HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Kaberle

Old
04-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

vCash: 500
Tomas Kaberle

Just wondering what fans think Kaberle is worth (preferably non-Leaf fans). I am thinking a mid-late round 1st Round pick, and a good prospect/youngster. For example, 1st Round 2009 + Evgeny Grachev from NYR or 1st Round 2009 + Claude Giroux from PHI or 1st Round 2009 + Kyle Beach from CHI.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 04:59 PM
AK

The three packages you mentioned are probably a bit much for Kaberle.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:00 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
None of those teams mention even think about those proposed deals. Did you not check the response after you posted an even worse proposal on the Flyers board?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
Just wondering what fans think Kaberle is worth (preferably non-Leaf fans). I am thinking a mid-late round 1st Round pick, and a good prospect/youngster. For example, 1st Round 2009 + Evgeny Grachev from NYR or 1st Round 2009 + Claude Giroux from PHI or 1st Round 2009 + Kyle Beach from CHI.
sorry im a leaf fan lol., but i can see something like what your saying..

maybe 1st + karlson, but that was that other thread., but it does make sense, other than divsion rivals.,

maybe 1st + cory schnieder from van
or
1st + boychuck from car

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:01 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
None of those teams mention even think about those proposed deals. Did you not check the response after you posted an even worse proposal on the Flyers board?
I think they were examples, not proposals.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:05 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenn29 View Post
sorry im a leaf fan lol., but i can see something like what your saying..

maybe 1st + karlson, but that was that other thread., but it does make sense, other than divsion rivals.,

maybe 1st + cory schnieder from van
or
1st + boychuck from car
The Sens one is so far off its not even funny, especially compared to the others. Which is saying a lot...

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:11 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Calgary's 2009 1st(likely around 25th, overall) and Phoenix's 2009 2nd(likely around 35th, overall)?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:12 PM
powerthirst

I was actually wondering about this cause it always kills me that someone will offer Kaberle for some team's best prospect and a 1st round pick and of course fans of that team shoot it down.

What I want to know is this, is there a fan of any team that would offer their top prospect and a first round pick for Kaberle, seriously, anyone out there?

powerthirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Cosmic Shame

I know these proposals/posts are usually bashed because almost all fans like to keep 1st round picks (young prospects being more exciting than established players), but I just thought I'd ask a quick question to the Florida fans (or fans that know Florida's situation).

Would Florida be interested in Kaberle if JBouw doesn't resign? Looking at the roster for next year, the Panthers don't have a ton of D locked up. And we all know that Kaberle looks good on the PP with McCabe.
So what would he be worth... obviously the Leafs would be looking for their 1st round pick (which, if they make the playoffs could be in the 15-18th range)...

So, 1st pick + what? Matthias?

Cosmic Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Leafidelity
Registered Leafs Fan

vCash: 1775
Same value he had in the last 15 of these threads.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:17 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 800
I think we'll know soon enough what Kaberle's trade value is. Once the NTC window opens and Burke can shop him to all teams rather than a select few from Kaberle's list that may have had interest, his ultimate value will be established.
I have a hunch however that Burke will be more interested in a proven player and prospect rather than a pick and prospect and i certainly hope my inkling is correct.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

Quote:
Can you read? The thread title says to assess the value of Tomas Kaberle. I gave examples of what I thought might be feasible (whether it's high or low in your opinion, I don't really care). So just give your opinion, or don't post in my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
Same value he had in the last 15 of these threads.
Yeah well I sifted through the last 5-6 pages of this forum to look for this thread. It wasn't there. So stop whining. Either post something constructive, or don't bother.

Just sayin'.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:42 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerthirst View Post
What I want to know is this, is there a fan of any team that would offer their top prospect and a first round pick for Kaberle, seriously, anyone out there?
Not really. The demand just isn't there for him right now. Teams in need are going to throw money at guys like Bowumeester and Spacek before giving up more tangible assets for Kaberle. Teams with outgoing puck-movers will either try to re-sign their guy or can't afford Kaberle's contract and will just plug in a prospect.

Puck-moving defensemen are starting to go the way of the goaltender in terms of value on the trade market.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:54 PM
sensfan83*

Basically, Leafs fans think he is worth your team's 1st rd pick and top prospect. Fans of every other team think otherwise.

I'd say a mid/late 1st or early 2nd and decent prospect (ie. not Karlsson, Giroux, JVR, Hickey, etc.)

He's only got 2 yrs left on his contract, he's regressed and the cap is dropping... But Leafs fans are still valuing him as if he's a lock for 50-60pts on a 4yr bargain contract with no impending cap drop.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
matt trick

The number of team's who can take a 4.25 cap hit for this year, and next year (when the cap is estimated to be 50-52 million) are smaller than you might think.

Off the top of my head: San Jose, Philly, Detroit, NYR, Chicago, Boston, Calgary, Pitt, Washington, and Columbus have some cap issues next year, or will in 2 years (Columbus, Chicago).

LA (Doughty, JJ, Voinov, Quincey, Hickey), Edmonton (Visnovski, Souray, Gilbert, Grebs, Petry), St. Louis (Pieterangelo, Brewer, EJ+ many more) and Nashville (Weber, Suter, Blum, Klein) have good d depth, and are especially good with offensive D.

Anaheim could be interested depending on Pronger, Niedermayer, but with Whitney and Wiz, they are probably fine, and would likely use assets on a 2nd line LW.

Montreal has Markov and Subban.

Tampa, Vancouver, Ottawa Florida, and New Jersey would probably be the most interested, but I can only see Vancouver and Jersey offering this years 1st, and I doubt Karlsson would be on the table.

I think the best Toronto can hope for is 1st+Bergfors or similar. Bergfors is solid, but he isn't in the Karlsson, Groux, or Schneider range.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:56 PM
dubey
So hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Basically, Leafs fans think he is worth your team's 1st rd pick and top prospect. Fans of every other team think otherwise.

I'd say a mid/late 1st or early 2nd and decent prospect (ie. not Karlsson, Giroux, JVR, Hickey, etc.)

He's only got 2 yrs left on his contract and he's regressed... But Leafs fans are still valuing him as if he's a lock for 50-60pts on a 4yr bargain contract.
I see what you did there

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post

He's only got 2 yrs left on his contract and he's regressed... But Leafs fans are still valuing him as if he's a lock for 50-60pts on a 4yr bargain contract.
This is what I'm thinking. As an example from the Flyers 1st + Nodl (although, the Flyers probably have no interest in Kaberle).

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:02 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
I see what you did there
Top Dman at WJC, 7th best prospect in the world... Yeah, I'd say it's just about right.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:04 PM
dubey
So hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
Top Dman at WJC, 7th best prospect in the world... Yeah, I'd say it's just about right.
Somewhere Anton Stralman is quietly weeping.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:07 PM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
I see what you did there

Well, I know he's no Schrenn, but he's rated the 21st best prospect in Spring of 2009 by HF. Also was rated 7th in THN's Future Watch top 50 prospects (ahead of Giroux).

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:12 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
This one yet again

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:15 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
Quote:

Lol, they closed that thread because it was so rediculous. It was actually quite funny.

The value of Kabs actually is probably a mid 1st and a top prospect, but not a BLUE CHIP prospect. Sorry, but with the way Giroux has played this year he's not a top prospect but a blue chip one wirht even more than our 1st this year.

The flyer have 3 prospects I don't think they'd trade with their 1st for Kabs and that's Giroux, JVR and Sbisa. Our managment is very high on all 3 and we'll need some cheaper players on entry level contracts to be able to make our cap situation work. Kevin Marshall is a very good prospect that we are very high on, he's expected to be a solid 2nd pairing physical stay-at-home dman. He and our 1st is probably getting pretty close too Kabs value.

However, any deal with the Flyers would have to include the Leafs taking back salary equal to what we take on. We are also loaded on defense so it makes the most sense for the Leafs to take Matt Carle back as part of the deal. Ideally we still need the Leafs to take on another 1 mil but I guess we can just make another trade with someone else. The Flyers deal would be something like this:

To Tor - Philly 09 1st (mid 20's most likely), Matt Carle and Kevin Marshall
To Philly - Thomas Kaberle

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:19 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerthirst View Post
I was actually wondering about this cause it always kills me that someone will offer Kaberle for some team's best prospect and a 1st round pick and of course fans of that team shoot it down.

I highly doubt it which is why he wasn't dealt before this trade deadline. Burke wanted too much for him and it just made more sense for the Leafs to keep him. Honestly, the Flyers already have a #1 dman in Kimmo Timonen so Kabs probably holds a little less "need" value to us than he may to other teams.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:22 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
The three packages you mentioned are probably a bit much for Kaberle.
No they aren't. 4.25 million dollar all star dmen, in the prime of their career, aren't given away for free.

Now if you were to say those teams wouldn't be interested is one thing, but to say it's too much is just false.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:24 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
This is what I'm thinking. As an example from the Flyers 1st + Nodl (although, the Flyers probably have no interest in Kaberle).
Uhhhh........No!

I would give you Kubina at the deadline for that.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote