HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NCAA, European & Juniors discussion

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2009, 12:48 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
anyone have a link to watch that game?

Old
04-05-2009, 01:14 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
anyone have a link to watch that game?
http://livestream.ontariohockeyleague.com/

This is the only one I know of, but it's not free.

Old
04-05-2009, 01:54 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Brampton is down 2-0 after the first.

Old
04-05-2009, 02:02 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Tomas Kundratek was named #2 star last night.MH dropped game 1 of their series against Brandon.Kundratek has raised his game and was a big reason Medicine Hat advanced past Swift Current.

http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1006116

Old
04-05-2009, 02:11 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Brampton is getting worked 4-0 still early in the 2nd period. Mcullum has faced 12 shots and made 8 saves. Pretty bad.

Old
04-05-2009, 02:49 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Brampton is down 4-1 after 2 periods. Grachev isn't on the scoresheet, yet.

Old
04-05-2009, 05:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Brampton lost 5-1. Shockingly, Grachev was scoreless and a -3.

Old
04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

London is tied up at one right now with Del Zotto getting an assist so far.

Old
04-05-2009, 08:40 PM
GAGLine

Listening to Medicine Hat game. They just interviewed Perry Pearn between periods. He was very respectful and appreciative of his time in NY. Says he's thinking about being a head coach again, possibly in the WHL.

Old
04-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Ola

Lokomotiv Yaroslav is having a awsome season in Russia. Short term we probably don't need to worry, but if they become a powerhouse in Russia it might help them lure back "our kids", that we borrowed from them...

Like if they struggle on the way to NY and needs a couple of years more in the AHL.

Old
04-06-2009, 06:41 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Medicine Hat is down 2-0 on their series with Brandon.

London is up 3-0 in their series. That team has so many good players. They have two excellent D in MDZ and John Carlson. That is the difference between London and Brampton.

Old
04-06-2009, 07:06 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
So is it looking like a Brampton-London final?

Old
04-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Lokomotiv Yaroslav is having a awsome season in Russia. Short term we probably don't need to worry, but if they become a powerhouse in Russia it might help them lure back "our kids", that we borrowed from them...

Like if they struggle on the way to NY and needs a couple of years more in the AHL.
Ola you wrong. Rangers didn't borrowed kid's from Loko. It's exactly opposed, Loko decide to give their kids a chance to play insted of killing them in 4 line under group of vet's like many team's in Russia do. Loko only fighted for Varlamov but he was big contributor unlike Grachev and Anisimov.

Loko shool is one of the best in Russia. They can produce at least one Anisimov every year. If Anisimov, Grachev or Loktionov or Klyukin or Vasyunov etc. fail to make NHL for whatever reason, they can alway's go back to home. Very smart strategy.

Old
04-06-2009, 10:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
So is it looking like a Brampton-London final?
Not yet.If Brampton should get past Mississagua, they will probably face Belleville which will be a very tough series.

Then it's the OHL final which will most likely be up against London who should beat the winner of Windsor/Plymouth.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...p?season_id=37

Old
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Not yet.If Brampton should get past Mississagua, they will probably face Belleville which will be a very tough series.

Then it's the OHL final which will most likely be up against London who should beat the winner of Windsor/Plymouth.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...p?season_id=37
I would not count on London beating Windsor, they're the best team in the OHL. Unless Tavares goes on a roll it's going to be a very tough series from London.

Old
04-06-2009, 02:06 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I would not count on London beating Windsor, they're the best team in the OHL. Unless Tavares goes on a roll it's going to be a very tough series from London.
Go Knights.

Go Whale.

Old
04-06-2009, 02:13 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Go Knights.

Go Whale.
Now that would be the best of both worlds.

Old
04-07-2009, 10:24 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

There's no draft thread so

The under 18's are coming up soon

Quote:
Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi(2)-MSP was the second ranked European prospect behind some guy named Hedman, and has been talked about as a potential top 10, or even top 5 pick. The kid is like a Cadillac and he rarely took things out of the second gear against Norway--he was basically on Sweden's fourth line and kept his shifts short--but when he did, he was very impressive. He's one of the fastest, most effortless skaters I've ever seen. There weren't a lot of opportunities to show off his offensive ability because his ice time was kept down, but he showed some nice, quick hands around the net.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson(8)-He's made a huge move up a lot of people's draft boards over the past couple months, and it's easy to see why. He's a great skater, and got a ridiculous amount of offensive talent. I wasn't overly impressed defensively, where he gave up three odd-man rushes against the US, but he's got so much potential that I could see him going in the top 10 of the draft.

Anton Lander(13)-I think he's captained Sweden at some international events, and that leadership shows on the ice. He was really smart and responsible on both ends of the ice. He's maybe not offensively as flashy, but makes a lot of solid plays in the offensive end, and is rock solid defensively. He could be a steal among the European players.

Jacob Josefson(3)-He missed the first exhibition due to a shoulder injury. I'm not sure if he's 100%, but he looked fine in the second game. He's a silky smooth player with tremendously quick hands. Sweden loves to use him down low on the right side of the net where he can create offensive opportunities with his shifty stickhandling.

Tim Erixon(5)-He's got kind of a weird skating style. He's very hunched over, but it seems to work for him. He's a very offensive-minded player that loves to jump up into the play and is never afraid to fire the puck from the point. For an offensive defenseman, I wasn't overly impressed with his puck-handling ability.

Adam Larsson(2011 eligible)-With the North American 2011 draft class looking weak, expect to hear a lot more about this kid in the next year or two. He's already played some in Sweden's top pro league. He's very talented, but playing against this older competition, you can see that needs a litlte more strength and maturity. But once he develops a little more, he should near the top of the 2011 draft.

Patrick Cehlin(21)-I was really impressed with the way he played. He's short, but has a very low center of gravity and is really strong. He protects the puck really well and uses his quickness really well. I don't know how that would translate to the pro level, but he seems like a tough player to play against.

Carl Klingberg(7)-He was paired with MSP and also didn't see a lot of ice time against Norway. He's got good size, but didn't do a lot in the first exhibition game.

Simon Bertisson(12)-A pretty solid defender that likes to step up and throw the big hit against on-rushing opponents.

Martin Karlsson(22)-Sees the ice pretty well and can really pass the puck. Made one ridiculous pass that really impressed some of the scouts in attendance against Norway
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....preview-sweden

Jan Erixon's boy who was born in Westchester.

Old
04-07-2009, 10:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Players to Watch: #4 D Cam Fowler, #11 F Jeremy Morin, #15 F Drew Shore, #17 Ryan Bourque

Quote:
Cam Fowler(2010 eligible): Fowler is probably the top defenseman in this tournament. He'd be a top five pick in this year's draft, and should probably be in the top 3 for next year. He's a fantastic skater and is great at reading the play. The US will really lean on him in this tournament.

Jeremy Morin(21): Apparently he played in the first period against Germany, but he didn't play in the second half of the Germany game or in the Sweden game, so I didn't get to see him.

Drew Shore (32, Denver commit): Shore was really low in the Mid-term rankings, but lately, a lot of people have had him in the mid-first round. I'd put him in about the middle of those two extremes. He's a big guy with great skills, but he's not your prototypical power forward that is really going to bang around. He's more of a skill player, though against Germany, he showed a nice willingness to work his way into the slot with the puck to get a better shot even though it meant taking a lot of contact.

Chris Brown(29, Michigan commit): I've always been very impressed with what Brown brings to the table. He's not a huge offensive threat, but he's a big guy that will skate well, throw his weight around on both ends of the ice and create havoc in front of the net. He's maybe not a first round draft pick just because he won't provide a lot of offense, but he'll be a solid second or third round pick.

Ryan Bourque(61): He's a very small forward, which I don't think helps his future as an NHL player, but he's a very talented player that should be an offensive leader for the US team.

William Wrenn(47, Denver commit): Wrenn is just a quiet, steady performer. He won't blow you away with his skill, but plays a solid, very physical brand of defense.

Kenny Ryan(65, Boston College commit): He's really made the transition from more of a skill player to a gritty hard-working forward with a little bit of skill quite nicely. Does a good job of making little plays to get the job done.

John Henrion(151, New Hampshire commit): One of the talented speedy, high-energy lower line guys for the US. Very talented, but sometimes falls in love with his shot from the perimeter, which is good, but isn't going to beat most goalies at this level.

Jason Zucker(2010 eligible, Denver commit): Zucker is just an all-around smart hockey player. He understands the game really well and is a very solid player in all facets of the game. It seems like he wins every battle for the puck. He should make a nice contribution to this team despite being one of the younger guys.

Adam Clendening(2011 eligible): He's really developed over the past year with the NTDP. He's a good skater and has excellent hands for a defenseman. He should turn into a great offensvie defenseman.

Jon Merrill(2010 eligible, Michigan commit): He's got a ton of talent and potential, and played a pretty responsible defensive game, but I think in order to take the next step, he needs to become more aggressive. He was paired with Cam Fowler and the difference between the two is that Fowler always looks like he wants the puck on his stick, whereas Merrill always looks like he's trying to get rid of the puck as quickly as possible. He was much better in the Sweden game, and actually scored a goal in the third period off a nice shot from the point.

Phillip Samuelsson(59, Boston College commit): He was responsible for two of Sweden's three goals. His ice time should be fairly limited in this tournament
http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-united-states

Old
04-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Ola

I am not all that impressed with Erixon's kid either. He is playing in the SEL regulary which is pretty rare for a prospect, and usually means that the kid will go in the 1st round of the draft, or early 2nd round atleast.

I've not followed Erixon all that closely, but I wouldn't be suprised if he fell some on draft day. He just isn't that talented, nor does he seems all that poised et c.

He is probably gooing to become a good player. Like probably a very solid AHLer. But I don't know if he have all that much potential.

Old
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
I am not all that impressed with Erixon's kid either. He is playing in the SEL regulary which is pretty rare for a prospect, and usually means that the kid will go in the 1st round of the draft, or early 2nd round atleast.

I've not followed Erixon all that closely, but I wouldn't be suprised if he fell some on draft day. He just isn't that talented, nor does he seems all that poised et c.

He is probably gooing to become a good player. Like probably a very solid AHLer. But I don't know if he have all that much potential.
How about some of the other players?Lander,Josefson,etc.

Old
04-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Synergy27

Quote:
Draft them all. I would love to see the Rangers loaded with Swedes (and the Garden loaded with their women).

Old
04-07-2009, 12:24 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Draft them all. I would love to see the Rangers loaded with Swedes (and the Garden loaded with their women).
HAHA, by this thinking lets draft all Australians!

Old
04-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Ola

Quote:
IMO Anton Lander is kind of the same as Erixon.

Sweden have a awsome yeargroup with these 91's. He have been a mainstay on the nationalteam, he have been good in the juniorleague, and then he made the SEL and played half much as a 16 y/o. All that are typical components one can see in the CV's of european NHL stars. I've seen Lander rated as a mid 1st rounder.

But he just really isn't that good. I've only seen him against very good opposition, so maybe I've missed something. But he isn't a offensive player, he is more of a smart center. I've not seen much offense in him.

Natrually he have allot of hockey in him, and all of a sudden he breaks out offensivly. But Id definitly rank him behind Backlund who Calgary took last season, and Backlund is a avg 1st rounder. Not good or bad.

Jacob Joseffson is really talented and slick. He got awsome hands and is allot of potential in his skating. He isn't the type who is a finnished product almost at 17-18, he is pretty thin and weak and you can see when he skate that needs to get allot stronger. He is a awsome skater in some situations, and others he loosees his balance right away or just seems like he is skating in mud. In short, he can develop allot.

I don't know how I would feel about the Rangers drafting him. He seems like kind of a nice guy; would he be "soft" in the NHL? Like a Päärjärvi isn't physical in any way, but he is exactly like a Parise with the puck. He thrives in traffic. Jacobsson is more of a finesse player, but he is young, very thin and playing against mens. Its definitly a aspect he could outgrow in a hurry. Offensivly he have allot of potential. I am not sure who to compare him with, he is kind of in the Semin/Kessel/Filatov mold.

Old
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
PoddubnyRules

Quote:

But can he shoot the puck, unlike his Dad? As good a defensive forward as he was, it always seemed that if you put Jannie on a dock with a bag of pucks, he'd have a tough time getting them into the ocean...

Closed Thread