HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings 1st Rounder

Old
03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

vCash: 500
I'm thinking that 3rd is in the wrong spot, and that the KIngs would have to add the 3rd to Hickey and the 1st if Heatley scores 50.

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 12:03 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
What we need is a scoring threat.......
A real playmaking center or a goalscoring winger...
If the Player is good enough i wouldn't want a 1st rounder in return
Like O'Sullivan or Cammaleri?

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Sunfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Dany Heatley
Alexander Picard
Columbus's 2nd round pick 2009 (Vermette deal)

for

Oscar Moller
Jonathon Bernier
Jack Johnson
1st round pick in 2009
Aside from LA moving Brown I would alter this deal a little and drop Bernier. Bernier is not far off to playing in the NHL and could cause a log jam with Elliott in the waiting. I would be more inclined to look for another goalie who can play in the AHL for a couple of more years before being ready for the bigs.

Dany Heatley

for

Oscar Moller or Teddy Purcell
Jack Johnson
1st round pick in 2009

Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Zal

Quote:
The Kings will draft arround #6-9 and hionestly there is not really what we need.
So, for the case Lombardi wants to trade down...

What would he get ???
It's not what we need? Why do you say that? If MSP is available at #6 you wouldn't take him? I certainly would, and I'd bet dollars to donuts DL would too.

Yes, I'm aware there's a good chance he won't be available., but if..

Last edited by Zal: 03-30-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
Aside from LA moving Brown I would alter this deal a little and drop Bernier. Bernier is not far off to playing in the NHL and could cause a log jam with Elliott in the waiting. I would be more inclined to look for another goalie who can play in the AHL for a couple of more years before being ready for the bigs.

Dany Heatley

for

Oscar Moller or Teddy Purcell
Jack Johnson
1st round pick in 2009
Kings would probably do this. Or they could include Frolov instead of Johnson and the Sens could re-sign Frolov as Heatley's replacement.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 11:29 AM
potsie03

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlehnds View Post
I am a huge kings fan.. I mean huge fan... and what you just said there is ridiculous. If you were a Dean Lombardi and you got that offer you would take it in a heartbeat. I am usually just a lookyloo on the boards and I felt this needed a reply.
Yeah I agree.

Heatley > Brown

potsie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsie03 View Post
Yeah I agree.

Heatley > Brown
Overall speaking, yes, but Brown provides multiple services to a team Heatley can't and won't.

1) 3rd in hits
2) grinds
3) scores
4) captains a young team

Heatley is pretty much your garden variety goal scorer. Don't get me wrong here, the guy is unbelievable. I'd love to have him on the Kings, as would any team, but Brown is an instrumental piece for the Kings' future. What I'm getting at is they're completely different types of players, playing a huge roll for their respective club.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 11:59 AM
SFKingshomer

DL won't trade a 1st after the whole Marchment for Lecavalier debacle.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 12:25 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
What has O'Sullivan done? He's a 20 goal/50 pt. perimeter player that's been replaced by Purcell. Cammy is doing great but it was a matter of time before he was traded after his feud with DL.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 01:27 PM
rajuabju

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
What has O'Sullivan done? He's a 20 goal/50 pt. perimeter player that's been replaced by Purcell. Cammy is doing great but it was a matter of time before he was traded after his feud with DL.
Feud? You mean wanting to be paid for his superb production?

I'm pretty sure Heatley and Kovy and any other scoring winger who puts up PPG numbers is also gonna want to get paid.

Regardless, I am in total agreement the Kings need to add 1, maybe even 2, offensive threats if they want to take the next step forward. But DL needs to be willing to pony up the cashola

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Oh please. O'Sullivan is a "real scoring threat"? I like the guy, wish him well and wasn't happy he was traded but the guy was not playing well. Blame it on the system, sophomore slump or whatever excuse we want to make up, he wasn't producing. You are saying the addition of Williams and the subtraction of O'Sullivan will result in a net loss of goals?

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 03-30-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 02:29 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 950
To NYI:
Kings 09 first

To LA:
SJ 09 first
NYI and Toronto 2009 second rounders
Boston 2nd 09 or NYI 3rd 09

WangMustGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 02:37 PM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
So nothin You're not going to get even a 30 goal guy for a 6-9 pick.
Really? We got Justin Williams for the 56th pick in O'Sullivan

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4morecups View Post
To NYI:
Kings 09 first

To LA:
SJ 09 first
No. There isnt even a piss-poor prospect you can try to justify giving a roster spot to.

Offers with players are what the Kings want, offers involving only draft picks are not. We want to upgrade the current roster, not prolong the rebuild.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Kings would probably do this. Or they could include Frolov instead of Johnson and the Sens could re-sign Frolov as Heatley's replacement.
Personally, I'd rather take Johnson than Frolov. I see more upside in Johnson (more risk too) and I really do want Ottawa to build a brilliant D roster and Johnson would certainty help there!

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4morecups View Post
To NYI:
Kings 09 first

To LA:
SJ 09 first
The sense of trading down some spots was to get a good player, not to give up a good draft for many poor draftpicks.
The question was....... the players arround spot 6-7 are not really what we need. So we try to get something what we need with that pick.
How is your idea helping us out ???????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:35 PM
KingsFan323

How about we sign Marian Hossa to a multi year deal with the whopping cap room that no one else has. Marian Hossa will most likely win the Stanley Cup this year with the Wings,,,and the Wings will not be able to re-sign him as they have stated that they will work on Franzen's contract before Hossa's. Hossa will look somewhere else that will offer him millions of dollars that he deserves, and LA won't be that bad of a place for him.

With that said, we should sign Hossa and keep the 6th pick! Draft the remaining of either MSP, Schenn, Duchene, or Kane. We will be stacked for the future.

KingsFan323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan323 View Post
How about we sign Marian Hossa to a multi year deal with the whopping cap room that no one else has. Marian Hossa will most likely win the Stanley Cup this year with the Wings,,,and the Wings will not be able to re-sign him as they have stated that they will work on Franzen's contract before Hossa's. Hossa will look somewhere else that will offer him millions of dollars that he deserves, and LA won't be that bad of a place for him.

With that said, we should sign Hossa and keep the 6th pick! Draft the remaining of either MSP, Schenn, Duchene, or Kane. We will be stacked for the future.
yeahh.. kind of my idea.........
I'm a whole life Kingfs fan and i saw what a trade can do to a team (Gretzky)
So, i like the idea of getting the right people at the UFA market and if there is are no right people don't trade or sign.
I would like to see Gaborik with a short contract.
Or even Hossa with a longer one.
Depends what he is asking for.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
yeahh.. kind of my idea.........
I'm a whole life Kingfs fan and i saw what a trade can do to a team (Gretzky)
So, i like the idea of getting the right people at the UFA market and if there is are no right people don't trade or sign.
I would like to see Gaborik with a short contract.
Or even Hossa with a longer one.
Depends what he is asking for.
So now all you need is the stars to align so that a criminal owner sells the best player in the game because his business ventures outside of hockey explode on impact. Then you need to find another criminal to own your team and purchase the best player in the game with profits from his criminal activity.

Uhh, outside of Pocklington's scrambling to save his own ass (which I celebrated when this ******* was finally arrested) and selling the best player of all time, then selling the greatest leader and 2nd highest scoring player in history for a rumored combined 33million, we will never see a deal/deals like those again.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Rights to Franzen (30-40 goal scorer)
Hudler (60-70 pts and hes young with time to develop)
Lebda (A severicable puckmoving defenseman who can be 5-7,)
Howard (Goalie Prospect who we wont have room for next season so he will probably go on waivers anyways)

For LAK 1st

Thats seems pretty fair and thats alos tons of PO experience. And you can switch Hudler with Filpulla if youd prefer a center.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
Rights to Franzen (30-40 goal scorer)
Hudler (60-70 pts and hes young with time to develop)
Lebda (A severicable puckmoving defenseman who can be 5-7,)
Howard (Goalie Prospect who we wont have room for next season so he will probably go on waivers anyways)

For LAK 1st

Thats seems pretty fair and thats alos tons of PO experience. And you can switch Hudler with Filpulla if youd prefer a center.
I don't think we're going to see a better offer than that.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 10:27 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
Really? We got Justin Williams for the 56th pick in O'Sullivan
O'Sullivan has been developed. He's a known commodity and an NHL regular. Picks are less reliable and of less value then a proven player. Once a player has been developed they're worth more then an unproven quantity.

Do you think you could get an allstar, say, Martin St. Louis, for just a second round pick in this upcoming draft?

If you do, you need more help then I thought.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 11:44 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Oh please. O'Sullivan is a "real scoring threat"? I like the guy, wish him well and wasn't happy he was traded but the guy was not playing well. Blame it on the system, sophomore slump or whatever excuse we want to make up, he wasn't producing. You are saying the addition of Williams and the subtraction of O'Sullivan will result in a net loss of goals?
Downplay him all you want but Sully is a proven scorer. We don't need to make up any excuses since those WERE all part of the problem. Second year player being in the doghouse of a system. You goofballs were saying the same thing about Cammy last year. Why is it ok with some fans that the Kings force out players the second they get to a point where they should makes some money? DL has a history of this ******** and AEG has a history of not giving a **** about winning. LA fans have a history of being gullable and not giving a flying ****.

EDIT: BTW, most of this was directed towards SFKingsHomer's comment and not yours.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 03:28 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You are on crack if you think LA is giving up their 1st for anything short of Kovalchuk + contract extension (and obviously a lot more coming from LA with it...). And since that is next to impossible, I am going to go with LA is not trading their first rounder. LA will almost certainly select a player. Ron Hextall mentioned the other day that Dean is already well on top of it and has stated again this year that "we are going to get a good player no matter what." Anything short of a superstar winger that could potentially pot 50 goals per season and you can forget LA's first rounder.
wow talk about overating a first. You won't trade your first unless your getting a potential 50 goal scorer already in the NHL. You do realize there is only one player in the NHL with 50 goals and 3 guys with 40. Aside from Tavares no one has the potential in the draft to reach those numbers and he's unlikely to get there anytime soon. Really get a clue. I'm not saying you should trade your first but these expectations are very unrealistic. You could get an impact winger or center but definately not to the extent your looking for.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
wow talk about overating a first. You won't trade your first unless your getting a potential 50 goal scorer already in the NHL. You do realize there is only one player in the NHL with 50 goals and 3 guys with 40. Aside from Tavares no one has the potential in the draft to reach those numbers and he's unlikely to get there anytime soon. Really get a clue. I'm not saying you should trade your first but these expectations are very unrealistic. You could get an impact winger or center but definately not to the extent your looking for.
I'm quite familiar with Telos, and I can guarantee you he's not living in fantasy world. He meant the Kings won't trade the 1st unless it's part of a bigger deal to acquire Kovalchuk.

So basically what he's saying, and I agree, is that there's no point in the Kings trading their first unless they are going to get a franchise type player in return. This team is still VERY young and growing. It is not going to help us one bit to trade the first away for a 2nd line left wing or a number 3 dman. No, we need a guy who can become another cornerstone of this franchise. So why would we not try the cheapest way to add that player? The draft.

It is very possible that with our 1st in the 09 draft that we could draft a player that could be even better than Kovalchuk. Maybe not as talented, but better. If the Kings franchise continues to set it sights low, the Kings franchise will stay exactly where it has been for the last 15 years.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote