HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Official Move Matty Carle to Forward Thread

Old
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Brophy

vCash: 500
I like Carle, to bad he has to suck right now.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Flyersfan1216

I'm actually shocked that this guy

A - Thought of this idea.

B- Thought it was a GOOD idea

C- Post it.

I'm hoping April fools.

Flyersfan1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 06:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Sbisa should be not be an option in the playoffs unless he's forced to be one.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Sbisa should be not be an option in the playoffs unless he's forced to be one.
this

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Norm MacDonald

Carle was simply brutal again tonight. He was getting beat on every other player. Thankfully, Coburn was on his game and covered for most of his mistakes.

I just don't understand what the Flyers are using him for, since they don't need him on the powerplay and he's not that defensively. I said this when Holmgren traded for him: he isn't the kind of defenseman the Flyers needed. Holmgren should have pursued a hard-nosed stay-at-home defenseman, but this is what he got and we are paying the price for it.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 08:31 AM
miltons rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brophy View Post
how about we move him right off the face of the team. sorry matty. 3.5 or whatever sure can come in handy.
I'm with ya, I've seen enough of his give aways in our own end and god forbid he checks sombody. the flyer need to rid themselves of carle, alberts and jones.

miltons rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:10 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

While we're at it, let's move Danny Briere to goaltender and Simon Gagne to Equipment manager. Mike Richards to scout?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:27 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 100
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
And bring back Stevens as Dman.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Opus

I suggest once we clinch our playoff spot, Matt Carle sits on his ass and watches the game from the press box. Maybe he needs a little break, and watching from above will do him some good.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:50 AM
DenverBoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I suggest once we clinch our playoff spot, Matt Carle sits on his ass and watches the game from the press box. Maybe he needs a little break, and watching from above will do him some good.
Ouch! Hating on my boy. Brutal!

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Ha.

I actually take great pride in not hating any of our players. Sure, some I like significantly more than others...but I hate nobody.

With all do respect to your boy, he's really stunk up the joint the last 6 (or so) weeks.

He's a natural defenseman, yes?

Old
04-05-2009, 10:58 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
And bring back Stevens as Dman.
Oh! Oh! Can we reconstruct Keith Jones' knees and bring him back?

Old
04-05-2009, 11:09 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Don't worry, most of the Flyers board is totally incapable of being objective when it comes to rating Carle.

Carle led our team in ES time, finished plus 1, was not out for an even strength goal against and wasn't even out for any huge chances against either.

Meanwhile, Kimmo directly cost us a goal with some really poor positioning during the 5 on 3 and not a word is said about it.

I mean, the Kimmo-Parent pairing has been really slipping lately as far as dumb mistakes, particularly from Parent, and not a word has been said about it.

Stupid, but not unexpected.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:27 AM
DenverBoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Don't worry, most of the Flyers board is totally incapable of being objective when it comes to rating Carle.

Carle led our team in ES time, finished plus 1, was not out for an even strength goal against and wasn't even out for any huge chances against either.

Meanwhile, Kimmo directly cost us a goal with some really poor positioning during the 5 on 3 and not a word is said about it.

I mean, the Kimmo-Parent pairing has been really slipping lately as far as dumb mistakes, particularly from Parent, and not a word has been said about it.

This.

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:41 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:

Yeah we didn't say anything because it was a 5 on 3, for over a minute and a half. There's only so much you can do. THAT'S why no one said anything about it.

Old
04-05-2009, 11:44 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Yeah we didn't say anything because it was a 5 on 3, for over a minute and a half. There's only so much you can do. THAT'S why no one said anything about it.
I figured someone would come up with this. It's always extremely difficult to kill off a 5 on 3. A goal like the one Wideman scored on a 5 on 3 recently (Parent incidentally took that penalty), I don't have a problem with it. We did what we could.

But this was just a really dumb play by Kimmo. The point of playing D on a 5 on 3 is to make it tougher for the opponents to score. When you get 2 players caught at the top of the circles and give Ottawa a 3 on 1, that's not making it tough. That's making it pretty damn easy and Ottawa scored pretty damn easily.

Old
04-05-2009, 11:54 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
I figured someone would come up with this. It's always extremely difficult to kill off a 5 on 3. A goal like the one Wideman scored on a 5 on 3 recently (Parent incidentally took that penalty), I don't have a problem with it. We did what we could.

But this was just a really dumb play by Kimmo. The point of playing D on a 5 on 3 is to make it tougher for the opponents to score. When you get 2 players caught at the top of the circles and give Ottawa a 3 on 1, that's not making it tough. That's making it pretty damn easy and Ottawa scored pretty damn easily.
It was how the Flyers PK works, they always pressure the puck carrier to make a move and force a pass. Yes he came out far, but that's how it works. Either that or they could sit back and let shots from the point ring in. Ottawa could just stuff the crease and prevent Nitty from seeing a thing, and with a 5 on 3 there's no one in front to push that screen away that you would normally have on a regular PK. They tried to pressure the pass, and it failed. If you're going to blame anyone for that goal, blame Carcillo.

Old
04-05-2009, 11:56 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 100
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Also, could we not call him Matty? I hate that name.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:56 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
It was how the Flyers PK works, they always pressure the puck carrier to make a move and force a pass. Yes he came out far, but that's how it works. Either that or they could sit back and let shots from the point ring in. Ottawa could just stuff the crease and prevent Nitty from seeing a thing, and with a 5 on 3 there's no one in front to push that screen away that you would normally have on a regular PK. They tried to pressure the pass, and it failed. If you're going to blame anyone for that goal, blame Carcillo.
I'd much rather have Ottawa firing point shots with Nitty unsighted than have tap-ins at the far post.

And no 5 on 3 works like that, at least it shouldn't, you form the triangle and try to keep the passes to the outside.

Old
04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Opus

Quote:
Objective how?

Old
04-05-2009, 12:02 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Objective how?
Huh? Look up objective in the dictionary. The Flyers board has problems rating some of our d-men.

Kimmo - Around right on, refusal to recognize his mistakes though when they do happen.
Parent - way overrated.
Coburn - around right on.
Carle - way underrated.
Jones - underrated.
Alberts - around right on.

Old
04-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Opus

Quote:
Huh? Look up objective in the dictionary. The Flyers board has problems rating some of our d-men.

Kimmo - Around right on, refusal to recognize his mistakes though when they do happen.
Parent - way overrated.
Coburn - around right on.
Carle - way underrated.
Jones - underrated.
Alberts - around right on.
I'm one of the more objective people on this board. I had no problem calling out Carter lastnight...I could care less about his 3 goals the night before. Yesterday, horrible turnover on the Sens goal, and missed the net in the shootout.

Parent - way overrated?
Carle - way underrated?

Hilarious!

Old
04-05-2009, 12:13 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
I'm one of the more objective people on this board. I had no problem calling out Carter lastnight...I could care less about his 3 goals the night before. Yesterday, horrible turnover on the Sens goal, and missed the net in the shootout.

Parent - way overrated?
Carle - way underrated?

Hilarious!
After seeing your consistent JVR hate-on (until he signs) and the nonstop Carle bashing even when he has an innocuous game, I have to disagree with this.

Old
04-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Opus

Quote:
After seeing your consistent JVR hate-on (until he signs) and the nonstop Carle bashing even when he has an innocuous game, I have to disagree with this.
'Hate'?

Because I want the Flyers supposed prized possession to turn pro? I think everybody on the board wanted him to turn to pro...I just had the balls to type out my feelings.

The last 6 (approx.) weeks, Carle deserves little, if any credit. He's ****ing sucked!

Old
04-05-2009, 12:27 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
'Hate'?

Because I want the Flyers supposed prized possession to turn pro? I think everybody on the board wanted him to turn to pro...I just had the balls to type out my feelings.

The last 6 (approx.) weeks, Carle deserves little, if any credit. He's ****ing sucked!
See, this just isn't true.

Let's take the last 6 weeks back to February 14th. In 25 games, he has 2 goals, 8 assists, and is a +1. Now, considering the team has struggled a lot at ES and that we've been generally shaky, I'm alright with that. Plus, he's been leading our team in ES ice-time, which means he's going up against top-6 players on other teams, and is keeping a positive rating.

People seem to forget how awful this team really is at ES. When Carle has a game like last night where he's okay defensively and doesn't do much else, people just like to trash all over him (meanwhile ignoring Jones and Alberts who were just awful).

EDIT: I should add that typing out your feelings on the Internet doesn't really take a lot of "balls."