HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey has vowed to Carbo...

Old
04-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
the subject was actually about a supposed BETRAYAL, no link to language, but once again....
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...-est-parti.php

This article was also posted higher up in this thread.
Tell me that's not a language issue.

If you know RT, then you know deep down it's always a language issue.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
and what would you do to don cherry. thats what i thought.
My respect level for Don Cherry is about equal to that of Tremblay.

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Coincidence that Rejean only starts **** when the team is winning?

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
some always **** on guys like tremblay and become extremists themselves. im so tired of it i would vote yes to a referendum just because of the lack of respect and generalization over french people by some. TREMBLAY has HIS opinion. THATS IT. get over it.
When you write about the same crappy stuff and when most of it isn't even correct, then it's a problem. Especially knowing a lot of people read that and believe what he says.

Voting yes to a referendum just out of spite is the dumbest thing one could do. You just won a bunch of dummy points.

Old
04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/c...-est-parti.php

This article was also posted higher up in this thread.
Tell me that's not a language issue.

If you know RT, then you know deep down it's always a language issue.
ok. i see. STILL people. why get into this...you always get ot the same point at the end. it's HIS opinion, thats it.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
ok. i see. STILL people. why get into this...you always get ot the same point at the end. it's HIS opinion, thats it.
If nobody commented on articles and opinions, this forum wouldn't exist.

Old
04-03-2009, 12:28 PM
number 11

can people get over carbo already? look how much better the team is playing under gainey. look at the confidence of our goalie, look at our pp, look at the top line. we're rehashing the same bs every week when it's 100% clear firing carbo was a good move.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:30 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
If nobody commented on articles and opinions, this forum wouldn't exist.
but if only people would comment on HIS opinion, not taking it for a general francophone opinion. like I would go comment a don cherry commentary and bash anglophones.

Old
04-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
but if only people would comment on HIS opinion, not taking it for a general francophone opinion. like I would go comment a don cherry commentary and bash anglophones.
Because it's not just his opinion, don't play dumb now.

Pretty much everybody on 110% share the ''same'' opinion towards the language issue. The proof of that is that have to bring in an Anglo (PJ or more recently Tony) to balance it out a bit.
It's the opinion of a lot of fans as well, you just have to listen when they have callers on CKAC or read the RDS forums.

His opinion is shared by many unfortunately.

Old
04-03-2009, 12:43 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Because it's not just his opinion, don't play dumb now.

Pretty much everybody on 110% share the ''same'' opinion towards the language issue. The proof of that is that have to bring in an Anglo (PJ or more recently Tony) to balance it out a bit.
It's the opinion of a lot of fans as well, you just have to listen when they have callers on CKAC or read the RDS forums.

His opinion is shared by many unfortunately.
it's true that some, MAYBE a majority think "more french= the better" and it's sad. but there is definitely a grey zone where a lot of people like me resides.

Old
04-03-2009, 12:45 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
some always **** on guys like tremblay and become extremists themselves. im so tired of it i would vote yes to a referendum just because of the lack of respect and generalization over french people by some. TREMBLAY has HIS opinion. THATS IT. get over it.
You always go crazy when people have a negative opinion on something or somebody Quebecois...stop being so defensive. I ***** about Jack Todd too...do all anglos think I hate them too? Of course not! But Tremblay does piss me off by bringing politics into sports, just like you are doing.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
You always go crazy when people have a negative opinion on something or somebody Quebecois...stop being so defensive. I ***** about Jack Todd too...do all anglos think I hate them too? Of course not! But Tremblay does piss me off by bringing politics into sports, just like you are doing.
just like I AM doing ?! ah.... ok I can stop being defensive, but will you be able to respect an offensive position ??!! no, just like you do to tremblay. his opinions may very well be stupid or irrationnal but it still is. I am just asking for respect and caution. I know, it's better looking to bash and trash eh

Old
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
it's true that some, MAYBE a majority think "more french= the better" and it's sad. but there is definitely a grey zone where a lot of people like me resides.
Sure you can be in the grey zone, but this thread is about RT not you.

I'm a franco and I couldn't care less if we have 1 or 20 Quebs as long as we have a winning team.

Old
04-03-2009, 12:51 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
just like I AM doing ?! ah.... ok I can stop being defensive, but will you be able to respect an offensive position ??!! no, just like you do to tremblay. his opinions may very well be stupid or irrationnal but it still is. I am just asking for respect and caution. I know, it's better looking to bash and trash eh
Yes it is better to bash when everybody can see right through his articles into his childish comments and personal vendettas against anything not Quebec related. I'm just as French Canadian as you are and have an entirely different opinion on him. Some of us are more open minded and tolerable apparently then others..This is based purely on an article. It would have been just as bad had it be written in English, Japanese or Spanish..

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Yes it is better to bash when everybody can see right through his articles into his childish comments and personal vendettas against anything not Quebec related. I'm just as French Canadian as you are and have an entirely different opinion on him. Some of us are more open minded and tolerable apparently then others..This is based purely on an article. It would have been just as bad had it be written in English, Japanese or Spanish..
eheh, im so not defending him...anyway

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I find it hilarious how stuff is said like "Carbo hasn't forgiven Gainey" and yet Carbo himself said he would be happy to give Gainey his input as to who should be re-signed and whatnot. So he's willing to help the team and help the GM, but he's also super pissed and won't forgive him?

Seriously?
Where did you heard that he was going to help Gainey and the team?

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
HABsurde

the thing is that if Bob said something like that to Carbonneau, it was pretty stupid as he's not the kind of guy who would leave is ship drawning. If he did, which is in the realm of possibility even if it is reported by RT, It's not smart from Bob, pressure from over him and underachieving from below gave him no other choice then to fired is coach

If it did happen:

Not nice from him to make that kind of promises

Not smart from Carbo to believe it

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Where did you heard that he was going to help Gainey and the team?
He said it in his presser. He didn't say he was going to...He said he would if Gainey asked for his opinion and that he was willing to help the team.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:20 PM
mcphee

Quote:
the subject was actually about a supposed BETRAYAL, no link to language, but once again....
would RT have written the same article if Carbo and Gainey's positions had been reversed ? Of course he wouldn't. His point of view exists and he looks for stuff to mold into that opinion.

Yes, it's his opinion and he's paid to write it, but forums like these exist giving the populace at large a forum to express opinions.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:20 PM
MathMan

Quote:
The supposed betrayal is sourced by a guy with a language crusade. I think the motivation is relevant here, especially since the report of the supposed betrayal was already secondhand at best when Tremblay got wind of it. It's just ammunition for Tremblay's ridiculous crusade against Gainey.

Last edited by MathMan: 04-03-2009 at 01:26 PM.
MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:27 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
He is much like Jack Todd, he picks his target and goes after them, often on a personal level, writing about a game that he has been at arms length from for awhile.
He doesn't write about the game. He writes about the soap opera surrounding it. Which only makes it worse.

Quote:
The same Tremblay called Latendresse's lack of power play time, on the 2nd unit, a disgrace. This will undoubtedly cause anti Lats backlash, as it tends to do, and probably embarasses Guillaume.
I personally think Lats should get more PP time, but to think it's due to his language or last name rather than his lack of experience is ludicrous. They traded up to get Latendresse, he made the team at 19, they stuck with him when so many fans were on his back despite his productivity, and now he's maturing into a great young player with plenty of upside. Yeah, BG really wants to drive locals out of the team.

Seriously, this summer Gainey only went out and acquired the third-best-or-so Quebecer forward in the NHL, a fantastic player and a true local impact player. Hardly the gesture of someone trying to take the local product out wouldn't you say? An actual, genuine first-liner from Sainte-Justine, something the team hasn't had in a long long while. Yeah, BG really wants to drive locals out of the team.

Yet back then, Tremblay barely mentioned it before going off on the lack of Q players drafted by Montreal. Meanwhile RDS's local expert on junior hockey was concerned about the lack of Q drafted by the NHL and worried that the Q was sick.

And what about Dandenault, which BG rehabilitated out of Carbo's doghouse?

Is it important to have local stars in this market? Yes. But Tremblay is being dishonest in saying BG is disrespecting local players. His actions seem to indicate the opposite.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He doesn't write about the game. He writes about the soap opera surrounding it. Which only makes it worse.

I personally think Lats should get more PP time, but to think it's due to his language or last name rather than his lack of experience is ludicrous. They traded up to get Latendresse, he made the team at 19, they stuck with him when so many fans were on his back despite his productivity, and now he's maturing into a great young player with plenty of upside. Yeah, BG really wants to drive locals out of the team.

Seriously, this summer Gainey only went out and acquired the third-best-or-so Quebecer forward in the NHL, a fantastic player and a true local impact player. Hardly the gesture of someone trying to take the local product out wouldn't you say? An actual, genuine first-liner from Sainte-Justine, something the team hasn't had in a long long while. Yeah, BG really wants to drive locals out of the team.

Yet back then, Tremblay barely mentioned it before going off on the lack of Q players drafted by Montreal. Meanwhile RDS's local expert on junior hockey was concerned about the lack of Q drafted by the NHL and worried that the Q was sick.

And what about Dandenault, which BG rehabilitated out of Carbo's doghouse?

Is it important to have local stars in this market? Yes. But Tremblay is being dishonest in saying BG is disrespecting local players. His actions seem to indicate the opposite.
exactly, a strategic debate on player usage. Any of us can give 50 words or less as to why he should/shouldn't see more pp time and have no agenda other than hockey.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Athlétique_Canadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The supposed betrayal is sourced by a guy with a language crusade.....
"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck." And, Rejean Tremblay has illustrated over time his feelings and his opinions. Sure he might not be making language an issue in this latest article and opinion of his.

What if it was a thread about Bill O’Reilly criticizing President Obama? Would it be so outlandish for posters to write about how Bill O’Reilly is right wing minded and as a result his opinion on Obama is biased? Even if O’Reilly didn't mention anything about the right wing when he was criticizing Obama we still all know his opinion. He's stated it many times.

Same thing here. Yes, Tremblay didn't mention language but he has done so many times in the past and naturally many people will likely equate him with the issue - albeit automatically. It comes down to the issue and RT being hand in hand or one in the same with the "issue". True or not it may and most likely will be perceived that way.

"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck."

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Donkeyz

Rejean Tremblay lives in a soap opera world.
His delusions grow as he gets older and irrelevant.
He's better when he's writing cheesy tv series with Lesbienne Farouche...

Donkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:59 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:
a great philosopher , Meat Loaf, once said,

'I'll love you 'til the end of time'

Mr. Loaf later said

'Now I'm praying for the end of time
So I can end my time with you'

Circumstances change that lead to unforeseen action. I was very disapointed in Carbo leaving. I have a lot of respect for him. The respect I have for Gainey's integrity makes me very curious as to all the circumstances leading up to the firing. People that have been through things together, that conduct themselves a certain way, when they do something out of character, I's sure like to know why, but understand why we won't.
Spoken like a Dylan fan. Cuts to the heart of it. There's no success like failure, and failure's no success at all.

"I could have done nothing, but I didn't like that option." said Bob.

It's all starting to pay off on the ice now!

InBobwetrust

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote