HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs board (annual) 2009 NHL mock draft!

Old
04-02-2009, 09:05 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Dibs on the Flames.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
April 14th
Tnx !

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

alright guys, all spots are now taken. We have some pretty good and active posters so it should be a fun mock.

We should decide on some rules now.

- Trades? Yes or no..I vote no.

- Time limit for picks?

- Can someone (1 or 2 people) volunteer to be the PM guy incase the team that's picking and myself aren't on? If you feel you'll miss your pick please pm me (and whoever volunteers) with a short list of players.

- Also, we'll have to decide on a draft order for the playoff teams. We can wait until after the lottery for that.

- And finally, do you guys want to include trades for picks that have taken place already? Or to make it fair for everyone do you want all teams to have a pick in each round?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
alright guys, all spots are now taken. We have some pretty good and active posters so it should be a fun mock.

- Time limit for picks?

- Can someone (1 or 2 people) volunteer to be the PM guy incase the team that's picking and myself aren't on? If you feel you'll miss your pick please pm me (and whoever volunteers) with a short list of players.

- Also, we'll have to decide on a draft order for the playoff teams. We can wait until after the lottery for that.

- And finally, do you guys want to include trades for picks that have taken place already? Or to make it fair for everyone do you want all teams to have a pick in each round?
1. Trades - No

2. Time Limit - Considering most people work 8 hours shifts id say 10 hours max...

4. For the playoffs teams ranking, we should go by points on april 14th after the lottery is done imo (that is the ranking based on the day before since the lottery is in the day)

5. Each team should have a pick in each round just to make it fair and funnier

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:25 PM
guest1467

Just go old school rules, the final standings determine the whole draft order, not the playoffs.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Chomsky

Quote:

- Time limit for picks?

No.

10-12 hours.

It should sort itself out as people are not usually patient.

Final standing.

I dunno, I actually don't mind either, but I guess it would be more realistic if the traded picks were included.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

- Time limit for picks?

1- No trades. We have enough trouble picking as it is.
2- Time limit: Well I'm on HF at work and at home so 10 hours is fine with me. But from past experience......we keep hearing about people who only have access to HF at night so if a pick is done at midnight, 10 hours means 10am, there's just no way they'll be able to do it. Unless EVERYBODY says that they have access to HF all day long, we might suggest to people to make their picks as soon as possible but with a limit of 10PM the day after the last pick is chosen.
3- I can be the PM guy when you are not there. I would appreciate though that you PM me in advance that you're not going to make it.
4- Draft order? Final standings. No need to wait for the playoffs.
5- We probably shouldn't take into consideration the trades for picks. 'Cause then there are some conditional picks in there and so on......1 Pick for every team in every round. And I would suggest also the regular format. From 1 to 30, and then 1 to 30 again and so on. Let's keep it the same format as the NHL do it so we don't do 1 to 30 and 30 to 1.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
2- Time limit: Well I'm on HF at work and at home so 10 hours is fine with me. But from past experience......we keep hearing about people who only have access to HF at night so if a pick is done at midnight, 10 hours means 10am, there's just no way they'll be able to do it. Unless EVERYBODY says that they have access to HF all day long, we might suggest to people to make their picks as soon as possible but with a limit of 10PM the day after the last pick is chosen.
3- I can be the PM guy when you are not there. I would appreciate though that you PM me in advance that you're not going to make it.
5- We probably shouldn't take into consideration the trades for picks. 'Cause then there are some conditional picks in there and so on......1 Pick for every team in every round. And I would suggest also the regular format. From 1 to 30, and then 1 to 30 again and so on. Let's keep it the same format as the NHL do it so we don't do 1 to 30 and 30 to 1.

sounds good to me.

Keep It Stupid Simple

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
alright, sounds good to me. I'll definitely let you know via PM when I'll be away for awhile.

- Trades will not be allowed.

- 10 hour limit for picks. We can still discuss this but we'll just go with 10 hours for now. If you feel you'll miss your pick, please PM me (or in some cases Whitesnake) with a short list of picks.

- We'll wait for the lottery before we begin the draft. For playoff teams, we'll just use final standings.

- We won't take into consideration any trades for picks that have taken place. This way it'll be fair for everyone. All teams will have 3 picks in the draft.

- We'll use the 1-30, 1-30, 1-30 format.

Sound good guys?

Old
04-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
alright, sounds good to me. I'll definitely let you know via PM when I'll be away for awhile.

- 10 hour limit for picks. We can still discuss this but we'll just go with 10 hours for now. If you feel you'll miss your pick, please PM me (or in some cases Whitesnake) with a short list of picks.

- We'll wait for the lottery before we begin the draft. For playoff teams, we'll just use final standings.

- We won't take into consideration any trades for picks that have taken place. This way it'll be fair for everyone. All teams will have 3 picks in the draft.

Sound good guys?
Good enough here. If the 10-hour is not respected, and if we don't received the list of teams, what then? Anybody wants to play the "reliever", somebody who's always here to pick for people who are not showing up or we extend the waiting time?

Old
04-03-2009, 12:10 PM
SpreeEndaz

I'll be Gary Bettman.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:35 PM
felixd

Quote:

Sound good guys?
Sounds good to me.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Good enough here. If the 10-hour is not respected, and if we don't received the list of teams, what then? Anybody wants to play the "reliever", somebody who's always here to pick for people who are not showing up or we extend the waiting time?
I guess we can have a small group of backup posters who will decide and make the pick for the poster in that case.

A group of 2 or 3 posters would probably be good.

These same 2 or 3 posters could also step and and take over a team if someone backs out or is inactive.

Old
04-03-2009, 01:02 PM
BeBen*

Sounds good to me

''The Anaheim Ducks are proud and pleased to select....(drumroll) JOHN TAVARES!

yea ok sure ---->

Old
04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I'll be Gary Bettman.
Man you're gonna be getting booooed allot!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I'll be Gary Bettman.
sounds good.

Does anyone want to volunteer to do TSN-like commentary?

Old
04-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I guess we can have a small group of backup posters who will decide and make the pick for the poster in that case.

A group of 2 or 3 posters would probably be good.

These same 2 or 3 posters could also step and and take over a team if someone backs out or is inactive.
Probably posters who weren't able to sign in and would have really like to join the group? Our Stand-by GM's?

Old
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
sounds good.

Does anyone want to volunteer to do TSN-like commentary?
Well I could be Pierre McGuire with

- What a mistake by the Habs coming right off the reservation... or

- What a MONSTER pick by the Leafs!

Old
04-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Well I could be Pierre McGuire with

- What a mistake by the Habs coming right off the reservation... or

- What a MONSTER pick by the Leafs!
Also prepare two bowls with players' names dumped into them, one for players from the 60s-70s and another for 80s-90s. After every pick pull out a name from each bowl and compare said pick to them.

"He has the tenacity of Glen Hall and the wrist shot of Peter Stastny!"

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

so, is everyone still going to be on board for after the lottery?

Old
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM
BeBen*

Sure am, can't wait it will be alot of fun

Old
04-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Globalz

will be there too

Globalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Of course, can't wait !

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
felixd

Definitely.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:56 AM
DougHarvey

All good here, waiting to win that 1st overall.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote