HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs board (annual) 2009 NHL mock draft!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2009, 09:05 PM
  #51
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Dibs on the Flames.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:12 PM
  #52
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
April 14th
Tnx !

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
  #53
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,101
vCash: 500
alright guys, all spots are now taken. We have some pretty good and active posters so it should be a fun mock.

We should decide on some rules now.

- Trades? Yes or no..I vote no.

- Time limit for picks?

- Can someone (1 or 2 people) volunteer to be the PM guy incase the team that's picking and myself aren't on? If you feel you'll miss your pick please pm me (and whoever volunteers) with a short list of players.

- Also, we'll have to decide on a draft order for the playoff teams. We can wait until after the lottery for that.

- And finally, do you guys want to include trades for picks that have taken place already? Or to make it fair for everyone do you want all teams to have a pick in each round?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
  #54
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
alright guys, all spots are now taken. We have some pretty good and active posters so it should be a fun mock.

We should decide on some rules now.

- Trades? Yes or no..I vote no.

- Time limit for picks?

- Can someone (1 or 2 people) volunteer to be the PM guy incase the team that's picking and myself aren't on? If you feel you'll miss your pick please pm me (and whoever volunteers) with a short list of players.

- Also, we'll have to decide on a draft order for the playoff teams. We can wait until after the lottery for that.

- And finally, do you guys want to include trades for picks that have taken place already? Or to make it fair for everyone do you want all teams to have a pick in each round?
1. Trades - No

2. Time Limit - Considering most people work 8 hours shifts id say 10 hours max...

4. For the playoffs teams ranking, we should go by points on april 14th after the lottery is done imo (that is the ranking based on the day before since the lottery is in the day)

5. Each team should have a pick in each round just to make it fair and funnier

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:25 PM
  #55
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Just go old school rules, the final standings determine the whole draft order, not the playoffs.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:32 PM
  #56
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
alright guys, all spots are now taken. We have some pretty good and active posters so it should be a fun mock.

We should decide on some rules now.

- Trades? Yes or no..I vote no.

- Time limit for picks?

- Can someone (1 or 2 people) volunteer to be the PM guy incase the team that's picking and myself aren't on? If you feel you'll miss your pick please pm me (and whoever volunteers) with a short list of players.

- Also, we'll have to decide on a draft order for the playoff teams. We can wait until after the lottery for that.

- And finally, do you guys want to include trades for picks that have taken place already? Or to make it fair for everyone do you want all teams to have a pick in each round?
No.

10-12 hours.

It should sort itself out as people are not usually patient.

Final standing.

I dunno, I actually don't mind either, but I guess it would be more realistic if the traded picks were included.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 08:17 AM
  #57
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
alright guys, all spots are now taken. We have some pretty good and active posters so it should be a fun mock.

We should decide on some rules now.

- Trades? Yes or no..I vote no.

- Time limit for picks?

- Can someone (1 or 2 people) volunteer to be the PM guy incase the team that's picking and myself aren't on? If you feel you'll miss your pick please pm me (and whoever volunteers) with a short list of players.

- Also, we'll have to decide on a draft order for the playoff teams. We can wait until after the lottery for that.

- And finally, do you guys want to include trades for picks that have taken place already? Or to make it fair for everyone do you want all teams to have a pick in each round?
1- No trades. We have enough trouble picking as it is.
2- Time limit: Well I'm on HF at work and at home so 10 hours is fine with me. But from past experience......we keep hearing about people who only have access to HF at night so if a pick is done at midnight, 10 hours means 10am, there's just no way they'll be able to do it. Unless EVERYBODY says that they have access to HF all day long, we might suggest to people to make their picks as soon as possible but with a limit of 10PM the day after the last pick is chosen.
3- I can be the PM guy when you are not there. I would appreciate though that you PM me in advance that you're not going to make it.
4- Draft order? Final standings. No need to wait for the playoffs.
5- We probably shouldn't take into consideration the trades for picks. 'Cause then there are some conditional picks in there and so on......1 Pick for every team in every round. And I would suggest also the regular format. From 1 to 30, and then 1 to 30 again and so on. Let's keep it the same format as the NHL do it so we don't do 1 to 30 and 30 to 1.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 09:04 AM
  #58
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
1- No trades. We have enough trouble picking as it is.
2- Time limit: Well I'm on HF at work and at home so 10 hours is fine with me. But from past experience......we keep hearing about people who only have access to HF at night so if a pick is done at midnight, 10 hours means 10am, there's just no way they'll be able to do it. Unless EVERYBODY says that they have access to HF all day long, we might suggest to people to make their picks as soon as possible but with a limit of 10PM the day after the last pick is chosen.
3- I can be the PM guy when you are not there. I would appreciate though that you PM me in advance that you're not going to make it.
4- Draft order? Final standings. No need to wait for the playoffs.
5- We probably shouldn't take into consideration the trades for picks. 'Cause then there are some conditional picks in there and so on......1 Pick for every team in every round. And I would suggest also the regular format. From 1 to 30, and then 1 to 30 again and so on. Let's keep it the same format as the NHL do it so we don't do 1 to 30 and 30 to 1.

sounds good to me.

Keep It Stupid Simple

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
  #59
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
1- No trades. We have enough trouble picking as it is.
2- Time limit: Well I'm on HF at work and at home so 10 hours is fine with me. But from past experience......we keep hearing about people who only have access to HF at night so if a pick is done at midnight, 10 hours means 10am, there's just no way they'll be able to do it. Unless EVERYBODY says that they have access to HF all day long, we might suggest to people to make their picks as soon as possible but with a limit of 10PM the day after the last pick is chosen.
3- I can be the PM guy when you are not there. I would appreciate though that you PM me in advance that you're not going to make it.
4- Draft order? Final standings. No need to wait for the playoffs.
5- We probably shouldn't take into consideration the trades for picks. 'Cause then there are some conditional picks in there and so on......1 Pick for every team in every round. And I would suggest also the regular format. From 1 to 30, and then 1 to 30 again and so on. Let's keep it the same format as the NHL do it so we don't do 1 to 30 and 30 to 1.
alright, sounds good to me. I'll definitely let you know via PM when I'll be away for awhile.

- Trades will not be allowed.

- 10 hour limit for picks. We can still discuss this but we'll just go with 10 hours for now. If you feel you'll miss your pick, please PM me (or in some cases Whitesnake) with a short list of picks.

- We'll wait for the lottery before we begin the draft. For playoff teams, we'll just use final standings.

- We won't take into consideration any trades for picks that have taken place. This way it'll be fair for everyone. All teams will have 3 picks in the draft.

- We'll use the 1-30, 1-30, 1-30 format.

Sound good guys?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 11:49 AM
  #60
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
alright, sounds good to me. I'll definitely let you know via PM when I'll be away for awhile.

- Trades will not be allowed.

- 10 hour limit for picks. We can still discuss this but we'll just go with 10 hours for now. If you feel you'll miss your pick, please PM me (or in some cases Whitesnake) with a short list of picks.

- We'll wait for the lottery before we begin the draft. For playoff teams, we'll just use final standings.

- We won't take into consideration any trades for picks that have taken place. This way it'll be fair for everyone. All teams will have 3 picks in the draft.

- We'll use the 1-30, 1-30, 1-30 format.

Sound good guys?
Good enough here. If the 10-hour is not respected, and if we don't received the list of teams, what then? Anybody wants to play the "reliever", somebody who's always here to pick for people who are not showing up or we extend the waiting time?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:10 PM
  #61
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,537
vCash: 500
I'll be Gary Bettman.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:35 PM
  #62
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
alright, sounds good to me. I'll definitely let you know via PM when I'll be away for awhile.

- Trades will not be allowed.

- 10 hour limit for picks. We can still discuss this but we'll just go with 10 hours for now. If you feel you'll miss your pick, please PM me (or in some cases Whitesnake) with a short list of picks.

- We'll wait for the lottery before we begin the draft. For playoff teams, we'll just use final standings.

- We won't take into consideration any trades for picks that have taken place. This way it'll be fair for everyone. All teams will have 3 picks in the draft.

- We'll use the 1-30, 1-30, 1-30 format.

Sound good guys?
Sounds good to me.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:38 PM
  #63
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Good enough here. If the 10-hour is not respected, and if we don't received the list of teams, what then? Anybody wants to play the "reliever", somebody who's always here to pick for people who are not showing up or we extend the waiting time?
I guess we can have a small group of backup posters who will decide and make the pick for the poster in that case.

A group of 2 or 3 posters would probably be good.

These same 2 or 3 posters could also step and and take over a team if someone backs out or is inactive.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
  #64
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Sounds good to me

''The Anaheim Ducks are proud and pleased to select....(drumroll) JOHN TAVARES!

yea ok sure ---->

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
  #65
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I'll be Gary Bettman.
Man you're gonna be getting booooed allot!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:26 AM
  #66
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I'll be Gary Bettman.
sounds good.

Does anyone want to volunteer to do TSN-like commentary?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:52 AM
  #67
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I guess we can have a small group of backup posters who will decide and make the pick for the poster in that case.

A group of 2 or 3 posters would probably be good.

These same 2 or 3 posters could also step and and take over a team if someone backs out or is inactive.
Probably posters who weren't able to sign in and would have really like to join the group? Our Stand-by GM's?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM
  #68
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
sounds good.

Does anyone want to volunteer to do TSN-like commentary?
Well I could be Pierre McGuire with

- What a mistake by the Habs coming right off the reservation... or

- What a MONSTER pick by the Leafs!

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:00 AM
  #69
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well I could be Pierre McGuire with

- What a mistake by the Habs coming right off the reservation... or

- What a MONSTER pick by the Leafs!
Also prepare two bowls with players' names dumped into them, one for players from the 60s-70s and another for 80s-90s. After every pick pull out a name from each bowl and compare said pick to them.

"He has the tenacity of Glen Hall and the wrist shot of Peter Stastny!"

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 10:18 AM
  #70
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,101
vCash: 500
so, is everyone still going to be on board for after the lottery?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM
  #71
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Sure am, can't wait it will be alot of fun

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 02:08 PM
  #72
Globalz
 
Globalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
will be there too

Globalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
  #73
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,254
vCash: 500
Of course, can't wait !

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
  #74
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Definitely.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:56 AM
  #75
DougHarvey
Registered User
 
DougHarvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
All good here, waiting to win that 1st overall.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.