HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

March Madness Flyers Pool

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
  #176
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,634
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Well, they flat out missed shots. They couldn't make a 3 for their life, and they were giving UNC uncontested shots. They're flat out a more talented team. I didn't expect them to win, good season Nova!!!

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:05 AM
  #177
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 300
Dead Last.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:11 AM
  #178
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,763
vCash: 500
oh well, ill finish 3rd or 2nd and be losing by 1 point =(

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:14 AM
  #179
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hamels View Post
oh well, ill finish 3rd or 2nd and be losing by 1 point =(
If UNC wins, I'm 3rd. If they lose I win. High stakes in this next game for me.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:26 AM
  #180
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,634
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
7th

Meh, I expected worse.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:07 PM
  #181
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Okay guys, I need your help.

I have some vCash I want to put on tonights game, who do you think will win?

Do you think playing at home will effect MSU in a negative aspect?

Will UNC take it?

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:08 PM
  #182
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Okay guys, I need your help.

I have some vCash I want to put on tonights game, who do you think will win?

Do you think playing at home will effect MSU in a negative aspect?

Will UNC take it?
I think the game is close to a toss-up, but the odds made me put all my vcash on MSU in a hurry.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
  #183
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I think the game is close to a toss-up, but the odds made me put all my vcash on MSU in a hurry.
Those are some juicy odds, aren't they?

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:16 PM
  #184
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Those are some juicy odds, aren't they?
Unbelievably juicy. I went all in with my massive 50 vCash stockpile.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:17 PM
  #185
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Unbelievably juicy. I went all in with my massive 50 vCash stockpile.
I'm thinking 10k.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:18 PM
  #186
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I'm thinking 10k.
I was slowly working my way up to massive vCash, but then I had to push all 2300 in against the Senators.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:20 PM
  #187
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I was slowly working my way up to massive vCash, but then I had to push all 2300 in against the Senators.
Speaking from experience, never go all-in. I know it's hard to do, and often tempting...but it's a recipe for disaster.

I like to spread my vBucks out, and I generally bet on every event.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM
  #188
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Speaking from experience, never go all-in. I know it's hard to do, and often tempting...but it's a recipe for disaster. I like to spread my vBucks out, and I generally bet on every event.
That's how I was making my money. But, I thought there was no way they lose to the Sens. Lesson learned.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:25 PM
  #189
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
That's how I was making my money. But, I thought there was no way they lose to the Sens. Lesson learned.
No, I know. Trust me, I know. I think I lost 5k on the Sens game.

That's the 2nd time they have burned us! I'm sure you remember the previous Sens loss and vCash that was lost with it.

...brutal!

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
  #190
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,763
vCash: 500
Random question but if your vCash goes down to 0. Is it possible to get more? probably sounds noobish(i never use this word)

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
  #191
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hamels View Post
Random question but if your vCash goes down to 0. Is it possible to get more? probably sounds noobish(i never use this word)
Yes. If you go down to 0, you get a free 50 when the next event is posted.

Hence, it doesn't make sense really, to go under 1-49...if you do, you might as well go down to 0, to get the free top up.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
  #192
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hamels View Post
Random question but if your vCash goes down to 0. Is it possible to get more? probably sounds noobish(i never use this word)
as someone whose done it twice in less than a month of betting here, yes it is. You get 50 the day after you hit zero.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:40 PM
  #193
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
as someone whose done it twice in less than a month of betting here, yes it is. You get 50 the day after you hit zero.
Not necessarily the next day. You could be at zero now, and if an event get's posted now, you will immediately recieve the 50.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
  #194
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
So I can get multiple 50s in one day?
uh oh!

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:53 PM
  #195
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Not necessarily the next day. You could be at zero now, and if an event get's posted now, you will immediately recieve the 50.
So I can get multiple 50s in one day?

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:55 PM
  #196
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
So I can get multiple 50s in one day?
Yes. Every time an event is posted, should any member be at 0, they will recieve a free 50...not limited to one per day.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 04:04 PM
  #197
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,634
vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Find an event to post!!!

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:52 PM
  #198
CantSeeColors
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
No, I know. Trust me, I know. I think I lost 5k on the Sens game.

That's the 2nd time they have burned us! I'm sure you remember the previous Sens loss and vCash that was lost with it.

...brutal!
that game cost me the 2-3k I had and I still haven't been able to get out of this hole. It's getting aggravating since I like to bet on every first round series and we're down to about a week until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Yes. Every time an event is posted, should any member be at 0, they will recieve a free 50...not limited to one per day.
First Thursday was amazing for that. I had bets going on like five games all from the free 50.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 09:54 PM
  #199
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,763
vCash: 500
oh well 2nd place here I come, losing by one point =(

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:01 PM
  #200
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
that game cost me the 2-3k I had and I still haven't been able to get out of this hole. It's getting aggravating since I like to bet on every first round series and we're down to about a week until then.

First Thursday was amazing for that. I had bets going on like five games all from the free 50.
I hear ya.

You have 50 now. You should go find a bet and place it, that way if another one comes up...you can max out until you build up your vBucks.

I have 60k on this game now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hamels View Post
oh well 2nd place here I come, losing by one point =(
And me? Let me guess...2nd last!

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.