HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"I See What You Did There" - 3.31.09 - Milwaukee @ Columbus

Old
03-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
There Will Be Blood

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Concerns all around

As a Pred, Im very concerned that we are done over achieving and that the injuries have caught up to us.

As a Jacket, Id be very concerned that my team was only able to squeak out a 1 goal advantage over the Admirals.

Im so disappointed that Suter-Weber couldnt contain on those 2 goals against. Too bad for Pekka that he has to win 1-0 games from here on out to get us to the playoffs.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 01:53 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
On the post game show Willy got a report from Tom on the bus that Pihlstrom was feeling OK. But geez we should just call someone up anyways since we'll probably lose someone in practice or in Chicago. They should all just sit in a bubble for 2 days.

They looked completely gassed in the first period. They came out OK, got a goal but it looked like after that they were just standing around most of the time. Just not enough in the tanks for 60 minutes.

Pekka was great.

On the positive side: This was only our 3rd regulation loss since Feb. 18. In the 19 games since that Feb.18 loss we've gone 11-3-5.

How was there no damn call?

I hate losing to those jagoffs.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 08:33 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Any word on Dumont? He played some more shifts after that hit, but he was down for a long time after that hit..

One more question...Why does Santorelli have his first initial on his name plate? Got another one?

04-01-2009, 08:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Any word on Dumont? He played some more shifts after that hit, but he was down for a long time after that hit..

One more question...Why does Santorelli have his first initial on his name plate? Got another one?
his brother mark is in the organization, too. Playing in Milwaukee(for the moment, by next week I'm thinking the entire Admirals team will be called up).

While we were at a disadvantage due to the nature of our injuries, I feel like the game still could have been winnable, but I was disappointed by the effort. Columbus clearly "wanted it" more. These things are evident when you look at battles on the boards, getting to loose pucks, physical play...we were gliding out there. Pretty frustrating game to watch, with so much on the line.

Also, interesting to note that we pretty much shut down Nash and Huselius, but it left Umberger, Williams and Vermette to do as they pleased for the entire game.

Had to know when we didn't score on back to back penalties(including the brief five on three) that the game was over at that point.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
First 2 initials actually. Mike (Mi.) vs Mark (Ma.)

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
As a Pred, Im very concerned that we are done over achieving and that the injuries have caught up to us.

As a Jacket, Id be very concerned that my team was only able to squeak out a 1 goal advantage over the Admirals.

Im so disappointed that Suter-Weber couldnt contain on those 2 goals against. Too bad for Pekka that he has to win 1-0 games from here on out to get us to the playoffs.
Yeah we seem to have a problem generating offense even when we control the puck for long stretches. Personally, I think Rinne had alot to do with us only scoring 2 goals.

I was trying to follow Suter's shifts, and I think he was primarily matched up with Nash all night...hence the lack of threat from our first line.

I think you guys are gonna make the cut, with great defense and great goal tending. Huselius taking that puck from Sullivan was the moment in the game that I breathed a sigh of relief and felt we were gonna pull it out. The hit on Dumont was ugly, glad to see him take a shift on the PP following.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Yeah we seem to have a problem generating offense even when we control the puck for long stretches. Personally, I think Rinne had alot to do with us only scoring 2 goals.

I was trying to follow Suter's shifts, and I think he was primarily matched up with Nash all night...hence the lack of threat from our first line.

I think you guys are gonna make the cut, with great defense and great goal tending. Huselius taking that puck from Sullivan was the moment in the game that I breathed a sigh of relief and felt we were gonna pull it out. The hit on Dumont was ugly, glad to see him take a shift on the PP following.
Sully still has good speed, but 3 years ago, no one would have caught him.