HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist

Old
04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
lundqvistfan33

vCash: 500
Lundqvist

i didnt see the game tonight. Is hank okay? Does anyone have a link to the video of Lundqvist getting hit?

lundqvistfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Rust Heisenberg

the way he got hurt is what concerned me. i dont know if its possible to sprain an elbow but thikn about rolling ur ankle and then think about lundqvists elbow against the post. the rangers energy really fell out after that. the game began with such intensity and then after that it was like the team had their breath knocked out of htem. regardless hank played all 3 periods, but he did look to me like he was feeling pain in his left side. he was out of position many times, his whole balance seemed to be off. and when he was getting up he would have trouble with it. i hope its just a bruise or something not serious because the way the viewer saw it on tv it looked pretty bad.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Ice Hockey

it looked like his elbow got hyper-extended. i think he'll be fine.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:00 AM
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
the way he got hurt is what concerned me. i dont know if its possible to sprain an elbow but thikn about rolling ur ankle and then think about lundqvists elbow against the post. the rangers energy really fell out after that. the game began with such intensity and then after that it was like the team had their breath knocked out of htem. regardless hank played all 3 periods, but he did look to me like he was feeling pain in his left side. he was out of position many times, his whole balance seemed to be off. and when he was getting up he would have trouble with it. i hope its just a bruise or something not serious because the way the viewer saw it on tv it looked pretty bad.
Really? B/c I seem to remember the Rangers outshooting Carolina 31-14 thru the first two periods and owning the overall edge in play until the third.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:56 AM
The Lunatic Fridge

Send a message via AIM to The Lunatic Fridge Send a message via MSN to The Lunatic Fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Hockey View Post
it looked like his elbow got hyper-extended. i think he'll be fine.
Looks like his leg got "jammed" on the post ,groin?

The Lunatic Fridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 06:12 AM
RANGERS2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Looks like his leg got "jammed" on the post ,groin?
was deff his arm all i know is i didnt breath till he got up from the ice

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Section311
HFBoards Sponsor

During the post game he said it was his shoulder and that he couldnt move it at first and it was really stiff for the next 20 minutes

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 08:35 AM
bubba5

Henrick is the most over-rated goalie in the NHL... I said it when they gave him the extension on his contract. Was not deserving of it at the time. He was very good his first year and has had his moments the last couple of years but he is very inconsistant. To get such a big contract could you at least get to a conf. final? He lets in soft goals and does not make the big saves when needed most. I know he had a grat game against the Devils but very subpar down the stretch. I know he had 3 vezina nominations, but the first one I feel was the only deserving one, maybe the 2nd but debatable.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 12:38 PM
ZacUSNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Henrick is the most over-rated goalie in the NHL... I said it when they gave him the extension on his contract. Was not deserving of it at the time. He was very good his first year and has had his moments the last couple of years but he is very inconsistant. To get such a big contract could you at least get to a conf. final? He lets in soft goals and does not make the big saves when needed most. I know he had a grat game against the Devils but very subpar down the stretch. I know he had 3 vezina nominations, but the first one I feel was the only deserving one, maybe the 2nd but debatable.
Dumbest thing i've ever read.

Lundqvist is a fantastic goalie.

If you want to talk about most overrated - lets look at the NJ camp.

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 01:49 PM
brettholmesx

Quote:
subpar down the stretch? yeah a 9-4 record with a gaa of like 2.20.

really bad..

brettholmesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:39 PM
SPG

139-82 career record
.916 career sv%
3 playoff appearances in 3 completed seasons
3 vezina nominations in 3 completed seasons
20 shutouts in 4 seasons

yeah...it's official...he blows.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2009, 02:42 PM
SPG

Quote:
Agreeing with brettholmesx's point...

Lundqvist's March '09 stats:
8-3, .922%, 2.27GAA

You Fail.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 08:22 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
139-82 career record
.916 career sv%
3 playoff appearances in 3 completed seasons
3 vezina nominations in 3 completed seasons
20 shutouts in 4 seasons

yeah...it's official...he blows.
Ok, so that is the standard now to make the playoffs and maybe win 1 round a season. Never said the guy blows. You guys can throw out all the stats in the world that his save % is .9whatever, so is most of the goalies in the NHL.
Where was he in Pittsburgh, 3-3 when Crosby came in
where was he in Carolina when it was 2-2,
4 shots on goal in the third period by Ottawa, 1 goal

Take the SO wins away and his record is not as it seams.

The guy has been good, great in spots, but he is very inconsistent in big moments in games and that is what great goalies are made of.

Answer this, did the guy deserve to be in the all-star game this year. Take to Rangers glasses off before you answer that one.

Just an FYI, his .914 save % is 19th in the NHL
His 2.48 GAA is 14th
His 3 SO is 17th

Clemmenson's stats are better than his, now Henrick is a far better goalie than him, but watch out about throwing stats out there

Old
04-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Ok, so that is the standard now to make the playoffs and maybe win 1 round a season. Never said the guy blows. You guys can throw out all the stats in the world that his save % is .9whatever, so is most of the goalies in the NHL.
Where was he in Pittsburgh, 3-3 when Crosby came in
where was he in Carolina when it was 2-2,
4 shots on goal in the third period by Ottawa, 1 goal

Take the SO wins away and his record is not as it seams.

The guy has been good, great in spots, but he is very inconsistent in big moments in games and that is what great goalies are made of.

Answer this, did the guy deserve to be in the all-star game this year. Take to Rangers glasses off before you answer that one.

Just an FYI, his .914 save % is 19th in the NHL
His 2.48 GAA is 14th
His 3 SO is 17th

Clemmenson's stats are better than his, now Henrick is a far better goalie than him, but watch out about throwing stats out there
Quote:
but he is very inconsistent in big moments in games and that is what great goalies are made of.
Oh.... Like the Playoffs last year where he played some of the best hockey he played all year?

Edit: I'm going to say this now because I am certain it's gonna be thrown out there. Yeah, his stats in the playoffs last year were not top notch but if you watched him play you would understand. He was robbing people left and right.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:07 AM
bubba5

Yes tell that to Crosby and Co. I love all thos big saves he made especially in game 1.

Old
04-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
Dumbest thing i've ever read.

Lundqvist is a fantastic goalie.

If you want to talk about most overrated - lets look at the NJ camp.
ok let's look at fat Marty. He has won 3 Cups he took the Devils to the playoffs every season in the NHL but one. 7 seasons with 40 or more wins, (only guy to ever do that) All time most wins ever enough said . Second all time in shout outs. he also four-time Vezina Trophy winner, a four-time Jennings Trophy winner, a ten-time NHL All Star, a Calder Memorial Trophy winner, and one of only two NHL goaltenders to have scored goals in both the regular season and the playoffs. don't go there for a while.

Please don't even dare to compare the 2 of them for a while. Hank is the NY Golden boy. After Richter was forced to retire we all struggled with the second rate bull crap goalies we had in NY. The fact he was a glimmer of hope. Hank is very for sure better the 80% of the goalies in the nhl but he is far from the best and his play overall is weak at times. He has a below average glove hand. He has a terrible temper that I feel at times takes his head out of the game. He tends to take weeks at a time off and makes his excuses public ( dad being sick, headaches and such) The guy needs to sure up his game stop giving up 1 weak goal a game and take the next step which I feel he ca do. But guys take the rainbow glasses off call a spade a spade the guy is above the average goalie but far from elite

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:21 AM
McMonster

^... Didn't see that coming...

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:28 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
ok let's look at fat Marty. He has won 3 Cups he took the Devils to the playoffs every season in the NHL but one. 7 seasons with 40 or more wins, (only guy to ever do that) All time most wins ever enough said . Second all time in shout outs. he also four-time Vezina Trophy winner, a four-time Jennings Trophy winner, a ten-time NHL All Star, a Calder Memorial Trophy winner, and one of only two NHL goaltenders to have scored goals in both the regular season and the playoffs. don't go there for a while.

Please don't even dare to compare the 2 of them for a while. Hank is the NY Golden boy. After Richter was forced to retire we all struggled with the second rate bull crap goalies we had in NY. The fact he was a glimmer of hope. Hank is very for sure better the 80% of the goalies in the nhl but he is far from the best and his play overall is weak at times. He has a below average glove hand. He has a terrible temper that I feel at times takes his head out of the game. He tends to take weeks at a time off and makes his excuses public ( dad being sick, headaches and such) The guy needs to sure up his game stop giving up 1 weak goal a game and take the next step which I feel he ca do. But guys take the rainbow glasses off call a spade a spade the guy is above the average goalie but far from elite
Thank you! It's funny how fans are so loyal they make their players out to be Hall of Famers when they have not won anything. I want Hank to be that guy!!! Those playoff less years have lowered a lot of people's standards.

Old
04-04-2009, 10:40 AM
ThirdEye

Last I checked this thread is about his injury, not his performance on the ice. Can you people go start your own little thread were you can discuss endlessly all you want your opinions of him... same goes for any other player and the constant off topic discussions that ruin threads

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Last I checked this thread is about his injury, not his performance on the ice. Can you people go start your own little thread were you can discuss endlessly all you want your opinions of him... same goes for any other player and the constant off topic discussions that ruin threads
THIS!!!

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Dagoon44

Ok let's talk about the injury is he hurt or not? Seems like the Hank fans are looking for a excuse and the Hank haters want to bash. Is he hurt or not

Old
04-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:

Hey, for the most part I agree with you. However, I don't think many people actually compare the two. Without a doubt Broduer is the better goalie, was the better goalie and will always be known as the better goalie. He's actually my favorite goalie (Weird with me being a ranger fan I know) but he's got tremendous talent. However, you said he's better than only 80% of the Goalies in the NHL. (I am assuming starting goalies but I think it's much more. You don't get nominated for as a Vezina finalist When there are 20% of the NHL's starting goalies who are better than you.

Here is the list of every NHL starting goalie.
I have bolded the players who I think are on the same level as Hank
I have colored players a step above.

Tim Thomas
J. Giguere
K. Lehtonen
Ryan Miller - "?" - I really havn't seen him play
Kipper
Cam Ward
Huet
Budaj
Chris Mason
Turco
Osgood
D. Roloson
Vokoun
Quick
N. Backstrom
Price
Pekka Rinne
Broduer
DePietro
Leclaire
M. Biron
I. Bryzgalov
Fleury
Nabakov - I actually think he's over-rated but for the sake of the argument I will put him in
C. Mason
M. Smith
V. Toskala
R. Luongo
J. Theodore

I think it is you who under-rates Hank.

Old
04-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Dagoon44

Tim Thomas
J. Giguere
K. Lehtonen
Ryan Miller -
Kipper
Cam Ward
Huet
Budaj
Chris Mason
Turco
Osgood
D. Roloson
Vokoun
Quick
N. Backstrom
Price
Pekka Rinne
Broduer
DePietro
Leclaire
M. Biron
I. Bryzgalov
Fleury
Nabakov -
C. Mason
M. Smith
V. Toskala
R. Luongo
J. Theodore

Gold is Elite in my book
Blue is better and Black is equal to.

Old
04-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Garfinkel1

Quote:
Tim Thomas
J. Giguere
K. Lehtonen
Ryan Miller
Kipper
Cam Ward
Huet
Budaj
Chris Mason
Turco
Osgood
D. Roloson
Vokoun
Quick
N. Backstrom
Price
Pekka Rinne
Broduer
DePietro
Leclaire
M. Biron
I. Bryzgalov
Fleury
Nabakov
C. Mason
M. Smith
V. Toskala
R. Luongo
J. Theodore

Gold is Elite in my book
Blue is better and Black is equal to.
Tim Thomas is having a good year but he is NOT equal to Hank. He is also sitting behind TSN's #1 ranked defense in the league.

N. Backstrom - Havn't really watched him play. I honestly know very little about him. I will try and watch him more than.

Fleury - Better than Hank? Really? I think you could make the argument to bold him but not better.

Regardless, this means Hank is anywhere from #4-8. That puts him anywhere from 87%-74%.

Being how he has been a Vezina Finalist year in and year out. Behind a bad to sub-par defense I would say he's closer to 4 and I am happy with a top 5 goalie. Exactly what I think he is and happy we have.

Old
04-04-2009, 03:13 PM
bubba5

So Ward is not better (guess that Stanley Cup ring on his finger does not count, must have been all Gerber) all I know is if that was Lundqvist you guys would have him in the Hall of Fame now (oh what Lunqqvist had a bad playoff that season because he was grinding his teeth and getting migraines. Mason with 10 SO is not having a better year. I bet if you poll this around to other teams, you having Lundqvist at a top 5 would get laughed at. Tim Tomas .933 save % is not better! Nice save on the Bruins 1st shot by the way.