HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Citi Field vs. Yankee Stadium

View Poll Results: Citi Field vs. Yankee Stadium
Citi Field 62 46.97%
New Yankee Stadium 70 53.03%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-17-2009, 10:22 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRRRR View Post
HUGE Mets fan here.. dont know too much about the New Yank Stadium but I love what Im seeing of Citi Field so far..

Anyone going to the 2nd game of the year vs SD? Ill be in the Pepsi Porch out in RF .. i wish i could've gotten tix to opening day but they let season ticket holders/some special ticket event get the chance to go to opening day, which was disappointing.

Cant wait to go.. and I think they made it smaller to get more sellouts.. Mets' attendance has been in the top 3 the past 3-4 years now but they weren't getting 56k per night (more like 50-52k, lol which is still alot).. IIRC Citi Field holds 46k? or something like that in the 40k's (49k maybe?).. anyway i expect it to be sold out a ton
I'll be in 524 Row 7 for that game.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 04:32 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRRRR View Post
HUGE Mets fan here.. dont know too much about the New Yank Stadium but I love what Im seeing of Citi Field so far..

Anyone going to the 2nd game of the year vs SD? Ill be in the Pepsi Porch out in RF .. i wish i could've gotten tix to opening day but they let season ticket holders/some special ticket event get the chance to go to opening day, which was disappointing.

Cant wait to go.. and I think they made it smaller to get more sellouts.. Mets' attendance has been in the top 3 the past 3-4 years now but they weren't getting 56k per night (more like 50-52k, lol which is still alot).. IIRC Citi Field holds 46k? or something like that in the 40k's (49k maybe?).. anyway i expect it to be sold out a ton
I'll be there too and I'm pretty sure Citi Field has 42,500 seats and Capacities something like 45,000.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I'll be there too and I'm pretty sure Citi Field has 42,500 seats and Capacities something like 45,000.
42,436 Seats, and, if these all sell out, maximum capacity of 45,000 with Standing Room.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/...hit_among.html

Thats my cousin in the pic standing there looking out at Yankee stadium, pic was taken this morning. Ace Frehley played New York Groove to open the new Hard Rock cafe there today.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Is anyone going to the exhibition games this weekend for either team? I'm going to the Met game tomorrow against the Sox.

Old
04-02-2009, 04:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Cool gallery of Citi Field:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

04-02-2009, 04:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
God Citi looks awesome. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it up until May 9.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 05:42 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Hockey is a clear #1, but baseball is definitely a good way to kill the time until hockey starts again
I agree.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
It's beautiful. I always loved the way baseball parks looked. But this one is really beautiful. It's as if they thought of every little detail when designing it.

Everything about it looks great.

There are tickets for as low as $6 and $11 also.

I love that Pepsi Cola logo out in right field... I'm smitten with this stadium. The way i am with Madison Square Garden... I'm so happy the deal for a new Arena didn't work out, because i love MSG, no other Arena looks like it. I can't wait until the renovations at MSG are done! It will be fantastic in there when they're finished.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 05:51 PM
NYReign

CitiField was very very awesome, I went to the first game ever played there this Sunday between St. John's and Georgetown. It was reminiscient of Coors' Field IMO but that is fine. They just need to work on selling some advertisements, but other than that it is a huge upgrade from Shea. As a Yankee fan, I'm counting the hours till I see the new stadium tomorrow night, but it should be awesome (and looks great from some pictures I've seen today)

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:21 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Is anyone going to the exhibition games this weekend for either team? I'm going to the Met game tomorrow against the Sox.
I'll be at the Yanks/Cubs game Saturday. Sitting out in the bleachers in left. I can't wait. I miss the old place, but I'm really pumped to see the new place. Same with Citi Field, I hope to get there in the next month or so.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:07 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I imagine Yankee Stadium will win this poll since there are so many more Yankee fans, but I just dont see how it's possible to objectively view both those stadiums and somehow think Yankee stadium is really nicer.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 06:25 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalDynamics View Post
Read this

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/ny...0about.html?em

The Yankees got some balls asking for another hand out when the city is slashing services,talking about raising the transit fares,talking about laying off thousands of employees and canceling classes at the police academy.

Yeah, fewer cops on the street so the Yankee owners can make a few more bucks?

Makes perfect sense to me.
You have no clue how much revenue the yankees generate for this city

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I imagine Yankee Stadium will win this poll since there are so many more Yankee fans, but I just dont see how it's possible to objectively view both those stadiums and somehow think Yankee stadium is really nicer.
So you have been in both stadiums already? I'm impressed. Everyone can have an opinion, but your an idiot if you have such a strong opinion without having set foot in both places... and how is voting for Yankee Stadium just because your a Yankee fan worse than voting against Yankee Stadium because you don't like them...

As a Yankee fan, I love the outside of citifield and Jackie Robinson Rotunda. I love the inside of Yankee Stadium though... obviously I cant make a true decision until I see both.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 07:38 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

It's pretty hard to compare both stadiums as they both seem like different animals. Citi Field seems like a more intimate park while Yankee Stadium seems a lot bigger. If I had to pick a ballpark, it'd be Citi Field (not because I'm a met fan) because of the design but Yankee Stadium had me impressed yesterday from looking at the pictures.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
04-03-2009, 08:51 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Sure.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 10:07 AM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Not only for the city but for a poverty stricken part of the Bronx. Without the Yankees that area in the Bronx goes downhill very fast. They are a huge part of the Bronx community. They provide thousands and thousands of jobs and provide plenty of businesses in the area with paying customers. They are a huge part of a poor area's economy. You cant even argue it.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Reverend_Hellh0und

As baseball is just a pastime for me to go drink beer at. I am very pleased to have two new ballfields to go spend time in this summer....

I got tickets with a rangers fan buddy of mine to both places.... We need to pick which team we are rootin for in opposite so we don't feel wierd.

Reverend_Hellh0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Not only for the city but for a poverty stricken part of the Bronx. Without the Yankees that area in the Bronx goes downhill very fast. They are a huge part of the Bronx community. They provide thousands and thousands of jobs and provide plenty of businesses in the area with paying customers. They are a huge part of a poor area's economy. You cant even argue it.
Have you been to that area? It's hardly thriving.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:16 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Yankees were my life at one point, but yet another example of how MLB and the Yankees are becoming less important to me.

Quote:
New York players can park in an underground garage and go directly into the ballpark, meaning they don't even have to pass by autograph-seeking fans before or after games.
Link

Thats a selling point? Cashman: "Come play for us, you don't have to sign autographs". I realize the Yankees didn't make that a selling point, but they thought it was necessary to make the provision for their players.

04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Have you been to that area? It's hardly thriving.
This. My grandma lives in the area. It's not the worst area, but it sure isn't a place I would want to live.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 03:06 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Yankees were my life at one point, but yet another example of how MLB and the Yankees are becoming less important to me.

Link

Thats a selling point? Cashman: "Come play for us, you don't have to sign autographs". I realize the Yankees didn't make that a selling point, but they thought it was necessary to make the provision for their players.
That's kind of disappointing. I understand the appeal to the players, but that sucks for the fans.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 04:59 PM
nyrmetros

As someone who was a huge Yankees fan growing up.... I care less and less each day..... and I love the Rangers more and more each day.....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

I haven't been to either stadium myself yet but a couple of my close friends have been to both and their reviews on Yankee stadium were surprisingly negative, especially considering that they're all Yankee fans from the Bronx. They said New Yankee stadium is almost exactly the same as Old Yankee stadium. Also, right and left field bleacher seats are obstructed by the walls of a restaurant.

I don't really understand why anyone would build a brand new stadium without working out a way to avoid obstructed view seating.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:04 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I made my first trip to the new Yankee Stadium today and it is absolutely gorgeous. I love the old stadium and I will miss it, but this place definitely softens the blow of losing it.

The only bad part about today was that there was a ticket snafu where it took my dad and I 40 minutes to get into the stadium since the scanner was ****ing up. We had to exchange tickets twice before finally getting a pair that worked. Later on we discovered that we had been sold tickets in the exact same location as two other people and since they had arrived earlier, the barcode read "tickets have already been scanned". We wound up sitting on folding chairs in the handicapped area - which was fine since we had plenty of room to stretch and the seats actually had backs unlike the rest of the bleachers, so that was fine but they really need to work on this ticket situation because other people had the same problem.

Nevertheless, the stadium is just magnificent. Unlike in the old place, if you sit in the bleachers you can move about the whole stadium, the garlic fries are absolutely crack, the great hall is awesome..they did everything right. If only the prices for tickets weren't so insane.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote