HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flyers trades with everyone

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2009, 01:21 PM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Flyers trades with everyone

In the spirit of all the other rediculous trade proposals from other teams where they way over value their teams players/prospects and just assume every otehr team will give away their best players for spare parts, I thought I'd also make a rediculous trade proposal that makes "perfect sense" in Bizzarro World".

to Vanc - Matt Carle and Andre Nodl
to Philly - Luongo

Philly gets it's #1 goalie, Vanc gets a puck moving dman and a solid (though admittedly not blue chip) wing prospect. Why Philly does it - duh, we need a goalie. Why Vanc does it - did you see Luongos comments recently, he practically said he wouldn't resign in Vanc because he wants to win the cup and everyone knows that wont happen in Vanc (yes, I jest) so the Nucks better get something for him while they can otherwise they will be just like Fla with J-Bo this year and they'll get nothing for him next year when he walks as a UFA. I don't care what Vanc fans think they can get from another team in a Luongo trade, everyone knows they are all dillusinal and that Luongo would be lucky to return a 2nd rnd pick so Carle and Nodl is actually overpayment by the Flyers, maybe Vanc should give us a pick too.

to Mont - Danny Briere
to Philly - 09 1st, 09 3rd 2010 2nd

Why Habs do it, hell they wanted Danny before and they can have him now. Why Philly does it, they have Carter, Richards and Giroux as their top 3 centers and Brieres money can be better spent elsewhere now. Why Briere waives his NMC - because hell, everyone in the world wants to play for the Canadiens right???

To NYI - Jeoffry Lupul
To Philly - Sharks 09 1st (previously aquired by NYI) and Leafs 09 2nd (previously aquired by NYI)

NYI get a YOUNG 2nd line wing on the verge of breaking out to play with Tavares next year. They Flyers get a late 1st and early 2nd in this years draft. So what if it's over payment by the Islanders, look at their past trading record, they do stuff like this all the time.

To FLA - Denis Bodrov
To Philly - 2009 1st

Fla gets a great defensman prospect in Bodrov to replace the departing J-Bo. Remember our GM called Bodrov "the best dman NOT in the NHL" so this kid must be something special right, I mean just look at how our GM turned around our team in just 1 season, from last ot the ECF in 1 year, he must be the best GM ever, he must have actual private conversations with GOD himself so if he likes Bodrov you can take it as he's going to be a top pairing dman right??? And the Flyers get another 1str rnd pick in a draft that rivals the 03 draft for depth and talent.

To Dal - Dan Carcillo
To Philly - 2009 1st and 3rd

Hell, Dallas showed that they want agitators who take stupid penalties and cost their team when they signed Avery for that rediculous contract last year so Carcillo should fit right in there. The only problem might be that Carcillo makes less than 1 mil and not the 4 mil that they were paying Avery. However, since they have to pay 2 mil of Averys contract it's almost like Carcillo is costing them 3 mil so it probably would still work.

To Pit - Randy Jones
To Philly - hmmm, we may actually have to pay them just to take him but for arguments sake lets make it a 2nd from the Pens to us.

Why this deal is done, I hate Randy Jones, I hate the Pens, Randy Jones play good offense but no defense so it's a perfect fit, he plays their exact stype of hockey, plus I just want to see him screw them over with coughing up the puck and costing him team games.

Flyers trade the Mont 1st and their own 1st to whomever ends up with the 2nd overall pick. 2 1sts for 1, what a steal for the other team right.

With the cap space they now have the Flyers go out and sign J-Bo for 3 years, 20 mil (honestly, this is probably pretty realistic, teams are going to be reluctant to throw big money and UFAs this offseason with the cap likely to decrease next year and the uncertain economy). The Flyers get their franchise goalie in Luongo along with 3 1st rnd picks, 2nd rnd picks and 2 3rd rnd picks in the coming draft. Next years lineup for the Flyers looks like the following:

Gagne - Giroux - Knuble
JVR - Carter - Hartnell
Asham - Richards - (one of the 1sts we take in this years draft)
Cote - Powe - ??? who really cares, it's a 4th line scrub

Timonen - Coburn
J-Bo - Parent
Sbisa - Hedman

Luongo
Nitty

Looks perfect to me

The only difference between my post and all the other ones is that I know these are rediculous whereas the others actually think their proposals are "fair". Hell, I'd probably give my left testicle just to have one of these deals go through.

Old
04-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Coolix

..lol

Old
04-05-2009, 01:23 PM
AK

Everyone of those trades is complete and utter trash that is drastically titled toward the Flyers.

Old
04-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Everyone of those trades is complete and utter trash that is drastically titled toward the Flyers.
Nothing gets by you, eh?

Old
04-05-2009, 01:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Closed.

This will be flamed to the high heavens.

Closed Thread