HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Contradiction time?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2009, 05:59 PM
  #1
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Contradiction time?

It seems that everything that was said during the February slump vanished but if we take an overview look of what was said...it doesent fit

1. Price,Higgins,S.Kost and Gorges partying so hard that it affected their play also that Price was drunk on the ice for the 7-2 loss against the Oilers

2. Saku Koivu and Alex Kovalev are arch-enemies

1. Price was great before he got the flu, Higgins is finally in a position where the team doesent rely on him, in a position where he can play freely without thinking of consequences and he's doing great, he's just amazing on the PK i thought id never see a player like Bégin again on the PK

2. Although i think the duo on the first line is Alex.T and Alex.K, Koivu is contributing to the line in a way no one would have expected, finally a good 15M line lol, make the Cammalleri-Jokinen-Iginla line look like a 2nd line

If only Saku can stay healthy in playoffs this line is going to be amazing and if Price can do what he's done over the past games he played i think we can take any team in the east, except maybe NJ lol

So my question to you guys is...no more bombs is going to blow up this summer? You think anything really happened outside the ice during our slump or was it a normal 82 games season slump?

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 06:07 PM
  #2
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Just an other season in Montreal... eh?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 06:08 PM
  #3
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Just an other season in Montreal... eh?
hehe you're right it seems so long, makes you forget the pranks Price and Gorges we're making at the beginning after a win

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 06:12 PM
  #4
MonacoBlue
 
MonacoBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,997
vCash: 500
I used to think it would be amazing to play for the Habs - my favourite team playing in my favourite city. Now, after this season, I finally understand why a lot of players avoid coming here. The media circus and the fan overreaction was ridiculous during the slump. People were throwing wild accusations around and just grasping at straws to find explanations. The players and staff were accused of anything and everything. Just despicable. There's constructive criticism and analysis, you know, and then there's bashing. The bashing was just crazy.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 06:18 PM
  #5
j c petit
Locked-out
 
j c petit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rink Rat
Country: Canada
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
I used to think it would be amazing to play for the Habs - my favourite team playing in my favourite city. Now, after this season, I finally understand why a lot of players avoid coming here. The media circus and the fan overreaction was ridiculous during the slump. People were throwing wild accusations around and just grasping at straws to find explanations. The players and staff were accused of anything and everything. Just despicable. There's constructive criticism and analysis, you know, and then there's bashing. The bashing was just crazy.
I find it absolutely disgusting the way some members of the media love to stir up the masses.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 06:53 PM
  #6
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
I find it absolutely disgusting the way some members of the media love to stir up the masses.
I find it sad how a lot of the man babies on the team can't take the heat.

I'm sorry, but at the end of the day you have a job to do, regardless of what people are saying about you. It's not even like if someone has a problem with you at work. It's like working at Wal-Mart and a group of customers bad mouth you in the smoking section. Who cares? OHHH IT'S CELEBRITIES AND THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS READ IT AND IT COMES BACK TO THEM. Suck it up, sport.

Now, I don't know if anyone on our Habs is specifically affected by negative media, but if they are, that's weak of them. Who cares what the Canadian media says. The Montreal Canadiens are a hockey team, that's all.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
  #7
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
I find it absolutely disgusting the way some members of the media love to stir up the masses.
i find it absolutely hilarious how fans think that their opinion, or that of media, matters at all in the thinking of an elite athlete.

Athletes go to Toronto, they go to Montreal and New York and they take the attention that goes with it. I'll bet guys that most get singled out don't even go online or read the papers that muck rake.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
  #8
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,416
vCash: 500
I find it pathetic, for one, that clowns like Alain Chantelois and RDS/Antichambre are allowed to breathe in public, let alone on camera in front of morons who believe every word they say...

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
  #9
j c petit
Locked-out
 
j c petit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rink Rat
Country: Canada
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I find it sad how a lot of the man babies on the team can't take the heat.

I'm sorry, but at the end of the day you have a job to do, regardless of what people are saying about you. It's not even like if someone has a problem with you at work. It's like working at Wal-Mart and a group of customers bad mouth you in the smoking section. Who cares? OHHH IT'S CELEBRITIES AND THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS READ IT AND IT COMES BACK TO THEM. Suck it up, sport.

Now, I don't know if anyone on our Habs is specifically affected by negative media, but if they are, that's weak of them. Who cares what the Canadian media says. The Montreal Canadiens are a hockey team, that's all.
To some extent I do agree with what you're saying, these guys are pampered, but the media's bashing is just so petty and in such bad taste. In some cases it is out and out slander. Being a player on the Habs does not make you fair game, or at least it shouldn't.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.