HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

In need of rbk 5k 2007 inline skates

Old
03-28-2009, 08:41 PM
whitey382

vCash: 500
In need of rbk 5k 2007 inline skates

Hey guys, new to the forum. I need a new pair of inline skates and realized the rbk 5k's are the perfect skate for me. Anyone know where I can find a pair in 10d. I already have tried the usual sources, hockey giant, hockey monkey, inline warehouse, google search. Any help would be appreciated.

whitey

whitey382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 09:11 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Well, the current model has the same fit as the 2007s, why don't you try those?

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:49 AM
whitey382

already did, the fit is similar but no where the same. the way the boot is positioned on the new boot sits back a little a further so I feeling like i'm falling backwards all the time. it's just what i've gotten used to, love my 07's

Old
03-29-2009, 01:58 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey382 View Post
already did, the fit is similar but no where the same. the way the boot is positioned on the new boot sits back a little a further so I feeling like i'm falling backwards all the time. it's just what i've gotten used to, love my 07's
Sounds like you're saying the fit of the boot is the same, but the holder position is slightly different.

That's probably an issue with the chassis or wheel setup, not the boot. Try having a shop put your old holders on your new skates.

But you're not gonna find a pair. It's close to impossible to find a pair in a specific size of even the previous year- a 2 year old skate will not exist, especially because they're priced to move after they're replaced the first time.

The only change to the boot on that skate should be the new one having a composite footbed. Unless they're doing something crazy with roller that they're not doing with ice.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 11:17 AM
whitey382

trust me, the boot fits different too, yes it does sit different on the chassis but the fit of the boot is a little off too. I'm slightly more optimistic, i believe I will find what i'm looking for. anyone who has useful posts i would greatly appreciate it.