HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Is The Habs Enforcer?

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Mr.Brownov*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mr.Brownov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo
P.S.Mikhnov
P.S.Nice one!

Old
09-09-2004, 01:09 PM
rocketlives

I'd prefer the Habs to go after a player who has NHL hockey skills and hits everything that moves like Bégin but bigger, than a goon who can hardly skate and will drop the gloves about 10 times during the season against the other teams' goons.

With Souray, Komi, Ward, Bégin and this banger with size (Ian Laperriere type) we won't be pushed around like in previous years.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Kafka

There is nothing here to panic with........ they will be a waiver draft when the season will start.

Habs don't have much players to protect this year (with Perreault, Dackell, Juneau and Quintal out), so they can afford to draft an enforcer during the waiver draft. After all, Langdon was taken like that two years ago... or was it last year? anyway....

Old
09-09-2004, 01:35 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Yeah I was kidding.Chipchura is far from the NHL.DUH !!!

You're right Bonneau can be our enforcer (He does have skills).
The possibility of seeing Chipchura in the nhl in a near future isn't out of reach. You never know when a player can do the jump. Look at Bergeron and Stajan, they went in the nhl right away, it's just a matter of a different developement. Naslund, St-Louis and Murray took almost 10 years while some kids take only 3 years. It's not making them better, just different. But if you're talking about Chipchura being an enforcer that's another thing. The guy can fight I'm pretty sure about it, but that's not the job he'll be asked to do. I see that he's got a very good offensive potential along with great defensive awareness, they'll work with that imo.

Old
09-09-2004, 01:44 PM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
Langdon from NJ in the waiver draft!

Old
09-09-2004, 03:50 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
The possibility of seeing Chipchura in the nhl in a near future isn't out of reach. You never know when a player can do the jump. Look at Bergeron and Stajan, they went in the nhl right away, it's just a matter of a different developement. Naslund, St-Louis and Murray took almost 10 years while some kids take only 3 years. It's not making them better, just different. But if you're talking about Chipchura being an enforcer that's another thing. The guy can fight I'm pretty sure about it, but that's not the job he'll be asked to do. I see that he's got a very good offensive potential along with great defensive awareness, they'll work with that imo.
I know what are you tring to say.Chipchura has excellent defencive ability.That's why He was drafted so early (not because of his offensive skills).I ma saying that because We both know that his offensive skills are underrated.I was kidding of course.I thought that will be maybe our enforcer.I said that because He kicked the A$$ of many in the WHL but We know that the enforcer aren't (generally) picked in the first round.He isn't therejsut for fighting , I mean He's there to play a nice style of defense and play a little bit of offense.He's projected to become a great third line checking center.Who simply become a 2nd line center who will put decent numbers that's it ! Bonneau can become a good enforcer.I thought He didn't had skills but When I saw him play.I was impressed.He is one of the best fighter in the Q so ....

Old
09-09-2004, 04:13 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
I know what are you tring to say.Chipchura has excellent defencive ability.That's why He was drafted so early (not because of his offensive skills).I ma saying that because We both know that his offensive skills are underrated.I was kidding of course.I thought that will be maybe our enforcer.I said that because He kicked the A$$ of many in the WHL but We know that the enforcer aren't (generally) picked in the first round.He isn't therejsut for fighting , I mean He's there to play a nice style of defense and play a little bit of offense.He's projected to become a great third line checking center.Who simply become a 2nd line center who will put decent numbers that's it ! Bonneau can become a good enforcer.I thought He didn't had skills but When I saw him play.I was impressed.He is one of the best fighter in the Q so ....
hmmm.... I thought that at first but it's illogical if you think about it twice. I've seen Chipchura at the little prospect camp and he has the passing skills, hands, shot and speed to develop a very interesting player offensively. The second thing that makes me wonder if he could became a good offensive player is the fact that Trevor Timmins drafted him and he's very high on him. That being said, I could be wrong, but I think that the guy could really blossom offensively as soon as next year in the WHL. He has the technical skills but also a good hockey sense. When they drafted him I was unhappy becaue I kept hearing that his offensive game was very average, but after I saw him at those little scrimmage, I could tell the skills were there, so let's hope he'll develop his offensive game.

Old
09-09-2004, 04:29 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
hmmm.... I thought that at first but it's illogical if you think about it twice. I've seen Chipchura at the little prospect camp and he has the passing skills, hands, shot and speed to develop a very interesting player offensively. The second thing that makes me wonder if he could became a good offensive player is the fact that Trevor Timmins drafted him and he's very high on him. That being said, I could be wrong, but I think that the guy could really blossom offensively as soon as next year in the WHL. He has the technical skills but also a good hockey sense. When they drafted him I was unhappy becaue I kept hearing that his offensive game was very average, but after I saw him at those little scrimmage, I could tell the skills were there, so let's hope he'll develop his offensive game.
Yeah nice point.I have just seen Chip once with the raiders.He wasn't comfortable.He was like hiding an injury.Let's not forget that , He was ranked N#1 north americain prospect in the FIRST HALF of the season.After some games , He had an injury and wasn't able to play at 100%.So I know he has skills but they are pretty underrated if you ask others.I am expecting a big season fro CHip next season (I hope He'll stay healthy).I haven't seen Chipchura live yet but I saw some video's of him when He was at Pierrefonds.I saw him scoring some beautiful goals.I hope I'll be able to go to Pierrefonds this weekend (I'll buy some tickets if I can).I loved his defensive game.When you are good defensively it's already a big plus for you.I mean some has beautiful skills and they aren't good defensively.Thy don't know how to play well physical.So generaly they can't bring their offensive skills to the next level (they can but with a lot of effort).

Last edited by CH Wizard: 09-09-2004 at 04:48 PM.
Old
09-09-2004, 09:02 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Plenty of time to pick one up during the Waiver draft. We need one for sure as far as I'm concerned.

Old
09-09-2004, 09:54 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Yeah nice point.I have just seen Chip once with the raiders.He wasn't comfortable.He was like hiding an injury.Let's not forget that , He was ranked N#1 north americain prospect in the FIRST HALF of the season.After some games , He had an injury and wasn't able to play at 100%.So I know he has skills but they are pretty underrated if you ask others.I am expecting a big season fro CHip next season (I hope He'll stay healthy).I haven't seen Chipchura live yet but I saw some video's of him when He was at Pierrefonds.I saw him scoring some beautiful goals.I hope I'll be able to go to Pierrefonds this weekend (I'll buy some tickets if I can).I loved his defensive game.When you are good defensively it's already a big plus for you.I mean some has beautiful skills and they aren't good defensively.Thy don't know how to play well physical.So generaly they can't bring their offensive skills to the next level (they can but with a lot of effort).
I might wanna go there too. I remember not going to school to watch the habs training camp lol.

Old
09-10-2004, 03:18 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
I might wanna go there too. I remember not going to school to watch the habs training camp lol.
You're in college it's not a huge problem !

Btw there's no place left Tommorow it will be full.

<< Calisse >>

Closed Thread