HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Do you guys really care about the seed?

Old
03-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Salz

vCash: 500
So you think they changed their style to compensate for Marty's flaws? I'm wondering how their great offense has become so bad so suddenly. I really liked their style when they were winning. It was aggressive and still responsible defensively. Not sure what happened. Your theory could be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
lol

Id love to play NJ.

But there is one major downside. We could loose.

Seriouly though, whenever you loose a PO series, its like you spend the comming 12 month to correct what you did wrong in that series. Atleast in a normal situation -- like if we don't change 50% of the roster this summer.

With Marty back NJD is playing a no-misstake trap game again to cover for his flaws. If we loose that series it will be because we made misstakes. I sure as heck dont want spend 12 month trying to make sure we don't make misstakes.

I think our big challenge ahead will be to handle the AO's and Malkin's, the Tavares and co's. So from that point of view I wouldn't mind playing Washington. They also have a goalie issues.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 12:39 PM
ChipAyten
NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY

After last night I think I'd rather play the Devils than any other team in the first round. Lundqvist has more than proven himself against Brodeur, especially across a 7 game stretch.

ChipAyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:23 PM
levski87

Last night completely reminded me of when we use to play the Trap and aggressive teams would just pound is in our offensive zone, over and over again.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote