HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Superfeet Insoles

Old
04-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
Superfeet Insoles

does anyone use them? ive heard they greatly correct your stance and are very comfortable. i was thinking about getting them. they have a new line out.

any reviews?

does anyone use any aftermarket footbed?

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 07:16 AM
DevilsFan38

I use Superfeet and I like them. I was having some pain in my arches (kind of hard to describe it, it was a crampy/achy/fatigued kind of feeling) and putting in the Superfeet has helped, though it hasn't completely fixed the problem.

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:43 AM
190Octane

I have some one90s and bauers have always hurt my feet. I have the Graf inserts though and I love them.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsFan38 View Post
I use Superfeet and I like them. I was having some pain in my arches (kind of hard to describe it, it was a crampy/achy/fatigued kind of feeling) and putting in the Superfeet has helped, though it hasn't completely fixed the problem.
Exact same thing with me, it's better with Superfeet but not gone, depends on how I tie my laces. I think it might have to do with me having abnormally wide feet and despite having wide skates it's not quite wide enough (or I could be completely wrong too and that may have nothing to do with it)

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Hugh Madbrough

I have the grey ones, made a big difference. I switched to SF from shockdoctors and my feet don't hurt anymore.

Hugh Madbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
RaoulDuke2k

I have ShockDoctors and like them alot - using them in current Rbk 9k's. Most stock footbeds are just thin foam - even on the high end skates. The Dr's are substantial, but don't change the volume of the boot.

If you are having foot pain, definitely look into different skates. For instance, I used to use Graf 703's and had problems with pain and fatigue - needed to be careful about how I tied the skate, etc... The footbeds helped a bit, but the Graf's had a very narrow forefoot and small toe-box and no insert could make up for that.

I use the 9k's and old One90's now - both are cut slightly more roomy, and it makes all the difference. I can skate for hours now and my feet never hurt or get tired.

Last edited by RaoulDuke2k: 04-06-2009 at 12:39 PM.
RaoulDuke2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 01:53 PM
hkyplayer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
does anyone use them? ive heard they greatly correct your stance and are very comfortable. i was thinking about getting them. they have a new line out.

any reviews?

does anyone use any aftermarket footbed?
I have flat feet and the yellow superfeet insoles helped to angle my foot correctly and helped with stance. Was easier to make sharp turns and had increased push off strength. I have the vapor XXII's and it was a huge change from the cheap foam insole.

Felt strange for the first game. After the first game they'll set properly in your skate and will feel normal.

hkyplayer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 02:21 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I have the yellow 1's and like them. Like was previously posted almost all skates come with a cheap leayer of foam to reduce the overall weight of a skate. You will find better insoles in cheap tennis shoes. You're spending hundreds of dollars for skates, take my advice-spend an extra $30 and get some Superfeet.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaoulDuke2k View Post
I have ShockDoctors and like them alot - using them in current Rbk 9k's. Most stock footbeds are just thin foam - even on the high end skates. The Dr's are substantial, but don't change the volume of the boot.

If you are having foot pain, definitely look into different skates. For instance, I used to use Graf 703's and had problems with pain and fatigue - needed to be careful about how I tied the skate, etc... The footbeds helped a bit, but the Graf's had a very narrow forefoot and small toe-box and no insert could make up for that.

I use the 9k's and old One90's now - both are cut slightly more roomy, and it makes all the difference. I can skate for hours now and my feet never hurt or get tired.
I just bought some ShockDoctor ones and will be using them for the first time tonight actually. I'll come back and give an opinion afterwards.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I just bought some ShockDoctor ones and will be using them for the first time tonight actually. I'll come back and give an opinion afterwards.
Well I used the Shock Doctor ones tonight and liked them ... I am not used to that much cushiony feel but it did feel really nice while skating. It will take a small bit to get used to but not much as it feels like the skates should have felt all along.

I like 'ems.

Last edited by Hockeyfan68: 05-05-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old
05-05-2009, 01:29 AM
nullterm

vCash: 800
I've got a pair of grey SF. Feels great, very comfy.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 05:23 PM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
I just picked up some SOLE Slim Sport Insoles, they feel great and provide better insole support than the origional insoles, plus they are heat moldable.

kingscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
when i bought new skates before my first year of midget hockey the guy at sportchek said i was flatfooted, therefore i may have knee problems in the future unless i use superfeet. my mom was terrified and was sucked into paying 60 dollars for the grey insoles but i am happy she did. they feel great, im skating better and have been using them ever since.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 09:32 AM
LarryO

I tried the Superfeet in my RBK 5k. After a few weeks, I was starting to have pain above one of my knees. Going back to the stock insoles fixed it. Trying the Superfeet again brought the pain back. Now I'm back to the stock insoles for good. Apparently the stock footbed is the perfect shape for my low arch.

Superfeet aren't ideal for everyone's fooftshape. My arch is a lot more forward than the Superfeet's. Most people might benefit from Superfeet's generic shape but not everyone has a generically shaped foot or close to it.

Just because a skate has a thin stock insole isn't necessarily bad. The footbed under the insole has a specific shape including a certain amount of arch support. Different skate models are flatter than others to accomodate for different shaped feet. It's more important to find the right skate for your footshape. After finding the right skate, you could try the Superfeet for a possibly enhanced fit.

LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
I tried the Superfeet in my RBK 5k. After a few weeks, I was starting to have pain above one of my knees. Going back to the stock insoles fixed it. Trying the Superfeet again brought the pain back. Now I'm back to the stock insoles for good. Apparently the stock footbed is the perfect shape for my low arch.

Superfeet aren't ideal for everyone's fooftshape. My arch is a lot more forward than the Superfeet's. Most people might benefit from Superfeet's generic shape but not everyone has a generically shaped foot or close to it.

Just because a skate has a thin stock insole isn't necessarily bad. The footbed under the insole has a specific shape including a certain amount of arch support. Different skate models are flatter than others to accomodate for different shaped feet. It's more important to find the right skate for your footshape. After finding the right skate, you could try the Superfeet for a possibly enhanced fit.
Good points ... I just started using the Shock Docotr footbeds and will keep your post in mind should I encounter any oddities not encountered prior to using them.

Nice to have input from people using this sort of thing already for a while.

Old
05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
shotty

firstly, everyone should have some kind of orthotic in their skate. the ones that come in the skate are literal garbage. second, as someone noted above, superfeet won't work for everyone, because everyone's arch needs different levels of support. the absolute BEST thing you can do for performance, health and sustainability is get a custom orthotic. they are expensive, but if you're spending $150+ on a hockey stick, and upwards of $350 on skates, a couple extra hundred is worth it. if you have medical or are under 18, your insurance will reimburse you a portion, too (depending on a few variables)

shotty is offline   Reply With Quote