HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm Minny

Old
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
oilers24

vCash: 500
Edm Minny

To Oilers
Josh Harding
Cal Clutterbuck
2nd

To Minny
Tom Gilbert
5th rd pick

Reason being Oilers need a goalie as Roli is a UFA, Minny Just signed Backstrom to a long term deal so they cant leave harding rot on the bench. Oilers could use soem grit in Clutterbuck on their 4th line. the 2nd just swings the deal as Harding is unproven. Reason for Minny, they get a home town boy signed to a long term deal who has good offensive numbers and potential.

oilers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Why do you think Clutterbuck is a 4th line talent?

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 08:28 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I want a Harding/Clutterbuck package for Philly

What would it take?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
oilers24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
9 goals 6 assists for 15 points is not a guy who you put in the top 6. He is a gritty in your face 4th line guy who works hard, hits everything that moves, and battles. Decent skater and feel could be an exceptional guy on the PK.

oilers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Ghostbuster

Realistically neither team does this.

Me personally I jump all over than from an Oilers perspective.

Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 10:39 PM
oilerfan17

Done, especially if the Oilers can sign one of Bouwmeester, Boynton, Komisarek, Oduya, or Ohlund this summer.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:52 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

One of the worst trades I've seen in a long time for Minnesota.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Ace88*

a guy named Minnesota is driving on a highway. another driver, named Edmonton, swerves around Minny, cuts him off, stops the car and blocks him. Edmonton gets out, approaches Minnesota's driver side window. He then punches Minny in the throat straight through the glass, grabs his wallet and anything else valuable, and drives over the border

this trade is highway robbery, friends

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:03 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
As a Oilers fan, I think the Wild gets hosed badly in this deal.

Harding-I think he could get the Wild better things. Or they could hope a team offers him a RFA offer and take the picks instead.

Clutterback-fan favourite I think, not going anywhere.

2nd round pick-I don't know why the Wild are adding this. It should be the Oilers.

Lets say..

Harding=Gilbert
Clutterback + 2nd IS MUCH MUCH MORE BETTER THEN A 5th round pick.

Oilers/Wild trading with each other seems unlikely due to divisional rivals. I can see the Oilers offering a offer sheet to Harding though.

punk_o_holic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
What line talent is he?...

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:15 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
3rd...maybe 2nd line in his prime.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
TheGreatone94

I could see a potential deal for Gilbert straight up for Harding, but including Clutterbuck and the 2nd is an overpayment.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Lets say..

Harding=Gilbert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatone94 View Post
I could see a potential deal for Gilbert straight up for Harding, but including Clutterbuck and the 2nd is an overpayment.
I'm not commenting on the OP, but on these 2 posts: What, really?!?! Harding, a young Back up with nice potential is not worth anywhere near a D man who has nearly 50 points.

Dazed and Confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Bank Shot

What the hell?

Edmonton is not overpaying here. Bryzgalov was picked up one waivers for crying out loud. Huet was worth a second.

I just don't see a backup goaltender and a guy with third line upside, being worth a solid top four defender who also still has alot of room to grow into his game.

I wouldn't make this trade from the Oilers perspective. Goalies that are as good as Harding are a dime a dozen. Ditto for guys like Clutterbuck.

The Oilers can find players like that without giving up roster players, so why should they?

Bank Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:43 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covered In Oil View Post
I'm not commenting on the OP, but on these 2 posts: What, really?!?! Harding, a young Back up with nice potential is not worth anywhere near a D man who has nearly 50 points.
1st off, I think you have to give to get. So giving up Gilbert sucks but at the same time, you're getting a solid goalie. Only question is, is Harding's numbers based on the way the Wild play(is record isn't great but his GAA and Save % is pretty good). With Oilers goaltending being a question mark I think it maybe worth the risk. 2nd off, with Souray,Visnovsky,Gilbert and Grebeshkov (all offensive defensemen) I think we need to trade one of them and get another defensive defensemen. I'm hoping that we could get rid of Gilbert's contract and sign Grebeshkov to contract that is less then what Gilbert's is. I don't really like Gilbert's defensive play and I think Minny would want Gilbert as he is a Minny native or something like that.
Would you do Grebeshkov for Harding? Both RFA's and some think Grebeshkov could turn out to be better then Gilbert.

*it's not that I want to get rid of Gilbert, I think if we could get a good return to help our needs, you have to do it. I maybe over valuing Harding as I've been a fan of his for a while now.

Last edited by punk_o_holic: 04-06-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old
04-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
1st off, I think you have to give to get. So giving up Gilbert sucks but at the same time, you're getting a solid goalie. Only question is, is Harding's numbers based on the way the Wild play. With Oilers goaltending being a question mark I think it may be worth risk.
I know you need to give to get, but it's absurd to think Harding has anywhere near the value of a critical roster player, especially one locked up long term.

Quote:
Would you do Grebeshkov for Harding? Both RFA's and some think Grebeshkov could turn out to be better then Gilbert.
Yet again, not a chance, the goalie market has shown over and over that there’s not much demand for goalies(see Bank Shot's post above).

Simply put, unproven goalies like Harding, Halak, Deslauriers, Pavelec, ect are not worth very much.

Old
04-06-2009, 01:03 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covered In Oil View Post
I know you need to give to get, but it's absurd to think Harding has anywhere near the value of a critical roster player, especially one locked up long term.

Yet again, not a chance, the goalie market has shown over and over that there’s not much demand for goalies(see Bank Shot's post above).

Simply put, unproven goalies like Harding, Halak, Deslauriers, Pavelec, ect are not worth very much.
Fair enough, although I think Harding will get the Wild a nice return from another team. I guess, we'll wait and see in the Summer.

Would you be upset if the Oilers send him a offer sheet and ends up costing them, lets say a 2nd and 3rd round pick? The players that they could have picked in the draft are unproven. But if you think goalies of his calibre arn't worth much then a 2nd+3rd maybe to much to give up.

Old
04-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Dazed and Confused

Quote:
Fair enough, although I think Harding will get the Wild a nice return from another team. I guess, we'll wait and see in the Summer.

Would you be upset if the Oilers send him a offer sheet and ends up costing them, lets say a 2nd and 3rd round pick? The players that they could have picked in the draft are unproven. But if you think goalies of his calibre arn't worth much then a 2nd+3rd maybe to much to give up.
This is an angle I actually wouldn't be against, throwing an offer sheet with compensation valued at about a 2nd for Harding. I'd be willing to bet more than a few teams will do this summer and Minny being open to it, with them already having Backstorm locked up.

Though I would rather see the Oilers go after someone like Gustavsson (please?) or choosing one of JDD or Dubnyk and focusing on developing them, either JDD as back up with Dubnyk gone and someone with experience starting at the AHL level (Sabourin?), or having Dubnyk starting in the AHL with a good experienced backup, not a prospect or piece of Swiss cheese, or both (Re: Glen Fisher) behind him and a solid backup behind Roloson in the NHL(again, Sabourin?)

Old
04-06-2009, 01:38 AM
Jimmy McNulty

With all due respect to how good Tom Gilbert is...

What on earth do the Wild need him for?

Jimmy McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:28 AM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Why don't we just keep Tom Gilbert and offer Harding an RFA sheet for a one year deal at 2.5? Would only cost us a second round pick, or it screws over a division rival who is already paying Backstrom and couldn't trade Harding as per the CBA.

PDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24 View Post
9 goals 6 assists for 15 points is not a guy who you put in the top 6. He is a gritty in your face 4th line guy who works hard, hits everything that moves, and battles. Decent skater and feel could be an exceptional guy on the PK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Am I to assume you think Theo Peckman's ceiling is as a bottom pairing/7th defenseman?

Clutterbuck is a rookie, he leads the league in hits, and shows plenty of upside.

Are you really trying to say he's reached his ceiling at the ripe old age of 21?

HF never ceases to amaze... people will overrate their prospects to death but if a promising rookie is being talked about on another team, their fodder.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:24 AM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24 View Post
To Oilers
Josh Harding
Cal Clutterbuck
2nd

To Minny
Tom Gilbert
5th rd pick

Reason being Oilers need a goalie as Roli is a UFA, Minny Just signed Backstrom to a long term deal so they cant leave harding rot on the bench. Oilers could use soem grit in Clutterbuck on their 4th line. the 2nd just swings the deal as Harding is unproven. Reason for Minny, they get a home town boy signed to a long term deal who has good offensive numbers and potential.
Only way this trade gets done is if Kevin Lowe walks into the X-Cel Energy Center with a ski mask and a hand gun. This is a brutal proposal.

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
missinthejets

Quote:

Harding=Gilbert

really? is gilbert that underrated? Guy may not be a shutdown defenceman, but his offensive numbers have been very good since he started playing in the league and he isn't a liability defensively or anything, unless he's paired with a useless partner he's solid in his own end, very smart player at the very least, he understands his role and knows how to do his job.... he is definately worth more than a backup goaltender, the oilers didn't lock him up for the length of time that they did and the price he got because he's only worth a backup goaltender.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 02:18 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

i dont think the value is that bad, but i just dont understand why minnesota would want gilbert.

I would rework this as something like Cogliano, Nilsson for Harding, Clutterbuck.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 02:38 PM
tony135420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
a guy named Minnesota is driving on a highway. another driver, named Edmonton, swerves around Minny, cuts him off, stops the car and blocks him. Edmonton gets out, approaches Minnesota's driver side window. He then punches Minny in the throat straight through the glass, grabs his wallet and anything else valuable, and drives over the border

this trade is highway robbery, friends

HAHA classic. A simple "No Thank you" would have sufficed, but classic none the less. The trades not bad if you swap the picks. Harding for Gilbert and Clutterbuck plus a 5th for EDM's 2nd. That seems like a fair deal.

tony135420 is offline   Reply With Quote