HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-Phi

Old
04-05-2009, 11:28 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

vCash: 500
Min-Phi

Minnesota:
Lupul

Philadelphia:
Harding

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:35 PM
AK

This is new and original.

I thought the default was "Lupul and a pick" for Harding.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
This is new and original.

I thought the default was "Lupul and a pick" for Harding.

Regardless how unoriginal you think it is it still makes some sense.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Ace88*

love how Philly fans are trying to dump Lupul.

Anyway it's not a bad trade if Lupul didn't have such a filthy contract

Ace88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:01 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace88 View Post

That's why we want to dump him (the contract)

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:01 AM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Regardless how unoriginal you think it is it still makes some sense.
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense.

I just thought it was kind of funny to see again. "Lupul and a pick" has become the new "Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd".

"Lupul and a pick for Harding" is the new "Staal for Kaberle" proposal.

Just saw some humor in it.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:03 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:

there's no indication of which team the OP is rooting for. and lupul is a logical choice to be moved; the flyers don't need him and he has decent value for a trade.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:04 AM
mercury

I think Lupul and one of our 3rds this year is fair. It's better than waiting for RFA compensation that wouldn't be until next year. How much do you think Harding gets on this next contract?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Ace88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I think Lupul and one of our 3rds this year is fair. It's better than waiting for RFA compensation that wouldn't be until next year. How much do you think Harding gets on this next contract?
No more than $4 million a year, perhaps for 3 years

Old
04-06-2009, 12:23 AM
mercury

Quote:
No more than $4 million a year, perhaps for 3 years
Really? I was kind of thinking more like $3 million a year for 2-3. He hasn't been a starter yet. $4 million a year for three years sounds high, considering what the market is right now. Would three years take him to UFA? I could see him taking a moderate number if the contract ends there, because he could really cash in if his numbers hold. Maybe $3.5 million. That's what Biron got last year and this, and I'd much rather have Harding. It's really the last hole we have (maybe another top-4 defenseman and a heavyweight enforcer, but goal is the main thing to address).

Old
04-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Harding won't get close to $4M a year unless he earns a starting job and proves himself worthy of it. He hasn't done anything at all at the NHL level to warrant any more than $1.5M, yet.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 12:27 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Harding won't get close to $4M a year unless he earns a starting job and proves himself worthy of it. He hasn't done anything at all at the NHL level to warrant any more than $1.5M, yet.
Now that sounds very low. I can't imagine that he would get less than the max 2nd rounder compensation if he gets to July 1st, which is $2.6 million or so, right?

Old
04-06-2009, 01:33 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Quote:
Now that sounds very low. I can't imagine that he would get less than the max 2nd rounder compensation if he gets to July 1st, which is $2.6 million or so, right?
Umm, Nittimakki did more than he has and Nitty didn't warrent even 2 mil a year even after winning gold and olympic MVP. 4 mil for someone who isnt even a starter yet, no way unless the cap is at 150 mil.

Now I'm not saying that Nitty is better or anything but that until you have actually PROVEN yourself worthy of 4 mil you don't get it just thrown your way on "potential" unless you are the #1 pick in a draft.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Ace88*

Quote:
Really? I was kind of thinking more like $3 million a year for 2-3. He hasn't been a starter yet. $4 million a year for three years sounds high, considering what the market is right now. Would three years take him to UFA? I could see him taking a moderate number if the contract ends there, because he could really cash in if his numbers hold. Maybe $3.5 million. That's what Biron got last year and this, and I'd much rather have Harding. It's really the last hole we have (maybe another top-4 defenseman and a heavyweight enforcer, but goal is the main thing to address).
i mean that's how much realistically the maximum someone would probably be willing to pay him at this point. i personally wouldn't hand him $4 mil a season (although a certain Leafs ex-GM did the same thing for another previous backup), id give him 2 years for $2.5 mil and tell him if he plays lights out then he can expect a larger contract when the time comes. but yeah i dont think anyone would give him $4 mil + a season, but i could see some teams desperate enough for goaltending giving him $3.5 - $3.8 million a season

Old
04-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
If Harding was a starter, he would obviously get $3M+, but he is, at this point, a career backup. There's no way anyone pays up for him until he proves something.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 04:12 AM
mercury

Quote:
If Harding was a starter, he would obviously get $3M+, but he is, at this point, a career backup. There's no way anyone pays up for him until he proves something.
See, I would think that a team that needs goaltending would send an offer sheet for max 2nd rounder compensation level, which would be $2.6 million or so.

Old
04-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Quote:

As someone on the Flyrs board pointed out, the contract isn't as bad as you would suggest. It's certainly not a bargain, but it's not as inflated as some would suggest.

The real issue with the contract, is it's bad for the Flyers...

1.) Cap strapped team, and he's set to recieve a raise.
2.) He's burried on the 3rd line, because of the forward depth.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 10:52 AM
BrindamoursNose

Why does Lupul have to be such good friends with Carter/Hartnell? If they weren't, I'd dump his ass in a second ONLY because of his contract, otherwise he's a good player.

But I think he and/or Carle/Jones need to go this offseason for us to address goaltender.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 11:21 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Umm, Nittimakki did more than he has and Nitty didn't warrent even 2 mil a year even after winning gold and olympic MVP. 4 mil for someone who isnt even a starter yet, no way unless the cap is at 150 mil.

Now I'm not saying that Nitty is better or anything but that until you have actually PROVEN yourself worthy of 4 mil you don't get it just thrown your way on "potential" unless you are the #1 pick in a draft.
just a minor correction, but Niitty took silver at the olympics. the swedes beat the finns that year, iirc.

Old
04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Why does Lupul have to be such good friends with Carter/Hartnell? If they weren't, I'd dump his ass in a second ONLY because of his contract, otherwise he's a good player.

But I think he and/or Carle/Jones need to go this offseason for us to address goaltender.
I would love to send Lupul and a pick for Harding or Rask, and then Jones for a pick. Our team would look spectacular for the next few years.

Old
04-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Red Alberks

I used to like this deal, but now it doesn't sound so good. As a Minny fan, I would take a 2nd round pick for Harding. We don't really have the cap room to take on a guy who makes 4 million dollars and doesn't entirely live up to the contract.

Red Alberks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 07:50 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post

Actually, I don't think them being close firends will play into any decission to keep him or not, look at what happened with Upshall. Upshall was just as close to them as Lupul and he was dealt. I personally don't think Lupul will be dealt because he seems to have great chemestry with Carter and Hartnell ON THE ICE. Carter flat out plays his best hockey and is his most productive when Lupul is on his wing. I think it's pretty easy to see and I think we will be keeping him for that very reason. I think we will likely deal JVR for a goalie prospect in the offseason. I wish it were Lupul ++ for a goalie prospect and that JVR is planned to replace Lupul at wing but I don't believe it will happen that way.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 08:22 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Actually, I don't think them being close firends will play into any decission to keep him or not, look at what happened with Upshall. Upshall was just as close to them as Lupul and he was dealt. I personally don't think Lupul will be dealt because he seems to have great chemestry with Carter and Hartnell ON THE ICE. Carter flat out plays his best hockey and is his most productive when Lupul is on his wing. I think it's pretty easy to see and I think we will be keeping him for that very reason. I think we will likely deal JVR for a goalie prospect in the offseason. I wish it were Lupul ++ for a goalie prospect and that JVR is planned to replace Lupul at wing but I don't believe it will happen that way.
but we also saw how flat the team looked after dealing upshall. i'd say that makes the team hesitant to remove another lockerroom personality.

Old
04-07-2009, 09:30 AM
AC Le Rock

reasonable trade from both sides and makes sense. the hard part will be getting Minny to swallow that contract.

when does Harding's contract expire and what is his cap hit?

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote