HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings 1st Rounder

Old
03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
So nothing short of Ovechkin, Kovalchuck or Iginla will land the Kings 1st round pick?

Methinks you overrate that pick a bit. Tops you would get is a third liner, decent prospect and a lower first rounder. You're not going to get even a 30 goal guy for a 6-9 pick.

Think of it this way. Would you be able to get a guy nearly that good with that pick? That's a pretty resounding NO. So, you're overvaluing the pick.
? Did you even read my post? I said that the only way LA would trade the pick would be in a package for a 50 goal caliber winger. I didn't say trade the pick straight up for Iginla... I didn't overvalue the pick. It is worth a lot more to a rebuilding team right now to keep than to trade, but the only way LA lets go of theirs is if a truly gifted player was on the table, he is moderately young (beneath age 30), and has 2 years or more left on his contract. Of course they would throw more into the deal... But that is the only way they would trade the pick. A package for a superstar. Thus, now we come back to the whole point of my post was that they are not trading the pick but selecting a player >.<

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Fripp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
true at the same salary or close salaries I could agree to this. But this is the biggest fact who would you rather have:

Heatley - 50 Goals - 100 Pts
or
Brown - 30 Goals - 60 pts
Justin Williams - 30 Goals - 60 points
It blows my mind when people compare two players to one ... you ice five at a time - you don't get six if they aren't as good.

Anyone who wouldn't trade Brown straight up for Heatley is either a raging Kings homer or has a fetish for the hits stat. Brown's hockey smarts always have been and always will be ... iffy.

Fripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post
It blows my mind when people compare two players to one ... you ice five at a time - you don't get six if they aren't as good.
Thank you.

I would rather have 1 game breaking superstar than 2 second line players. Im not saying Brown is a second line player

Karlssonlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 02:22 AM
CM-

Quote:

Anyone who wouldn't trade Brown straight up for Heatley is either a raging Kings homer or has a fetish for the hits stat. Brown's hockey smarts always have been and always will be ... iffy.
I was comparing they damn salaries my point was that Williams and Brown's contracts both are around equal to Heatley's contract and in a cap world you can compare two people production to one... as they cost the same.

So this is my point would you rather have 2 players produce more than 1 person at the same cost which then allows you to spend more on other area's to improve balance or your team or just have 1 superstar. I am not a "raging Kings homer" in fact barring Kopitar and Stoll I don't like the Kings...

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 02:32 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
? Did you even read my post? I said that the only way LA would trade the pick would be in a package for a 50 goal caliber winger. I didn't say trade the pick straight up for Iginla... I didn't overvalue the pick. It is worth a lot more to a rebuilding team right now to keep than to trade, but the only way LA lets go of theirs is if a truly gifted player was on the table, he is moderately young (beneath age 30), and has 2 years or more left on his contract. Of course they would throw more into the deal... But that is the only way they would trade the pick. A package for a superstar. Thus, now we come back to the whole point of my post was that they are not trading the pick but selecting a player >.<
Yes, I did read your post, but I phrased my response wrong.

You're saying you wouldn't take Pat Kane, Eric Staal, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Mike Richards, Tomas Vanek, Jonathan Toews, Marion Hossa, Pavel Datsuk, Henrik Zetterburg.... do you get where I'm going with this? 50 goals is a ridiculous standard. Any sane person who was given a chance to trade a 7-10ish 1st rounder for any one of these guys straight up would do it in a heartbeat, especally a GM trying to build a team. Every single one of those guys would be great to built a team around.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 02:45 AM
funky

Quote:

I would trade Brown for Heatley and I really like Brown. Heatley however is a top 1st line talent while Brown is a great 2nd line talent that has a nice little niche in he hits everything.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 03:50 AM
4ndr3y*

Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
If only he had said something like, "I already know that you guys wont." Oh wait, he did!
Well it's not even funny to suggest something like that, I mean again to offer Cogliano for a top10 pick

Counter-offer: Kings 7th rounder for Sam Gagner since you newer know, there might be a Zetterberg or Datsjuk in the 7th round

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 03:56 AM
Laterade

Mason Raymond
VAN 2nd

for

LA 1st

Laterade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 10:35 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Where is this "known"?
Lowe has mentioned it a few times. We were chasing Cammy at last years draft and it fell through because we wouldn't give up Cogs. And the Lubo deal also almost fell through as well because we wouldn't put Cogs on the table. But if you don't want to believe, feel free, as it doesn't matter an iota to me. We aren't likely going to be offering up Cogs to move up to 7-10 spots.

Frankly I think you guys should keep the pick, or try to package it and Frolov for a one shot scorer like Heatley or Kovalchuk

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 11:03 AM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
On the Kings site, only Army, Kopitar, and Stoll are listed as centers. And I'd much rather Kelly on my 3rd line than Army. And that's the point, I wouldn't give up a whole lot to move up like 3-5 spaces in a ridiculously deep draft.
Despite it being a very deep draft, moving from double digits to just outside the top 5 is a big move.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
How about Gilbert + 1st rounder for King's first rounder?

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Spence334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Dany Heatley
Alexander Picard
Columbus's 2nd round pick 2009 (Vermette deal)

for

Oscar Moller
Jonathon Bernier
Jack Johnson
1st round pick in 2009

But rather give up

Heatley
Conditional 3rd if Heatey hits 50 goals
For

1st rounder
Thomas Hickey

Spence334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence334 View Post
But rather give up

Heatley
For

1st rounder
Thomas Hickey
What?

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
But rather give up

Heatley
For

1st rounder
Thomas Hickey
No.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Mattias

Quote:
But rather give up

Heatley
For

1st rounder
Thomas Hickey
Yeowch.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:23 PM
SiouxPride

keep the pick,
Kadri? Schenn? Kassian ? ill take that over loosing alot for Heatley.
and even if throw afew so someone dont pick Douchey ?

SiouxPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:30 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
On the Kings site, only Army, Kopitar, and Stoll are listed as centers. And I'd much rather Kelly on my 3rd line than Army. And that's the point, I wouldn't give up a whole lot to move up like 3-5 spaces in a ridiculously deep draft.
And Kings fans would much rather have Handzus on the 3rd line than Kelly. Armstrong hasnt seen 3rd line time at all this year. When hes played hes been on the 4th.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:34 PM
kingpest19

Quote:

You're saying you wouldn't take Pat Kane, Eric Staal, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Mike Richards, Tomas Vanek, Jonathan Toews, Marion Hossa, Pavel Datsuk, Henrik Zetterburg.... do you get where I'm going with this? 50 goals is a ridiculous standard. Any sane person who was given a chance to trade a 7-10ish 1st rounder for any one of these guys straight up would do it in a heartbeat, especally a GM trying to build a team. Every single one of those guys would be great to built a team around.
He just said he would trade the pick for a top guy but knows its going to have to be as part of a package.

Old
03-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
And Kings fans would much rather have Handzus on the 3rd line than Kelly. Armstrong hasnt seen 3rd line time at all this year. When hes played hes been on the 4th.
And my point was, I looked on the L.A Kings official website, and they had Handzus listed as a Left Winger, which was the entire basis of Kelly being of value to the Kings.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:

Every single one of those guys is of 50 goal scoring "caliber." I think any one of those guys has the ability to pot 50 if they had the right people feeding them. The whole point I am trying to get at is LA isn't trading the pick unless a superstar is involved... Read any way you like, or spin it around any way you like, but you aren't getting the pick unless you let loose of you best player for a package that includes the pick.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loktionov View Post
Well it's not even funny to suggest something like that, I mean again to offer Cogliano for a top10 pick
Wow. LA fans really read what they want to read and see what they want to see.

The Cogliano proposal was with a 15th overall pick for Boyle and the 7th overall. If you need help with the math there, that's moving back 8 spots ( as well as giving up a giant, who happens to be a giant question mark) in order to gain a proven young player who is without question one of the 5 fastest players in the league who has nearly reached 20 goals in each of his first 2 seasons in a 3rd line role.

And Matt Foley, tell me where I said Cogliano was as good as Kane. Someone said the Kings have no interest in smallish forwards. Pat Kane is a small forward. Therefore, by that logic, the Kings would have no interest in Kane. I'm not asking you to be a professor of Deductive Reasoning, just read man

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Wow. LA fans really read what they want to read and see what they want to see.

The Cogliano proposal was with a 15th overall pick for Boyle and the 7th overall. If you need help with the math there, that's moving back 8 spots ( as well as giving up a giant, who happens to be a giant question mark) in order to gain a proven young player who is without question one of the 5 fastest players in the league who has nearly reached 20 goals in each of his first 2 seasons in a 3rd line role.

And Matt Foley, tell me where I said Cogliano was as good as Kane. Someone said the Kings have no interest in smallish forwards. Pat Kane is a small forward. Therefore, by that logic, the Kings would have no interest in Kane. I'm not asking you to be a professor of Deductive Reasoning, just read man
It's fun to make generalizations, it's especially fun to make them after you misunderstand what you've read. Lok was referring to the proposed Cogs and 2nd for Kings' 1st. So, Roof, I'm not asking you to be a professor of Deductive Reasoning, just read man

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 06:44 PM
kingpest19

Quote:
And my point was, I looked on the L.A Kings official website, and they had Handzus listed as a Left Winger, which was the entire basis of Kelly being of value to the Kings.
Have no idea why hes listed as a winger when until the last few games hes been playing center all season. With all the centers the Kings have Kelly has no real value to them.

Old
03-29-2009, 07:01 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Scoring wingers would be a good start.

Is Gionta and NJ1 for LA1 and LA4 in the ballpark?

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Martyros

Quote:
But rather give up

Heatley
For

1st rounder
Thomas Hickey
so we don't get the 3rd if he doesn't score 50 goals?

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote