HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Claude Giroux (Trade?)

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Lab Monkey

vCash: 500
Wow, just wow. What are you smoking and where can I get some? HF has some pretty bad trade ideas but THIS takes the cake. LOL Horrible man, simply horrible.

Old
04-07-2009, 07:23 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Im going to go ahead and give it right back to you

Old
04-07-2009, 09:10 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
no need to bash anyone, the idea is dumb. the flyers will keep giroux as long as they want to keep him. the key to this team's cap success is for young guys like giroux to step up and play at a big contract level for a small contract price.

Old
04-07-2009, 09:47 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

wow

just lock this thread now

Old
04-07-2009, 10:14 AM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
By the time Giroux's entry level deal is up these things will either be happening in the same year, or have happened in a previous year:

Gagne will be a UFA
Carter is up for RFA
Jones will have been a UFA
Coburn will have been up for RFA
Parent will have been up for RFA

Hopefully the Flyers will be smart enough to not re-sign Jones. But if they want to keep the other four of whom, Coburn, Parent, and maybe Carter will be getting raises, it would be hard to keep both Gagne and Giroux. I love Gagne, but by then he'll be past his prime IMO, especially with the injuries he's had and might have in the future. If the team doesn't do anything stupid (handing out 4 mil + long term contracts for guys who don't necessarily deserve them) we should be able to keep Giroux. It would've been awesome if they had extended Lupul for two years instead of four (if he doesn't end up being traded, which is a definite possibility). I think if Holmgren can manage to offer Giroux an extension a year before his deal is up, we can keep him for a lot less (maybe somewhere in 3 mil range) than what he would get if he hit RFA.

Of course all of this depends on Giroux's production in the future anyway

Old
04-07-2009, 10:35 AM
mdm815

OK guys so this might be corny, but if randy wolfe could have the wolf pack, claude deserves his own group. So me and my friends are goin next year and hanging banners for the 'Giroux Croux". Cheesy? Probably, but Claude is filthy. And homer will find a way no matter what to keep this kid.

Old
04-07-2009, 10:48 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Obvious troll is obvious

Old
04-07-2009, 10:48 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
By the time Giroux's entry level deal is up these things will either be happening in the same year, or have happened in a previous year:

Gagne will be a UFA
Carter is up for RFA
Jones will have been a UFA
Coburn will have been up for RFA
Parent will have been up for RFA

Hopefully the Flyers will be smart enough to not re-sign Jones. But if they want to keep the other four of whom, Coburn, Parent, and maybe Carter will be getting raises, it would be hard to keep both Gagne and Giroux. I love Gagne, but by then he'll be past his prime IMO, especially with the injuries he's had and might have in the future. If the team doesn't do anything stupid (handing out 4 mil + long term contracts for guys who don't necessarily deserve them) we should be able to keep Giroux. It would've been awesome if they had extended Lupul for two years instead of four (if he doesn't end up being traded, which is a definite possibility). I think if Holmgren can manage to offer Giroux an extension a year before his deal is up, we can keep him for a lot less (maybe somewhere in 3 mil range) than what he would get if he hit RFA.

Of course all of this depends on Giroux's production in the future anyway
i wouldnt be surprised to see Gagne takes a "hometown discount" to stay with us. Carter will be signed. As well as Coburn and Parent. Jones will be gone no doubt, and i also wouldnt be surprised to see Lupul, Knuble (who may be gone this summer) & Carle no longer with us. Even Briere, as much as people say he "can't be traded", the same thing was said about Bryan McCabe and look what happened. I hope Briere is moved, but i wouldnt be surprised if he isnt, atleast not in the next 2 years.

obviously my word of the day is "surprised"

Old
04-07-2009, 10:49 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

I think the rabid Leaf fans are making fake handles and coming over here to propose new trade ideas

Old
04-07-2009, 10:51 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I think the rabid Leaf fans are making fake handles and coming over here to propose new trade ideas
Now the next Carter for Kaberle won't look quite as bat****. It's like standing next to an ugly girl.

Old
04-07-2009, 10:58 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 50
Seems like the thread has served its purpose. Locked.

Old
04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Scott Hartnells Hair

Claude Giroux trade thread response

Ok everyone, I have been getting a lot of crap for the thread I created last night. And I would just like to say if anyone took me seriously you need to replace the captain of your brain ship, because he's drunk at the wheel. Obviously I was kidding, not only will Giroux be better than either Kostitsyn, but the money doesn't work as well. I want Giroux here for a long time, and I believe our cap problems will be solved by the time he is up for a contract. The kid is going to be sick nasty (he already is, but even more so in the future).

I made that thread to see what yous would say and I got what I thought I would, and I had a good laugh about it . But not only that, but to also show how out of hand some threads on these boards can be. People come up with crazy ideas/scenarios and act as if they are GMs and post them here.

Lets keep it real, have some fun and lets go Flyers!.

Closed Thread