HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings 1st Rounder

Old
04-01-2009, 04:46 PM
dabeechman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
You were right the first time. He questioned the great Deano. IHe had the balls to stand up for himself, and got shipped out for it. That's no way to build a team. You're going to end up with a team full of ******* if that happens. No surprise what we've been seeing lately then, eh?
DL is a pretty fair judge of a players worth. Every time he went to arbitration with a player, the arbitrator always sided with Dean. I just see him trying to build a locker room full of players who want to play the game because they love it. Not for greed. There was a comment earlier this week that Dean would look for a scorer, but not a "mercenary". He has also been on the record saying that he won't sign a player because of the California weather. He wants a guy who WANTS to play for LA.

I agree with him. If you don't want to be apart of what he is building gtfo.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
The Kings need a true #1a, or 2 center. It looks like the Flyers are stocked with high end centers and may have cap issues. Since Briere will be a hard move and Richards is team leader, I propose the following:

Carter - young center with good size and great hands. Gives the Kings a scoring threat down the middle. May compliment a set up winger like Purcell.

for

Stoll - great 3rd liner that can play top line minutes if injury, great faceoff man, younger. Signed for 3 more at 3.6 per

Ersberg - reliable back-up, posts great numbers if not overworked and carrying load

1st 2009 - looks to be approx 6th overall

fire away
in that case wouldn trade.........
Kessel and Krejci are RFA's
we have the weapons to make a offersheet the Bruins nerver could match.
Kessel or Krejci for freee..........

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Why? It's his RIGHT to squabble over money. That's how the system works. Just like in the real world.
Of course it is his right. Who did it benefit in the long term? Maybe Patrick's bank account but it didn't benefit him professionally nor did it help the team. Just because it is his right doesn't make it a good idea. That is all I am saying.

It is my right to take 3+ weeks of vacation time I have stored up a work. Given the times, do you think it would a be a good idea if I started taking a weeks worth at a time every month or so? It is my right...

Quote:
You were right the first time. He questioned the great Deano. IHe had the balls to stand up for himself, and got shipped out for it. That's no way to build a team. You're going to end up with a team full of ******* if that happens. No surprise what we've been seeing lately then, eh?
You know contract negotiations are a two way street. You have plenty of venom for DL with your assumptions that he lowballs players but you never seem to give the same flack to players that ask for too much. I'm not implying Patrick asked for too much since I don't think there was ever any info leaked on that but what I am saying is, you love to bash DL as if it is all his fault when it is a two way street. For every Cammalleri and to a lesser extent, O'Sullivan, there is a Kopitar, Brown, Greene, Stoll.

I love how you (and others) spin the O'Sullivan trade as if he was trying to get rid of him. Is it possible, just a tad bit possible, Lombardi was trying to improve the team? Or is he so driven by his ego that he focuses on disposing of players he has had contract spat with or doesn't like personally? You guys (the negative nancy Kings fans) are just the polar opposite of the DL circle jerk club. How about just looking at things objectively for a minute?

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 04-02-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Vokoun for the pick?

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
Vokoun for the pick?
We're good on goaltenders. No thanks on the offer.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
in that case wouldn trade.........
Kessel and Krejci are RFA's
we have the weapons to make a offersheet the Bruins nerver could match.
Kessel or Krejci for freee..........
An offersheet is never free. Unless we somehow drug one of them and make them sign for under $863,155 and Dean hires someone to cut all of Boston's communication lines around the Bruin office and destroy all their cell phones. So essentially. We need drugs and a big Ocean's 11 EMP device and then maybe we can get one of them for free...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:44 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
Vokoun for the pick?
Aint watched the Kings much lately huh?

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
Aint watched the Kings much lately huh?
Who the hell would other than us?

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
An offersheet is never free. Unless we somehow drug one of them and make them sign for under $863,155 and Dean hires someone to cut all of Boston's communication lines around the Bruin office and destroy all their cell phones. So essentially. We need drugs and a big Ocean's 11 EMP device and then maybe we can get one of them for free...
I didn't mean absolute for free.......
i realized that you have to get up a bunch of Picks.
For free means, not to give up something form our great youth core.
Fpr both of them i would sacrifice one or two 1st rounders.
If we add one of them, the 2nd 1st rounder would be very low in the 20th somewhere in 2010

Old
04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
DoughtyJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlehnds View Post
I am a huge kings fan.. I mean huge fan... and what you just said there is ridiculous. If you were a Dean Lombardi and you got that offer you would take it in a heartbeat. I am usually just a lookyloo on the boards and I felt this needed a reply.
Fair enough but the original deal was Brown, Teubert, 1st round 09 for Heatley

Also...I dont wanna take anything at all away from heatley and im not comparing Brown to heatley BUT..... Heatley plays at least, if not more then half his games with Spezza, and Alfredsson...... Just wanted to throw that out there!!!

I think Browns 33 goal season in 78 games, playing half the year with 8 different players and the other half with Kopitar and o'sullivan is pretty decent when u compare it to Heatley's 2 50 goal season's playing on a line with 2 players that almost hit the 100 point mark!!!

DoughtyJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 05:46 PM
DoughtyJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
And Kings fans would much rather have Handzus on the 3rd line than Kelly. Armstrong hasnt seen 3rd line time at all this year. When hes played hes been on the 4th.
Amen

Old
04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
DoughtyJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWINK19 View Post
Is Gionta and NJ1 for LA1 and LA4 in the ballpark?
Gionta is a free agent at the end of the year!!

Old
04-02-2009, 06:15 PM
DoughtyJovi

La Kings First Rounder 09, Frolov, Handzus

For

Vinny Lecavalier

Then We sign Franzen

Brown Leceavalier Williams
Franzen Kopitar Purcell
Moller Stoll Simmonds

HAHAHA!!!

Old
04-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyJovi View Post
La Kings First Rounder 09, Frolov, Handzus

For

Vinny Lecavalier

Then We sign Franzen

Brown Leceavalier Williams
Franzen Kopitar Purcell
Moller Stoll Simmonds

HAHAHA!!!
man........... someone can dream.......

Old
04-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Dany Heatley
Alexander Picard
Columbus's 2nd round pick 2009 (Vermette deal)

for

Oscar Moller
Jonathon Bernier
Jack Johnson
1st round pick in 2009
lolololololol

come on, you know the LA fans are just going to freak out about that brutal trade proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Thank you.

I would rather have 1 game breaking superstar than 2 second line players. Im not saying Brown is a second line player
Superstar?

I thought we are talking about Heatley?

More like a 1 dimensional scoring threat who has no physical presence and generally plays at 75% effort. I wouldn't trade Brown for him at all, character issues at the very least

Last edited by Poignant Discussion: 04-02-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 08:26 PM
AlMo

Quote:
The Kings will draft arround #6-9 and hionestly there is not really what we need.
So, for the case Lombardi wants to trade down...

What would he get ???
I don't think the Kings are going to trade this pick at all. Why not draft MSP if you need top 6 wingers? The Kings have the cap space to go out and get a Gaborik in the offseason (which I'm sure they will make a pitch for).

Unless Lombardi gets his socks knocked off, I can't see him passing up on a player that can step right in next season. Even Brayden Schenn would be an interesting pick. He and Brown could cause havoc in a couple of years. Schenn would be an ideal second line center down the road, something they currently don't have (Schenn has alot more upside than Stoll imo and Moller could play the wing).

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
And Im pretty sure those guys repeatedly scored at a ppg pace before they got the big money.

Sully is a proven 20 goal scorer, Williams is a proven 30 goal scorer who bring more to the table consistently. POS wasnt producing with the Kings and he hasnt been producing with the Oilers. As far as the Kings forcing players out when they want to make money, theres several guys on the roster that will tell you otherwise.
Sully is a proven 20 goal scorer and is 6 years younger than Williams. Williams was a 30 goal scorer. Now he is a guy who has proven to be a whimp on not step on the ice. There is no defense you can make for him that doesn't look badd for Justin. He never gets serious injuries yet the guy still is out 33 to 50% of every year. Look at his career injury list and compare the time missed for each injury. Also Williams, like Sully absolutely sucked this year when playing and is a disaster on the ice right now.

In regards to your last point I ask you to please show me which players you are reffering to? The Kings payroll and roster is a huge joke. Every player who excersized their rights to ask for money has been been the victom of a smear campaign by DL and moved for trash. Every player coming up is underpaid except for Kopitar and the Kings just gave him the money without prodding by Kopitar. Besides, LA knew that Kopiat had been playing his early years of his career as a 6 million dollar player yet was being paid 1/10th of it.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 10:11 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Gionta is a free agent at the end of the year!!
Big time vapor lock on that one. I was too busy trying to find something of value to include in a deal. I will go to the box and feel shame now.

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 10:17 PM
no name

I'd like to see a Dustin Brown + a quality prospect for a player like Roy out of Buffalo.

Old
04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I'd like to see a Dustin Brown + a quality prospect for a player like Roy out of Buffalo.
Yea right Brown>Roy imo

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 05:50 AM
DoughtyJovi

Quote:
man........... someone can dream.......
lol...it feels good though!!!

Old
04-03-2009, 05:52 AM
DoughtyJovi

Quote:
lol...... lol

Old
04-03-2009, 01:07 PM
no name

Quote:
lol...... lol
Please explain.

Old
04-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Please explain.
Youd rather have Roy than Brown, it aint Patty Roy we talkin here.
Enlighten me why Brown and a quality prospect is equal to Roy??????

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 11:43 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Sully is a proven 20 goal scorer and is 6 years younger than Williams. Williams was a 30 goal scorer. Now he is a guy who has proven to be a whimp on not step on the ice. There is no defense you can make for him that doesn't look badd for Justin. He never gets serious injuries yet the guy still is out 33 to 50% of every year. Look at his career injury list and compare the time missed for each injury. Also Williams, like Sully absolutely sucked this year when playing and is a disaster on the ice right now.

In regards to your last point I ask you to please show me which players you are reffering to? The Kings payroll and roster is a huge joke. Every player who excersized their rights to ask for money has been been the victom of a smear campaign by DL and moved for trash. Every player coming up is underpaid except for Kopitar and the Kings just gave him the money without prodding by Kopitar. Besides, LA knew that Kopiat had been playing his early years of his career as a 6 million dollar player yet was being paid 1/10th of it.

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote