HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings 1st Rounder

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2009, 11:48 PM
  #151
matt trick
Registered User
 
matt trick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
Rights to Franzen (30-40 goal scorer)
Hudler (60-70 pts and hes young with time to develop)
Lebda (A severicable puckmoving defenseman who can be 5-7,)
Howard (Goalie Prospect who we wont have room for next season so he will probably go on waivers anyways)

For LAK 1st

Thats seems pretty fair and thats alos tons of PO experience. And you can switch Hudler with Filpulla if youd prefer a center.
So if Franzen walks they end up with a small, shifty top 6 forward, a d-man who won't crack their top 6 (Doughty, Quincey, JJ, O'Donnel, Green, Hickey), and a guy who will "probably go on waivers anyway" for a potential franchise player.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 12:13 AM
  #152
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE
 
Chandrashekhar Limit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,935
vCash: 500
How about:

1) Leafs first (8th)
2) Third (98th)

For the 6th pick

OR


1) Leafs first (8th)
2) Stajan

For the 6th pick and a 4th rounder

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 03:27 AM
  #153
DoughtyJovi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Youd rather have Roy than Brown, it aint Patty Roy we talkin here.
Enlighten me why Brown and a quality prospect is equal to Roy??????
Thanks.... pretty rediculous.... Brown, and a top prospect for roy.....
Geeze!! He Crazy or what!!??

DoughtyJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 03:55 AM
  #154
jimmy1100
HFBoards Sponsor
 
jimmy1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,807
vCash: 500
You heard it here first...we're winning the draft lottery and getting Tavares... (right now it'd be a 10.7% chance, that's enough for me to dream)

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 06:25 AM
  #155
r0bert8841
Registered User
 
r0bert8841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,428
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
So if Franzen walks they end up with a small, shifty top 6 forward, a d-man who won't crack their top 6 (Doughty, Quincey, JJ, O'Donnel, Green, Hickey), and a guy who will "probably go on waivers anyway" for a potential franchise player.
Then sign Franzen. LA wouldn't make this idea without being nearly certain Franzen will sign. I doubt he wouldn't stay if offered a fair deal to stay with some of his former teammates in Hudler and Lebda. And you have no idea if Lebda can crack their top 6. Quincey couldnt even crack our top 8 and hes in your top 4. And the wings can throw in other prospects in picks or other rights to players. And all these guys have a fair amount of Playoff experience, which is pretty valuable when the wings actually make the playoffs.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 07:33 PM
  #156
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,544
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
1st round pick (if we do not win the lottery)


1st round pick + Alex Frolov + Ted Purcell + Oscar Moller

for

Illya Kovalchuk

or

1st round pick + Brian Boyle + Colten Teubert

for

Jason Spezza + 2nd round pick

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 08:35 PM
  #157
JMFJ 3
Registered User
 
JMFJ 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: French Polynesia
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
1st round pick (if we do not win the lottery)


1st round pick + Alex Frolov + Ted Purcell + Oscar Moller

for

Illya Kovalchuk

or

1st round pick + Brian Boyle + Colten Teubert

for

Jason Spezza + 2nd round pick

That Kovy deal would have to be contingent on a contract extension, otherwise LA gets robbed.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
  #158
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Sully is a proven 20 goal scorer and is 6 years younger than Williams. Williams was a 30 goal scorer. Now he is a guy who has proven to be a whimp on not step on the ice. There is no defense you can make for him that doesn't look badd for Justin. He never gets serious injuries yet the guy still is out 33 to 50% of every year. Look at his career injury list and compare the time missed for each injury. Also Williams, like Sully absolutely sucked this year when playing and is a disaster on the ice right now.

In regards to your last point I ask you to please show me which players you are reffering to? The Kings payroll and roster is a huge joke. Every player who excersized their rights to ask for money has been been the victom of a smear campaign by DL and moved for trash. Every player coming up is underpaid except for Kopitar and the Kings just gave him the money without prodding by Kopitar. Besides, LA knew that Kopiat had been playing his early years of his career as a 6 million dollar player yet was being paid 1/10th of it.
I hope you arent being serious with that comment. 2 blown knees and a torn achilles arent serious injuries? If those arent serious Id sure like to hear what you idea of a serious injury is. You act like Williams will never again score goals and is a shell of his former self.

What players who have exercised their rights to ask for more money have been a victim of smear campaigns and moved for trash? Visnovsky wasnt a victim of a smear campaign and moved for trash, O'Sullivan wasnt moved for trash and hasnt been the victim of a smear campaign. Cammy wasnt moved for trash and I havent read anything that suggests a smear campaign against him. So who exactly has been moved for trash and been a victim of a smear campaign after asking for more money? And every player coming up is underpaid? Who would that entail? Only Brown and Frolov are young guys not on ELC's , one of them signed his deal 4 years ago, before DL was even a thought, and one signed a cheap deal before he had a breakout year. So who exactly are the young up and comers, not on ELC's who are underpaid.


Last edited by kingpest19: 04-04-2009 at 08:55 PM.
kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 09:13 PM
  #159
GNick42
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
The Kings will draft arround #6-9 and hionestly there is not really what we need.
So, for the case Lombardi wants to trade down...

What would he get ???
Montreal could probably give you a good offer...specially if Duchesne is still on the board. Maybe, the Kostitsyns, Halak and early rights to Komisarek for Frolov and switch of first round picks?

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:13 PM
  #160
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Montreal could probably give you a good offer...specially if Duchesne is still on the board. Maybe, the Kostitsyns, Halak and early rights to Komisarek for Frolov and switch of first round picks?
Don't wanna have or have a use for one of them......
We have a new born Jesus in Jonathan Quick in Goal.
And the Kostitsyns .......... uhmmmm... not really usefull here...
May for some Gangster Movies.. but not on a Hockey team

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:14 PM
  #161
LAX attack*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Danger Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 14,544
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Montreal could probably give you a good offer...specially if Duchesne is still on the board. Maybe, the Kostitsyns, Halak and early rights to Komisarek for Frolov and switch of first round picks?
No offense, but the Kostityns aren't "Dean Lombardi/Terry Murray" type players, off (and to a lesser extent) on the ice

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:02 AM
  #162
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,210
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
That Kovy deal would have to be contingent on a contract extension, otherwise LA gets robbed.
On the contrary, that isn't enough to get Kovalchuk. Atlanta would have to be high to accept that deal.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:03 AM
  #163
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
On the contrary, that isn't enough to get Kovalchuk. Atlanta would have to be high to accept that deal.
Concured.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:07 AM
  #164
JMFJ 3
Registered User
 
JMFJ 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: French Polynesia
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
On the contrary, that isn't enough to get Kovalchuk. Atlanta would have to be high to accept that deal.
Not when they know Kovy is gonna walk next July 1st, they'll move him.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:11 AM
  #165
Mattias
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
Not when they know Kovy is gonna walk next July 1st, they'll move him.
Who says he's gonna walk? Just like Kopitar/Brown/Doughty will walk...

Jesus man. I can see Kovy signing in Atlanta, he's the captain afterall.

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:29 AM
  #166
voxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 500
No convinced the Kings need "more offense from the forwards" if Frolov and "Viva" Williams are healthy - IMO right now, I see the forwards taking on too much of the defensive responsibilities normally handled by D-men.

Also, I think their backend is rather lacking in puck-moving abilities. They need a JayBo IMO and maybe Mats Sundin on a one-year short-term contract.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:54 AM
  #167
aegwillnotwinthecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
No convinced the Kings need "more offense from the forwards" if Frolov and "Viva" Williams are healthy - IMO right now, I see the forwards taking on too much of the defensive responsibilities normally handled by D-men.

Also, I think their backend is rather lacking in puck-moving abilities. They need a JayBo IMO and maybe Mats Sundin on a one-year short-term contract.
Hickey should help next season. Despite the majority of HF judging him off one, overrated tournament, he's a monster puck mover. He had a huge second half of the season in the WHL, and has since netted a goal and three assists in the AHL in his first two games.

Our blueline should look something like this next season:

Johnson-Doughty
Quincey-Greene
O'Donnell-Hickey
Gauthier

Johnson and Doughty can rush the puck with the best of them. Quincey has a good first pass but is best used for his point shot. Hickey is a similar rusher to Doughty.

With a healthy Johnson, the Kings will be fine next year on the backend as far as offensive-defensemen go.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 01:35 AM
  #168
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Who says he's gonna walk? Just like Kopitar/Brown/Doughty will walk...

Jesus man. I can see Kovy signing in Atlanta, he's the captain afterall.
Did wonders for Rob Blake.

Sorry... had to say it.

In essence I agree though, I fantasize daily about trading for Kovie, but I could also easily see him staying in Atlanta.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 02:33 AM
  #169
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
You are on crack if you think LA is giving up their 1st for anything short of Kovalchuk + contract extension (and obviously a lot more coming from LA with it...). And since that is next to impossible, I am going to go with LA is not trading their first rounder. LA will almost certainly select a player. Ron Hextall mentioned the other day that Dean is already well on top of it and has stated again this year that "we are going to get a good player no matter what." Anything short of a superstar winger that could potentially pot 50 goals per season and you can forget LA's first rounder.


Lombardi said that they finally feel they are deep enough to be able to trade their 1st rounder for some immediate help. You have it all backwards.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 02:44 AM
  #170
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
The thing is, you get an established 50goal scorer 90-100pt player. It would give LA one of the deadliest lines in the NHL. Heatley - Kopitar - Brown. The Sens receive potential, these players could not live up to their respective potential that they are projected to be.
Sure, except that Brown is not on the LA 1st line. Kopitar, Williams, and Frolov are.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 05:30 AM
  #171
voxel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 10,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Our blueline should look something like this next season:

Johnson-Doughty
Quincey-Greene
O'Donnell-Hickey
Gauthier
....

With a healthy Johnson, the Kings will be fine next year on the backend as far as offensive-defensemen go.
I think highly of DD and all, but there's is no way I'd want him playing top-pairing ES minutes at his age on a winning team. My opinions on JJ are known - he has to be "sheltered" like Phaneuf (paired with a vet like Hamrlik) was in his first 2-3 years.

The problem with young D is that they tend to get trapped in their own zone - due to size or lack of experience/skill. Being offensive is fine and dandy, but gaining possession in the D-zone and moving it out is first priority.

I'd go hard after Bouwmeester and let JJ and Hickey get the softer D minutes to succeed (PP time + 3rd/4th line opposition).

Now if you wanted to stay in "development" mode for the 09-10 season... keep the above lineup.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 03:23 PM
  #172
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,055
vCash: 500
I am good with keeping the pick because of the following:

1) Young defence core that needs playing time, plus O'Donnell teaching Hickey/Voinov would be good. Mainstays Johnson, Doughty, Quincey, Greene, O'Donnell. Drewskie(sp?) has impressed me as a #6 - 7
2) Quick seems legit, so fast and flexable, plus Bernier could create compitition. Ersberg does well in the bach up role
3) we need 1 Top 3 scoring forward - Gaborik would fit the bill as he is offensive as hell and learned a little D in Minnisota. I am not worried about his injuries. He will be less injury prone if he is happy, plus the surgery sounds like it was successful. I like Handzus and Simmonds together but would like to see one more banger with hands flank them.
4) Boyle, Purcell, Moller should improve. If Boyle continues to do the little things I would love to see him as our #4 plus PP specialist.

-Draft best player available, and start building a Detroit style farn system. I would love to see Moller get a full year in the AHL to work on offense. Even Hickey and Tuebert could benifit from a year down there.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 03:32 PM
  #173
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go
 
Kurrilino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
I am good with keeping the pick because of the following:

1) Young defence core that needs playing time, plus O'Donnell teaching Hickey/Voinov would be good. Mainstays Johnson, Doughty, Quincey, Greene, O'Donnell. Drewskie(sp?) has impressed me as a #6 - 7
2) Quick seems legit, so fast and flexable, plus Bernier could create compitition. Ersberg does well in the bach up role
3) we need 1 Top 3 scoring forward - Gaborik would fit the bill as he is offensive as hell and learned a little D in Minnisota. I am not worried about his injuries. He will be less injury prone if he is happy, plus the surgery sounds like it was successful. I like Handzus and Simmonds together but would like to see one more banger with hands flank them.
4) Boyle, Purcell, Moller should improve. If Boyle continues to do the little things I would love to see him as our #4 plus PP specialist.

-Draft best player available, and start building a Detroit style farn system. I would love to see Moller get a full year in the AHL to work on offense. Even Hickey and Tuebert could benifit from a year down there.
i was thinking that too......
but i'm afraid the drafted will not have that "put the Team over the Top" potential what a proven star player would bring in.
That was the sense of the post here.
If the offers are so low as i read, i would stay with the pick

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 04:01 PM
  #174
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpest19 View Post
I hope you arent being serious with that comment. 2 blown knees and a torn achilles arent serious injuries? If those arent serious Id sure like to hear what you idea of a serious injury is. You act like Williams will never again score goals and is a shell of his former self.

What players who have exercised their rights to ask for more money have been a victim of smear campaigns and moved for trash? Visnovsky wasnt a victim of a smear campaign and moved for trash, O'Sullivan wasnt moved for trash and hasnt been the victim of a smear campaign. Cammy wasnt moved for trash and I havent read anything that suggests a smear campaign against him. So who exactly has been moved for trash and been a victim of a smear campaign after asking for more money? And every player coming up is underpaid? Who would that entail? Only Brown and Frolov are young guys not on ELC's , one of them signed his deal 4 years ago, before DL was even a thought, and one signed a cheap deal before he had a breakout year. So who exactly are the young up and comers, not on ELC's who are underpaid.
05-Feb-09 Shoulder surgery, remainder of the regular season.
09-Apr-07 Missed the last 8 games of the regular season (ankle injury).
23-Mar-07 Ankle injury, day-to-day.
09-Mar-07 Missed 3 games (lower body injury).
03-Mar-07 Lower body injury, day-to-day.
19-Dec-06 Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).
14-Dec-06 Shoulder injury, day-to-day.
19-Jan-06 Missed 2 games (cervical strain).
14-Jan-06 Cervical strain, day-to-day.
29-Mar-04 Missed 1 game (flu).
27-Mar-04 Flu, day-to-day.
14-Mar-04 Missed 17 games (shoulder injury).
03-Feb-04 Shoulder injury, sidelined indefinitely.
31-Jan-04 Unknow, left Saturday's game.
20-Jan-04 Cervical strain, left Tuesday's game (Didn't miss any games).
03-Jan-04 Missed 6 games (concussion).
20-Dec-03 Concussion, sidelined indefinitely.
22-Mar-03 Missed 1 game (sprained ankle).
20-Mar-03 Sprained ankle, day-to-day.
17-Feb-03 Missed 12 games (knee injury).
03-Feb-03 Knee injury, mid-February.
19-Jan-03 Knee injury, day-to-day.
18-Jan-03 Knee injury, left Saturday's game.
30-Dec-02 Missed 1 game (flu).
29-Dec-02 Flu, day-to-day.
26-Dec-02 Missed 1 game (back injury).
23-Dec-02 Back injury, day-to-day.
17-Dec-02 Missed 10 games (back spasms).
27-Nov-02 Back spasms, mid-December.
21-Nov-02 Missed 1 game (back spasms).
19-Nov-02 Back spasms, day-to-day.
30-Apr-01 Missed Game 5 and 6 of Round One against Detroit and Game 1 and 2 of Round Two against Colorado (arm injury).
21-Apr-01 Arm injury, day-to-day.
14-Apr-01 Missed Game 1 against Detroit (knee injury).
11-Apr-01 Knee injury, day-to-day.
07-Dec-00 Missed 1 game (back injury).
03-Dec-00 Back injury, day-to-day.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2223

Or:

24-Dec-08 Groin, sidelined indefinitely.
17-Dec-08 Missed 27 games (back injury).
16-Oct-08 Back injury, day-to-day.
15-Nov-07 Missed 3 games (groin).
05-Nov-07 Groin, day-to-day.
01-Nov-07 Missed 2 games (groin).
27-Oct-07 Groin, day-to-day.
06-Jan-07 Missed 34 games (groin strain).
02-Jan-07 Groin strain, day-to-day.
21-Oct-06 Groin strain, sidelined indefinitely.
23-Nov-05 Missed 11 games (hip flexor).
25-Oct-05 Hip flexor, sidelined indefinitely.
19-Oct-05 Missed 6 games (groin).
04-Oct-05 Groin, mid-October.
28-Sep-05 Groin, day-to-day.
02-Feb-04 Missed 5 games (hip flexor).
22-Jan-04 Hip flexor, day-to-day.
17-Dec-02 Missed 1 game (flu).
15-Dec-02 Flu, day-to-day.
28-Dec-01 Missed 3 games (groin).
22-Dec-01 Groin, day-to-day.
07-Oct-01 Missed 1 game (hernia).
01-Oct-01 Hernia, day-to-day.
08-Apr-01 Missed the last 4 games of the regular season (abdominal strain).
02-Apr-01 Abdominal strain, day-to-day.
30-Nov-00 Missed 6 games (left leg injury).
17-Nov-00 Left leg injury, day-to-day.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2096

Look at those injuries and then look at the amount of time missed for those injuries. That is his entire career. He has been labeled as a guy who doesn't like to play unless he's 100%.

DL always bashes his players upon trading them. Just because he masks his words with lawyers speak doesn't mean he is not smearing them. DL took alot of heat from NHL people because he broke a code and let everything that took place at Cammy's arbitration hearing out to the media. He also said Cammy was a distraction in the locker room (which every other King adamantly denied). This is after the year before he called Cammy a future captain and team leader who is well liked by all.

Last year DL said that Sully was a staple on the team because he was willing to sacrafice scoring to play defensively. "Buying into the system". On the intermission highlights last year they showed Crawford using Sully as an example in the locker room. This year after the contract negotiations DL repeated talked about Sully needing to "buy into the system", and "needs to put the team as number one priority".

There was similiar questions aroused in the handling of Blake this offseason.

In regards to the players coming up being underpaid, I ask you to find one (besides Kopitar , who as I mentioned had different circumstances) who has come up and stayed on the team after getting paid? You won't find one because if they don't take the team discount they are moved. It was Cammy's and O'Sullivan's right to take the team to arbitration and ask for as much as they can.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 04:26 PM
  #175
kingpest19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
05-Feb-09 Shoulder surgery, remainder of the regular season.
09-Apr-07 Missed the last 8 games of the regular season (ankle injury).
23-Mar-07 Ankle injury, day-to-day.
09-Mar-07 Missed 3 games (lower body injury).
03-Mar-07 Lower body injury, day-to-day.
19-Dec-06 Missed 2 games (shoulder injury).
14-Dec-06 Shoulder injury, day-to-day.
19-Jan-06 Missed 2 games (cervical strain).
14-Jan-06 Cervical strain, day-to-day.
29-Mar-04 Missed 1 game (flu).
27-Mar-04 Flu, day-to-day.
14-Mar-04 Missed 17 games (shoulder injury).
03-Feb-04 Shoulder injury, sidelined indefinitely.
31-Jan-04 Unknow, left Saturday's game.
20-Jan-04 Cervical strain, left Tuesday's game (Didn't miss any games).
03-Jan-04 Missed 6 games (concussion).
20-Dec-03 Concussion, sidelined indefinitely.
22-Mar-03 Missed 1 game (sprained ankle).
20-Mar-03 Sprained ankle, day-to-day.
17-Feb-03 Missed 12 games (knee injury).
03-Feb-03 Knee injury, mid-February.
19-Jan-03 Knee injury, day-to-day.
18-Jan-03 Knee injury, left Saturday's game.
30-Dec-02 Missed 1 game (flu).
29-Dec-02 Flu, day-to-day.
26-Dec-02 Missed 1 game (back injury).
23-Dec-02 Back injury, day-to-day.
17-Dec-02 Missed 10 games (back spasms).
27-Nov-02 Back spasms, mid-December.
21-Nov-02 Missed 1 game (back spasms).
19-Nov-02 Back spasms, day-to-day.
30-Apr-01 Missed Game 5 and 6 of Round One against Detroit and Game 1 and 2 of Round Two against Colorado (arm injury).
21-Apr-01 Arm injury, day-to-day.
14-Apr-01 Missed Game 1 against Detroit (knee injury).
11-Apr-01 Knee injury, day-to-day.
07-Dec-00 Missed 1 game (back injury).
03-Dec-00 Back injury, day-to-day.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2223

Or:

24-Dec-08 Groin, sidelined indefinitely.
17-Dec-08 Missed 27 games (back injury).
16-Oct-08 Back injury, day-to-day.
15-Nov-07 Missed 3 games (groin).
05-Nov-07 Groin, day-to-day.
01-Nov-07 Missed 2 games (groin).
27-Oct-07 Groin, day-to-day.
06-Jan-07 Missed 34 games (groin strain).
02-Jan-07 Groin strain, day-to-day.
21-Oct-06 Groin strain, sidelined indefinitely.
23-Nov-05 Missed 11 games (hip flexor).
25-Oct-05 Hip flexor, sidelined indefinitely.
19-Oct-05 Missed 6 games (groin).
04-Oct-05 Groin, mid-October.
28-Sep-05 Groin, day-to-day.
02-Feb-04 Missed 5 games (hip flexor).
22-Jan-04 Hip flexor, day-to-day.
17-Dec-02 Missed 1 game (flu).
15-Dec-02 Flu, day-to-day.
28-Dec-01 Missed 3 games (groin).
22-Dec-01 Groin, day-to-day.
07-Oct-01 Missed 1 game (hernia).
01-Oct-01 Hernia, day-to-day.
08-Apr-01 Missed the last 4 games of the regular season (abdominal strain).
02-Apr-01 Abdominal strain, day-to-day.
30-Nov-00 Missed 6 games (left leg injury).
17-Nov-00 Left leg injury, day-to-day.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=2096

Look at those injuries and then look at the amount of time missed for those injuries. That is his entire career. He has been labeled as a guy who doesn't like to play unless he's 100%.

DL always bashes his players upon trading them. Just because he masks his words with lawyers speak doesn't mean he is not smearing them. DL took alot of heat from NHL people because he broke a code and let everything that took place at Cammy's arbitration hearing out to the media. He also said Cammy was a distraction in the locker room (which every other King adamantly denied). This is after the year before he called Cammy a future captain and team leader who is well liked by all.

Last year DL said that Sully was a staple on the team because he was willing to sacrafice scoring to play defensively. "Buying into the system". On the intermission highlights last year they showed Crawford using Sully as an example in the locker room. This year after the contract negotiations DL repeated talked about Sully needing to "buy into the system", and "needs to put the team as number one priority".

There was similiar questions aroused in the handling of Blake this offseason.

In regards to the players coming up being underpaid, I ask you to find one (besides Kopitar , who as I mentioned had different circumstances) who has come up and stayed on the team after getting paid? You won't find one because if they don't take the team discount they are moved. It was Cammy's and O'Sullivan's right to take the team to arbitration and ask for as much as they can.
What does Gaborik or Lubos injury history have to do with the fact that you were wrong about Williams never having a serious injury? Lets look at Williams seasons in which he didnt suffer a major injury.

2000-01 63 gp suffered a broken hand.
2001-02 75 gp
02-03 41 gp acl mcl injury
03-04 75 games
05-06 82 gp
06-07 83 gp
07-08 37 gp another acl mcl injury
08-09 on pace for 44 gp achilles injury broken hand.

In the seasons he hasnt suffered a major injury or broken bone he manages to play 75+ games. How does that say hes a guy who wont play unless hes 100% When he suffered his first blown knee he was back in 3 months.

So hes bad talked one player. Thats out of how many hes traded? The story keeps changing. And if a GM says a guy needs to buy into the system and put the team first how is that a smear campaign? Its him saying what he feels a player needs to do to improve.

There were similar questions involving Blake? Blake saying he never offered a deal and DL saying he asked them to give him a day or two because he was working on improving the team? Still dont remembering him badmouthing Blake, who would have deserved it based on his actions and words.

Blake, just like Cammy has proven that when it comes down to it, its all about the money with little loyalty. Blake did it twice to the Kings and Cammy started before he even became an NHL player.

Frolov stayed after getting paid, Brown stayed after getting paid, Cammy was here for a year before he was moved, O'Sullivan was traded for a player many see as an upgrade over him whos scored 30 goals twice and is only 3 years older. And yes it was Cammys right to go to arbitration and ask for as much as he wanted, it was also DL's right to trade him if he didnt see him staying here beyond the duration of that contract. O'Sullivan had no rights to arbitration and held out when he needed to be in camp learning an entirely new system. Once again his right to do so and once again DL's right to trade him for a player who is only 3 yrs older who happens to be an upgrade and who isnt much more expensive than O'Sullivan.

You act like thats all DL does is wait for guys to bruise his ego and then trade them for no good reason. When in fact hes done it to one guy who had a history of having contentious negotiations.


Last edited by kingpest19: 04-05-2009 at 04:35 PM.
kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.