HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings 1st Rounder

Old
04-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
Well with Spezza, I hate to sound uninformed/like a broken record, but there is a risk with Spezza - will he produce away from his linemates? Is this the off year or the real "Jason Spezza"? He loses some value for this and the contract

Also, if you think about it, you are trading a former 2nd overall pick who has largely lived up to expectations for a top-5 pick, a top-15 pick, and a former first round pick

With that said, I would do that trade to get Vinny
Going into his draft year Spezza was neck and neck with Kovalchuk for 1st overall pick. He's an elite playmaker. He have some flaws as a player, but I don't think anyone doubts that he can put up numbers even without elite wingers.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:42 PM
meman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
Heatley

for

2009 1st
Brown
Tuebert

I'd like to see if I can get a 2nd rounder if possible

lol, you can keep Heatley.

meman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
That's overpayment for Horton
I don't think so. Horton's going to be a dominant power forward. I think this would be a good move for L.A.; Perry and Horton would look good on a line together!

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
You think Matt Carle is worth the 6th pick in this draft?
Umm, no. I see now that it was a bit confusing but what I was intending was that Lupul + Carle was worth more than a pick in the 6-9 range (and you'll notice that I said that I doubt the Kings would want to take on almost 8 mil in salary).

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:00 PM
phlocky

Hmm, I saw someone in another thread that suggested a deal involving Gagne for the Kings 1st. Gagne has shown no ill-effects from his concussion last season and has returned to be in the top 25 in scoring and top 14 in gaols this season and he's only 29 years old, ie - in his prime, so the Kings would obviously have to add more to get him. the Flyers real need is a top notch goalie prospect so if I were Holmgren I'd want Bernier too.

I still don't know if I'd do it from the Flyers POV. Gagne is one of the best defensive forward in the game and he's still scoring like he is. Plus he did it all with Mike Richards as his center for most of the year. Now Richards is a very good center but he's not the playmaker Briere is. Gagne probably would have hit 40 goals and 80+ points if he had Briere for the entire season. Now, if you are wondering if Gagne can score without a top notch center, remember that he scored over 40 goals even during our worst season ever and he played less than half his games with Forsberg as his center.

This is a HUGE move for the Flyers. They are trading away thier best wing and only have JVR with the potential to be able to replace him and JVR is a good 4-5 years away from being better than Gagne if he EVER reaches that point.

Old
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
I don't think so. Horton's going to be a dominant power forward. I think this would be a good move for L.A.; Perry and Horton would look good on a line together!
Yeah, but the point of trading the pick is to get someone that isn't going to become something special, we want someone who is already special

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Epatt001

agreed. at this point i really only see us keeping the pick if:

a. we finish in the bottom 5 and win the lottery

b. we cant get a decent return for it.

i'm assuming we end up with the number 5 overall pick... I would like to see a trade that looks like:

kings 1st (5th overall), frolov, alec martinez or trevor lewis

for

Kovalchuck

Epatt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 12:24 PM
VADEN

Sorry if this was mentioned already, I didn't read through all of the posts but, I was looking at the Boston salary cap situation. Any way that David Krejci for the Kings 1st could be a starting point?

Last edited by VADEN: 04-07-2009 at 03:18 PM.
VADEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Hmm, I saw someone in another thread that suggested a deal involving Gagne for the Kings 1st. Gagne has shown no ill-effects from his concussion last season and has returned to be in the top 25 in scoring and top 14 in gaols this season and he's only 29 years old, ie - in his prime, so the Kings would obviously have to add more to get him. the Flyers real need is a top notch goalie prospect so if I were Holmgren I'd want Bernier too.

I still don't know if I'd do it from the Flyers POV. Gagne is one of the best defensive forward in the game and he's still scoring like he is. Plus he did it all with Mike Richards as his center for most of the year. Now Richards is a very good center but he's not the playmaker Briere is. Gagne probably would have hit 40 goals and 80+ points if he had Briere for the entire season. Now, if you are wondering if Gagne can score without a top notch center, remember that he scored over 40 goals even during our worst season ever and he played less than half his games with Forsberg as his center.

This is a HUGE move for the Flyers. They are trading away thier best wing and only have JVR with the potential to be able to replace him and JVR is a good 4-5 years away from being better than Gagne if he EVER reaches that point.
I can't see the Kings trading their 1st and Bernier for Simon Gagne.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Organization's not ready to give up on Bernier yet imo. They hold on to him until he's at least played a season in the NHL.

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post
Organization's not ready to give up on Bernier yet imo. They hold on to him until he's at least played a season in the NHL.
That may be but to get Gagne it's going to take your 1st and a blue chip prospect. Gagne is one ofthe best scoring LWs in the game and that's only part of what he brings to the table. He's a great PK'er, great in his own zone and he IS a team leader. He's an all-star quality forward who DIDN'T make the all-star game mostly because there has to be at least 1 representative from every team (that leaves only 6 open spots for teams 2 send more than one, Pit was def occupying one of those and the retard Habs fans stuffed the box and sent 3 extra guys who didn't disserve to be there). Gagne will most likely be on Team Canada for next years Olympics, that's who good he is. Gagne would fetch A LOT in a trade.

Old
04-07-2009, 05:00 PM
DoughtyJovi

Handzus, Quincey, 1st, Bernier
For
Lecavalier

Kings Sign Gaborik lets say 7.5 mil

Brown Lecavalier Gaborik
Frolov Kopitar Williams

Cute no!!!

DoughtyJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJforCALDER View Post
agreed. at this point i really only see us keeping the pick if:

a. we finish in the bottom 5 and win the lottery

b. we cant get a decent return for it.

i'm assuming we end up with the number 5 overall pick... I would like to see a trade that looks like:

kings 1st (5th overall), frolov, alec martinez or trevor lewis

for

Kovalchuck
That's not nearly enough for Kovy. Take out Lewis, he doesn't add anything to the deal. Replace Martinez with Hickey. #1, Frolov and Hickey. I still don't know if ATL bites, but if I'm LA I do that deal without a 2nd thought.

Last edited by Dr Quincy: 04-07-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old
04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADEN View Post
Sorry if this was mentioned already, I didn't read through all of the posts but, I was looking at the Boston salary cap situation. Any way that David Krejci for the Kings 1st could be a starting point?
Can't see it happening. Boston considers themselves contenders for the next couple of years. Trading away Krejci is a major step back. Cap issues can be addressed by dealing other players.

Value may or may not be there, but given where Boston is as an organization it just doesn't make sense. It's kinda like if LA was offered a really good vet for one of their established young players. Even if the value was fair, it wouldn't make sense because LA isn't quite ready to contend yet, and wants to keep its core youth for when it is ready.

Where an organization IS matters as much (and sometimes more) than strict value.

Old
04-07-2009, 05:27 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
That's not nearly enough for Kovy. Take out Lewis, he doesn't add anything to the deal. Replace Martinez with Hickey. #1, Frolov and Hickey. I still don't know if ATL bites, but if I'm LA I do that deal without a 2nd thought.
Atlanta is finishing the year on a hot streak (relatively speaking) and needs to continue improving to keep their fan base. They are already getting a top 5 pick themselves this year. I think they need to continue to build around Kovalchuk to maintain their credibility.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:44 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
i dont see the flyers taking it. gagnes contract doesnt have the negative value brieres does. gagne is a team leader and a very consistent player something the flyers truly need. his strong defensive game and commitment to winning battles and backchecking are often overlooked due to his strengths with the puck. also with knuble probably leaving the flyers need to hold on to some veteran talent we are still a very young team and a veteran player at gagnes skill level is just what the dr ordered.

oddly enough one of teh things ive noticed about this draft is that after the top two the droppoff point isnt very steep so i dont think youll be seeing alot of teams wanting to pay a big premium to jump up if they cant grab one of either hedman or tavarres. the payoff from the diffenrce in talent just may not be worth the investment.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 11:45 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I don't think the Kings are trading their 1st round pick unless they are packaging it with something to get an exceptional player.

Some teams are going to have to dump salary. It's going to be a game of chicken to see who wins in these trades. Teams like the Flyers are going to offer a guy like Lupul. Teams like the Kings might not even bite on Lupul because he is overpaid and throws the salary structure of the team out of whack. But say the Kings were interested in Lupul, they certainly wouldn't be including their 1st round pick in any draft to get Lupul.

Now Gagne, that's a different story...

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote