena for the 10-11 or 11-12 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthesun
The one thing that gets me PO'd is the fact that they waited until ~7 games left to speak with the STHs. I'm a game plan holder and couldn't go, but those that pre-paid for their tickets were screwed over all year. In a perfect world, you'd respect those people that have been there since Day 1. I guess not?
I would be PO'd as well. Regardless if you have a 40 game plan or a 10 game plan, if you have some sort of ticket package you should have been able to attend. Well, no use in complaining since the team won't be here next year any way.

Old
03-28-2009, 10:51 AM
catchthesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
One reason why Luukko can't say is because the Brooks group doesn't know yet. If you believe what you read it appears that the team, temporarily, will head to Glens Falls, NY. What will be more interesting is if the Lehigh Valley area can work out a plan for an arena for the 10-11 or 11-12 season.

I would be PO'd as well. Regardless if you have a 40 game plan or a 10 game plan, if you have some sort of ticket package you should have been able to attend. Well, no use in complaining since the team won't be here next year any way.
I know this. I know that there's been communication about the affiliation and whatnot, and nothing is set in stone. I just wish they would have thought this out better.

I guess us 16 game-plan holders don't count. Honestly kind of glad that I didn't have to sit through that hastily thrown together meeting. They don't care regardless, and just wanted to not look like *********. Too late.

I just noticed that I said "STH party"...oh wow. That sure counts as a fiesta.

Old
03-28-2009, 05:50 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
I know this. I know that there's been communication about the affiliation and whatnot, and nothing is set in stone. I just wish they would have thought this out better.
Unfortunately it just reinforces my opinion that NHL clubs really don't give as much thought to their AHL affiliates as fans of the team would like (whether it be where the team is actually located or the players that they supply). Having been a fan of the AHL now going 10 years, virtually nothing is set in stone and affiliation changes are typically the norm and not the exception.

The fact is that the Brooks Group will put the franchise somewhere, whether it be Glens Falls, NY or elsewhere remains to be seen.

Old
03-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Looks like the Phantoms got a big 7-4 win tonight. Rob Siriani with a hat trick. Who is this character? Never heard of him.

Old
03-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Flyersfan1216

Journey man career AHL'er.

Happy to see the phantoms win. Hope they sneak in the playoffs

Old
03-28-2009, 11:22 PM
catchthesun

Quote:
Unfortunately it just reinforces my opinion that NHL clubs really don't give as much thought to their AHL affiliates as fans of the team would like (whether it be where the team is actually located or the players that they supply). Having been a fan of the AHL now going 10 years, virtually nothing is set in stone and affiliation changes are typically the norm and not the exception.

The fact is that the Brooks Group will put the franchise somewhere, whether it be Glens Falls, NY or elsewhere remains to be seen.
You're right. I'm relatively new to the minor league "scene", and it's saddening because the team is full of great guys with great potential. Too bad no one cares.

Absolutely, but I wonder why a group that has a stake in the baby Pens would bother with the Phantoms. As long as they're not in the middle of nowhere and relatively accessible, people (including myself) will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick van Riemsdyk View Post
Looks like the Phantoms got a big 7-4 win tonight. Rob Siriani with a hat trick. Who is this character? Never heard of him.
Sirianni got a PTO a while back. He came from our ECHL affiliate, the Mississippi Seawolves. He was a great addition and obviously stuck to the roster. Poor Billy Ryan didn't. Anyway, he plays a solid game and seems to be well-liked by the team. Could he get a call-up? Maybe, but I'd call up a few people before him (all of the RWs on the team are pretty solid.)

Late, late edit:

The Phantoms won obviously, and the baby Sens won in SO, so the Phantoms are still 6 points back with 2 games in hand. Here's to hoping.

Last edited by catchthesun: 03-29-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old
03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
avsgirl621

Quote:

Sirianni got a PTO a while back. He came from our ECHL affiliate, the Mississippi Seawolves. He was a great addition and obviously stuck to the roster.
Both Billy Ryan and Rob Sirianni came from the wheeling nailers and not mississippi seawolves

Old
03-30-2009, 12:31 AM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Phantoms with another big win today. From what I understand, they're now only 4 points behind the Sens, with 1 game still in hand. They've got 7 games to go in the season, so they can absolutely still finish strong, and make their way into the playoffs.

Here's to hoping that JVR is signed to an ATO, and in the Phantoms lineup, by their next game on Wednesday. I think, ideally, JVR gets to play out the 7 games on the season, helping the Phantoms into a successful playoff run.

Old
03-30-2009, 02:48 AM
catchthesun

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsgirl621 View Post
Both Billy Ryan and Rob Sirianni came from the wheeling nailers and not mississippi seawolves
Thank you for the correction. I don't really follow prospects that weren't drafted by the Flyers.
I figured that since the affiliation with the Nailers was broken off, they had come from the Seawolves. Lots of players given PTOs came from there. Oh well.

Anyways, I missed the game today but am glad to hear that the Phantoms did not lose the game in hand that they had.

Curry fell on Kempe last night (Saturday to me) and limped to the bench. Luckily, he wasn't hurt. Kid is FAST.

Oh, and both Sirianni and Matsumoto have 4 pts. in 2 games. Congrats to both of them!

Old
03-30-2009, 01:07 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick van Riemsdyk View Post
Phantoms with another big win today. From what I understand, they're now only 4 points behind the Sens, with 1 game still in hand. They've got 7 games to go in the season, so they can absolutely still finish strong, and make their way into the playoffs.

Here's to hoping that JVR is signed to an ATO, and in the Phantoms lineup, by their next game on Wednesday. I think, ideally, JVR gets to play out the 7 games on the season, helping the Phantoms into a successful playoff run.
You are correct that the Phantoms are 4 points back and have a game in hand.

Old
03-30-2009, 01:10 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
You're right. I'm relatively new to the minor league "scene", and it's saddening because the team is full of great guys with great potential. Too bad no one cares.
BTW, I spoke with a STH acquaintance of mine and he told me that although any questions could be asked, virtually none were answered, including where the team would be next season and since ticket prices were dropped midway through the season why STH's, who paid more, won't be refunded the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchthesun
Absolutely, but I wonder why a group that has a stake in the baby Pens would bother with the Phantoms. As long as they're not in the middle of nowhere and relatively accessible, people (including myself) will follow.
It has nothing to do with hockey and strictly business.

Old
03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
catchthesun

Quote:
BTW, I spoke with a STH acquaintance of mine and he told me that although any questions could be asked, virtually none were answered, including where the team would be next season and since ticket prices were dropped midway through the season why STH's, who paid more, won't be refunded the difference.

It has nothing to do with hockey and strictly business.
I am friends with plenty of STHs, and I heard that Luukko even went into this long huzzah about the history of the Phantoms...like the STHs didn't know this already. Of course they're going to evade everything - they made a mistake with regards to their fanbase and they realized it way too late.

I also heard that a few people in one of the two meeting they had actually relayed how the fanbase really felt. That was also evaded.

It's a business, I get it. But don't just clown your 12-year old fanbase.

Old
03-31-2009, 09:15 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
I am friends with plenty of STHs, and I heard that Luukko even went into this long huzzah about the history of the Phantoms...like the STHs didn't know this already. Of course they're going to evade everything - they made a mistake with regards to their fanbase and they realized it way too late.

I also heard that a few people in one of the two meeting they had actually relayed how the fanbase really felt. That was also evaded.

It's a business, I get it. But don't just clown your 12-year old fanbase.
I completely agree with you. I used to be a STH and one of the reasons why I gave them up is that I always felt like the organization treated their STHs like garbage.

Frankly I don't even understand why they held such a meeting.

Old
04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
pelts35.com

Very big game tonight for the Phantoms against a non-playoff team Albany at home while Bingo visits WB/S.

Old
04-01-2009, 08:12 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

3-2 Phantoms are losing. Dont know who scored the second goal.

Closed Thread