HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Hartnell and Giroux miss practice Monday but expected to play Tuesday

Old
04-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofhearts View Post
I know Hartnell's the type of guy who will play through pain, so I don't mean to question his beast-ness by asking this, but is pink eye really severe enough to make a player miss practice? I had pink eye a few weeks ago. It was itchy and annoying and nasty, but it didn't stop me from doing anything at all. It's also not nearly as contagious as most people think. My girlfriend never got it when I had it, and I slept next to her every night.

When I played hockey in high school, I played a game once when I had a fever. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life, but I don't think I played too much worse (not that I was very good to begin with). I realize that high school hockey is far different from the NHL, but it still doesn't seem like pink eye should be so incapacitating.
There might be a couple other reasons that made him miss practice; he could have been at the eye doctors having it looked at -- like Giroux was having his tummy poked at -- getting medication to relieve the itching and speeding up the healing process...or maybe the team management felt it best to keep him away to help keep it isolated... In any case, he seems a go for tomorrow, which was something that concerned me.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to remember to think before I dredge up the old topics... BTW; do you think we should move Carter to Toronto in the off season?

Right now on here I'm not able to delete anything with my delete key... I have to highlight two letters or so and retype the correct one to get rid of the bad one... Very annoying.
Believe me, if you go to the Leafs board they will convince you(or at least try) that they can still get Carter+ for Kaberle.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Believe me, if you go to the Leafs board they will convince you(or at least try) that they can still get Carter+ for Kaberle.
Is that STILL making the rounds out there?... Well, I guess when you live in the dead center of the Hockey Universe the feeling is that all matter will be drawn into it.

Old
04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Is that STILL making the rounds out there?... Well, I guess when you live in the dead center of the Hockey Universe the feeling is that all matter will be drawn into it.
Oh, we're gonna get along just fine!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Miss Mess

Quote:
He said he likes to eat cheesesteaks, which might have caused the problem.
that is hilarious

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 08:37 PM
whynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofhearts View Post
I know Hartnell's the type of guy who will play through pain, so I don't mean to question his beast-ness by asking this, but is pink eye really severe enough to make a player miss practice? I had pink eye a few weeks ago. It was itchy and annoying and nasty, but it didn't stop me from doing anything at all. It's also not nearly as contagious as most people think. My girlfriend never got it when I had it, and I slept next to her every night.

When I played hockey in high school, I played a game once when I had a fever. It was one of the most unpleasant experiences of my life, but I don't think I played too much worse (not that I was very good to begin with). I realize that high school hockey is far different from the NHL, but it still doesn't seem like pink eye should be so incapacitating.
Missing a practice at this point in the season is no cause for alarm. I don't think it is Hartnell who would not practice, he was probably asked by the team to stay home. I think he's tough as nails.

whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
It's not just the Leafs board. They come here and propose it, they propose it on the trade board...talk about the delusion to end all delusions.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
It's not just the Leafs board. They come here and propose it, they propose it on the trade board...talk about the delusion to end all delusions.

Actually it hasn't been only on this website that that was being brought up... but I had thought that it would have petered out after the season Carter's had, and his new contract. Plus anybody delusional enough to think that they can pry Carter away from the Flyers after this season had better at least suggest a package that would be difficult to refuse.

In defense of the people up north who watch a player from their area all through Juniors and see players such as Carter and Richards play for their country, I can actually see how they can fall in love with such players and dream about them one day putting on their teams colors... We Americans can't fully relate to the way of life Canadians have when it comes to hockey -- and that is said in full admiration -- But after the initial debates about proposed trades become farther and farther from ever happening, even the most die hard fans of those players and teams should really face reality and move on.

Carter in my eyes has everything it takes to be a superstar; speed, size, shot, hockey sense, durability, and the love of taking shots... add to that the ability to play defense and the willingness to do so. Personally, I want to see him after he has matured and fine tuned his game... He's really going to be awesome, IMO -- I guess I just preached an entire sermon to the choir here.

Old
04-06-2009, 11:26 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
pink eye is definitely contagious, but its not painfull by any means.
worst thing you deal with is the crap that builds up in the eyes.
Once you start on medication for 24 hours its no longer contagious
I am going on memory on that last line. I had it in both eyes in highschool and missed almost a week because of the fact that I had it in both eyes. Of course this was over 25 years ago so I am sure alot has changed since then.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
phiflyers2003

This headline almost made me cringe. I need Hartnell, and Giroux to do good this week along with Carter and Briere, they can help me win $1200 Hmm maybe hartnell can spread his pink eye with a fight since i need him to get some penalty mins lol.

phiflyers2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:09 PM
kicksave27

I hope claude doesn't have what i have. It started out as the evil stomach virus 2 months ago and morphed into acid reflux like problems and nausea for the last 8 weeks and counting. I'm 29 and I'm already falling apart

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
hah, giroux likes cheesesteaks? maybe he'll resign his contract at a discount rate

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Hartnell had pink eye? Whoever his roomate is on the road obviously farted on his pillow

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:31 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=3488968

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM
i am dave

Pink eye is a miserable experience.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:51 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParentPower View Post
Pink eye is a miserable experience.
Seriously.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
indypace78

Hartnell in now called OOGIE (the puppett from the Uncle FLOYD SHOW)

indypace78 is offline   Reply With Quote