HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds @ Wings , 29.03.2009 - 5 PM(FS-TN (HD),FS-D+)

Old
03-29-2009, 07:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
I know everyone talks about Cal O'Reilly never having an honest shot of making one of our teams because of our center depth, but he has looked like by far our best call-up on both occasions this year. Light years better than even Pihlstrom or Hornqvist, and better than Santorelli as well. I would love to see Bonk cut loose this summer, and O'Reilly centering our third line next season.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I know everyone talks about Cal O'Reilly never having an honest shot of making one of our teams because of our center depth, but he has looked like by far our best call-up on both occasions this year. Light years better than even Pihlstrom or Hornqvist, and better than Santorelli as well. I would love to see Bonk cut loose this summer, and O'Reilly centering our third line next season.
I was actually talking last night with a couple people about the possibility of making him our second line center next season with Legwand moving to the wing with Erat on the other flank.

Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Legwand - O'Reilly - Erat

Not a bad top-six by our standards...Wilson, if he turns pro, centers a line with Jones and another winger to create a two-way bottom-six line and Colin also sees PP time to keep up his minutes and we round out the lineup with a checking unit.

I like it...for the moment...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 07:51 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Heatley View Post
Win !

If it wasn't my GDT , this come-back would not have happened . Kidding aside, great team work by the Preds . They are fun to watch

Hopefully you guys don't have anything against me speding some time on your board for this playoff push . I really like the Preds and want them go all the way in the West.
Predator fans love it when other fans hang around and get an honest look at our organization and fan base. Usually helps dispel a myth or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
FYI, tradition is that if you start the GDT and the team wins...you start the next GDT and continue until we don't win. See you Tuesday!
Haha, now your stuck with us.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 08:15 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
FYI, tradition is that if you start the GDT and the team wins...you start the next GDT and continue until we don't win. See you Tuesday!
Amen...

I still cant believe we won with the players that were not in the lineup AND ALSO because Erat (whom has been rumored to have a fractured leg -- out 3-4 weeks)

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 08:22 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Win !

If it wasn't my GDT , this come-back would not have happened . Kidding aside, great team work by the Preds . They are fun to watch

Hopefully you guys don't have anything against me speding some time on your board for this playoff push . I really like the Preds and want them go all the way in the West.
No problem at all, in fact several playoffs ago the Sens and Preds had formed a coalition, which didn't work out as planned but at least there was some good camaraderie between fans of both teams.
(See http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ight=coalition and http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ight=coalition)

Thanks for starting the GDT and yep, you better start the next one!

Last edited by golfmade: 03-29-2009 at 08:27 PM.
golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 08:25 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Ward = the North American Vladimir Orszagh. Love him.
1) I miss Orszagh, still have his playoff goal diving head first into the post emblazoned into my head.
2) Never looked at it like that but great comparison. Every game I've seen (which is not many this season) I've been really impressed with him.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 10:25 PM
predfan24

Quote:
For everyone blaming Weber, if he was the one that shot the puck that struck Legwand, it has been reported multiple times that the shot was deflected into Legwand's face.

Today, Erat got hit by a puck about 12" off the ice, right where you want defensemen to be shooting.

Weber is not reckless. He does not shoot high and out of control. Lay off bashing Weber's shot...
Slake, I wasn't blaming Weber for the injuries. Stuff happens. It is a fast game. I just can't believe our luck at this time in the year. Not only are players dropping like flys but they are also our top end players.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 10:30 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I wouldn't mind having Bonk back next year and letting Fids and Nichol go. O'reily has been great but can he really center a 3rd or 4th checking/energy line?

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 02:28 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Awesome win! Bad break about Erat, but the rest of the guys stepped up and got it done.

Suter, what a shot! What a pass by Sully, with Zetterberg drapped on his back he somehow keeps the puck in at the blueline and makes a great behind the back pass to Suter.

Seriously though, all 4 goals were good hard work and smart plays. And from putting guys in front of the net and battling for the goal!

A little trouble in the 2nd with penalties and they were obviously tired, but they came out with a lot more energy and determination in the third and got the win.

Way to tough it out and just leave it all out there!!

Quote:
Jerred "Lemieux" Smithson!!!

Great play by O'Reilly to bat that out of the air, intercept the pass by Detroit to negate the high-stick, and then make a beautiful pass to Lemieux for the goal!!!

O'Reilly has elite level playmaking skills...
I honestly never saw the high stick until about the third or fourth replay and I was thinking we got away with one, but now that you said that, I do remember the Wing player getting a stick on it. So that was a Really good goal!

Quote:
Win !

