HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nashville Predators Player Ratings Updated

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2004, 12:52 PM
Slats432

vCash: 500
Nashville Predators Player Ratings Updated

Based on the new ratings system, http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0 , I have updated the Preds prospects.

More Preds stuff to come. (Also, new HF Organizational rankings and HF Top 50 prospects are in process. )

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 09-30-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Old
09-08-2004, 12:58 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
Based on the new ratings system, http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0 , I have updated the Preds prospects.

More Preds stuff to come. (Also, new HF Organizational rankings and HF Top 50 prospects are in process. )
Before even reading the rankings, I'm going to tell you that they suck

Here's the link

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=6

I'll sticky this for a couple of days.

Old
09-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Before even reading the rankings, I'm going to tell you that they suck
Are you talking about the player rankings? Odd, I actually bumped a player or two since I noticed they seemed kind of low.

Also, there are coding bugs....like Upshall should be ahead of Radulov on the chart...they are working on it.

Old
09-08-2004, 01:02 PM
SmokeyClause

Once constructive comment...Pivko is a 6A or 6B. He's only going to be a 3rd or fourth liner but I think he'll likely be that next year. He'll likely acheive his upside.

Old
09-08-2004, 01:05 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
Are you talking about the player rankings? Odd, I actually bumped a player or two since I noticed they seemed kind of low.

Also, there are coding bugs....like Upshall should be ahead of Radulov on the chart...they are working on it.

I was talking about the ratings. Looks like a good list though. Maybe we'll get some respect.

Old
09-08-2004, 04:42 PM
Slats432

Quote:
I was talking about the ratings. Looks like a good list though. Maybe we'll get some respect.
I would like to give you a hint, since I am on the Organizational Rankings Committee, but sadly, I can't.

Old
09-08-2004, 05:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

hm, i'm not sure I really agree with a lot of the rankings, honestly.

according to this...guys that should pretty easily be first liners...shishkanov and radulov in particular...look only to aspire to be second liners? Kevin Klein a third pairing d-man? Brandon Segal a fourth liner?

shrug, they're better than they were.

Old
09-08-2004, 05:34 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
hm, i'm not sure I really agree with a lot of the rankings, honestly.

according to this...guys that should pretty easily be first liners...shishkanov and radulov in particular...look only to aspire to be second liners? Kevin Klein a third pairing d-man? Brandon Segal a fourth liner?

shrug, they're better than they were.
But we're homers though. If we ranked everything on how us fans thought, then we'd be no different than Montreal. I would agree though that they should be slightly higher in certain respects. Baby steps, though. You don't go from terribly inaccurate to perfectly accurate over night. As George's familiarity with our prospects increases, I think you'll see minor changes here and there. I doubt this is permanent and unchangeable.

Old
09-08-2004, 05:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
But we're homers though. If we ranked everything on how us fans thought, then we'd be no different than Montreal. I would agree though that they should be slightly higher in certain respects. Baby steps, though. You don't go from terribly inaccurate to perfectly accurate over night. As George's familiarity with our prospects increases, I think you'll see minor changes here and there. I doubt this is permanent and unchangeable.
no, i understand that..but it seems like...depending on the team, a lot of the HF rankings seem to contradict even unbiased scouting reports. It just seems hard to believe that unless we have a few guys overachieving, we'll be fielding a bunch of second liners and third pairing defensemen...when other sources would say they were first liners and first or even second pairing. like i said, it's not a huge deal to me, and i definitely don't blame George...but the system on the whole seems to have some pretty sizeable flaws.

Old
09-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Olorin

I have a question about Glazachev's rating. He's currently a 6.5 which I interpret as a 2nd/3rd liner, but as long as the ratings are based on upside shouldn't he be a 7C or possibly a 7.5C? I can't claim to have any special insight into Glazachev and his potential, but from what I've read about him it seems to me that he's pegged as a top-six forward if he makes the NHL. Any explanation is much appreciated.

Old
09-08-2004, 06:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan13
I have a question about Glazachev's rating. He's currently a 6.5 which I interpret as a 2nd/3rd liner, but as long as the ratings are based on upside shouldn't he be a 7C or possibly a 7.5C? I can't claim to have any special insight into Glazachev and his potential, but from what I've read about him it seems to me that he's pegged as a top-six forward if he makes the NHL. Any explanation is much appreciated.

that's what i'm saying

it's like...to me...someone like Glazachev makes it as 1st or second liner...or not at all. he's not exactly known for his defense.

Old
09-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Slats432

Well, here is the problem with it all, and Smokey hit it on the head. If you ask a Habs fan, everyone in their organization will only ever be a first liner or top pairing defenseman.

I suppose, that it good to point out that 1 in 5 or less drafted prospects actually make any impact in the NHL. With Glazachev, I look at his deficiencies, being skating, and doesn't have a high end gear. His defensive play needs to improve as well.

The reminder is a player like Marty Reasoner started out as an offensive player and had to adapt his game to become a solid NHLer. I see the same thing in Glazachev. Realistically, he doesn't or hasn't yet, shown the high end offensive skill required to be an NHL scoring threat. So I peg him as a guy that will have to adapt his game, and if he does, he can still be a 2nd liner, but won't score in the top echelon of 2nd liners. But he is offensive enough to not only be relegated to a bottom 6 upside.

I will admit, if anything, I will underrate, rather than overrate players, simply because that is an epidemic that runs rampant on these boards. I would rather be right than popular.

Old
09-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

While you do tend to underrate more than overrate (See Keven Klein and Glazachev), we are still glad to have somone aboard that is willing to watch, learn, and rate our prospects rather than the zero representation we have had in the past. To be honest, if everyone rated their prospect pools as you do, one would have a much truer representation of what a team really has.

09-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Upchuck19

D
1. Ryan Suter 8.5B
2. Shea Weber 7B
3. Richard Stehlik 6.5D
4. Kevin Klein 6.5B

I thought Weber would be a little ahead of Klein, but both will have big futures for the Preds.

Something to watch out for, Shea's little brother played in his first WHL game last night when Kelowna beat Kamloops 3-0.

Brandon Weber looks like a clone of his big brother, he 6'2" 215 lbs and he's 17 yrs old. He got into a fight last night and TKO another rookie from Kamloops 6'5" Benn Olson to the ice.

Brandon is tough, good skater and looks about the same as Shea did as a 17 yr old. Wouldn't that be something if the Preds draft Brandon in June 05?

Closed Thread