HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OHL Conference Coach's Poll: PK Subban

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
  #26
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
For those that are interested in the other half of the OHL Coach's poll, Western Conference results:

Western Conference:

Most Underrated Player
Matt Kennedy, Guelph (31)
Justin Taylor, London (27)
Chris Chappell, Saginaw (10)

Most Improved Player
Matt Hackett, Plymouth (39)
Chris Chappell, Saginaw (23)
Matt Clarke, London (12)

Smartest Player
Ryan Ellis, Windsor (30)
John Tavares, London (28 )
Justin DiBenedetto, Sarnia (10)

Hardest Worker
Matt Kennedy, Guelph (27)
Tyler Murovich, Saginaw tied Matt Martin, Sarnia (17)
Lane MacDermid, Windsor (12)

Best Playmaker
Joey Hishon, Owen Sound (31)
Andrei Loktionov, Windsor (22)
Ryan O’Reilly, Erie tied John Tavares, London (13)

Most Dangerous in Goal Area
John Tavares, London (45)
Justin DiBenedetto, Sarnia (15)
Chris Terry, Plymouth (14)

Best Skater
Taylor Hall, Windsor (39)
Mark Katic, Sarnia (29)
David Kolomatis, Owen Sound tied T.J Brodie, Saginaw (5)

Best Shot
John Carlson, London (27)
Ryan Ellis, Windsor (24)
Justin DiBenedetto, Sarnia (16)

Hardest Shot
John Carlson, London tied Ryan Ellis, Windsor (24)
Jamie Arniel, Sarnia (15)
Adam Comrie, Saginaw (12)

Best Stickhandler
Joey Hishon, Owen Sound (29)
Nazem Kadri, London (26)
Andrei Loktionov, Windsor (17)

Best on Face-Offs
Adam Henrique, Windsor (19)
Ryan O’Reilly, Erie (18 )
Marcus Carroll, Owen Sound (14)

Best Body Checker
Zac Rinaldo, London tied Matt Martin, Sarnia (26)
Luke Gazdic, Erie (12)
Kaine Geldart, Plymouth (11)

Best Defensive Forward
Scott Timmins, Windsor (39)
Matt Kennedy, Guelph (15)
Tyler Murovich, Saginaw (13)

Best Penalty Killer
Ryan O’Reilly, Erie (18 )
Matthew Lyall, Sault Ste. Marie (17)
Dan Kelly, Kitchener (13)

Best Offensive Defenceman
Ryan Ellis, Windsor (43)
Mark Katic, Sarnia (24)
David Kolomatis, Owen Sound tied T.J Brodie, Saginaw (10)

Best Defensive Defenceman
Brett Bellemore, Plymouth (20)
Dan Kelly, Kitchener (17)
Steve Ferry, Sarnia (15)

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 08:38 PM
  #27
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,296
vCash: 500
Thanks for the lists JrHockeyFan.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:30 PM
  #28
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 500
I have been happy with the Subban pick from day 1 and have been geting more excited about him all the time. He is going to be one hell of a defenceman for us for years. Bob better not trade this guy. Along with McDonough we have 2 really good D in the pipeline.

Weber is really good too, Thats a pretty good future core on the blueline. Throw in a couple other guys(Fisher,the Russians, Paquet, Pateryn etc) and we have a really good future on D.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 06:20 AM
  #29
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
You can never be sure with Junior draft picks, but I can say this much. Montreal managed to grab two of the better all around D men with an offensive flair out of the OHL. Weber and Subban are both top drawer talent.

Where a guy like Ellis will be drafted in his year is intriguing. His has all the credentials except size. Rumblings though that he is getting a bit of a swollen head

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 07:57 AM
  #30
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I have been happy with the Subban pick from day 1 and have been geting more excited about him all the time. He is going to be one hell of a defenceman for us for years. Bob better not trade this guy. Along with McDonough we have 2 really good D in the pipeline.

Weber is really good too, Thats a pretty good future core on the blueline. Throw in a couple other guys(Fisher,the Russians, Paquet, Pateryn etc) and we have a really good future on D.
Paquet apperently will not be signed by the Habs....Its really too bad because I find it hard to believe they woulden't sign this guy...I'm sure some other team will snap him up.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 08:03 AM
  #31
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
You can never be sure with Junior draft picks, but I can say this much. Montreal managed to grab two of the better all around D men with an offensive flair out of the OHL. Weber and Subban are both top drawer talent.

Where a guy like Ellis will be drafted in his year is intriguing. His has all the credentials except size. Rumblings though that he is getting a bit of a swollen head
How did Weber fair last year in these polls. I don't seem to recall.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 08:10 AM
  #32
sukimono
Registered User
 
sukimono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: PQ
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Thats a pretty good future core on the blueline. Throw in a couple other guys(Fisher,the Russians, Paquet, Pateryn etc) and we have a really good future on D.
Damn right. It's looking great on D. Add Mathieu Carle who's definitely NHL material and possibly Yemelin next year (hopefullyl!!)... lots of youngters that are going to benefit from playing with Markov, especially since we have lots of offensive defensmen coming.

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 09:08 AM
  #33
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Where a guy like Ellis will be drafted in his year is intriguing. His has all the credentials except size. Rumblings though that he is getting a bit of a swollen head
Don't worry, its a Windsor thing.

Jason Spezza got his ass kicked in Windsor bars for it. It's nothing new.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 09:12 AM
  #34
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
You can never be sure with Junior draft picks, but I can say this much. Montreal managed to grab two of the better all around D men with an offensive flair out of the OHL. Weber and Subban are both top drawer talent.

Where a guy like Ellis will be drafted in his year is intriguing. His has all the credentials except size. Rumblings though that he is getting a bit of a swollen head
If it makes him look taller, I'm all for it.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 09:17 AM
  #35
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
I'm crossing my fingers that Subban is the next coming of bobby orr and we get him for a couple years dirt cheap and win a slew of cups as a result

I can always dream

I just wish for once the habs would draft a player and they'd actually live up to the hype, if Subban does.... damn will we have a solid team.

Markov, Subban, Hamrlik and if re-signed: Komi, Brisebois

Personally I like Brisebois when he plays limited games/ice time. I think it never hurts to have a veteran and if it's a d-man even better. A d gets injured and we can throw Brisebois right in.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 09:34 AM
  #36
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I just wish for once the habs would draft a player and they'd actually live up to the hype
Keep on wishing. It likely won't happen.

The day we get a player who is actually a Top player in the league through the draft, people will be disappointed that their hype he would score 50 goals and win Art Ross and Hart trophies when instead hes scoring 40 with over 100 points.

And then they wouldn't want Montreal to sign him for more than $6M

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 09:42 AM
  #37
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Keep on wishing. It likely won't happen.

The day we get a player who is actually a Top player in the league through the draft, people will be disappointed that their hype he would score 50 goals and win Art Ross and Hart trophies when instead hes scoring 40 with over 100 points.

And then they wouldn't want Montreal to sign him for more than $6M
LOL sounds about right

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 10:38 AM
  #38
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
LOL sounds about right
LOL totally agree. Saaaaad but truuuuuuuuuuuuue

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 10:54 AM
  #39
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'm crossing my fingers that Subban is the next coming of bobby orr and we get him for a couple years dirt cheap and win a slew of cups as a result

I can always dream

I just wish for once the habs would draft a player and they'd actually live up to the hype, if Subban does.... damn will we have a solid team.

Markov, Subban, Hamrlik and if re-signed: Komi, Brisebois

Personally I like Brisebois when he plays limited games/ice time. I think it never hurts to have a veteran and if it's a d-man even better. A d gets injured and we can throw Brisebois right in.


I'm a brisebois fan but at this point i'd much rather them keep schneider on for another year in the same way we kept brisebois. Limited ice time and mostly on PP's for his offensive prowess.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:04 PM
  #40
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
PK is playing a better all around game because the Bulls require it from him. He has been needed to carry a bigger role defensively in my opinion

His O game has become more refined than making spin moves at the point, which is why I think he also got the playmaker nod from the rest of the Eastern coaches

We're getting a better player than we drafted I think
Should've been a first round pick.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
  #41
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'm a brisebois fan but at this point i'd much rather them keep schneider on for another year in the same way we kept brisebois. Limited ice time and mostly on PP's for his offensive prowess.
Quoted for truth

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 08:09 AM
  #42
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
How did Weber fair last year in these polls. I don't seem to recall.
Weber came up in the Best Shot, Hardest Shot, Best Offensive Defenseman categories.

PK scored the OT winner in game two versus Niagara Ice Dogs last night. Subban was high sticked and scored on the ensuing PP. Nice hard shot from the top of the face off circle

2008 Poll
Western Conference
Most Underrated Player
Mickey Renaud, Windsor (30)
Andrew Fournier, Plymouth (20)
Matt Pepe, Kitchener (11)

Most Improved Player
Jack Combs, Saginaw (33)
James Livingston, Sault Ste. Marie (17)
Brandon Buck, Guelph (16)

Smartest Player
Justin Azevedo, Kitchener (28)
Steven Stamkos, Sarnia (21)
Chris Terry, Plymouth (19)

Hardest Worker
Matt Halischuk, Kitchener (30)
Mickey Renaud, Windsor (25)
Rafael Rotter, Guelph (13)

Best Playmaker
Justin Azevedo, Kitchener (45)
Chris Terry, Plymouth (17)
Vladimir Nikiforov, Sarnia (14)

Most Dangerous in the Goal Area
Ryan McDonough, Saginaw (29)
Pat Maroon, London (26)
Chris Terry, Plymouth (19)

Best Skater
Mikkel Boedker, Kitchener (30)
Mark Katic, Sarnia (28)
Matt Lyall, Sault Ste. Marie (15)

Best Shot
Steven Stamkos, Sarnia (24)
Yannick Weber, Kitchener (19)
Chris Terry, Plymouth (16)

Hardest Shot
Josh Godfrey, Sault Ste. Marie (35)
Yannick Weber, Kitchener (21)
Ryan Wilson, Sarnia (15)

Best Stickhandler
Steven Stamkos, Sarnia Sting (39)
Nazem Kadri, Kitchener (18)
Josh Bailey, Windsor (13)

Best on Face-Offs
Justin Azevedo, Kitchener (34)
Mickey Renaud, Windsor (17)
Dustin Jeffrey, Sault Ste. Marie (11)

Best Body Checker
Ryan Wilson, Sarnia (27)
Mike Duco, Kitchener (25)
Leigh Salters, Guelph (15)

Best Defensive Forward
Mickey Renaud, Windsor (34)
Matt Lyall, Sault Ste. Marie (20)
Andrew Wilkins, London (14)

Best Penalty Killer
Matt Halischuk, Kitchener (30)
Brandon MacLean, Sault Ste. Marie (20)
Bradley Snetsinger, Windsor (14)

Best Offensive Defenceman
Drew Doughty, Guelph (32)
Yannick Weber, Kitchener (18)
Ryan Wilson, Sarnia (14)

Best Defensive Defenceman
Matt Pepe, Kitchener (23)
Drew Doughty, Guelph (20)
Andrew Campbell, Sault Ste. Marie (11)

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.