Nice visitors are always welcome. Just remember that we're in the Central Time Zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
1) I miss Orszagh, still have his playoff goal diving head first into the post emblazoned into my head.
2) Never looked at it like that but great comparison. Every game I've seen (which is not many this season) I've been really impressed with him.
That Orszagh goal is probably one of the best goals ever scored by a Pred.

About Ward: He is probably the only player all year that I have never heard someone complain about. Almost every game someone at the arena is saying how much they love him and hope we can re-sign him. I really hope he gets to 20 goals, he only needs 3 more! He could totally do it since we're going to need more offense from everyone with our injuries starting to mount.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:42 AM
RollingPredFan

Well you gotta love this team. Erat goes down, they are gassed, they looked dead tired in the 2nd... They fall behind. I figured oh well maybe we can regroup and get a few bodies back and make a final push to get in, then I look up and bam we get 2 goals... Then they tie it and I said well a point is good too... Then Suter... It's hard to believe really... well it was a huge win, and no its nowhere near over and we are still on a uphill climb, but I'm proud of them and the coaching staff no matter Go Preds

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:36 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
I was actually talking last night with a couple people about the possibility of making him our second line center next season with Legwand moving to the wing with Erat on the other flank.

Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Legwand - O'Reilly - Erat

Not a bad top-six by our standards...Wilson, if he turns pro, centers a line with Jones and another winger to create a two-way bottom-six line and Colin also sees PP time to keep up his minutes and we round out the lineup with a checking unit.

I like it...for the moment...
I'd swap Sullivan and Legwand. While Erat and Leggy play pretty well together, he plays better with Sullivan (and doesn't keep the puck to himself). I also really like O'Reilly feeding Sully and Erat.

Legwand playing wing to Arnott worked well when tried, and I'd like to see it given another shot.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Anybody got a youtube link for the Orszagh goal?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 10:28 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
that Orszagh goal is one of the top memorable goals in team history. I wish I had a vid of it as well.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Next game I predict a 2-0 game for the preds, Sully and Dumont, and by that I mean they get injured.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

Quote:
That's great. I can't wait for it and hopefully the wins will keep coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Predator fans love it when other fans hang around and get an honest look at our organization and fan base. Usually helps dispel a myth or two.
That's so true . As a Sens fan imagine what is like to always be in the shadow of big hockey markets like Toronto or Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
No problem at all, in fact several playoffs ago the Sens and Preds had formed a coalition, which didn't work out as planned but at least there was some good camaraderie between fans of both teams.
(See http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ight=coalition and http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...ight=coalition)

Thanks for starting the GDT and yep, you better start the next one!
Yeah, I know about it and I was impressed because of my little story which I will share after I say thanks to all of you.

Quote:
Nice visitors are always welcome. Just remember that we're in the Central Time Zone.
Yes I will and thanks for the comments guys

Now back to my little story. When I really started watching hockey I wanted to cheer for a relatively new founded team with a cool name and a good looking jersey . I wanted a team which is placed in a small market with not a very large fan-base(I was sick of Detroit ,Toronto fans ..well you get the idea) . The teams I was really fond of were Ottawa from the East and Nashville from the West. I picked Ottawa because I like Canada and at that time Hasek and Chara were playing there.

Over the years I've ignored Nashville and I feel sorry right now..I decided to watch again and cheer hard on them to make it this year and beyond

This year in playoff will be all about Flyers in the East and Preds in the West

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 12:38 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
I thought we'd finally bucked that tradition.

Sports fans are too superstitious.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
That's great. I can't wait for it and hopefully the wins will keep coming

That's so true . As a Sens fan imagine what is like to always be in the shadow of big hockey markets like Toronto or Montreal

Yeah, I know about it and I was impressed because of my little story which I will share after I say thanks to all of you.

Yes I will and thanks for the comments guys

Now back to my little story. When I really started watching hockey I wanted to cheer for a relatively new founded team with a cool name and a good looking jersey . I wanted a team which is placed in a small market with not a very large fan-base(I was sick of Detroit ,Toronto fans ..well you get the idea) . The teams I was really fond of were Ottawa from the East and Nashville from the West. I picked Ottawa because I like Canada and at that time Hasek and Chara were playing there.

Over the years I've ignored Nashville and I feel sorry right now..I decided to watch again and cheer hard on them to make it this year and beyond

This year in playoff will be all about Flyers in the East and Preds in the West

yup dude really need to get over your self

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 02:31 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Ive had chicken nachos for dinner bfore the past 3 wins, maybe that is the real power behind this playoff push!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

That tradition went to the wayside. WOF does a fantastic job on the GDTs and I hope he continues to post them whenever possible.