HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"In Dire Straits" - 04.04.09 - Nashville vs. Columbus

Old
04-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
Everyone knows the calls were all bad in this game. But what sealed the deal was the fact that Nashville gets home field advantage and the ability to show bad non-calls on the video board and give the Jackets a penalty. Apparently when you dive at a guy's skates going to the net in OT, that is no longer a penalty. Holding a guy for 15 seconds on the board is also not holding. The refs were horrible. Good that it's the same refs you guys played with in Chicago last night so you guys could give them a bunch of insurance money to make the calls your way. I think the PIM speaks to that in a game where the Jackets only real PP came off a call that shouldn't have been made.

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:27 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
anyway....

Preds move up into 8th again! Lets go Sharks! Beat the Ducks!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Everyone knows the calls were all bad in this game. But what sealed the deal was the fact that Nashville gets home field advantage and the ability to show bad non-calls on the video board and give the Jackets a penalty. Apparently when you dive at a guy's skates going to the net in OT, that is no longer a penalty. Holding a guy for 15 seconds on the board is also not holding. The refs were horrible. Good that it's the same refs you guys played with in Chicago last night so you guys could give them a bunch of insurance money to make the calls your way. I think the PIM speaks to that in a game where the Jackets only real PP came off a call that shouldn't have been made.
rofl, man you guys keep coming from all over the place. quit crying! go to your own GDT and get sympathy from your fellow Jacket fans.

you are aware that linesmen have the ability to let the refs know if they miss a call, right?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Lol

Keep it coming Jacket's fans. Anything else you want to get off your chest? Mom pee in your cheerio's this morning? Seriously....Can all the sore losers go back to their board and complain. Maybe have a pity party?

And yes jktsfan - I think you can be proud of the Preds effort in the final 45 minutes. I mean, they were rolling out a Fiddler/Nichol/Ward scoring line and giving them lots of powerplay time......half the team is an AHL roster at this point. Oh, and they did play an extremely hard fought game last night. Face it, the Preds outworked the Jackets when it counted. They played smash-mouth hockey, and despite being signficantly weaker up front than the Jackets, were the far better team.

04-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Lol

Keep it coming Jacket's fans. Anything else you want to get off your chest? Mom pee in your cheerio's this morning? Seriously....Can all the sore losers go back to their board and complain. Maybe have a pity party?

And yes jktsfan - I think you can be proud of the Preds effort in the final 45 minutes. I mean, they were rolling out a Fiddler/Nichol/Ward scoring line and giving them lots of powerplay time......half the team is an AHL roster at this point. Oh, and they did play an extremely hard fought game last night. Face it, the Preds outworked the Jackets when it counted. They played smash-mouth hockey, and despite being signficantly weaker up front than the Jackets, were the far better team.
You realize we are playing with half our roster out too right? You took out our #2 point scorer early in the game, we don't have one of our top defense men, not to mention the numerous other ongoing injuries the team has. Oh well, we got a point despite the fact we were basically playing with half lines on both ends.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:03 PM
predfan24

Quote:
You realize we are playing with half our roster out too right? You took out our #2 point scorer early in the game, we don't have one of our top defense men, not to mention the numerous other ongoing injuries the team has. Oh well, we got a point despite the fact we were basically playing with half lines on both ends.
You do realize we were without Leggy and Erat and Pihlstrom and Jones and had a half concussed Arnott out there right? Keep the excuses coming. Nashville won because they were the better team after the first.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Gulvorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
You do realize we were without Leggy and Erat and Pihlstrom and Jones and had a half concussed Arnott out there right? Keep the excuses coming. Nashville won because they were the better team after the first.
I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that Columbus had 12 minutes on the PK during the 2nd and 3rd period/OT compared to Nashville's 2. Luckily you guys will only have 1 more home game the rest of the season to milk as many penalties as possible.

Gulvorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:16 PM
predfan24

Quote:
I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that Columbus had 12 minutes on the PK during the 2nd and 3rd period/OT compared to Nashville's 2. Luckily you guys will only have 1 more home game the rest of the season to milk as many penalties as possible.
How long have you been watching hockey? The more agressive team ALWAYS draws more penalties than the team sitting back playing on their heels. Why are you here whining anyways? You guys are actually gonna make it to the playoffs for once and your playing decent hockey. Get over it.

Anyways on to the game. The whole tide turned when we reunited the SAD line. When that line is on they are pretty much unstoppable. Let's hope they stay hot the rest of the season. Pekka looked very mortal tonight. He seemed to being going down to fast and flopping around to much. Still a tough road in front of us, I'd be lieing if I thought we were gonna make it but I hope they prove me wrong!

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Jarnberg

Don't feed the trolls.. let them go back to their boards so they can call us inbreds (yes it is in their GDT) and continue to hope that we don't make the playoffs. Keep it classy CBJ fans (well, some of you anyway).

Last edited by Jarnberg: 04-04-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Don't feed the trolls.. let them go back to their boards so they can call us inbreds (yes it is in their GDT) and continue to hope that we don't make the playoffs. Keep it classy CBJ fans (well, some of you anyway).
They are so excited about their team actually being good they just don't know what to do with themselves. I'm sure we were all like that at some point. Despite being rivals, I like the team they have built and hope they can do some damage in the playoffs.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

Congrats on the two points, I hope you guys make the cut. The more desperate team won tonight.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 01:07 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

V... V... Ville Koistinen?!

I mean... Ville Koistinen?!

Wow... Ville Koistinen...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 01:30 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

To the non ******* Jacket fans: Seriously hope you guys make it in the playoffs and would love to see our two teams meet each other in the playoffs.

Big win tonight.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 07:39 AM
RollingPredFan

hehe, I don't know how CBJ fans can complain when they get a 4 minute phantom call but whatever. I guess Rimer and Gare must have been whining all night.

People are usually way to hard on Arnott, considering he is our leading goal scorer. But what a huge boost, he played hard and without him we lose, easily.

It's kinda weird how Trotzy rolled the lines... I mean it was good to see the SAD line again, they just click... but after a while I kept looking for O'reilly and he wasn't ever on the ice lol... Just the SAD line then Bonk Smitty and Toots. Well whatever, it worked for the most part. We played desperate (after the 1st) and did what we had to. I heart Ville!! Not really but he didnt completely suck last night hehe

Thanks Dallas! Still a long way to go though, its probably going to come down to the last day, but for now we are still ticking

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Was DeVries benched or did he get hurt. I had my suspicions he was benched for making about 3 glaring mistakes in a row leading to the first Jackets goal....Ville was actually very good last night filling in for him.....In fact, I would say he and Klein looked much better than Klein/Devries usually do. Still, I wouldn't stick with that pairing. Ville is too bad laterally to have those two together.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
FIDDLER AND KOISTINEN why? Why not Ward, or O'reilly or Arnott? Tootoo played a great game, great pass for Bonk, keeping with the puck and with his man, congrats to him. Fiddler, on the other hand, sucked. he was so outta position it wasn't funny, and he never has his stick down when he needs to. We're still in it though.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:30 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
and the 45 minute domination was strong enough to take you into OT?
Honestly - if in a 60 minute game you think your team dominated the last 3/4 of it and you didn't clinch the win in regulation - how proud you must be.

as for bad calls - if the refs have to stand around talking for 15 seconds before they decide what happened, it's a bad call whether it benefits you or not.

Quote:

...and to think I have been happy for the success of the Jackets this season . Sure, we're rivals, but I like to see a good success story, the Jackets are just that. Fans like these make me question those feelings. If your team couldn't knock a goal in during that 4 min bad call on us...well...how are we responsible for your 1 goal loss?

Moving on now... great game by both teams. Glad to have the 2 points and be in the running. We're hanging on for dear life, should be a crazy, emotional, wild ride.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 10:58 AM
katzencd

Well, I didn't get to the game until the end of the second, but wow, what a game. Hated I missed Nash actually score some goals in Nashville but was happy about the outcome.

And Ville Koistinen! I have never been happier for a guy than I was for him after the shootout (I seriously almost passed out during the celebration). Way to be a hero Ville. Maybe he can find his playoff form from last year, if he could only get some playing time. I'm gonna miss him next year...I've missed him this year come to think of it.

katzencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:08 PM
isleskovalchuk

Big win preds keep it going!

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 06:12 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
and of course the stupid hawks couldnt beat the jackets in regulation today to help us out.

going into OT

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:11 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I heart my captain, pekka, ville!!!!!

That was too nerve wracking! I don't know where some of you got this love for Columbus, but screw that, I hate them.

I don't know what happened, or who said what in the first intermission, but that was a completely different team that came out on the ice in the second period than the first. More physical, more hard working.

Just having ONE of our injured guys come back really helped. It was so obvious that the team was just tired (probably more mentally than physically) and trying but just had nothing in the tank. If we could get one more guy back that would help a lot.

DeVries only had 4 shifts (3 in the first and 1 in the second), Ortmeyer didn't play the third at all and O'Reilly only had 2 shifts in the third. I guess we went with the horses that carried us all year.

Sweet pass by Smithson to Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Bad reffing both way (what's new?) but the Preds clearly wanted this game more.
I thought it would be more physical, but a fun game nonetheless.
Well from a Preds perspective it was very physical, the Preds outhit BJ's 39-17. And it was that hitting that got the Preds going in the second period and put Cbus on their heels.

---------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
and the 45 minute domination was strong enough to take you into OT?
Honestly - if in a 60 minute game you think your team dominated the last 3/4 of it and you didn't clinch the win in regulation - how proud you must be.
Yes we are proud. Having played Friday we were a tired, desperate team trailing 3-1 in the second period to a well-rested Cbus team, then outworked the BJ's to get it tied then take the lead only to give up a late goal. Then pull out a win the SO. It doesn't matter how the W is recorded, just that it is. I guess you must really hate all those games where Columbus ties the game late and wins in OT or a shootout. I'd hate to sit near you, everyone's cheering and then you'd be all mad and embarassed that your team had to go to OT and just get a horrible win that way, oh the horrors of an OT/SO Win.

Quote:
Well if you're so smart you would already have known that in the Chicago game the Blackhawks only had one penalty called against them and the Preds only had two. Not really anything that would make the Preds need to pay some insurance money to get calls on Saturday.

Quote:
Umberger slash: He slashed/broke the Pred players stick from his hands, that is a penalty every time (see Arnott's penalty, same thing). Too many men: The Cbus player jumped onto the ice and into the play but no one else left the ice, hence 6 skaters playing. Tyutin high stick: Like said above, the linesmen have the ability to call penalties, you see this a lot in high stick situations if the refs miss it but there is blood, they can call the penalty. Sort of like how the linesmen can tell the refs that the puck was shot out of the arena for the delay of game call. If Cbus had scored on their 4 minute PP (which would have won the game in regulation) would you still be complaining about having to kill 1:48 of a 4 min. high stick at the end of the game? Neither team scored, it evens out.

But the last 45 minutes of the game was NOT played entirely on a PP or PK. There was a lot of ES time in there. Nashville outshot cbus in that time 25-9. One team outplayed the other. It happens every night, every game.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:12 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
and of course the stupid hawks couldnt beat the jackets in regulation today to help us out.

going into OT
Hawks Win!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Watching the "Jackets Backers" that drove down for the game, that had been obnoxious and rude the entire time, quiiietly slink out after the SO was golden. Not as golden as the guy who stood up and gave a 180 degree finger to all the Preds fans after the score was tied at 3 getting immediately tossed out by security, though.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:18 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Stay classy Columbus, stay classy.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
And we all know that Preds fans are angels, right? Every team has their *******s.

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote