Notices

Reinprect to replace conroy

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Jeffoo

vCash: 500
Reinprect to replace conroy

I'm not so sure we need Langkow to replace Conroy. I'm not sure I liked getting rid of Gautchier and Saprykin either.

I think Reinprect could replace Conroy.
Does anyone know when he'll be ready to play?

I suppose we need forwards anyway.

Old
09-08-2004, 07:59 PM
flamesfan01800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffoo
I'm not so sure we need Langkow to replace Conroy. I'm not sure I liked getting rid of Gautchier and Saprykin either.

I think Reinprect could replace Conroy.
Does anyone know when he'll be ready to play?

I suppose we need forwards anyway.
Reinprect will be ready to go whenever there is a new season

Old
09-08-2004, 08:59 PM
chriss_co

What I like about Langkow is his ability to win faceoffs.. Langkow mirrors Conroy more in that department.. plus, it can't hurt to have a backup plan in case Rhino gets injured

im more concerned about team speed overall with the addition of Langkow and loss of Saprykin... its something that needs to be addressed

Old
09-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Qubax

You guys are dreaming if you think you got anything less then a first line centre in Daymond Langkow....on other teams he wouldn't be..

But I mean it's the role Conroy filled....and Langkow with Iginla will make Langkow a bonafide number one centre......Just think Gilmour..that's pretty much what we got here....

Thornton makes Murray good and Iginla will make Langkow a Murray....so to speak excecpt Langkow is the centreman...

As for Reinprecht I think you can look to see him play more LW then anything else...

Old
09-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss_co
im more concerned about team speed overall with the addition of Langkow and loss of Saprykin... its something that needs to be addressed
Why are you concerned about that? Langkow certainly isn't slow.
I don't see a huge downgrade there.

Old
09-09-2004, 10:52 AM
chriss_co

I'm concerned because Langkow isn't as fast as Saprykin.. also if you look at all the changes made in the offseason, not one single move increases our team speed... in fact each one decreases our speed... eg Oliwa leaves, McAmmond not resigned, Saprykin gone (Langkow in), Weimer signed, Conroy gone

the flames had one of the faster teams in the league last year, which considerably helped our forechecking.. i think this year we will be about average.. we'll see how this all works out but I agree with Craig Button when he tried to make Calgary one of the quicker teams in the NHL

Old
09-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

The only two guys who I see as slow are Wiemer and Simon. We still have speedsters like Lombardi, Reinprecht, Kobasew, Donovan, Nieminen, Gelinas, Iginla, etc.

I think you're worrying about nothing, I don't see a significant decrease in team speed at this point. I still see us as one of the fastest teams in the NHL.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
I'm assuming Reinprecht will move to the wing with Lankgow's addition. Should the need arise though, he could easily be moved back to center. The versatility of many of the Flames forwards is excellent. I wouldn't be too worried about team speed. Saprykin may be faster than Langkow, but there are still enough guys that can skate like the wind.

Closed Thread