HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pitt-Edmonton

Old
04-04-2009, 07:49 PM
blackcoffee

vCash: 500
Any trade proposal that is so easily curtailed by useless banter about a meaningless post is indication that the initial trade proposal sucked. (And it sucked for the Oilers btw).

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 07:49 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Penner - 0.15 PPP (Points Per Pound)

Staal - 0.2 PPP

Wellwood - 0.14 PPP

So clearly Staal is much more productive per pound than both Wellwood and Penner, who are both comparatively fat (in proportion to their point production). Of course, this is assuming that Wellwood doesn't escape from his diet and head to the nearest McDonald's for the welly special, as he likes to call it.

Touche. Very inciteful, as always grabo.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 07:51 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan101 View Post
I guess you haven't seen Jared then. Let's just stick to 3 Staals for now.
He'll definitely get a shot to play in the NHL.

Who knows if he'll stick, but he'll get an opportunity in the next two years.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 08:14 PM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
To Edmonton:
Pitt 1st rounder: later pick
Jordan Stall
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
No to Stall. He is Dustin Penner.
Quote:
Check my edit guess who Stall compare too.
- to prove it wasn't just a typo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeafFanFromOttawa View Post
Stall is 20.

What the ****, guys. How can you pretend to know the value of a hockey trade when you don't know the players well enough to spell their FIVE LETTER name correctly?

If I made a trade proposal for Alex Hemski would you think I knew what I was talking about?

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 09:16 PM
GDU

LOL at people comparing Staal to Penner, that's funny... I mean really funny

The oilers need a centreman who is bigger than 5'10, 180 to compete with other people's big lines, we have a glut of smallish forwards who can't check, or score ...

Staal is pretty much exactly what the team needs, overpaying for him wouldn't bother me a bit

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 10:54 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
- If I made a trade proposal for Alex Hemski would you think I knew what I was talking about?
There are those who are concerned about results, stats, and right blend of the team. The personalities willing to bleed on the ice or feild.

Then there are those that read poetry to there freinds and are concerned about spelling.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2009, 11:07 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Penner - 37 points at 4.25 million per year = 8.7 points per million $$$
Moore - 45 points at 0.900 million per year = 50 points per million $$$

Therefore Dominic Moore is 5.74 times a better player than Dustin Penner.

See, I can crunch the numbers too!
Before the trade Moore was one of 22 centers outscoring the other teams power @ even. He was one of two centers making less than 3M. The other was Craig Conroy. The rfa's in the group were around 4M. The ufa contract guys averaged 5.25M, a bunch were 7M or more.

So you pick 1 of the two possible examples in the whole league not in the 4-8.7M salary who win against power, to present some farce like counter.

The pathetic thing is I dought you knew that.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 12:36 AM
GeoffreyPaul

Quote:
Much Better

You don't trade a young Dman who is top 20 in the league in his role. For a young man who only averages 21 goals/yr 38pts/Yr. 47.4 FO%

Funny the more I think about it we have a guy who is 6'4" scores 23G/yr 44PTs/yr and has a 47.8 FO% and only makes .25M more.

First, you didn't spell his name right, so I hope you were being sarcastic with the spelling.

Besides that, if you watched Staal' play, you would know that he is nothing like Penner, period.

Staal is a second line center now on most any team. He is a top line penalty killer and a defensive center that can play against another teams top line (I am not saying that he is a shut-down man yet, but one doesn't have to cringe when he is out there either).

Gilbert for Staal and a first is even worse (For Pittsburgh) then the original trade proposal that started this thread (Which is worse for Edmonton).

GeoffreyPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 10:41 AM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Before the trade Moore was one of 22 centers outscoring the other teams power @ even. He was one of two centers making less than 3M. The other was Craig Conroy. The rfa's in the group were around 4M. The ufa contract guys averaged 5.25M, a bunch were 7M or more.

So you pick 1 of the two possible examples in the whole league not in the 4-8.7M salary who win against power, to present some farce like counter.

The pathetic thing is I dought you knew that.
The pathetic thing is your knowledge of hockey. In the past you have claimed that Penner is an ELITE powerplay goal scorer. You have claimed Tomas Kaberle would be the #5 dman on the oilers.

Old
04-05-2009, 08:39 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Much Better

You don't trade a young Dman who is top 20 in the league in his role. For a young man who only averages 21 goals/yr 38pts/Yr. 47.4 FO%

Funny the more I think about it we have a guy who is 6'4" scores 23G/yr 44PTs/yr and has a 47.8 FO% and only makes .25M more.

So by putting Gilbert Top 20, you acknowledge that Todd White is a better player than Hemsky? You can't say that White has more points just because he's played more games either. Hemsky's tendancy to be injury prone does not help his case.

Old
04-05-2009, 09:48 PM
OneSharpMarble

Jesus if Jordan Staal ever changes his name Pittsburgh will have trouble moving him.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote