HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa-pheonix

Old
04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Sens Mile

vCash: 500
Ottawa-pheonix

To Ottawa: The negotiating rights to Nigel Dawes
To Pheonix- Shean Donavan

If Pheonix cannot retain Dawes or if they don't want him after his lack of points in pheonix they can trade him to Ottawa for a fast, energy, foward who can be a quality character guy for the younger players.

Ottawa sheds salary to make room for re-signing Dawes or if they cannot resign Dawes at the correct number they can hopefully re-sign Neil by having more salary avaliable.

Dawes can be a nice addition for Ottawa as a third to second line player who has a scorer's touch. He is also young which is always a bonus.

Now HFboards do what you do best rip it to shreds!!!!

Last edited by Sens Mile: 04-05-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
To Ottawa: The negotiating rights to Nigel Dawes
To Pheonix- Shean Donavan

If Pheonix cannot retain Dawes or if they don't want him after his lack of points in pheonix they can trade him to Ottawa to a fast, energy, foward who can be a quality character guy for the younger players.

Ottawa sheds salary to make room for re-signing Dawes or if they cannot resign Dawes at the correct number they can hopefully re-sign Neil by having more salary avaliable.

Dawes can be a nice addition for Ottawa as a third to second line player who has a scorer's touch. He is also young which is always a bonus.

Now HFboards do what you do best rip it to shreds!!!!

This isn't really a deal that anyone can rip to threads because its pretty small haha.

But I don't think that Pheonix fans will like it very much but Im really not too sure. I would do it not because I think Dawes would be more important, but because he is younger and I could see him develloping some chemistry with Kelly.

Regin 43* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster1330 View Post
This isn't really a deal that anyone can rip to threads because its pretty small haha.

But I don't think that Pheonix fans will like it very much but Im really not too sure. I would do it not because I think Dawes would be more important, but because he is younger and I could see him develloping some chemistry with Kelly.
Yeah I agree with the Kelly comment and this is only if for some reason Pheonix cannot sign Dawes or if its not the right fit. Otherwise I would say Ottawa wins the trade!

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Regin 43*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
Yeah I agree with the Kelly comment and this is only if for some reason Pheonix cannot sign Dawes or if its not the right fit. Otherwise I would say Ottawa wins the trade!
If they can't get him resigned then I guess its better to get Shean Don then nothin eh. He's a good player that could teach their young players.

And with the way we are going (youth but skill and competitive) I think Dawes could help us out. It's not a bad proposal.

Heatley Spezza Alfie
Foligno Comrie Free agent
Dawes Fisher Shannon
Ruutu Kelly Regin
(Kelly and Dawes as a PK unit)
A foreward line up like that wouldnt be bad IMO

Old
04-05-2009, 07:03 PM
andimgone

While Dawes is likely to be moved, the return is not likely to be a roster player. The Coyotes are currently carrying 16 forwards, so there is no space for Donovan.

andimgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Regin 43*

God dammit I knew it looked wrong but I spelled it the same as him anyway lol. Im an idiot.

But yeah well what if we did like Donovan and a 4th. Then they get a low pick but they also get some veteran leadership for their 4th line. I really don't know what Dawes' value is but for someone who isn't even signed this isn't a bad deal is it?