HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior Sticks

Old
03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The guys who I've heard say the sticks suck are the really good players I've played with. On the other hand if you're in the beginner league you probably don't break too many sticks. So I don't think anybody can just lay down a blanket statement saying Warrior sticks suck. If you buy 2 and they break quickly try another brand. You could be using a stiffness that is too low. You could be tomahawk chopping guys. Too many variables. I broke Eastons pretty easily so I made the switch to Warrior and neither stick has broken. So, I'll stick with Warrior. Pretty simple idea.
Dont see anybody saying Warriors suck. Everybody has pretty much said that they are Fantastic.
Its the durability issue many people have a problem with.

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I've not broken many sticks, but from what I have read, Warriors (both sticks and blades) are incredibly durable. They are a little heavier, and seem to lack a little kick, but they last a long time.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 01:38 AM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I've not broken many sticks, but from what I have read, Warriors (both sticks and blades) are incredibly durable. They are a little heavier, and seem to lack a little kick, but they last a long time.
Isnt insane kick what makes Warrior so popular?

Old
04-01-2009, 01:53 AM
190Octane

vCash: 500
Almost Every Warrior/Inno I've broken was at or around the kick point.

My first Inno busted up by the top on a wrist or slap shot.
Two polarfibre 3000s busted during slap shots at the kick point.
An 1100 one piece broke at the kick point when I blocked a shot with the blade in the second game I used it in.
A pro stock dolomite I had broke at the kickpoint after 3 games while taking a face off.
The latest Johnson shaft I had cracked at the kickpoint in the second game but I didn't notice until I smacked the stick on the ground and noticed the blade pushed back up into the shaft like it was a peeled banana.

The Easton sticks I've used have lasted me well, the biggest problem I've had with them have been cracked blades on one pieces.

Bauer and Missions I've broken a lot also but not nearly as fast as the Warrior/Inno sticks.

As Tikk knows, I love me some slap shots and I get a lot of load on them so maybe that's the issue I'm having with them.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 03:04 AM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

Saw an Inno explode today. Should have heard the language this dude was spewing. Had the stick 3 games. Couldnt help chuckle and think of this thread.