HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, European & Juniors discussion

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
How are these feeds Squishy? (or anyone who knows) I don't wanna burn money on something that's gonna be painful to watch.

Old
04-03-2009, 06:31 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I'm thinking about getting a Grachev jersey. Where do I go to get one?
You can get one here, though you may have to have the name put on afterward:

http://www.battalionhockey.com/shop/...php?cPath=1_21

Or you could buy a game worn one, but that will cost you at least $500 CAD:

http://www.battalionshop.com/auction...tion_id=100218

Old
04-03-2009, 06:33 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
How are these feeds Squishy? (or anyone who knows) I don't wanna burn money on something that's gonna be painful to watch.
I've watched quite a few this year (I'm watching the pregame right now). The quality is pretty good. Definitely worth it.

Old
04-03-2009, 06:33 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Haven't watched any this year. Quality was good last year in the playoffs. (But I'm used to watching the Pack online, so my standards may be lower than others)

Old
04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post

Or you could buy a game worn one, but that will cost you at least $500 CAD:

http://www.battalionshop.com/auction...tion_id=100218
Yikes.

Does anyone know a site where you can get Russian WJC jersey's? That'd probably be a lot cheaper, and easier.

Old
04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post

Nice.

No points for Grachev tonight in a close 2-1 game.

Old
04-04-2009, 12:10 PM
squishy

Quote:
It wasn't easy when Del Zotto first got here. It was a major adjustment. He was coming to a team that had a lot of talented players and played a different style. It was obvious the young blueliner wanted to show what he could do.

And there were demands placed on him defensively that hadn't been there before.

Del Zotto's offensive skill was evident on a nightly basis. But he made some eye-popping defensive errors that resulted in goals.

But like his team, the last 15 games have been good ones for Del Zotto. He's settled into his role not only as a terrific offensive player but his overall game has made a quantum leap.

"He's come a long way," said Knights assistant coach Pat Curcio. "If you ask me where he was when he got here and where he is today, his improvement has been outstanding. He's going to challenge to be in the National Hockey League next year.

"We watch tapes here, his mistakes are minimal, his gaps are much better where he's stepped it up, he's limited space on the ice an his stick has been fantastic. We talk about getting sticks in lanes and he's really improved at that."

He did all of that last night. He made some great passes and was often the player taking care of the defensive end of things. He was a plus-3. He won't earn headlines because of his point total last night, but he was strong.

Del Zotto is a composed individual. He handles pressure well and his addition to the Knights has allowed the team to redo their power play moving John Carlson up front. Since Del Zotto's arrival, the Knights powerplay has been the best in the league.
http://lfpress.ca/perl-bin/publish.c...1844&s=knights

Old
04-04-2009, 03:52 PM
eco's bones

Without really seeing much of him Squishy some things I have seen or read about Sanguinetti just remind me of Tom Poti. He's a talented d-man but one that's not always easy to like. That's probably why I like MDZ as a prospect better. Talent wise I think it's probably close to a wash but I think MDZ is going to be a lot quicker study in his own end. Sanguinetti also seems lankier and Del Zotto stockier and stronger on his skates. Maybe these impressions are off though.

Old
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Without really seeing much of him Squishy some things I have seen or read about Sanguinetti just remind me of Tom Poti. He's a talented d-man but one that's not always easy to like. That's probably why I like MDZ as a prospect better. Talent wise I think it's probably close to a wash but I think MDZ is going to be a lot quicker study in his own end. Sanguinetti also seems lankier and Del Zotto stockier and stronger on his skates. Maybe these impressions are off though.
Sangs is nothing like Poti at all.....

Old
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post

It has the option to get it lettered and number right above the jerseys...

Old
04-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Salvage21

Del Zotto tied the game up at 1-1 with a Power Play goal. It is now 2-1 London. Watching the Rangers power play today made me sick to my stomach, I cannot wait for Del Zotto and Sanguinetti to run it!

Old
04-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Sangs is nothing like Poti at all.....
+1

And I don't really agree with the talk about Sangs beeing all that bad defensivly.

People look for "faults" after a goal was scored. Like "darn we let in a goal, who was closest to the puck? Who could have skaten up to the player who scored and lifted his stick?". In the game of hockey around 5-7 goals are scored in most games -- are all thoose scored because of "misstakes"? You could put it that way but then the attacking team would never did anything well, it would always be the defending team that made misstakes.

When Artem Anisimov scores a goal in HFD the reports are never "Anisimov scored because of a player on the other team slightly missing his cover", while when we let in a goal its always "Sangs missed his coverege". Its nothing wrong with that, thats pretty much how all teams are covered. But for people who doesn't watch any games and only reads the reports it doesn't paint the whole picture.

Bobby Sanguinettti can improve his defense for sure. But so can Brandon Dubinsky. And Artem Anisimov. In many situation its more important to have a good defensive center then a good defensive D. Like even a Strudwick can handle most 1 on 1 situaitons in the NHL. But its allot easier for a center to blow his coverege. And a 3 on 2 often develops to a 2 on 1 and thoose are pretty dangerous too.

Also, early in the season HFD couldn't play offensive hockey -- then just about everyone down there (supposedly) struggled defensivly. Potter, Fahey, Denisov, Sangs and co. I think allot of that have to do with how hard it is to defend these days. Like when Anaheim isn't playing well offensivly -- Pronger, Nieds and co all struggles. You can't defend well shift after shift unless you collapse completely with 4-5 guys. We didn't do that in HFD -- and then the D's have zero marginals for misstaks. Like all they need to do is end up on the wrong side of a forward. Before you could clutch and grab some and make up for that, now you can't. And what side you "should" stand on is sometimes a lottery -- like if a rebound goes one way you should stay on one side, but if it goes the other you end up on the back of your guy.

I think HFD have a very good and deep blueline this season. Denisov moves pretty well and is a bit of a junk yard type. Fahey have "everything" a D should have -- then maybe he isn't putting it all togehter on a regular basis, but he is pretty talented for the role he plays on that team. Potter is definitly a good AHL D. The same with Sauer. Sanguintti is of course a good AHL D. Sometimes it sounds like they are a bunch of AHL versions of Poti and Bäckman -- that isn't the case. Fahey is much more like a Brad Stuart of the AHL. Sangs like a Brian Campbell. Potter like a Bouwmeester. Denisov like a Adam Foote. Sauer like a, I don't know but you get my point. If a team in the NHL had Campbell, Bouwmeester, Stuart, Foote and whoever Sauer would be theyd have one of the best bluelines in the league. And I definitly think HFD have one of the best bluelines in the AHL.

Last edited by Ola: 04-04-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old
04-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Salvage21

It's obvious that the Rangers biggest need is a true power play quarterback- And Michael Del Zotto may be just important to the future of the Rangers than Grachev. Two quick power play goals for London, they now lead 4-1. Del Zotto got a primary assist on Tavares' goal and then a secondary on Varone's. Overall, in seven games, Del Zotto is 2-10-12.

Edit: I'm not watching the game, but I'm listening to the radio feed if anyone is interest:

http://www.cjbk.com/player/player

Last edited by Salvage21: 04-04-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old
04-04-2009, 07:29 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
Del Zotto tied the game up at 1-1 with a Power Play goal. It is now 2-1 London. Watching the Rangers power play today made me sick to my stomach, I cannot wait for Del Zotto and Sanguinetti to run it!
Del Zotto with another pair of assist in the 2nd, now has 1G/2A through 35 minutes of play, London is winning 4-1. He's now first in points among defensivemen in the playoffs with 12 in 7 games...2 points away from being tied in 1st in point among everyone

He's even got a point more then Tavares in the playoffs

Old
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

I seriously think MDZ can make the team next season, oh that would be such a blessing bring in an offensive dynamo and trade the fat cow Redden.

Old
04-04-2009, 07:38 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I seriously think MDZ can make the team next season, oh that would be such a blessing bring in an offensive dynamo and trade the fat cow Redden.
Wouldn't mind it one bit. I watched Del Zotto play a few times and the guy has better hockey sense in the offensive zone than just about any defenseman on this team. He's also pretty physical

Del Zotto could possibly be the saving grace of our PP in the next few years. Sangs too, but I think Del Zotto's upside is higher

Old
04-04-2009, 07:44 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I too think DZ > Sanguinetti. I haven't seen them often, but every time I do, that feeling is reinforced.

Old
04-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Salvage21

While I think that the defenseman that could help out the team the most should be given a shot, I think that Sanguinetti will be given more of a chance to earn his spot in camp over Del Zotto because Sather might not want to burn a year of Del Zotto's entry level contract.

Old
04-04-2009, 07:54 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

I wanted Carlson (Z's defensive partner in London now, ironically) in this past draft, but I did not shed a single tear that Mike fell to the Rangers. I honestly thought he would be gone no later than 15th or 16th overall, so it was a very pleasant surprise that the Rangers ended up with him.

In preseason, if you told me to watch the game, but not be able to know who the players were, I would have said Del Zotto looked like an NHL defenseman (at 18!). His poise, quickness on his skates, and overall composure are excellent for a hockey player of any age. He also showed a bit of a nasty side in a body check that I recall him throwing. As long as his coverage in the defensive zone is not atrocious, I see no reason why he can't be a Ranger next season (all cap issues aside of course).

Old
04-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Cherepanisimov

Other than LA, is there any team with a defensive future as good as ours? In a few years, Staal, Girardi, Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, and even Sauer, Kundratek, etc. WOW. It'd be even better if the Gilroy rumor turned out true.
Concerning Del Zotto, I don't think he will be on the Rangers next year. If we have any of them at all, we won't have more than one rookie defenseman, and Sanguinetti at this point, has a better chance of being that guy. And Sauer probably has a better chance than either of them, maybe even Potter, too. But it isn't a bad thing for MDZ, because with the worries of his defensive play, another year in the OHL may benefit him as much as the NHL would, much like it did with Staal. In my opinion, Sanguinetti will end up better in the long run, but I really don't care who is better. As long as one of them can save our powerplay.

Old
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
NYR Viper

Yea, its nice to see all of the wealth of young d-men coming up but the problem still remains, who will be scoring goals?

Old
04-04-2009, 09:34 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

MDZ was named #1 star of the game

London won 4-3

Game 3 is tomorrow night.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...?game_id=15944

Brampton's game 3 is tomorrow afternoon.

Old
04-04-2009, 10:10 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Wherever Cann plays, he knows who’s going to be in front of him in the big situations with the game on the line. That’s John Carlson and Michael Del Zotto time.

Carlson breathed a sigh of relief when the Bochek puck hit the post. He and Del Zotto, both NHL first rounders, skated miles.

“You need a little luck to be good,” the Washington draft pick said. “Canner played well for us and there were a couple of tough breaks. I just think we have to be a little more defensive. I love playing with Michael (Del Zotto). It’s been great. We’re working well. The whole D corps is coming together at the right time.

“You’re here to develop and you want to show that you can play in every situation so when you get to the next level, you’ve already been through it.”

They played the big minutes. They played on the power play, the penalty kill. Five-on-five. Four-on-four
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Sports/2...4/9007431.html

Old
04-05-2009, 09:40 AM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Yea, its nice to see all of the wealth of young d-men coming up but the problem still remains, who will be scoring goals?
The Battleship

Old
04-05-2009, 12:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
The Battleship
Speaking of The Battleship, his Battalion are in action at 2PM. They're up 2-0 on the Majors, and can really put the series away with a win at home.

Grachev has 5G-5A-10P in 6 games, with a +7.

Closed Thread