HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds Hit 14k Mark

Old
04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Preds Hit 14k Mark

Will receive full revenue sharing.

Welcome to Nashville, Mr. Gionta!

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:08 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Will receive full revenue sharing.

Welcome to Nashville, Mr. Gionta!
more like, welcome back to Nashville Mr Bonk and Mr Nichol, and maybe Mr Ward and Mr Fiddler, and hopefully Mr Radulov and Mr Sullivan.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

04-07-2009, 01:17 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
more like, welcome back to Nashville Mr Bonk and Mr Nichol, and maybe Mr Ward and Mr Fiddler, and hopefully Mr Radulov and Mr Sullivan.
Anybody got some rope?

Old
04-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

BigFatCat & I believe this will be the lineup for next season

Sullivan (hopefully at no more than 2.5) - Arnott - Dumont
Legwand - Wilson - Erat
Jones - Cal - Pihlstrom
Smithson - Bonk - Tootoo

Hornqvist - Belak

Suter - Weber
Hamhuis - Zanon/Klein
Klein/Zanon - Sulzer
????

Rinne
Ellis

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:28 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
Sullivan (hopefully at no more than 2.5) - Arnott - Dumont
Legwand - Wilson - Erat
Jones - Cal - Pihlstrom
Smithson - Bonk - Tootoo

Hornqvist - Belak

Suter - Weber
Hamhuis - Zanon/Klein
Klein/Zanon - Sulzer
????

Rinne
Ellis
and we'll be fighting for spot #8-11 again with this lineup.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I'll tinker with this just a tad...

Quote:
Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Legwand - Wilson - Erat
Jones - O'Reilly - Hörnqvist
Pihlström - Bonk - Tootoo
Smithson, Belak

Suter - Weber
Hamhuis - Klein
Blum - Sulzer
Free Agent

Rinne
Free Agent that is more similar to Rinne in terms of play-style
I'd be okay with that.

Old
04-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I would be surprised if Zanon and Sullivan are gone. I would also be surprised if Radulov is not back in the NHL next year. Therefore, I would pencil him in on the second line. Wilson would then either be on the third line, or in the minors (unless Rads was traded). The third line is plausible, but I don't think Hornqvist plays on the third line. I would say someone will be brought in to play here OR Fiddler is resigned OR Tootoo is given that spot. Its a stretch to think O'Reilly will be given the third line center spot, but maybe he is opening some eyes.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I'd think we'd re-sign Ward with the way he's been playing for us.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'd think we'd re-sign Ward with the way he's been playing for us.
3rd line $, not top line $

Old
04-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
3rd line $, not top line $
Anything over $1.5 would be pushing it I'd say.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:23 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

In my mind give me:

Sullivan $2.5 million a year
Ward: $1.25-1.75 Million a year
Wilson: $1.75 Million
Nichol: $800,000

Radulov: traded. His cost and skills are a perfect fit but his baggage is not. The interesting problem is if the Preds can't trade him. Of course in a perfect world....

Sully-Arnott-Dumont
Rads-Legwand-Erat
Jones-Wilson-Pihlstrom
Ward-Nichol-Tootoo
Smithson

But in this world Obama would be packing a M-16 and starting in Rambo 5: Quest for a nuclear free Iran.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I would be surprised if Zanon and Sullivan are gone. I would also be surprised if Radulov is not back in the NHL next year. Therefore, I would pencil him in on the second line. Wilson would then either be on the third line, or in the minors (unless Rads was traded). The third line is plausible, but I don't think Hornqvist plays on the third line. I would say someone will be brought in to play here OR Fiddler is resigned OR Tootoo is given that spot. Its a stretch to think O'Reilly will be given the third line center spot, but maybe he is opening some eyes.
Well, brace yourself for a few surprises in the off-season. Radulov's return would be a huge shot in the arm for the organization, but I don't expect it to happen.

If we re-sign Fiddler and/or Nichol, I will not renew my season tickets, because this organization is not committed to putting the best possible product on the ice if those two return (I probably won't renew anyway for reasons not related to management).

Nichol, for all his speed and defensive prowess and tenacity, is a hot head who takes inopportune penalties, is coming off at least his second concussion since the lockout, and is redundant in the organization with the advent of Pihlström (as well as, to a degree, Tootoo). Bonk is much bigger and more capable in the physical respects of the game while being as good as Nichol defensively and in the face-off dot.
Fiddler... well, he's Fiddler. He plays okay along the boards, but has an offensive repertoire rivaling that of Greg Johnson and hurts us offensively by constantly being caught offside. There are probably more than 100 NHL players that could play the game Fiddler plays. We can find a player like that anywhere, and we really don't have much need for him with Smithson in the organization.

I tend to think the third line needs a greater infusion of skill, and O'Reilly and Hörnqvist are just the players to do it. Cal has really come into his own offensively and, provided he bulks up a little in the off-season, should be fine in his own end. Hörnqvist is still adjusting and this spot could possibly be filled by Ward, who would also be happy to re-sign to a reasonable contract. That said, I think Patric is poised to have a very solid campaign next season, as long as he works on controlling his shot better and developing a little more patience with the puck (read: doing something other than shooting from the top of the circle).

On defense, I guess it's just me, but I would be more than willing to let Zanon walk if it meant getting a younger, cheaper, more talented defenseman in his place. We need a blue liner that can skate to play with Hamhuis, whether it be Klein, Sulzer, Blum, or even Josi. De Vries and Zanon have not worked alongside him very well at all. If Zanon wants to come back and be our #7 defenseman then by all means bring him back, because he brings some nice intangibles to the club house, but I don't see him wanting to take such a major cut of ice time.

Old
04-07-2009, 03:58 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Improving this team has two levels of conotation, improve skill wise, or improve financially. You can improve the team skill wise AND make the team cheaper. For example and this is a paper roster not what will happen or what I'd like:

Sullivan-Arnott-Dumont
Jones-Legwand-Erat
Radulov-Wilson-Pihlstrom
Ward-Nichol-Tootoo
Smithson-O'Reilly

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Sulzer
Klein-Franson
Belak

Rinne
Ellis

This team would be 2 million cheaper and the 3rd line becomes a scoring line. Here's the rub. The PK goes into the toliet and there is a risk of playing Belak as a defenseman. If there is a long term injury you could have a call up in Milwaukee for Josi or Blum. Now, the team could follow tradition and trade Ellis and put in Smith/Dekanich/Pickard and save more money but the skill level at Goal would go down and you risk putting all your eggs in the Rinne basket which all crack if he has a sophmore slump. Radulov would be playing on a young but balanced line where Wilson would perfectly play with Radulov's skills. Pihlstrom would be the grinder. I really like the line-up above on paper. But paper don't win Cups.

Old
04-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Wilson... who isn't even signed to an NHL contract... is already being penciled in to take Legwand's job next season? Just like last summer, how Hornqvist was supposed to easily replace Radulov on the 1st line?

Wilson will be in Milwaukee/Boston at the start of next season, barring any injury. I'll bet all my vBucks on that.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 04:45 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Wilson... who isn't even signed to an NHL contract... is already being penciled in to take Legwand's job next season? Just like last summer, how Hornqvist was supposed to easily replace Radulov on the 1st line?

Wilson will be in Milwaukee/Boston at the start of next season, barring any injury. I'll bet all my vBucks on that.
I think Wilson will be on the Jones program. half Milwaukee, half Nashville.

Old
04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Ive been thinking about what was mentioned about DeVries and Zanon not working well with Hamhuis. He has been an enigma this season. What will it take to get him going again? A better skater may help but will that change the turnovers and the brutal clearing attempts when 5 men are standing in the blue paint?

DeVries has been terrible, but I dont think he is the reason Hamhuis has faltered. DeVries has looked better alongside KLein I think.

Didnt we even try Suter-Hamhuis at one point earlier this season?

I guess my question is simply what will it take for Hamhuis to regain form?
Dumping DeVries-Zanon? Pairing him with a younger better skater? Trading him out for another blueliner?

Thoughts?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I think blaming de Vries or Zanon on Hamhuis' bad play this year is wrong. Hamhuis is responsible for his own actions. Zanon doesn't make him turn the puck over at the blueline. Zanon doesn't make him pinch at inopportune times. Hamhuis is responsible for Hamhuis' bad play.

I personally think our top 4 is just fine the way it is. I'd keep it the same for next season. If we get more offensive help, it will take less pressure off the defensemen since they don't have to worry about chipping in on offense all the time.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Ive been thinking about what was mentioned about DeVries and Zanon not working well with Hamhuis. He has been an enigma this season. What will it take to get him going again? A better skater may help but will that change the turnovers and the brutal clearing attempts when 5 men are standing in the blue paint?

DeVries has been terrible, but I dont think he is the reason Hamhuis has faltered. DeVries has looked better alongside KLein I think.

Didnt we even try Suter-Hamhuis at one point earlier this season?

I guess my question is simply what will it take for Hamhuis to regain form?
Dumping DeVries-Zanon? Pairing him with a younger better skater? Trading him out for another blueliner?

Thoughts?
Suter - Weber has been the pairing all season long

Old
04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post

Difference is: We all HOPED Hornqvist was going to be like Radulov since he put up great numbers in Europe. Wilson HAS put up great numbers in North America and against GREAT competition in the world junior championships.

Also, another difference is Hornqvist was the VERY last pick in his draft, Wilson... top of the first round.

Comparing Hornqvist with Wilson is like comparing Suter to Skrastins...

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote