Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Verdict on Cammalleri

Old
03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Verdict on Cammalleri

Kings fan here wanting to know whether, after watching him the whole season you Flames fans think Cammy is a valuable asset to your team and/or whether you think his play is too one-dimensional.

The on-going debate on the Kings board in this regards still lingers on and I am interested to hear what you Calgary fans think about him.

Personally I think the guy's offensive skills are excellent, and that his lesser defensive skills are not a detriment, all things considered.

P.S. I'm hoping you guys pick it back up and dump the sharks if you meet them in the playoffs.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
GoFlames

Cammy is a great asset. Sure somewhat one dimensional but that is what he was paid to do and is doing a great job of it.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 12:44 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

No complaints here. He's done exactly what he was brought in to do - provide offense. I'd love to see him re-signed.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 01:14 PM
getoverit

I dont think he will be resigned, filled in this year nicely, agree one dimentional. One thing that stands out for me is he needs to be continually fed to score vs getting it done himself by streaking down a wing or being creative. Has a wicked shot when set up and highly accurate. But dont think he is worth $5.5MM which he will get, TO will pay it as Im sure some other teams too.
He will struggle because of his size in playoffs, I hope he proves me wrong, but it will get way more physical and he already struggles in the corners. We need him to play top of his games starting now

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Lunatik*

Cammalleri was an excellent acquisition... i would do it again in a heartbeat... he has been great offensively... and is much better defensively than he was billed (not really a tough feat since he was billed as a defensive liability at best)... he is also very feisty and fits perfectly into our lineup... arguably the best trade Sutter has ever made

as for him returning... i think he does for between 5 and 5.5

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Areid1990

I'd rather get Jaybo then resign Cammi.

Areid1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Body Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areid1990 View Post
I'd rather get Jaybo then resign Cammi.
I agree, if it's between the two I hope Sutter goes with the 30 minute #1 dman.

Body Checker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Cammy is a great asset. Sure somewhat one dimensional but that is what he was paid to do and is doing a great job of it.
There are basically two sides in the Kings/Cammy debate, this one, and the one that says he doesn't do enough to earn that much money.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 06:35 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
I think his defensive play is way overstated by Kings fans. I don't think he is as bad as everyone seems to think he is. Definetly not a Selke nominee, but he's fine in his own zone. I think his size is Cammalleri's biggest detremint.

He was brought in to provide offence and make the PP better. He has done that well so far. Leads the team in goals and leads the league in PP goals. I think though Sutter is waiting to see how he performs in the playoffs. If he struggles in the playoffs he won't be back.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:09 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
I would like to keep him, but I want an upgrade on our defence first. Getting Jay-Bo would be awsome. Keep Leopold then we'd have a great top 6.

Regehr-Leopold
Bouwmesteer-Phaneuf
Vandermeer/Giordano/Pardy-Sarich

To answer you, he has been great. Better than I expected. I thought he was going to be a goal scoring version of Huselius, but he has proved that he won't only have a good 1st quarter but also have a good 2nd, 3rd quarters of the season.

The Gaud Father is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
HuskyFlames

Elite finisher.

But too 1 dimensional. Not worth 5 or more million a season. Too small, too abd defensively and too one dimensional. Yes he can finish with the best of them but that is all.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Grannys

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post
I would like to keep him, but I want an upgrade on our defence first. Getting Jay-Bo would be awsome. Keep Leopold then we'd have a great top 6.

Regehr-Leopold
Bouwmesteer-Phaneuf
Vandermeer/Giordano/Pardy-Sarich
Could we really make this happen? With Olli on board and all...

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Oblivion

He's fitting in well alongside Iginla. I like his game and he is working out well, but as many others have mentione he's looking to be a 1 year rental. Defensively he's not great, but he wasn't exactly advertised as a Selke finalist.

All things considered he's been a great acquisition in the fact we essentially flpped Tanguay for him and he's worked out much better than Tanguay. I actually wasn't a fan when they made this deal off at the draft, but in retrospect it has grown on me, to the point where I not only no longer object but fully support the acquisition.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 09:52 PM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
Could we really make this happen? With Olli on board and all...
Cammy's $3m, Aucoin's $4m, Bertuzzi's $2m going off officially after this year, we could.

The Gaud Father is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulj43r View Post
Cammy's $3m, Aucoin's $4m, Bertuzzi's $2m going off officially after this year, we could.
and we replace 1/3 of our top 6 forwards with....?... you need to take that into consideration you are talking about letting well over 125 walk out the door and replace with with a defenseman when our defense payroll is already amongst the highest in the league

Old
03-30-2009, 10:51 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Anyone have a stat or know where I can find a stat that tracked Cammalleri's production with Iginla on the ice versus without Iggy?

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Anyone have a stat or know where I can find a stat that tracked Cammalleri's production with Iginla on the ice versus without Iggy?
no point they have been together for probably 90% of the season

Old
03-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Areid1990

Jaybo would add some D goals and then give Lundmark a full time spot.

Old
03-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areid1990 View Post
Jaybo would add some D goals and then give Lundmark a full time spot.
Bouwmeester is not an offensive powerhouse... the guy has a career high of 46 points... which is lower than Phaneuf's career low (or will be soon since he's up to 45 now this year)

Old
03-31-2009, 12:35 AM
getoverit

Let say with Cammy gone, I would upgrade our Defence to replace Aucoin and mabye one or two others would be a good thing, we still have a ton of tallent on this team with more than enough fire power and get back to our game of being tough and physical to play against night in and night out. We have some forwards on the farm team that could make next year, especially out #1 pic

getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Pacem

He's done better than I expected. Glad we got a player like him on their contract year. Let someone else pay him for playing with Iginla.

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Areid1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacem View Post
He's done better than I expected. Glad we got a player like him on their contract year. Let someone else pay him for playing with Iginla.
I agree if he wants 6 Million or around there let him walk and replace him. Sure he has added goals but he isn't worth 6 million dollars and I think the team who pays him around that will be kicking them selfs in the ass.

Old
04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
madmike77

He made a great impression on me at first - lately not so much, although the same could be said of the entire team save maybe Lundmark.

Camalleri hasn't done a whole lot away from Iginla which makes me wonder how well he'd do playing with lesser talent. I certainly don't think he's worth $6 million.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 08:33 PM
CanadianPantherFan

This is why I would love Cammy in Florida (I think he ends up with the Leafs as I've said since the new year living in Calgary and reading up on him because I follow his game).

The Panthers problem is we have a lack of finishers,but he'd look great on a line with Stillman or Weiss setting him up. We have a few great table setters ,not many finishers. He needs to go to a team like the Panthers ,so it sounds like reading these articles.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote